South Africa v India | 1st ODI | Johannesburg | 5th Nov, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Review of Indian batsmen.
Dhawan-out to the pull,did not quite adjust to the pace of the wicket,will be much better as the tour goes on.
Rohit-looked all at sea vs steyn,a bit of a concern tbh.
Kohli-looked the best bat out there,got a very good delivery from mclaren.
Yuvraj-easily the worst bat out there,looks mentally shot.
Raina-looked quite okay too me in his brief stay,got unfortunately run-out
Dhoni-The usual one man fighting(struggling) innings,don't know what more to say.
Jadeja-got a few edges,hit a few good shots,but still looked a bit edgy.
Ashwin-looked very good,for the time he was there.

South Africans are generous for not playing Philander today.. Thank you for sob sob bey

I knew once the dhoni and jadeja partnership is broken the following wickets will not put up much resistance. Had jadeja lasted longer india at best could have ended close to 250 or slightly over but after his early departure the curtains will be drawn early on indian innings now. Three more wickets left to be taken.

So Dhoni's average in SA has improved. Webguru and other stats freaks, take a note

Don't really think this match will have any psychological effect. If anything, we'll take heart from the way Dhoni, Sir and Ashwin have battled..

Hmm.. now I'm actually wondering if SA can take the last 2 wickets before India cross 200.
I predicted they would surpass that milestone, but....

So Dhoni's average in SA has improved. Webguru and other stats freaks, take a note

were you not there one who was criticising Amla 96 and said it was easy to hang at the crease and do nothing?
Dhoni has done nothing but play inconsequential ugly slogs

Only +ve from this jadeja and ashwin can bat with dhoni as anchor and other r bas tu pohocha mai tere piche ayaa

were you not there one who was criticising Amla 96 and said it was easy to hang at the crease and do nothing?

Never said it. These knocks show the character of a player

How much would South African batsmen have scored against South African bowlers on this very pitch?

Dhoni is such a beast, superman of cricket.

Just shrugged of that blow on the hand like a boss.

Maan... U first talk about kohli like he is nothing.. Now u call dhoni an ugly slogger... Iv certainly not got sprtman spirit & appriciation were it deserves ... Ummm :13:

I think srilanka has to teach u a lesson again :afridi

Maan... U first talk about kohli like he is nothing.. Now u call dhoni an ugly slogger... Uv certainly not got sprtman spirit & appriciation were it deserves ... Ummm :13:

I think srilanka has to teach u a lesson again :afridi

Last edited:
Geez Dhoni is a class player though. 50-odd on a wicket where his teammates looked like scared rabbits. He's done a bit of cowlashing which has come off but luck favours the brave. He's got some mongrel does Dhoni.

Last edited:
How much would South African batsmen have scored against South African bowlers on this very pitch?

Probably quite a bit more than your lot. They know how to play short pitched deliveries and deliveries on a full length aimed at the stumps with this extra bounce. Indian batsmen struggled on the back foot from what I could see.

Dhoni's luck runs out, bottom edge chopped on to the stumps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back