Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about Apollo, they only take orders through bank deposit...kinda risky.

Image020555.jpg

Hello Majid

Is this your 12 years old brother as well?

I mean his toe is pointing towards cover and he is trying to push the ball towards midwicket, or maybe he is trying to a block a ball pitched on middle n off with a slanted bat while pointing his foot towards cover.... maybe he is trying to run it down towards leg slip? I am not sure.

With this foot position, he should be playing a nice cover drive with his back slightly more bent and coming on top of the ball.

Just a thought. no offense intended.

What do you guys think of Newbery SPS2 Camouflage gloves?

Personally I don't like the camouflage bit but they are currently selling for only £30 so was thinking of picking up a pair.

What do you guys think of Newbery SPS2 Camouflage gloves?

Personally I don't like the camouflage bit but they are currently selling for only £30 so was thinking of picking up a pair.

Aamer Bhai it's real bargaini know which one you are talking about. I would say get the pair of pads as well! Forget the look of the gloves, it's Newbery so the softs will be top notch.

If I was in UK I would have bought by now :)

Just the gloves or pads as well? Nevertheless its a very good purchase.

Last edited:
Just the gloves. Don't really need the pads as they don't wear out as quickly as gloves.

Oh okay. I am sure you know this fact that if you use inners then your gloves will last longer.

The gloves usually cost around 60 Pounds in a regular season so its a great bargain.

Hello Majid

Is this your 12 years old brother as well?

I mean his toe is pointing towards cover and he is trying to push the ball towards midwicket, or maybe he is trying to a block a ball pitched on middle n off with a slanted bat while pointing his foot towards cover.... maybe he is trying to run it down towards leg slip? I am not sure.

With this foot position, he should be playing a nice cover drive with his back slightly more bent and coming on top of the ball.

Just a thought. no offense intended.

Look son, can you not see am just in my room and taking pictures to post on the forum. I'm not in a match/nets situation or not in a studio trying to demonstrate how to play such shots. I did such a pose so my brother can take pictures of the gloves and bat. Not trying to play anyshots thru midwicket or block the ball. However when in a match or net situation I play properly with correct feet position and technique.

Last edited:
[Please don't be offensive]. Can you not see am just in my room and taking pictures to post on the forum. I'm not in a match/nets situation or not in a studio trying to demonstrate how to play such shots. I did such a pose so my brother can take pictures of the gloves and bat. Not trying to play anyshots thru midwicket or block the ball. I play properly with correct feet position and technique in the nets and matches. I'm quiting frm posting on this topic.

Touchy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Kuch Nothin Dosta. Pata nahin out of no where he started being rude and insulting towards me and my lil bro.

Last edited:
Next bat I'm going to buy is SS Ton Suarav Ganguly. Its a lower/mid range bat but still buying it becuase Ganguly is one of my favourite players. I'll post few pictures of the bat tomorrow.

Last edited:
Look son, can you not see am just in my room and taking pictures to post on the forum. I'm not in a match/nets situation or not in a studio trying to demonstrate how to play such shots. I did such a pose so my brother can take pictures of the gloves and bat. Not trying to play anyshots thru midwicket or block the ball. However when in a match or net situation I play properly with correct feet position and technique.

OH ok ok. Sorry I didn't know u were just posing for the gloves. I am sure you play with great technique in the nets or in a match situation.

So who do you play for? May be some day we could stop by and see you playing ??

Batting gloves arrived. Great quality and the protection seems good but what is the camouflage all about?

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0074.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

sstonmajid3.jpg
sstonmajid1.jpg
sstonmajid2.jpg

sstongangulybat4.jpg
sstongangulybat1.jpg

Pictures of the new bats (SS Ton Sourav Ganguly) am getting of Ajit Bhai soon.

Last edited:
Great gloves Aamer Bhai. I guess it is just a design I would say although I am not too sure what's the fuss about. I remember in regular season I bought Newber Test gloves (lower range than these ) for £30 whereas these ones were around £50-60. Great bargain I must say once again. Pittard palm looks great!

