South Africa v India | 2nd Test | Durban | Day 5 | 30/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a strange country South Africa is. The best team by miles, perfect weather, cheap tickets, and they are playing a prestigious game in an empty stadium for 5 days.

What an innings this has been by Rahane - at least one more batsman had to give him company and nobody did.

Interesting celebration by Philander, it's a shame that Rahane couldn't get that 100.

Murali vijay 94
Kohli 96
Rajane 96

Indian youngsters are here to stay for a long time :)

What a strange country South Africa is. The best team by miles, perfect weather, cheap tickets, and they are playing a prestigious game in an empty stadium for 5 days.

Yeah Durban never has been great for test turn outs. Bunch of beach bums over there. JHB was understandable as I live here and it's ghost town over December. Everyone goes to the coast for the holidays. Still I am surprised not more people were there today. Cricket is by no means a dying game here and test cricket has a massive following.

Should have been played in Cape Town.

Last edited:
Wanted
s2h8p5.jpg
to get a 10fer and Rahane deserved his ton too.

People celebrating Rahane's fall? I mean come on. If anything, the guy should be lauded for his effort.

Anyone know the song that they play after the innings break or innings is over? Like the one just playing now

Don't worry. Saffers might play for the draw.

Can't risk a loss

I'm not convinced. Rahane should have stried to rotate strike and scored few more for India to defend.. Shami is not all that bad! Anyway..

That trundler Philander keeps taking wickets how come he hasn't been found out yet bowling 77mph.

India had to bat a little past tea to be sure of draw.

Dhoni and Jadeja screwed it up by getting out to a nobody like Peterson. India needed to bat out 15-20 overs more which was not a very difficult task given that Zaheer batted for 15 overs.

nice innings by Rahane & good comeback from SA after day 1 .

man,60-70 runs more and it would have been an interesting chase by sa.

Very good session again for SA really put thing in control from the word go.

Wonder what would have happened at the Wanderers if Robbie Peterson was at the crease? He could have some boundaries of these Indian trundlers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back