Removal of Sheikh Hasina from Bangladesh, takeaways and opportunities for Pakistan

Bangladesh is in jubilation as Sheikh Hasina gets removed from power. A Big SETBACK for India as they have lost a close ally in Sheikh Hasina who has also fled to India.

A great opportunity for Pakistan to reset its relations with Bangladesh in an amicable manner as the people of both countries already have great mutual respect for each other. Also there is an eye open lesson for non political forces in Pakistan who think the people can't bring about any change through protests. A moment of agony for PTI supporters too as they missed the great opportunity to let their demand meets after a great rallying of people post 9th May which could have fetched early elections for them and also head started a probe into regime change operation.

Also with the arrival of pro China governments all around India, there is a great opportunity for Pakistan to revive SAARC and raise issue like Kashmir, water management issues and other issues which could eventually bring peace in South Asia.
Pretty sure atleast an apology from official pakistan gov is required before amicable relationship - considering most Bangladeshi people remembers 1971. (unless the gov already did this which I am unware off).

All this bravado is more suited to whatsapp groups where the only cost is a monthly data pack.

In the real world India will increase surveillance on the border and pursue diplomacy to build a relationship with the new administration. War is expensive and doesn't always end on the invading country's terms. 1971 was a totally different scenario and time.

Agree.

I dare @cricketjoshila to make India invade Bangladesh. LOL. Talk is cheap.

At the end of the day, @cricketjoshila is a nobody who pretends to be the spokesperson for Indian government.

RSS inside job in Bangladesh :ROFLMAO:

We all know who bash idols into pieces. India has seen them for over a thousand years.

We’ve also seen mosques being destroyed in India…focus on the minorities in your country. Whatever happens in Bangladesh has nothing to do with India, it’s an internal matter.😉

For the record, Hindus are not being harmed by Bangladeshis right now. Bangladeshis are too busy celebrating Hasina's defeat. Also, army is in charge now.

BJP folks are spreading fake news. Ignore them.

If any innocent Hindu is harmed, I definitely condemn it without questions.

We’ve also seen mosques being destroyed in India…focus on the minorities in your country. Whatever happens in Bangladesh has nothing to do with India, it’s an internal matter.😉
How many Mosques vs How many Temples?

When Turks were in power, they razed everything that came in their way.

If Vandalizing Temples in Bangladesh is not a matter for Indian Hindus, why do Pakistanis and Bangladeshis cry about Babri Mosque in India?

For the record, Hindus are not being harmed by Bangladeshis right now. Bangladeshis are too busy celebrating Hasina's defeat. Also, army is in charge now.

Temples are burned down, we have video evidence of it and you are calling it BJP fake News :ROFLMAO:

The democratic way to oust the sitting PM would have been to vote her out in the recent election. Raiding her palace and forcing her to flee the country for her life isn't exactly the democratic way of doing things.

You are right about the industrious and hard working Bangladeshi people though. Hopefully, good sense will prevail in Bangladesh and its people will elect a leader who will heal their wounds and do justice.
Hasina never allowed proper elections. Ruling party goons would be at polling centers to assault opposition voters
Army and police assisted them in doing so
I was in Dhaka during the last election and it was a farce with voting being done at night by election station officers

Hasina never allowed proper elections. Ruling party goons would be at polling centers to assault opposition voters
Army and police assisted them in doing so
I was in Dhaka during the last election and it was a farce with voting being done at night by election station officers

Congratulations, brother.

We have done it. Both those who are in country and outside of country. We have all done our parts to bring down this evil regime.

I am kind of confused, wasn’t the whole protest against the reservation for freedom fighters grand kids?

How has it turned into Hindu-Muslim?

One Bangladeshi wannabe pakistani and rest pakistanis think they have somehow defeated India.

Saw similar celebrations from pakistanis when Taliban took power in Afghanistan.

Congrats to ISI and China. Now the court is wide open for them.

I just hope Islamists in Bangladesh does not take control. Something tells me that it will be the case. They will dance to Chinese and ISI tunes.

Basically a huge blow for India. They now have enemies on both sides of the border.

This is a CIA op. Nothing to do with China.

One Bangladeshi wannabe pakistani and rest pakistanis think they have somehow defeated India.

