SA vs Pak, 5th ODI , The Wanderers Stadium - All to play for !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nauman said:
Arent you content by defending Nazir's pathetic (no other way to put it) 22 runs over 30 and 40 odds scored by others. When Farhat and Hafeez were opening they were not setting the world on fire but we were regularly getting starts of 30/40 as compared to Nazir who scores well in his come back match but has been nothing but pathetic with mindless slogs in rest of the games.

When Hafees get out in the first over how can you get regular start of 30/40 runs..???

Nazir, well he play to many shots for my licking. But I think he need a partner with confidence...he played a ugly shot today, but still looked decent.. while Hafees looked ****

Nauman said:
Arent you content by defending Nazir's pathetic (no other way to put it) 22 runs over 30 and 40 odds scored by others. When Farhat and Hafeez were opening they were not setting the world on fire but we were regularly getting starts of 30/40 as compared to Nazir who scores well in his come back match but has been nothing but pathetic with mindless slogs in rest of the games.

I am not defending his shot selection. His temperament is something that needs to be worked on definitely. BTW when did Farhat consistently score 30 and 40 odd runs?

PepsiCola said:
Well, well, Younis bowled on inside edge. What do we do now on this flat track? We need 300 plus, and no hitters to do it!

Razzaq is there.. lol......

I just hope he doenst play the shot where he angle his bat to the third man..

the_game said:
We look horrible before going into the World Cup. Zero confidence, bad results, injuries. Oh my.
Which is why I am proud to say - Pak WILL win the 2007 Cricket World Cup!

The idea of sending Akmal at 4 has to be one of the worst decisions by Inzi and Bob! He is clearly struggling for runs and the last thing you want to do is send him to bat when the team is 30 odd for 2 in the first ten overs

BTW when did Farhat consistently score 30 and 40 odd runs?

Come on Chadda
There have been so many times that Farhat and Hafeez scored over 30/40 runs in a series.

pitch is decent, power plays are operating and we're hovering around 4 rpo ...says it all

Why does Pakistan batmsan doesnt play stright..

Nazir getting out because he thought playing stright is useless.
Younis´he us such an experience player,, he should know the importants of playing stright..

Hafeez has an average of 21.05 with one fifty in his las twenty innings.

Farhat has an average of 22.84 with two fifties in his last twenty innings.

Hameed has an average of 27.85 with two fifties in his last twenty innings.

Slim pickings is an understatement.

Hafeez has just ruled himself out of the WC squad.
I think PCB will force him to fake an injury so Hameed could be brought in,

Wazeeri said:
Come on Chadda
There have been so many times that Farhat and Hafeez scored over 30/40 runs in a series.

I only remember them scoring 30 plus in test matches,

UsmanCHADDA said:
I am not defending his shot selection. His temperament is something that needs to be worked on definitely. BTW when did Farhat consistently score 30 and 40 odd runs?
I was talking about opening partnerships.

This is a good sign. Once Akmal does this 2-3 times, he starts pawning.

Younis Khan once again proving what a third rate ODI player he is. The timing of his dismissals are soooo bad.

welll,, Akmal just need time at the crease...
I am sure he will come good...

Lahoria said:
Hafeez has an average of 21.05 with one fifty in his las twenty innings.

Farhat has an average of 22.84 with two fifties in his last twenty innings.

Hameed has an average of 27.85 with two fifties in his last twenty innings.

Slim pickings is an understatement.

no need, Bradmans here will still criticize nazir :D

now THATs a good shot from Akmal through cover drive

10 runs off the over!

Hameed would a complete failure if the pitches are slow he can't score against spin if his life depended on it.

Wazeeri said:
Come on Chadda

Nazir's bashers still continue to support them even though they struggle to get to double figures. Nazir atleast sets the momentum at the start of the innings with a quickfire 20 odd or 30 odd. I am not saying I am content with this. But he is all we have right now who can atleast get us to 30+ without losing a wicket

Muyyazim sb

I dont have a magic wand.....to give you a solution, you have views and so do I.

