Sri Lanka [191 & 304/9] defeat South Africa [235 & 259] by 1 wicket in the 1st Test, lead series 1-0

Man, SL must regret when they lost 2 wickets in 2 balls to go from 5 down to 7 down. They aren't gonna win this match but if only one of the tailenders could have stuck with Perera SL could have pulled off an improbable victory.

This is turning out to be one of the best innings ever I have seen from a SL batsman.

A message to certain posters, what Sri Lanka are doing right now is what you call competing. Losing in 3 days in 3 games in a row isn't competing.

All I hear is how weak this Sri Lanka team is yet they drew a test in NZ whilst we were beaten black and blue in NZ tests last time we went. And they have already competed better than we did in SA in the tests at least.

At what point does Sarfaraz Pakistan become of 1 of the worst Pakistan sides? Every other team is labbled as weakest in history by this forum. Yet nothing is said about our test team which has regressed at an alarming rate since 2016.
This innings is better than any of our lamentable batting performances in that Test series.

What an absolutely amazing innings and what a brilliant match!!

Unbelievable !

Kusal Perera with one of the finest innings in a run chase in Test history.

They have done it!!!!! The best innings in test cricket history!!!! Well done sri lanka

Once in a life time innings by Perera and ofcourse no.11 batsman. Reminds me of Laxman/Ishant partnership against Australia.

The look on Faf’s face :))) :)))

Stuff of legends from Perera

Woke up, saw the score and was able to catch the last over. What an innings!

#MakeLankagreatagain [MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] [MENTION=53290]Markhor[/MENTION]

What a Test match, my privilege to watch such a game. I was glued so much on screen that didn't even post on PP. Missed yesterdays ODI to have a little sleep so that I can watch this one and it was worthy investment. This pair break the World Record of Inzi-Mushi's last wicket partnership in a chase.

Well played SRL, they can't loose this series now.

Unfortunately, this innings just kept me reminding about Azhar Ali.

Well done to Sri Lanka. I didn't think they had a chance of winning a game in SA but what an effort this has been. I have always rated their batting line up and thought they will remain a solid test team. Glad for Sri Lanka they won.

Perera what an effort.

Congrats to SL and their fans.
Kudos to Kusal Perera and Fernando.
What an innings !
What a partnership !

Well done to Sri Lanka. I didn't think they had a chance of winning a game in SA but what an effort this has been. I have always rated their batting line up and thought they will remain a solid test team. Glad for Sri Lanka they won.

Perera what an effort.

They had odds of 12/1 while pakistan had odds of 4/1 of winning against sa. But sri lanka showed that they are a fighting team.
What a win for them.

Wish pakistan can replicate this kind of performance some day

My days.
WHAT AN INNING.
Shame on Pakistan for getting thrashed

Stop comparing and start enjoying :) This is once in a life time innings. Not some random casual knock. Even that once in a life time innings needed help from another once in a life time no.11 innings. So this is out of the world performance. Celeberate the victory of Test cricket.

One of the greatest Test innings I have ever had the pleasure of watching.

Didn't watch the Islamabad batting innings, instead choosing to watch this. Good thing I did.

What a game.

Don’t think I have ever celebrated like that, not even champion trophy or T20 world cup win

Wooow

Man, SL must regret when they lost 2 wickets in 2 balls to go from 5 down to 7 down. They aren't gonna win this match but if only one of the tailenders could have stuck with Perera SL could have pulled off an improbable victory.

It looked unlikely indeed at that point in time.

But Kusal has played one of the best innings ever by an Asian batsman.

What a knock...shame some people watching the circus at PSL when you've just seen a match that will live in memory and be talked about for ages...nothing compares to Test Cricket

What a Test match, my privilege to watch such a game. I was glued so much on screen that didn't even post on PP. Missed yesterdays ODI to have a little sleep so that I can watch this one and it was worthy investment. This pair break the World Record of Inzi-Mushi's last wicket partnership in a chase.

Well played SRL, they can't loose this series now.
same here thanks to my mobile application so i qas able to witness kne of the greatest knock in test history, will be talked about but the number 11 should be applauded as well.

Back