Saw similar celebrations from pakistanis when Taliban took power in Afghanistan.
oh yes, i remember the posters here that celebrated the Taliban taking power. All of them have been quiet since.

All this bravado is more suited to whatsapp groups where the only cost is a monthly data pack.

In the real world India will increase surveillance on the border and pursue diplomacy to build a relationship with the new administration. War is expensive and doesn't always end on the invading country's terms. 1971 was a totally different scenario and time.

You can keep giving your advise to Whatsapp groups. Indians will decide for themselves.

Cost of millions of refugees and their future descendants is far more costly than a short arm intervention.

No one here wants Bangladeshis flooding us.

This will be a Army led administration. Likely to ally with the West. So any refugee crisis may not occur.

LOL.

minorities of BD are safe. It is not like India where minorities are in worse conditions.

Big LOL at "making tough decisions easier for India". India can't even remove China from Ladakh. Focus on that first.

India is no match to China.

Dhaka is in China?

Which province of China its in?

But pakistanis are so interested in what happens in India.

Anyway, keep on crying, @cricketjoshila.

3 things you need to remember while you release your salty tears:

1) Hindus are not being harmed in Bangladesh right now. It is a propaganda. There are far bigger agendas now (like bringing Awami League leaders to justice and coming up with a good government). As a matter of fact, some Hindus also participated in the protest against Awami League.

2) India is unlikely to invade Bangladesh as they have bigger things to worry about.

3) You are not the spokesperson for Indian government. Please know your place.

Judging from the Indian reaction it does appear they have been defeated in some way. I was quite surprised by it.

Im not 100% on top of what has been going on but Indian commentators are acting like Delhi itself has fallen.

How many Mosques vs How many Temples?

When Turks were in power, they razed everything that came in their way.

If Vandalizing Temples in Bangladesh is not a matter for Indian Hindus, why do Pakistanis and Bangladeshis cry about Babri Mosque in India?

Idk, do you have the numbers?

All the temples in Bangladesh were built over mosques.

You wanted Jaziya and you will condemn atrocities on Hindus.

No-one is getting fooled here.

Judging from the Indian reaction it does appear they have been defeated in some way. I was quite surprised by it.

Im not 100% on top of what has been going on but Indian commentators are acting like Delhi itself has fallen.

My only concern is that Bangladeshi refugees should not be in India.

What Indian commentators? There will be some trying to target Modi on this.

You can keep giving your advise to Whatsapp groups. Indians will decide for themselves.

Cost of millions of refugees and their future descendants is far more costly than a short arm intervention.

No one here wants Bangladeshis flooding us.

This will be a Army led administration. Likely to ally with the West. So any refugee crisis may not occur.
Lol and you can give orders to the army chief while you are taking a break from heading the BCCI and ICC.

No intervention will happen in the real world. India will take action on India side by sealing the border.

The only tool India will use is diplomacy as we should. It's idiotic to start a war unless it's absolutely inevitable

Anyway, keep on crying, @cricketjoshila.

3 things you need to remember while you release your salty tears:

1) Hindus are not being harmed in Bangladesh right now. It is a propaganda. There are far bigger agendas now (like bringing Awami League leaders to justice and coming up with a good government). As a matter of fact, some Hindus also participated in the protest against Awami League.

2) India is unlikely to invade Bangladesh as they have bigger things to worry about.

3) You are not the spokesperson for Indian government. Please know your place.

1) Don't care. As long as you guys don't try entering my country.

2) India will do whatever it needs to do. We will not let Bangladeshis enter.

3) You are a Bangladeshi know your place. Stop telling Indians what they can do. The very existence of Bangladesh is because of us.

It's mostly online. In geopolitics it's inevitable that you will lose some allies to government change. Of course it was very sudden in this case which probably caught New Delhi by surprise.

But it happened in Sri Lanka too and then that regime got toppled too. The new government also has to do business in the region. They will likely not be rabidly anti India but might not favour them in all situations especially marginal ones

Lol and you can give orders to the army chief while you are taking a break from heading the BCCI and ICC.

No intervention will happen in the real world. India will take action on India side by sealing the border.

The only tool India will use is diplomacy as we should. It's idiotic to start a war unless it's absolutely inevitable

Why are you so hurt?