To win a game of cricket, you need a successful and performing top order....We dont have stability, so we have to rely on the middle more often than not...But what could we achieve if the top performed as well??????????????

Mine are based on knowing the game far better than you as a player and a captain at FC level and not sat in the stands or in a chair, or talking on mobiles.

I guarantee you my average was/is always going to be better than yours, so thanks for asking. If I give you my average i GIVE AWAY MY IDENTITY. In the longer format it was over 25........and I dont bat in the top order either....

Theres no point in cursing me...criticizing me wont get you anywhere either, as I will win the cricket arguments hands down....

UsmanCHADDA said:
Nazir's bashers still continue to support them even though they struggle to get to double figures. Nazir atleast sets the momentum at the start of the innings with a quickfire 20 odd or 30 odd. I am not saying I am content with this. But he is all we have right now who can atleast get us to 30+ without losing a wicket

Nazir will learn by the time... He looks solid when attacking and playing defensiv...
PLus he is good player of pace.

Nauman said:
I was talking about opening partnerships.

We didnt get 30 or 40 odd opening partnerships either. Why would be crying for openers right now if that would have happened consistently?

Noddy said:
Muyyazim sb

I dont have a magic wand.....to give you a solution, you have views and so do I.

To win a game of cricket, you need a successful and performing top order....We dont have stability, so we have to rely on the middle more often than not...But what could we achieve if the top performed as well??????????????

Mine are based on knowing the game far better than you as a player and a captain at FC level and not sat in the stands or in a chair, or talking on mobiles.

I guarantee you my average was/is always going to be better than yours, so thanks for asking. If I give you my average i GIVE AWAY MY IDENTITY. In the longer format it was over 25........and I dont bat in the top order either....

Theres no point in cursing me...criticizing me wont get you anywhere either, as I will win the cricket arguments hands down....

Agree with Noddy bhai.....

Generally noddy bhais views are spot on..

Calm down ladies - long way to go. Plenty of runs in the tank!

When the chips are down you look to your experienced players to pull you through. I have been advocating for a while now that YK should open in both forms of the game. In addition in such circumstances Yousuf should bat at 3 and Inzy 4. However it seems that the big 3 would rather shirk responsibility at the moment than grab the bull by the horns.

Pollock to take the first ever 10fer in ODI cricket? He's bowling superbly. The Pakistani batsman can't picked which way the ball is moving.

PepsiCola said:
Oh boy! That was plumb! Can we make 250 just to defend at least?

how was it plumb...
If it was anything.. it was good appeal nothing more

MAke your minds up:-

One of you says 'THAT WAS PLUMB' and another says 'THATS DOUBTFUL'!

Oxy said:
Is that after, or before the Yousuf wicket?

Btw, the next players play very slow to begin with and our RR is alreayd not good.

nooooo, cmon Inzi, plenty of critics here on PP who want to see your downfall (despite him proven his greatness time after time). lets show something special

Rob H said:
Pollock to take the first ever 10fer in ODI cricket? He's bowling superbly. The Pakistani batsman can't picked which way the ball is moving.

WEll,, it was a rubbish decision--

Oxy said:

OXY Bhai... Quickly say something positive...! Darn. Pollock's really turned on the show here. Knocking over the top 4 in 8 overs. Practically handed them the match hasn't he.

UsmanCHADDA said:
This is fantastic stuff from Pollock. Pakistan in huge trouble at the moment

67/4

HE was not out,.... The bowl was going down the leg side.

Akmal dispatches that long hop for 4 over point. Cracking stroke.

As a Saffer , i say stick with Nazir. He obviously got major talent , just sort out his temperament. Even if he fails a couple of times, show confidence in him , let him make the opening role his. Look @ de villiers , he just sucked in the beginning of his ODI career ( still does in tests though) but they stuck with him and now they getting reward. Nizzir looks absolutely fantastic attacking , its just he doesn’t know how to pace his innings, if he gets that right hell be world class.

pak_all_the_way said:
i'm still waiting for the halkeyeeeee

Me still, but it will only come when the wrong decision are gived against south Afrika... or when a right decision is given for Sa....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back