SA vs Pak, 5th ODI , The Wanderers Stadium - All to play for !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inzi should definately reitre after WC. He has already over stayed in the team. In the history of Pak Cricket probably Imran is the only one who retired with grace at his peak !!!

Why do I get a feeling that WC 2007 will be eerling similar to WC 2003 if we dont have a fully fit Asif, Akhtar and Gul to bail out our batting!

lutonbadboy said:
Why do I get a feeling that WC 2007 will be eerling similar to WC 2003 if we dont have a fully fit Asif, Akhtar and Gul to bail out our batting!

And a mass exodus from the team !!!!

Similarities are astonishing.....before WC 2003 we awesome as a one day team before, after THAT test series vs Australia, we went tumbling downhill

<< Rashid >> said:
Similarities are astonishing.....before WC 2003 we awesome as a one day team before, after THAT test series vs Australia, we went tumbling downhill

So who will be out of the team after WC. Inzi and Akhtar definately. Maybe Razzak and Akmal. Who else ???

Maybe a thrashing is what Pak need.....to motivate them again and play with integrity and fight in the WC.

It does say something about our depth in batting and bowling that with the injuries we have had we cant put up a decent team together.

good score well played malik now watch asif rip through them
7-14 not rubbish 5fer like pollock

5 for polly and 5 for boucher....
shame no 50 for malik but I would say he exposed asif needlessly at that point.

What rubbish.........the warm up games for the WC now should be a mouthwatering contest.... Pakistan vs Canada.....

Noddy said:
5 for polly and 5 for boucher....
shame no 50 for malik but I would say he exposed asif needlessly at that point.

no disrespects noddy but had malik come i dont know at one down , he could well have made his 50, u never know thats a given but the likelihood of a malik 50 is more then a yonus khan 20 in the one day platform. and in the process could have given inzi enough cover against the new ball for inzi to even make a yazoo milk of this match.

154 to win, Game will be over after 20-25 over max.

8 wicket win for S.A i predict!

The lights are out

It's obvious from this pathetic inning by some of the clowns pretending to be Pakistani cricket players that the lights are fading and going out fast for any hope of a resurgence by this motley group either in this game or the World Cup.

Bob Woolmer is for sure resigning after the World Cup, as he can no longer put up with Inzi's stubborness on who to play or not.

Inzi's demand that they stick with Kamran Akmal and Rana Naveed, two pathetic performers during the ODI series and his choice of Mushtaq as a bowling coach on pitches where pace has done most of the damage tells me that Woolmer has just had it and is on his way out. I guess he figures it's best to leave this team to sort out their own problems and politics, which histroically hasn't been the case.

Other than Mohammed Yousuf, Mohammed Asif and Shoaib Malik, all central contracts must be reviewed and clowns must be stripped of their uniforms. What a shameful effort today!

Pretty ordinary stuff. It's one thing to compete hard and lose, but if you're getting bowled out by the 40th over - and are consistently not completing your quota of overs (46 overs in the 1st match, 45 in the 4th and now 40 in this one) - there's definitely something wrong. I notice the batting order keeps changing - now Akmal is at No4 and MoYo at No5, Inzamam at 6??

With your openers you'll have to do the best you can, but your middle order should be (assuming they are in form) MoYo at 3, YoKh at 4 and Inzy at 5.

Unless Woolmer and Inzamam are treating this series as experimentation for the WC (bit like OZ during the CB series) and trying to see how different players play in different positions, there seems to have been a lot of players used. The "core" of the batting shouldn't really change when you're experimenting - experiment with the openers, but keep the core of the middle order (3 MoYo, 4 YoKh, 5 Inzamam, 6 Malik) the same, in the same positions.

Last edited:
What is wrong with you guys?

Pakistan have a bad series after beating West Indies very comfortably and we go mad and start to talk about dropping our players..

Give them time. They will preform. Get it right Woolmer and they will preform. Our line-up is weak at the moment. We cannot always rely on Inzi, or Yousuf to come and score a century to save us. Promote Malik up. Send Yousuf and Inzi in earlier. Review the games and become better.

Forget hope

First Pakistan if it werent for MoYo didn't fare so well againt the WI. And on their own turf, barely scraping through a team ranked among the last of cricket playing nations that is no achievement.

Once outside their turf, they look like novices out on the cricket field for the first time, and not willing to learn or correct the errors in either their batting or bowling.

This team may perform OK in Pakistani on dead wickets, but elsewhere they are shoddy and opponents are quick to notice their technical weaknesses. Just look to how many Pak batsmen fell to hook shots that were pre-planned by the SA bowlers.

Pak_cricketer said:
What is wrong with you guys?

Pakistan have a bad series after beating West Indies very comfortably and we go mad and start to talk about dropping our players..

Give them time. They will preform. Get it right Woolmer and they will preform. Our line-up is weak at the moment. We cannot always rely on Inzi, or Yousuf to come and score a century to save us. Promote Malik up. Send Yousuf and Inzi in earlier. Review the games and become better.