India will do anything that's in its interest. Anything is and everything will be on table.

It's mostly online. In geopolitics it's inevitable that you will lose some allies to government change. Of course it was very sudden in this case which probably caught New Delhi by surprise.

But it happened in Sri Lanka too and then that regime got toppled too. The new government also has to do business in the region. They will likely not be rabidly anti India but might not favour them in all situations especially marginal ones

My only concern is that Bangladeshi refugees should not be in India.

What Indian commentators? There will be some trying to target Modi on this.
I have been following on India. Media since news broke out.

Even this angle of refugees seems cooked up. There is no indication that there are refugees heading your way or that there is further bloodshed.

Things actually seem remarkably stable ( of course there is some incidents and skirmishes hopefully they can be contained).

Honestly from my own assessment of it it seems India is completely irrelevant and there is no need for half of the criticism or fear of what is happening in Bangladesh.

The only conclusion I can draw is that it is a foreign policy own goal and the Indian establishment is smarting.

Even this angle of refugees seems cooked up. There is no indication that there are refugees heading your way or that there is further bloodshed.

Things actually seem remarkably stable ( of course there is some incidents and skirmishes hopefully they can be contained).

Honestly from my own assessment of it it seems India is completely irrelevant and there is no need for half of the criticism or fear of what is happening in Bangladesh.

The only conclusion I can draw is that it is a foreign policy own goal and the Indian establishment is smarting.

As i said, the only concern here is refugee crisis.

Rest BD has little military economic ability to do much. Its geography doesn't allow it much strategic freedom.

The regime has just changed.

Indians calling Pakistanis conspiracy theorists are now blaming CIA for the ousting of Sri Hasina

As i said, the only concern here is refugee crisis.

Rest BD has little military economic ability to do much. Its geography doesn't allow it much strategic freedom.

The regime has just changed.
So far only one refugee has entered India as a result of today's action.

That was Sheikh Hasina.

Anything else is just speculation.

Things are calm and stable now in Bangladesh. Peace has returned.

Military of Bangladesh is in charge now.

BJP folks are trying to find troubles when there are none. They are trying to make it a Hindu vs Muslim issue.

Indians calling Pakistanis conspiracy theorists are now blaming CIA for the ousting of Sri Hasina
It’s clear many of the Indians on the forum are, or are very close to becoming WhatsApp uncles. You know that state of psychosis where they think any move they personally make can change the fortunes of the world.

Was Sheikh Hasina propped up by BJP as some Bangladeshis feel to be the case?

Really sad for BD, the FDI and economic indicators will take a nosedive and what if the boots got glued to power, their journey in reverse gear will start.

As for Pakistan this got the knickers twisted of envelope journos who were harping on BD model here.

For India now they got two neighbours reeling due to political instability

So far only one refugee has entered India as a result of today's action.

That was Sheikh Hasina.

Anything else is just speculation.

It's not speculation. In past also this has happened.

We have refugees from BD Myanmar Pakistan Tibet Srilanka Afghanistan. We don't want anymore.

May be a non Hasina government will mean we can push back illegal immigrants and not hurt an ally.

Things are calm and stable now in Bangladesh. Peace has returned.

BJP folks are trying to find troubles when there are none. They are trying to make it a Hindu vs Muslim issue.

I guess they are mad their little agent (Hasina) has been dethroned. She was a big asset for them.
Even one temple being destroyed is too much.

Hopefully this won't spiral into Hindu Muslim and everyone can contribute to making Bangladesh recover.

Things are calm and stable in Bangladesh.

I guess they are mad their little agent (Hasina) has been dethroned. She was a big asset for them.
They are posting videos of a fire burning but there isn’t a person in sight. No videos of “Muslim mobs” killing Hindus or burning temples exist. Fake accounts using stock photos and then saying Islamists are out to get Hindus etc etc. All the while the majority want nothing to do with these so called oppressed Hindus if they ever chose to flee to India. Will we see Indians volunteer to fight in Bangladesh like they do for Israel?

It’s clear many of the Indians on the forum are, or are very close to becoming WhatsApp uncles. You know that state of psychosis where they think any move they personally make can change the fortunes of the world.

