Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to look at Warsop or Redback....

excellent choices. i havent had any experience with redback, so i cant comment. but warsops are great. the one i had was sold to the opener on my team. he previously used a GM, but he absolutely loves that warsop. sounds really good too. get me one too if you go ;)

The problem will be finding a retailer that carries those brands....I don't think they sell their bats in open market and you have to go to their factory/private store.

I could be wrong though.

Back to topic guys, has anyone been to or ordered online from apollo sports in pakistan. The prices for the cricket gear seem very tempting...

Apollo looks good.

Can someone (CD?) provide a list of Pakistani websites selling cricketing gear here please.

excellent choices. i havent had any experience with redback, so i cant comment. but warsops are great. the one i had was sold to the opener on my team. he previously used a GM, but he absolutely loves that warsop. sounds really good too. get me one too if you go ;)

Yaar I love Redback over Warsop and once before buying Krakatoa I had almost bought RB but what withdrawed my decision was Grays prefferred payment. I have convinced him many times to start using paypal. But he only accepts bank transfer.

The problem will be finding a retailer that carries those brands....I don't think they sell their bats in open market and you have to go to their factory/private store.

I could be wrong though.

Just go to Warsop store in Essex as they will have loads of variety to choose from.

and what is better, buy directy to CA or MB factory or in a good cricket store? in term of prices ?
because i am going to pakistan this winter and i will buy a full kit.

Best bet would be to go Sailkot at visit factory yourself and choose the bat that feels best in your hands. So if you can go Sailkot then go there as there prices would be best in the market. If you cant go then they could perhaps ship stuff to you in Lahore.

hope it helps! Letme know if you hav anymore questions.

Back to topic guys, has anyone been to or ordered online from apollo sports in pakistan. The prices for the cricket gear seem very tempting...

Apollo looks good.

Can someone (CD?) provide a list of Pakistani websites selling cricketing gear here please.

Uhmm I don't know many Pakistani retainers to be honest :(. However, I know two and they are really good, one; Armie from batsandmore.col and Bhasarat from Sailkot Shop (google it and you'll find it). I have never seen or have been to Apollos website

Sorry I wasn't that helpful but if you tell me what exactly you are looking to buy then list it as I might be able to help you.

Last edited:
By the way, Omair and Rehan Bhai M&H doesn't interest you guys? They a have sale going on where you get a bat for £185 and since we are outside UK they can probably knock off VAT for us :).

nice bat majid bhai. thanks for the review. i will have a look at SF or SM for my next bat, as i have never tried these b4

Apollo Sports selling the CA Inzi 329 for the equivalent of about $80 (inclusive of shipping). I'm putting in an order tomorow, will let you know how it goes.

By the way, Omair and Rehan Bhai M&H doesn't interest you guys? They a have sale going on where you get a bat for £185 and since we are outside UK they can probably knock off VAT for us :).

they are nice for sure. i just dont think any of the profiles really suit me. i like the harlequin best, but that was originally designed by james laver. and the next bat will be from him i think.

but there softs look really good. and im sure the bats are high class.

they are nice for sure. i just dont think any of the profiles really suit me. i like the harlequin best, but that was originally designed by james laver. and the next bat will be from him i think.

but there softs look really good. and im sure the bats are high class.

Oh really? I neve knew James was involved in M&H. I always Julian was in it before leaving and making his own brand. Nevertheless, Harlequin seems to have really good profiles whereas I also like Distinction which use oversized clefts.

Personally have never been a fan of L&W hut as I see more I am getting tempted. I rate Screaming Cat very high and find them to be better than L&W.

Oh yeah I know you love Distinction pads and gloves. They are on sale as well. Remember when I last inquired about pads and gloves they came upto £180 including shipping to Canada. Today I did drop another email to M&H, Redback and Warsop.

gmrsbpadskit2.jpg
gmrsbpadskit3.jpg

gmrsbpadskit4.jpg
gmrsbpadskit5.jpg

Image020555.jpg

Few pictures of my GM rsb pads and SS super test LE gloves.

Last edited:
nice bat majid bhai. thanks for the review. i will have a look at SF or SM for my next bat, as i have never tried these b4
No worries bhai. Have you heard about these SM Limited Edition bats? I heard these are same quality bats given to SM sponsored players.
SMLEBATS2.jpg
SMLEBATS3.jpg

SMLEBATS4.jpg

Last edited:
wow. both the bats look good. monstro is huge. what would be the prices of these? and weights?

Apollo Sports selling the CA Inzi 329 for the equivalent of about $80 (inclusive of shipping). I'm putting in an order tomorow, will let you know how it goes.

The CA extra power is the equivelant of £67 and Plus 10000 is £84. My order is made.

wow. both the bats look good. monstro is huge. what would be the prices of these? and weights?
I think these bats are around 2.8/2.9 and I'm not sure about the prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh really? I neve knew James was involved in M&H. I always Julian was in it before leaving and making his own brand. Nevertheless, Harlequin seems to have really good profiles whereas I also like Distinction which use oversized clefts.