It's not one bad series.. We almost lost in Eng and lost badly to India.

Pakistan are pathetic, pure and simple. This is not the performance of a national team. They make the pros at my club look like superstars...

The really sad thing for me is that i have reached the point where i dont even care if Pakistan win or lose...and thats really sad.

Azam6380 said:
The really sad thing for me is that i have reached the point where i dont even care if Pakistan win or lose...and thats really sad.
Too much Passion - not enough Pak in that staement...

the true passionist said:
It's not one bad series.. We almost lost in Eng and lost badly to India.

Put the England series down as a loss....With our team we should have hammered them. It was a moral victory to England. WI win doesnt count- they are not a world class team and they were in Pak.

I just got up. How is the pitch playing? I thought it wasd suppose to be a flat track?

Has anybody of you taken into account the fact that we are facing South Africa, one of the best teams at home soil? They beat Australia 3-2 the last time a series happened between the two. Yes we were expected to perform better than this, but the bowling attack of South Africa and the fielding has been breath-taking to say the least and I doubt most teams would have fared better than Pakistan

UsmanCHADDA said:
Has anybody of you taken into account the fact that we are facing South Africa, one of the best teams at home soil? They beat Australia 3-2 the last time a series happened between the two. Yes we were expected to perform better than this, but the bowling attack of South Africa and the fielding has been breath-taking to say the least and I doubt most teams would have fared better than Pakistan

Yes, and we are supposed to be one of the best teams in the world. They may have beaten Australia but do you think Australia put embarrasing scores like 107 and 151 on the board?

No....

Azam6380 said:
Yes, and we are supposed to be one of the best teams in the world. They may have beaten Australia but do you think Australia put embarrasing scores like 107 and 151 on the board?

No....

Australia got bowled for 93 in the 2nd ODI :10:

The people that say " Wait give it time they we perform...we got THE Bob Woolmer" should realise that its been 3 years with that 'great hope'. Lets face it, it aint gonna happen.

And these words will not come back and bite me.......they just don't have the consistency.

Just look at the stats

If you have any doubts on how well some of these clowns have been performing, better take a look at the stats for the series:

Name Mat I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St

Mohammad Yousuf 4 4 1 240 101* 80.00 91.25 1 1 - -
Shoaib Malik 4 3 1 112 52* 56.00 65.49 - 1 1 -
Shahid Afridi 3 3 1 102 77* 51.00 192.45 - 1 - -
Mohammad Sami 1 1 0 46 46 46.00 71.87 - - - -
Younis Khan 4 4 0 136 93 34.00 71.95 - 1 3 -
Azhar Mahmood 3 2 1 27 26* 27.00 84.37 - - - -
Inzamam-ul-Haq 4 4 1 74 45* 24.66 51.38 - - 1 -
Imran Nazir 3 3 0 70 57 23.33 112.90 - 1 - -
Mohammad Hafeez 1 1 0 21 21 21.00 123.52 - - - -
Abdul Razzaq 4 3 0 34 27 11.33 73.91 - - 1 -
Naved-ul-Hasan 4 3 1 18 15* 9.00 81.81 - - 1 -
Kamran Akmal 4 4 0 22 13 5.50 40.00 - - 4 2
Mohammad Asif 4 2 0 2 2 1.00 10.00 - - - -
Abdur Rehman 1 1 0 0 0 0.00 0.00 - - - -

Asif strikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smith gone!!!

Come on Pakistan! Pull off a miracle here!

Graeme Smith - what a cheek. he hit the cover off the ball and stood there like nothing had happened.

Hope he gets run over by an impala....

asif is the only shining light. i think light even shines out of his back side :))) comonnnnnnnnnnnnn

Azam6380 said:
Graeme Smith - what a cheek. he hit the cover off the ball and stood there like nothing had happened.

Hope he gets run over by an impala....

:))

ZM said:
CMMMOOOOOOOOOON
WHAT DID I SAY
asif does the business

u said pakistan will definitely win the other day. at the half way stage it aint looking good but hopefully comonnnnnnnn

Lots of movement in the pitch. Is there new hope, or is it just Asif's brilliance.

i think razzaq should open the bowling with asif. he is the type of bowler that relys on some assitance of the pitch and he can be dangerous in these types of conditions early on rather than later where the ball does not swing as much. offers better control than rana also.

6/1..

RSA to score the remaining 148 runs in Rana's first over.

Ok, that was not a bad shot by De Villiers. I still think he is horrible to watch though.

kashif77 said:
6/1..

well well ... what happened to Rana ??

plz don't tell me our new play is to make him first change ?

swing is the only weapon he has .. if he's playing he should take the new ball.

kashif77 said:
6/1..

What humor, what delivery,.... what is it doing here? :))) :))) :)))

If only Asif can nip one into Devillers. He scores at a rapid pace; the longer he stays, the faster their target approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back