SA vs Pak, 5th ODI , The Wanderers Stadium - All to play for !

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to go somewhere in 1 hour
hopefully when i come back the score will be over 300 with both razzaq and malik hitting 100's

Razzaq should just slog now. If he defends he'll get out anyway.

Everytime I watch, Pakistan lose! I never get to enjoy a good game by Pakistan! UGH!

this is funny. read what cricinfo has to say:

Langeveldt to Kamran Akmal, OUT, Prince takes a blinder, Akmal pulls a short ball from Langeveldt very hard but in the air, Prince dives to his right and takes a sharp catch, that was sshit with a lot of power

:))) :)))

sums up pak's performance today

Guys any tips on reducing your passion for cricket?
Pakistan are trying their best but it isn't really working for me. :(
I am spending too much time on this bunch of losers.

gambino said:
i have to go somewhere in 1 hour
hopefully when i come back the score will be over 300 with both razzaq and malik hitting 100's

hey i like ur spirit you have there

"Did anyone notice....All 5 wickets of Pollock has come in 5 different ways or types of wicket taking - bowled, lbw, wicketkeeper Cctch, caught and bolwed and a catch by a afielder (Kallis)...a noticable milestone by the great bowler..."

this is funny. read what cricinfo has to say:

Langeveldt to Kamran Akmal, OUT, Prince takes a blinder, Akmal pulls a short ball from Langeveldt very hard but in the air, Prince dives to his right and takes a sharp catch, that was sshit with a lot of power

:))) :)))

sums up pak's performance today

the true passionist said:
Guys any tips on reducing your passion for cricket?
Pakistan are trying their best but it isn't really working for me. :(

wow the true passionist losing hope then we have no hope :) :27:

the true passionist said:
Support the Aussies if its winners you want...

gee wiz this is too easy for SAF they will just keep going and will wana end the game very quickly now

The problem i see with our team is that very low self esteem ,most of our players go into defensive mode ,rather then playing their natural game.

Last edited by a moderator:
There he goes again. Proctor is going to get punched in the face if he doesn't stop it.

If we manage 220 from here, it would be a great achievement. Still a loong way to go though.....

Hmmm these two looking good. Anything here? Can we defend anything like 200?

pakistan going to get 300 no worries and asif to rip through the saffies

I hope pakistan get some runs...it's boring winning too easily all the time...

Well MK,

First of all, I would not have batted on this wicket IF I had won the toss.

We are coming to fight back to draw a series and whilst history here is against us, I would have backed my bowlers to restrict as best as possible....Not easy but a real challenge for the bowlers. The SA's have been very aggressive against our bowling, we won and batted first at Durban, but the conditions were very friendly to bat under....and yet still they were going at close on 6 per over if memory serves me well////

Regardless of what you say, I have said many times, that we were seemingly starting to have a decent pair of openers in Elahi and Taufeeq in 03/04, (go back and check your facts before your verbal diatribe). Then all of a sudden, whoosh ended that pair and so on. Even when I was at the Academy in 03/04, we were preparing the next set to replace any mishaps, such as Salman Butt, Yasir H, Faisal Ather and so on////

Imran Farhat was on the frings and his father in law was very vocal...I cud go much deeper, but then that would go against the grain with me.

It seems that they were not liked, or given a major run for their money and that partnership was dissolved so much that Saleem doesnt play cricket now or has done since more or less.

So you have some semblance of a reason or solution.

If I was or had a hand in selection then I wouldnt be having this chat wiht you....Imran N is not the solution either...

Whoever comes in needs to be confident and have thick skin, as you dont perform you are history....The working of the Pak Team, and my experience are not for public domain and what happens in the dressing room, stays there for me.

I dont have to explain anymore to you....whether you have a better average than me or not. The fact is and always will be, I have played the game at the top, you have not....

At least Pakistan have learnt their lesson from Cape Town, attacking their way out of trouble rather than blocking out.

asif looks hopeless when they attack him ....he bowls a lovely length to hit in one dayers...

Langeveldt is the weak link in this attack and they should continue to attack him

I think its vital for Asifs development that he works out how to bowl with an older ball in ODI cricket and what lines to bowl///

Noddy said:
I think its vital for Asifs development that he works out how to bowl with an older ball in ODI cricket and what lines to bowl///

However with the current bowling line up, we'll take Asif even if he can't bowl at the death.

a few good shots and everyone will be saying "we'll make 450!!"

a wicket and you will all be saying "I knew it !!..we'll be all out for 110!!"

funny bunch .

Noddy said:
Well MK,

First of all, I would not have batted on this wicket IF I had won the toss.

We are coming to fight back to draw a series and whilst history here is against us, I would have backed my bowlers to restrict as best as possible....Not easy but a real challenge for the bowlers. The SA's have been very aggressive against our bowling, we won and batted first at Durban, but the conditions were very friendly to bat under....and yet still they were going at close on 6 per over if memory serves me well////

Regardless of what you say, I have said many times, that we were seemingly starting to have a decent pair of openers in Elahi and Taufeeq in 03/04, (go back and check your facts before your verbal diatribe). Then all of a sudden, whoosh ended that pair and so on. Even when I was at the Academy in 03/04, we were preparing the next set to replace any mishaps, such as Salman Butt, Yasir H, Faisal Ather and so on////

Imran Farhat was on the frings and his father in law was very vocal...I cud go much deeper, but then that would go against the grain with me.

It seems that they were not liked, or given a major run for their money and that partnership was dissolved so much that Saleem doesnt play cricket now or has done since more or less.

So you have some semblance of a reason or solution.

If I was or had a hand in selection then I wouldnt be having this chat wiht you....Imran N is not the solution either...

Whoever comes in needs to be confident and have thick skin, as you dont perform you are history....The working of the Pak Team, and my experience are not for public domain and what happens in the dressing room, stays there for me.

I dont have to explain anymore to you....whether you have a better average than me or not. The fact is and always will be, I have played the game at the top, you have not....

.....Rrrriggght ..... Saleem Elahi.Erhhhmm. :31:

If anyone is watching the game live, is this a 300 pitch?

Yes, Usman, so would I///

But one day he will beocme the spearhead for good/long time to come. Surely, it would help him develop and mould into the 'finished' article or a better bowler...

Muyazzim Khan said:
.....Rrrriggght ..... Saleem Elahi.Erhhhmm. :31:

I agree with Muyazzim here. If Elahi was supposed to be the solution, then I'm happy Nazir is picked for the World Cup.

On a plus side we will be making more runs today then we made the other day...are we on the attack today !!!!!!

man if afridi was playing we wouldve got 350+
i guess we'll have to settle for minimum of 270

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back