Personally have never been a fan of L&W hut as I see more I am getting tempted. I rate Screaming Cat very high and find them to be better than L&W.

Oh yeah I know you love Distinction pads and gloves. They are on sale as well. Remember when I last inquired about pads and gloves they came upto £180 including shipping to Canada. Today I did drop another email to M&H, Redback and Warsop.

http://www.laverwood.co.nz/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=393

see the link.

CoverDrive please forward me Armie's email; I wish to purchase a G200 to replace my Ihsan which ran its last race today at the nets and snapped in two :(

Thanks for your mail CD, for some reason the server is not letting me email you back.

Played around and had a few hits with a friend's Mongoose bat today (the MMi3 - custom made), it's just an extraordinary object. The ping off the bat is out of this world and it's just the best thing if you're looking to hit maximums from ball one, but I found it quite hard to defend/keep quiet the good-length deliveries that are harder to hit to the boundary. Massive edges too. I think it was around 2'8 or 2'9?

Overall, I would say it's pretty much worth the few hundreds of pounds you pay for the bat, but it's not really the bat you want to get if you're more of a nudger/pusher/strokemaker and like to play classical ground strokes more, but otherwise - go for it! I might get one myself for my birthday, who knows :D

Played around and had a few hits with a friend's Mongoose bat today (the MMi3 - custom made), it's just an extraordinary object. The ping off the bat is out of this world and it's just the best thing if you're looking to hit maximums from ball one, but I found it quite hard to defend/keep quiet the good-length deliveries that are harder to hit to the boundary. Massive edges too. I think it was around 2'8 or 2'9?

Overall, I would say it's pretty much worth the few hundreds of pounds you pay for the bat, but it's not really the bat you want to get if you're more of a nudger/pusher/strokemaker and like to play classical ground strokes more, but otherwise - go for it! I might get one myself for my birthday, who knows :D

Mongoose are really improving day by day and many players re interested in getting sponsored by them as well. Apart from MMi3 the CoR3 is pretty impressive as well.

Hopefully will try a MMi3 and will see how it goes.

Last edited:
Was just gonna say thanks for the advice Uzair bhai, will use it. :afridi

Uzair, what's the latest addition to your kit? And what are you planning to add next? I recently got myself new inner gloves.

Not much its just;

Custom Made MB Malik Bubber Sher Limited Edition Bat
MB Malik Bubber Sher Gloves
MB Malik Bubber Sher Pads
MB Malik 'Double Decker' bag
and MB Malik Thigh pad and elbow guard.

InshALLAH I am planning to get an English bat by December (if everything goes well) along a pair of gloves.

i personally felt the mongoose mmi to be bottom heavy in the pick up. not to my liking but yeah plenty of wood thru the entire length.

as for the shorter bats, have heard good things about the black cat joker but didnt have the chance to pick one up.

Not much its just;

Custom Made MB Malik Bubber Sher Limited Edition Bat
MB Malik Bubber Sher Gloves
MB Malik Bubber Sher Pads
MB Malik 'Double Decker' bag
and MB Malik Thigh pad and elbow guard.

InshALLAH I am planning to get an English bat by December (if everything goes well) along a pair of gloves.

should be a good time to buy as there will be lots of discounts during the off season on 2010 range. plus companies will be looking to push 2011 stuff

I got the pictures from www.onlinestockist.com facebook profile. I reckon the price will be around £160-170. I'll fone Ajit Bhai to ask about the price and more info on these bats.

thanks for the info. love the look of these bats and very attractive at that price. is it possible to get a discount if i go thru you?

In Pakistan you don't get discount on equipments towards the end of the season.

I agree Joker is a very good bat and brands who have made bats similar to Joker are no where near Joker. But again COR3 is very good bat for T20 as well

ihsan bukwas bat ... its 2.9 lol.. they don't make Boom Boom bats, I have seen Boom Boom bats they are about 2.7 and different shape but unfortunately Boom Boom bats are bloody expensive 225 pound available at globesports.net

100% is correct that present boom boom bats are made by Ihsan

I have (had) a Ihsan Inferno 350. Snapped from the handle/splice after minimal usage. I WANT WARRANTY!

i thought you said you were going to get an english bat. so i was referring to that.

havent seen or tried a COR3 as of yet but have heard its better than the mmi3

So, i recently purchased the ihsan inferno 950 cricket bat (yes, the same one that chris gayle uses).

LOL you wish!
Chris Gayle's bat are custom made by Laver n Wood NZ. John is a personal friend of Chris who has been a frequent visitor to L&W workshop. There are photographic proves that Chris is using an L&W (stickered up as Inferno)
But u love the bat, and that's ALL what matters. If the stickers make u happy, all good, if not, there shouldn't be any effect in the performance of the bat.

i thought you said you were going to get an english bat. so i was referring to that.

Oh my bad. My brain wasn't functioning properly at that time lol. In that sense you are right.

I haven't tried either but both looks great and wish to own each :).