Nice bay Majid Bhai. Hope it goes well for you!

hey CD
i asked a question a few days back, i guess u skipped it ;-)
do you know what kind of tape(protection), the fielders use whille fielding to protect there fingers ( it is brown in colour i think)??

Hi,

Hope you're well! Sorry if I missed your question.

I am not too sure about it but I guess it would be medical tape (lol). Honestly, I have no clue as I have never used one.

I think they just use a fabric medical plaster. The fabric helps with gripping the ball also unlike the shiny plastic ones.

I find them very cheap looking :(. My intial response regarding these gloves appearance was not great, however, the more I look at them they start to convince me (slightly). I like the present ones much better than these..I mean 2010's.

They certainly look better than Original LE's. It would have been good if Originals had pittard as well.

Yeah but you should have atleast two kind of gloves which are superior in everything. But I must add pittard is really soft and makes gloves very comfortable.

The new d3o gloves have Pittards armour tan palms, prolly to further justify the steep price tag.

I have heard that Woodworm make a really good glove with pittard palms at a good price. Has anyone seen them and what do you think?

GM-gloves must be the most boring gloves ever. A little creativity wouldn't have hurt them.:moyo But I am sure they are good to play with.

I have heard same thing as well. They are the one Malinga wears and they look really nice and at the moment they are going for a good price at SportsHQ

The new d3o gloves have Pittards armour tan palms, prolly to further justify the steep price tag.

GM-gloves must be the most boring gloves ever. A little creativity wouldn't have hurt them.:moyo But I am sure they are good to play with.

Design and structure wise they still look great but it's the colour scheme which is letting them down in my opinion. Both GN and GM softs look rubbish this year.

I had a GM catalog before anyone else seen anything on any forums but in the catalog the softs didn't look as nice as the pictures on GM Site. I'm sure the softs and bats will look even better in flesh. By end of October the bats will be in the shops.

I'll prolly go to VKS during my pre-season, they have the nicest selection of GM bats in the London/South East area as far as I'm concerned. All four bats look appealing, so I'll have to wait and see. That and have my Hero refurbed and stickered as an Apex.

In refurbishment they can reshape your bat if you want different stickers, right? I mean your Hero would be reshaped to Apex and then they will apply stickers, right?

Why don't you fancy Icon? I reckon it will match well with your stuff.

So SS what are you planning to buy for next season?

CD would you be kind enough to extend our wishes to Majid Bhai that we would like to see him play some dashing cricket strokes in a match or in the nets?

CD would you be kind enough to extend our wishes to Majid Bhai that we would like to see him play some dashing cricket strokes in a match or in the nets?

It is upto each individual whether they want to show there batting video or not. I can't force anyone.

Let's not get offtopic, so in order to stay on this topic so my question is which bats do you have Bhai? How is your Joker?

In refurbishment they can reshape your bat if you want different stickers, right? I mean your Hero would be reshaped to Apex and then they will apply stickers, right?

Why don't you fancy Icon? I reckon it will match well with your stuff.

So SS what are you planning to buy for next season?

Nah, the profile on the Hero DXM means that the chevron sticker they put at the toe doesn't go on properly. At least that's been the case with this bat and the one it replaced, would rather have the Apex's stickers as they could run along the spine rather than over it. I don't plan on having the shape changed, although I'm sure after a bit of sanding down, the bat will probably come back feeling a bit lighter than it used to, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned since I sometimes feel like I have golf elbow after a long session using it.

Only thing I really want to get is an Icon, that profile's probably more suited to my new found strength in glancing behind square leg off the back foot.

Nah, the profile on the Hero DXM means that the chevron sticker they put at the toe doesn't go on properly. At least that's been the case with this bat and the one it replaced, would rather have the Apex's stickers as they could run along the spine rather than over it. I don't plan on having the shape changed, although I'm sure after a bit of sanding down, the bat will probably come back feeling a bit lighter than it used to, which is a good thing as far as I'm concerned since I sometimes feel like I have golf elbow after a long session using it.

Only thing I really want to get is an Icon, that profile's probably more suited to my new found strength in glancing behind square leg off the back foot.

Ah okay make sense.