That's a phenomenon that affects pakistanis.

They think they are the strategic focal point of the world.

Really sad for BD, the FDI and economic indicators will take a nosedive and what if the boots got glued to power, their journey in reverse gear will start.

As for Pakistan this got the knickers twisted of envelope journos who were harping on BD model here.

For India now they got two neighbours reeling due to political instability

No, brother. Have to disagree.

BD have just ended a 15 years long dictatorship. It was much needed. They have killed thousands of innocent people.

The economic growths were deceptive. BD's economy has been going downhill for the past 3-4 years.

Now that the dictator is gone, time to let people decide how they want things to be done.

Takeaways for Pakistan, Khalida Zia released from prison

Great news.

How Modi intertwined with pakistan?

How is Indian cricket?

How is Hindutva?

How is anything inside India intertwined with pakistan?
I’m afraid the irony of being a member of PakPassion for nearly 15 years, over 45,000 posts over that time period, interacting with Pakistanis on a daily basis, seeing comments from a Pak standpoint on Indian affairs and Indian cricket, being in this very thread debating the Indian view on the Bangladesh crisis etc etc. is lost on you. You are a contributing member of this forum which is great, but it’s also part of your daily life. Good or bad, that’s reality.

in which case then Indians think they aren’t the strategic focal point of the world?

To be a strategic focal point a country needs to be a big military power, a big economy, a strategic location, and diplomatic prowess.

Like other great powers in now and in the past India has all of them.

I’m afraid the irony of being a member of PakPassion for nearly 15 years, over 45,000 posts over that time period, interacting with Pakistanis on a daily basis, seeing comments from a Pak standpoint on Indian affairs and Indian cricket, being in this very thread debating the Indian view on the Bangladesh crisis etc etc. is lost on you. You are a contributing member of this forum which is great, but it’s also part of your daily life. Good or bad, that’s reality.

Indian View. Thats it. That's all.

To be a strategic focal point a country needs to be a big military power, a big economy, a strategic location, and diplomatic prowess.

Like other great powers in now and in the past India has all of them.
Indian news outlets are claiming the ISI toppled the Bangladeshi government.

Indian news outlets are claiming the ISI toppled the Bangladeshi government.
I think they must have had a hand.

Whether the Chinese were involved with them or the Americans is debatable.

So far India has been pushed out of Afghanistan, Maldives and Bangladesh. But Sri Lanka is in their camp ( I could be wrong here)

Seems like a big game is afoot in the region

Was Sheikh Hasina propped up by BJP as some Bangladeshis feel to be the case?
She's an astute politician and her party has a very established machinery .

She wasn't propped up by India, but she definitely favoured new Delhi over Beijing, so an ally more than a subordinate

So far India has been pushed out of Afghanistan, Maldives and Bangladesh. But Sri Lanka is in their camp ( I could be wrong here)

No they are not. Most are saying its a CIA coup.

US wants the St.Martin island.

She's an astute politician and her party has a very established machinery .

She wasn't propped up by India, but she definitely favoured new Delhi over Beijing, so an ally more than a subordinate

She was both an ally and a subordinate of India.

She is not astute politician. If she was, she wouldn't been ousted like this. She was forced to flee like a coward.

Her party is no longer popular. Most Bangladeshi people don't like her or her party (as demonstrated in recent protests).

Last edited by a moderator:
She was both an ally and a subordinate of India.

She is not astute politician. If she was, she wouldn't been ousted like this. She was forced to flee like a dog.

Her party is no longer popular. Most Bangladeshi people don't like her or her party (as demonstrated in recent protests).
Political careers rarely have stable endings. It's usually either defeat or overthrow.

Doesn't take away from the fact that she's ruled since forever

But Sheikh Hasina is Bangladesh's past. Now the challenge is to form the next government and not descend into anarchy. That's the hard part, to prevent people from clamouring for the good old days

Afghanistan? Really? You need to rethink.

Maldives ossicilates between pro India and pro China parties.

Afghanistan? Really? You need to rethink.

Maldives ossicilates between pro India and pro China parties.
Maldives may oscillate but it's significant that two countries( Maldives and Bangladesh) in the region openly have called out Indian interference.