LOL you wish!
Chris Gayle's bat are custom made by Laver n Wood NZ. John is a personal friend of Chris who has been a frequent visitor to L&W workshop. There are photographic proves that Chris is using an L&W (stickered up as Inferno)
But u love the bat, and that's ALL what matters. If the stickers make u happy, all good, if not, there shouldn't be any effect in the performance of the bat.

Pictures would be great if you can post them here or in this thread;

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?p=3015574&posted=1#post3015574

Gayle's bat is massive. I have heard its more than 3 lb and he till manages to hit with one hand.

CD - you liked the thruxton mate?

Ofcourse mate! MashALLAH it a really good bat. Honestly, I dont have words to explain how good the stick is. Everything is perfect, grains, profile etc. To me it seems to have best Newbery profile and is ALOT better than Krakatoa. By taking stickers off the edges and bat it look even better.

I hope you score tons of runs with it!

Here are the pictures of the bat

Attachments

• kooks294.jpg
    kooks294.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 429
  • kooks295.jpg
    kooks295.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 546
  • kooks296.jpg
    kooks296.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 521
  • kooks297.jpg
    kooks297.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 487
I have an ihsan one, mb malik, miandad, slazenger (the one collingwood uses) and two that i got custom made and i must say the one i found best by far was the slazenger one its really reasonable weight and really gets the ball going :)

I have an ihsan one, mb malik, miandad, slazenger (the one collingwood uses) and two that i got custom made and i must say the one i found best by far was the slazenger one its really reasonable weight and really gets the ball going :)

Are you a girl?

Again you can not have the one Collingwood use but you can have same model as him

How do you guys (if you do) clean the front of your bats (with the sleeve of course)

i dont clean the face at all. when we used to play with red balls - i used to like that look. however, i've heard guys clean it with just a little bit of nailpolish....though i wouldnt do it.

i dont clean the face at all. when we used to play with red balls - i used to like that look. however, i've heard guys clean it with just a little bit of nailpolish....though i wouldnt do it.

Played with my bat on the weekend and it started raining and now have dirt marks all on the face cause of the wet/dirty ball. :amin

Yes of course I don't want to wash the actual blade :inti

Majid Bhai, cleans his bat and he told me that he uses a chemical and nailpolish remover.

If marks don't disappear then simply use gasoline :))

Her name kind of gave it away didn't it? LoL

Not a big fan of Ihsan - not sure why....I like my CAs

It did but when she listed so many bats I had second thought.

I never liked Ihsan either but after holding few in my hand they were quite good although I wouldn't say better than CA.

LOL you wish!
Who's John?

Chris Gayle uses a horrible lump with 2" longer blade and weighs about 3lb 2!

Did you know that Cor3 is splice-less? If I am correct it is first T20 bat which is spiceless.

CA, AS, and MB to name few has copied MMi3 design but they can't get a splice less handle.

Goggy has already placed his order.

Are you planning to place one as well?

No, it seems a bit risky.:afridi

We have to wait and see Goggy's bats and how they are.

Their prices are actually realistic if you are living in Pakistan.....I am not sure where Goggy lives but if he is in Pak, then he should be ok.

I emailed them as well to inquire about sending uniforms to Canada and they do ship overseas.

Their methods of payment turned me off though - for us WU is the only option!

Yeah, I know prices are realistic and their website also looks professional enough. But you never know...

Goggy is in UK I believe.

I have been to Apollo Sports DHA branch and have seen their bats and they were genuine and authentic. So now I am somewhat convinced after seeing there website. Earlier I hadn't seen it.

What's their preferred payment option?

I know few guys who do can do uniforms in Pakistan. If you are interested then let me know.

Goggy is in UK I believe.

I have been to Apollo Sports DHA branch and have seen their bats and they were genuine and authentic. So now I am somewhat convinced after seeing there website. Earlier I hadn't seen it.

What's their preferred payment option?

I know few guys who do can do uniforms in Pakistan. If you are interested then let me know.

Please let me know...I am speaking to one guy right now in Sialkot but looking for reliable options.

do you mind emailing me the info ohussain@sympatico.ca?

Thanking you in advance!

My team also needs new kits for next season. Cover Drive, can you tell me about any professional kit suppliers in Pakistan? Someone that are not like Boom Boom:afridi

thanks for the info. love the look of these bats and very attractive at that price. is it possible to get a discount if i go thru you?
Mere thru kaise? am not the seller. Btw I'm about to buy a SS bat frm Ajit so I'll phone him in the morning and ask abt the SM bats your interested in. Also you can get in touch with him, his email is on his site.

[Edit by Mods: Stop advertising directly and indirectly. Thanks!]

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL you wish!
Do u have any proof that Gayle is using a L&W bat with Ihsan Stickers? Chis Gayle loves Pakistani bats and when he was sponsored by Reebok. He used CA bats with Rbk stickers, you can see pictures on cricinfo his bats had CA stamped on the sides. I also believe he uses Genuine Ihsan bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back