My club mate has Icon (cricketer13 on PP) and I must say it is a beauty. Icon shape and profile is really good. The balance and pickup of Icon is just unbelievable. Poor lad was really excited about his bat but got charged around 50 or so pounds by customs in Canada.

Yeah mans, I've liked virtually every Icon I've picked up. Although I did like the Flare when I had a poke at them.

Are you sorted for kit now that you've got that MB Malik stuff?

I have only held one Icon and it was my mates and I loved it! Flare shape looks good but I believe the pickup won't be as good as Icon.

I haven't used any of that stuff yet as I haven't played any cricket since I got the stuff. I just played once last week and my brother used the MB pads and gloves which he said felt great. For now I am sorted out but am very tempted to get a 'English' bat in sale. So lets hope everything goes well in my way :).

How about you? Planning to snap anything in sales?

Nah, it's some five or six months before our pre-season nets start, so it would just litter my room with further tripping hazards. I was tempted to get some wicket keeping stuff in the sale just as something to fool around with a practise sessions, since there were some Kookaburra Super Greens going for 20 pounds, but decided against it in the end.

Wow where are you based if you don't mind mr asking? Doesn't it start in January the latest and December (if early)?

Wicket keeping is just not in my cup of tea. Don't like wicketkeeping at all!

I live in Kent, there's a shop in a town near me that basically halves the prices of all their cricket stuff to get rid of it to clear up space.

Oh I thought it starts right away as some people said that there indoor has started.

Any special stuff available at his store in this bargain?

Man I have this CA 10000 LE bat I got a few months ago, my mom directly got it from Moin Khan in Karachi. It is brand new, took the plastic off, oiled it and knocked it for an hour or so. It is 2.8, straight grains and ill post the pics, its probably the most expensive bat going around in Pak. I will post detailed pics here, what price should I sell it for? Comes with the bag, plastic is off though, and it is the real deal, it even has a fainting Moin Khan signature on the front which says my name aswell.

I am thinking of buying a lighter GN bat here in Canada somewhere

[Edit by MODS: Please don't advertise your stuff over here. Thanks!]

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I thought it starts right away as some people said that there indoor has started.

Any special stuff available at his store in this bargain?

There were some pretty special looking Kook bats for under £100 and Asics Gel Strike Rates for £40, my bro picked up a pair of them. That was about it really, if I want to look at more brands than the big four, I have to go into London to somewhere like Morrant or VKS.

There were some pretty special looking Kook bats for under £100 and Asics Gel Strike Rates for £40, my bro picked up a pair of them. That was about it really, if I want to look at more brands than the big four, I have to go into London to somewhere like Morrant or VKS.

I had never seen Kookaburra bats (the new ones) however I saw them the other day and God I was impressed with them. They were Kahuna Biggest and the profile, shape was massive. I never liked Kook bats but that was something special though.

He also had Puma Iridum 5000 which had hefty price tag but was not that appealing.

Do VKS have a website?

Man I have this CA 10000 LE bat I got a few months ago, my mom directly got it from Moin Khan in Karachi. It is brand new, took the plastic off, oiled it and knocked it for an hour or so. It is 2.8, straight grains and ill post the pics, its probably the most expensive bat going around in Pak. I will post detailed pics here, what price should I sell it for? Comes with the bag, plastic is off though, and it is the real deal, it even has a fainting Moin Khan signature on the front which says my name aswell.

I am thinking of buying a lighter GN bat here in Canada somewhere

[Edit by MODS: Please don't advertise your stuff over here. Thanks!]

CA 10000 LE is no longer CA's most expensive bat.

It would be good to see its pictures. So do post them

How much does a CA 12000 LE TRD cost in pakistan and please tell me the shop name and which city its located.

thanks

Around Rs. 21,000
In Karachi: UT Sports
In Lahore: Millat Sports
In Sailkot: CA Factory at Daska Road.

I had never seen Kookaburra bats (the new ones) however I saw them the other day and God I was impressed with them. They were Kahuna Biggest and the profile, shape was massive. I never liked Kook bats but that was something special though.

He also had Puma Iridum 5000 which had hefty price tag but was not that appealing.