In the case of the Maldives I found it strange because the Indian presence was minimal but the fact that they did it shows something is going on.

What do you mean about Afghanistan? India does not recognise the Taliban regime at all.

Healthy Ummah? where :ROFLMAO:

Afghans don't like Pakistan.
Bangla don't care Pakistan.
Saudi vs Iran
Saudi vs Yemen
Kuwait vs Iran
Turkey vs Siriya
Iran vs Turkey
Iraq vs other ME countries

Basically, all Muslim countries have issues within themselves; they can't live together peacefully. Try to name two Muslim countries out of 57 that run democratically without any issues? I bet you can't.

Ask Saudi and the UAE to follow the principles of a healthy Ummah you are talking about and accommodate their neighboring Palestinian Arabs and poor African Muslim refugees... lol.
Malaysia and Indonesia are just two examples.

Forget 57 Muslim countries, Hindus cannot even live in 1 country in unity. Might explain why Hinduism ended up contained after 5000 years.

Is anyone who is not pro-India an Islamist to you? Is having good relations with Muslim states and keeping a healthy Ummah irritating for you? I understand you are an Islamophobe.
PLEASE STOP THIS HEALTHY UMMAH NONSENSE!

I'm sick of Pakistanis being used as scapegoats and cannon fodder to uphold some fake ummah and then they desert us at our time of need. We don't want to fight anyone else's battles, go fight your own. Pakistan for Pakistanis first!

Just because we have nukes and over-invested in military (at the expense of our own citizens' welfare mind you) due to a hostile neighbor in the East does not mean every other Islamic nation that has trouble will cloak themselves under some Ummah guise to make us fight their battles. Pakistan's resources are meager, please let Pakistan focus on it's own well being because nobody else cares about Pakistan. You go fight your own battles instead of trying to join our bandwagon.

I'm sick of Pakistanis being used as scapegoats and cannon fodder to uphold some fake ummah and then they desert us at our time of need. We don't want to fight anyone else's battles, go fight your own. Pakistan for Pakistanis first!

Just because we have nukes and over-invested in military (at the expense of our own citizens' welfare mind you) due to a hostile neighbor in the East does not mean every other Islamic nation that has trouble will cloak themselves under some Ummah guise to make us fight their battles. Pakistan's resources are meager, please let Pakistan focus on it's own well being because nobody else cares about Pakistan. You go fight your own battles instead of trying to join our bandwagon.

We didn't ask anyone to fight on our behalf. We did it ourselves. We wanted Hasina gone and she is gone.

I support ummah because my scripture says so. You don't get to decide anything.

I follow what Quran and Sunnah says.

You Pakistanis should free Imran Khan like we freed Bangladesh from Sheikh Hasina. Surprised you allowed Imran to go to jail.

BTW, I don't remember if Bangladesh ever asked for help from Pakistan since 1971 (probably because relation wasn't good). Bangladesh generally ask for help from China, Russia, Japan, IMF, America, and gulf states.

Anyway, I love all Muslim-majority states (including Pakistan) and I wish them all the very best.

What has India got to do with it? The usual suspects drag India into everything, weird obsession with India.

Sure we are neighbours but Bangladesh problems are their own.

We shouldn’t be taking any more illegal immigrants (irrespective of religion) from their side and should actually be sending back the crores we already have back to Bangladesh.

We didn't ask anyone to fight on our behalf. We did it ourselves. We wanted Hasina gone and she is gone.

I support ummah because my scripture says so. You don't get to decide anything.

I follow what Quran and Sunnah says.
We all have the right to have opinions and I have the right to call out opinions that adversely affect the country that I care about (Pakistan, duh!). If I am dragging BD into Pakistan's struggle under the guise of Ummah or brotherhood or something else then you absolutely have the right to call me out on that in the interest of the country you care about (BD).

Step 1: Waving our holy text and words in an unfair way is how the international "powers to be" have time and again influenced the politicians and the masses of Pakistan. The very same Saudi Arabs and their arms length government elements waved these lofty ideals at gullible Pakistan youth to send more human bodies or radicalization for whatever proxy struggles they had.

