South Africa vs West Indies | 5th ODI | Johannesburg |03/02/08

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Windies make 295 for 7 against the Saffies in Pollock's last ever international match.

Amazing that Polly is retiring. He still is a fantastic bowler.

^ agreed, he's given fantastic service to his countryand now wants to exit the world stage on his terms rather than being sidelined

dirk diggler said:
^ agreed, he's given fantastic service to his countryand now wants to exit the world stage on his terms rather than being sidelined
Polly was sidelined from tests ages ago. He is an economic ODI bowler and a good all-rounder, but time waits for no man.

Steyn has taken over and is already #2 in the world as a test bowler. Morne Morkel is a decent all-rounder for ODI. So I think the SAF team is OK.

Cricket is back. Target is 211 from 31 overs which is gettable i.e. basically a normal T20 game.

At the moment SAF is 48/1 in 9th over so they just need to keep the run-rate. Well, Gibbs and Kallis are getting stuck into the attack now and the 4s are coming.

Gibbs is trying to slog too much. I think if they use their head a run rate of 7 is not a problem.

65 runs in the last 5 overs.

22 runs in the 13th over.

Last edited:
Can somebody explain what happened in this over.

1 6 4 1wd 1 4 1wd 4 1wd 1

I count 7 legal deliveries.

kablooee87 said:
Can somebody explain what happened in this over.

1 6 4 1wd 1 4 1wd 4 1wd 1

I count 7 legal deliveries.
IT is the following ...

1 6 4 1wd 1 4 1wd 4

i.e. when I mentioned 22 in a message elsewhere.

I think Kallis and Gibbs are playing a game ... who can have the higher strike rate ... at the moment Kallis is 117 and Gibbs on 126. SAF has scored at a rate of 12 in last 5 overs. :)

Well bowled Lewis. Only 3 from the over and Gibbs played a wild sweep that didn't connect and one that fooled him.

Shivvy is now on at the other end to throw some pies. Should be interesting. Change of pace has changed mood of things.

Awesome way to end a career - in front of a packed crowd and you end a chase with emphatic stroke play.. well played man!

And what a clinical display by the South Africans, great stuff

SAF has another clean sweep series in ODI ... 5-0.

Man of the Match : Gibbs for the 4th fastest ODI century for a SAF

Man of the Series : JP Duminy (consistient batting) and Polly (In my opinion this was an emotional decision).

Duminy finally started batting well and I hope he eventually makes the test side. I wouldn't mind seeing him instead of Prince.

Back