Do VKS have a website?

Yeah it's vks.com, although the online sale isn't that impressive.

Yeah it's vks.com, although the online sale isn't that impressive.

True, I had a look at the website and it doesn't look that impressive at all.

I find ECB Store website having good stuff but this year they don't seem to have anything impressive either. I go pads from them last year at a good price.

Around Rs. 21,000

WOW - that's almost $300....CD what are the reviews of this bat so far? I was going to get Extra Power due it's profile and affordability.

BTW - GM pads look exactly like SS one's that I have (I think Majid has them too).....is any retailer carrying them yet?

WOW - that's almost $300....CD what are the reviews of this bat so far? I was going to get Extra Power due it's profile and affordability.

BTW - GM pads look exactly like SS one's that I have (I think Majid has them too).....is any retailer carrying them yet?

Yup! The prices have slightly increased due to EU ban as well.

Shery Bhai (cricketer13) has TRD. Not sure how is it.

I don't know but it look like Extra Power has overdried willow.But nevertheless it looks very good, large sweetspot etc

Yes, the Original D30 do resemble your SS pads. By the way, how are they? Review of it?

GM? I don't know any retailer(s) in Toronto who carries them.

Yup! The prices have slightly increased due to EU ban as well.

Shery Bhai (cricketer13) has TRD. Not sure how is it.

I don't know but it look like Extra Power has overdried willow.But nevertheless it looks very good, large sweetspot etc

Yes, the Original D30 do resemble your SS pads. By the way, how are they? Review of it?

GM? I don't know any retailer(s) in Toronto who carries them.

I'd be interested in hearing how those pads are as well. How much did they end up costing you - shipped from Agit im assuming?

Qasra Sports had a few GM's this season. But i think they were all 808 and below. His biggest sellers are the GN.

I'd be interested in hearing how those pads are as well. How much did they end up costing you - shipped from Agit im assuming?

Qasra Sports had a few GM's this season. But i think they were all 808 and below. His biggest sellers are the GN.

Did he by any chance have GM D30 909 (Orange ones)?

Omair Bhai, I bought my pads last year from kitbag and I paid $75 for top of the line pads. I would say it was a good price.

Did he by any chance have GM D30 909 (Orange ones)?

Omair Bhai, I bought my pads last year from kitbag and I paid $75 for top of the line pads. I would say it was a good price.

no he had no softs. just 3 or 4 bats.

Pads are very light and offer pretty good protection too.....I was always big on moulded pads but these pads have given me a different perspective of 'regular' pads.

Between the pads and the gloves, I think it cost me about $100 with shipping - still a pretty good bargain in my opinion.

Please bare in mind that I am no pro at this stuff so my opinion is largely based on what I have used in the past vs what I have acquired based on what I read here.

Pads are very light and offer pretty good protection too.....I was always big on moulded pads but these pads have given me a different perspective of 'regular' pads.

Between the pads and the gloves, I think it cost me about $100 with shipping - still a pretty good bargain in my opinion.

Please bare in mind that I am no pro at this stuff so my opinion is largely based on what I have used in the past vs what I have acquired based on what I read here.

actually a $100 bucks for pads and gloves is a really good deal. according to his website, shipping a bat to Canada is approx 27 bucks. Thats cheaper then shipping it from the UK????:inti

Omair Bhai, $100 for test level pads and gloves including shipping is very good price. Plus the pads and gloves offer top level protection (I am assuming). You certainly got a good deal.

Rehan Bhai, sounds wired. But people say Royal Mail (in general) is expensive compare to others. Did you know that shipping for a pair of pads from UK is around £80?

Around Rs. 21,000

Thanks for that.

Saw it here at a store in Sydney. 2'8 weight. Beautiful bat. Only problem was the price. $750. :pissed:

Anyone had any equipment delivered from the CA online store? How'd it go?

Thanks for that.

Saw it here at a store in Sydney. 2'8 weight. Beautiful bat. Only problem was the price. $750. :pissed:

Anyone had any equipment delivered from the CA online store? How'd it go?

No worries!

I would rather buy Screaming Cat in that price rather than CA lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back