Step 2: This resulted in many decades and generations of lost Pakistani youth who were led away from knowledge and progress. They became radicalized or drug addicts or worse, dead. This not only destroyed current progress of Pakistan but has also severely hampered any hopes of progress for the future generation. Even if Pakistan resets everything and has solid education, economic, and employment policies, it will take 20 years for that to take effect when it results in an educated generation that can work and create productive economy. This is how bad an effect the holy text waving Saudi Arabs and other "Ummah brothers" have inflicted on Pakistan. The people of Pakistan have become so deprived of knowledge that many do not even realize what has been stolen from them.

Step 3: After doing all of this, what are those "Ummah blood brothers" of Saudi doing now?? They are attempting to normalize ties with Israel!! They almost did this if not for the Hamas attacks last year. This was a huge dagger in our backs.

Oh I know, your only response will be yet another idealistic reference on how we should all stick together. This is mere book knowledge and not real world typed by keyboard warriors living in some first world safe haven (Canada) while trying to shove ideals with no realizations how adversely it has affected Pakistan.

Seriously man, stop trying to tag Pakistan along in whatever way (ideals, materials, military, social, political ....) and just go fight your own country's struggle.

Pakistan for Pakistanis first!

We all have the right to have opinions and I have the right to call out opinions that adversely affect the country that I care about (Pakistan, duh!). If I am dragging BD into Pakistan's struggle under the guise of Ummah or brotherhood or something else then you absolutely have the right to call me out on that in the interest of the country you care about (BD).

Step 1: Waving our holy text and words in an unfair way is how the international "powers to be" have time and again influenced the politicians and the masses of Pakistan. The very same Saudi Arabs and their arms length government elements waved these lofty ideals at gullible Pakistan youth to send more human bodies or radicalization for whatever proxy struggles they had.

Step 2: This resulted in many decades and generations of lost Pakistani youth who were led away from knowledge and progress. They became radicalized or drug addicts or worse, dead. This not only destroyed current progress of Pakistan but has also severely hampered any hopes of progress for the future generation. Even if Pakistan resets everything and has solid education, economic, and employment policies, it will take 20 years for that to take effect when it results in an educated generation that can work and create productive economy. This is how bad an effect the holy text waving Saudi Arabs and other "Ummah brothers" have inflicted on Pakistan. The people of Pakistan have become so deprived of knowledge that many do not even realize what has been stolen from them.

Step 3: After doing all of this, what are those "Ummah blood brothers" of Saudi doing now?? They are attempting to normalize ties with Israel!! They almost did this if not for the Hamas attacks last year. This was a huge dagger in our backs.

Oh I know, your only response will be yet another idealistic reference on how we should all stick together. This is mere book knowledge and not real world typed by keyboard warriors living in some first world safe haven (Canada) while trying to shove ideals with no realizations how adversely it has affected Pakistan.

Seriously man, stop trying to tag Pakistan along in whatever way (ideals, materials, military, social, political ....) and just go fight your own country's struggle.

Pakistan for Pakistanis first!

Who is dragging Pakistan to anything? Did Bangladesh ask for Pakistan's help in freeing Bangladesh from Hasina? I am not understanding your point. We Bangladeshis freed Bangladesh from Hasina without any outside help. Good old people power did it.

Are you saying I shouldn't be pro-Ummah? That's not going to happen because Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said Muslims are all brothers. I follow Quran and Sunnah. I am not here to impress you or anyone else.

Nobody is asking Pakistan to do anything. Don't worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
No country cares about any other country due to the good in their heart. Geopolitics operates in an amoral space. There are long standing relationships, but no permanent allies or enemies. And its absolutely right for countries to put their long term self interest first.

Ummah can work as a faith based concept for solidarity and brotherhood among the masses, but there are no political alliances based on faith alone.

No country cares about any other country due to the good in their heart. Geopolitics operates in an amoral space. There are long standing relationships, but no permanent allies or enemies. And its absolutely right for countries to put their long term self interest first.

Ummah can work as a faith based concept for solidarity and brotherhood among the masses, but there are no political alliances based on faith alone.

You are probably right.

Anyway, I only speak for myself. I am not a spokesperson for BD government.

As a practicing Muslim, I am very pro-Ummah. I care about Muslims worldwide (including Pakistani Muslims).

Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection."

Back