South Africa v India | 3rd ODI | Cape Town | 18/01/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
rohit sharma opening??? What's the logic in that?

i think its for india to loose frm here... when duminy n d other guy were playin pitch looked ok.. s.a played bad shots amla,smith,duminy,de illers .. n india bowledn n fielded very well

Rohit Sharma was said he would replace Tendulkars grace once he retires.

Looks like he just replaced him :ahmed

lol at Murli Vijay's ODI stats, averaging a Harbhajanisque 19 :)))

Last edited:
Fellow opener Rohit averaging 28 :p

Is this statistically the worst ever Indian opening pair

So the FTB bites dust.

God this Vijay guy is so overrated.

lol Vijay out, average is gonna fall down further :)))

Vijay's just good For tests in India i guess, kick him out of ODIs and get Uthappa in, post WC

Nehra should see this Steyn catch for next 24hrs at least. Thats how to catch a freaking cricket ball in your follow through.

In comes Virat Kohli, he's the hope of a decent future :(
Dont let us down boy

Shot of the day , what a ondrive sharma

LOL, easy on the exaggeration

Good shot, but half volley on leg stump lol, should be top order's bread and butter

Shot of the day was Amla's cover drive to Munaf

Its funny, because South Africa are struggling to a 2nd string Indian line up with no Tendulkar, Sehwag or Sehwag. India is going to be too strong in the WC me reckons.

A chance here for Sharma to earn the faith of the fans and selectors for future. This world cup is over for him but he's young and can play the next 2-3 world cups easily if he can transform into a consistent batsman

Its funny, because South Africa are struggling to a 2nd string Indian line up with no Tendulkar, Sehwag or Sehwag. India is going to be too strong in the WC me reckons.

True. Just look at the opening slot.
Vijay-Sharma today. Both out of world cup, averaging 19 and 28.
Compare that to Tendulkar-Sehwag, and Gambhir coming at #3

Looks one stunning batting line-up on paper, but in world cup its all about who handles pressure better and performs

Last edited:
The fact that India are competing in the series without Gambhir, Sehwag and Tendulkar is very heartening

Delicious shot from Kohli. The next big thing?

Virat Kohli is getting better and better each passing day. I hope those stupid Fast Track ads he features in doesn't bloat his ego till it pops like a certain someone who answers to the moniker UV.

this indian team minus zaheer was harrassed and molested in zimbabwe ... so wats changed???
although i feel amongst the major teams south africas lower middle order is the worst and mark my words they wud struggle to accelerate frm over number 30 to 50 if the opponents get rid of abcd villiers ....... they really need a big hitter in there

Rohit Sharma playing lot of airy fairy shots. He is lucky that none of them have carried to the fielders.

this indian team minus zaheer was harrassed and molested in zimbabwe ... so wats changed???
although i feel amongst the major teams south africas lower middle order is the worst and mark my words they wud struggle to accelerate frm over number 30 to 50 if the opponents get rid of abcd villiers ....... they really need a big hitter in there

Sa batting look really average without Kallis.-..

As per stats of this ground a total of less than 220 has been successfully defended 7 times.

Thats alarming for India. If this partnership goes on for another 10-12 overs there could be only 1 winner in this game.

Morkel looks to be the most dangerous on show tonight.

Just like the test series, the bounce Morkel gets making all the difference.

Whats changed is that there were only 5 players in that Indian team who are also in todays squad- Raina, Kohli, Y Pathan, Vijay and Rohit Sharma. Hardly the same team minus Zak.

That said, it's too early to assume this team is doing well- still a long way to go in this match and the rest of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back