South Africa v Australia | 1st Test | Centurion | Day 1 | 12 February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebGuru

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
So the mouth watering contest begins in 2 and half hour!

South Africa Squad
GC Smith*, HM Amla, AB de Villiers†, JP Duminy, F du Plessis, D Elgar, RK Kleinveldt, R McLaren, M Morkel, WD Parnell, AN Petersen, RJ Peterson, VD Philander, DW Steyn, TL Tsolekile†

Australia Squad
MJ Clarke*, BJ Haddin†, JM Bird, AJ Doolan, RJ Harris, MC Henriques, MG Johnson, NM Lyon, SE Marsh, JL Pattinson, CJL Rogers, PM Siddle, SPD Smith, DA Warner, SR Watson

Looking forward to this.
Hughes should play but I've heard that Marsh will get one last chance.

Doolan to become the latest Launceston boy to play test cricket (Greg Campbell, David Boon, Ricky Ponting, James Faulkner, George Bailey preceding him).

Good job for a small town.

Imran Tahir not playing, I wanted to see get him beating of his life again. Hope Australia wins .

hopefully the pitch will be a green top

STEYN Philander Johnson Morkel Harris all on the show its like the WI's vs Pak of 80's :holding

Australia's batting is very weak, i hope they will not ruin the séries

Go Australia.

Biased Biased Biased for everything concerning Australia after Pakistan. ;-)

The bowling is quite similar with Jhonson, Harris and Sidle not far behind Steyn, Morkel and Philander.

But in the batting department you have Clarke vs Smith + Amla + ABDV.

Looking forward to this.
Hughes should play but I've heard that Marsh will get one last chance.

Doolan to become the latest Launceston boy to play test cricket (Greg Campbell, David Boon, Ricky Ponting, James Faulkner, George Bailey preceding him).

Good job for a small town.

That's a bad news for Australia. This guy is good for nothing even in A matches and domestic cricket. What are Australia looking for? A miracle that suddenly he will become a good player by playing international cricket?

It's even better that they play Hughes.

Have to say that this South African team without Kallis is not looking a good as it was.

What I would have done (long term) is to replace Kallis with Quinton de Kock and replace Robin Peteren with a 4th fast bowler.

So they would have still got 7 batsmen, 4 fast bowlers and 1 part time spinner in Duminy. Robbie is himself just part time when you are playing 4 fast bowlers.

South Africa to destroy the Convicts and make them realize the ashes was a flash in the pan against a team in which everything was going wrong.

Australia to be dominated.

Australia to make mockery of the rankings and win the series 3-0.

Shell-shocked South Africans to choke again.

Hughes should be playing but I hope Marsh and Doolan succeed (just don't really see it). Doolan doesn't have the talent, Marsh doesn't have the mental strength

South Africa to destroy the Convicts and make them realize the ashes was a flash in the pan against a team in which everything was going wrong.

Australia to be dominated.

So the last 5 years for England?

S.A team doesnt seem to have that same balanced look without Kallis, S.A bowlers though should be looking to make early inroads here

even though i like and admire several Aussie cricketers, i hope SA defeat them. Its nice to see a proper number 1 team in at least one format.

South Africa team
GC Smith*, AN Petersen, HM Amla, F du Plessis, AB de Villiers†, JP Duminy, R McLaren, RJ Peterson, VD Philander, DW Steyn, M Morkel

Australia team
DA Warner, CJL Rogers, AJ Doolan, SE Marsh, MJ Clarke*, SPD Smith, BJ Haddin†, MG Johnson, PM Siddle, RJ Harris, NM Lyon

LOL @ people comparing ATG Steyn with decent pacers Johnson, Harris.

SA will win the series.

Harris is no ATG but he's a step above decent.
He'd make any team in any era.

LOL @ people comparing ATG Steyn with decent pacers Johnson, Harris.

SA will win the series.

its laughable just likae some duffer compare great pakistani captains and batsmen with a normal bat and captain like misbah :p

Last edited:
Very happy that Clarke is batting at 5. We need him to fire.

He's clearly at his best at 5 but he gave in to the constant pressure from chappelli and others, glad he is moving back.

SA do look unbalanced slightly McLaren doesn't look like a test quality cricketer

I certanly think had Harris not been injured prone he would have been alongside Steyn in Term quality wise

So pleasing on the ears Michael Holding is. Love his commentary.

AND WHAT A BALL BY PHILANDER!!!

Warner v steyn looks mouthwatering already.

Philander getting the ball to talk early on as well.

Rogers is looking abit shakey early on against philander here

Warner really should not be a guaranteed selection

I know Warner's an attacking batsman but he completely misjudged the length then poor shot

poor shot that from warner, baptism of fire now for Doolan.

Whats worst thn facing first ball by Steyn on your Test debut?

Is this Doolan any good ?

He's a decent shield player. Normally plays on a greentop and bats to his limitations and plays straight.

Did score 160 against the Saffers last year in a tour match.

I've got more faith in him than Marsh or Warner(outside Australia).

Hughes should have played though.

The batsmen are looking a bit worried. Warners presence had things on the positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back