Sri Lanka U19 v Pakistan U19 | ODI | Dambulla | 2/12/09

Muhammad Saad

T20I Debutant
Runs
Pak 94/1 at 21.3 overs ,yet another failure for captain Azeem Ghumman ,Babar Azam gets a 50 and Ahmed Shehzad on 21 not out.

zarak said:
thats not ahmed shahzad, thats shahzaib ahmed

Cricinfo making a mistake because Shahzaib Ahmed is a no.11 batsman and a leggie and also not in the squad.

Pak U19 165/2 after 37.3 overs.
Ahmed Shehzad gets out for a slowish 50 off 72 balls.

Babar Azam is currently 92 no, he has capability to represent Pakistan in FUTURE. He scored 50 in the first game as well. He was the highest run scorer in the recent U19 tournament representing a special NCA team as a captain. He scored 361 runs in 8 one day games and lead the team to the final.

Cricinfo profile

Full name Mohammad Babar Azam

Born October 15, 1994, Lahore, Punjab

Current age 15 years 48 days :O :O :14:

Major teams Pakistan Under-15s, Pakistan Under-19s

Batting style Right-hand bat

Bowling style Right-arm offbreak

Last edited:
Babar Azam scores his FIRST century, many more to come at International level Inshallah!!!

Pak U19 201/2 41.4 overs

Babar Azam 119 no off 127 balls. He has temprament to go all the way and he is an OPENER. How long before we see a thread created for a a NEW STAR Babar Azam :)

Ghumman wasn't an opener, he should come one down and let Ahmed Shahzad open with Babar.

Waseem said:
Babar Azam scores his FIRST century, many more to come at International level Inshallah!!!

Pak U19 201/2 41.4 overs

Babar Azam 119 no off 127 balls. He has temprament to go all the way and he is an OPENER. How long before we see a thread created for a a NEW STAR Babar Azam :)

Ghumman wasn't an opener, he should come one down and let Ahmed Shahzad open with Babar.
talk about hyping early. :umarakmal

Waseem said:

Pak U19 201/2 41.4 overs

I guess Ghumman realized that the easiest way to the Pakistan team is being an opener, so he's trying his best

we all like to hype up a youngester - nothing wrong with that. It was all created by Imran Khan from the time he started introducing teenagers into the team!

it seems like babar azam and not ahmed shehzad is the next umar akmal. the guy is only 15. in his pics he looks 12 years old!

Xoib said:
talk about hyping early. :umarakmal

First of all, it's definitely exciting when a 15 years old opener scores 127 against talented Sri Lankan bowling lineup.

Secondly, i was being sarcastic with "star batsman" thread comment as we see people creating threads like "Next SUPER STAR" for almost every U19 player after a good performance. :)

Last edited:
Usman Qadir seems like a pinch hitter :naved

Last edited:
Pinch hitter Usman Qadir is gone but i am not sure what this Muzammil guy is doing. He has played 32 balls without hitting a boundary, we still have 6 wickets in hand and he should have been more aggressive.
I think Sarmad Bhatti should have come as a pinch hitter as he has done that in domestic U19 tournament.

Pak U19 267/6 after 50 overs.
It's quite a decent score and we should be able to win it from here, we could have scored 15-20 more runs but not bad total at U19 level.

Last edited:
Seems like a good score and Muzammil later score more than run a bowl without hitting a boundary (another fawad in the making?)

muhammad saad said:
Seems like a good score and Muzammil later score more than run a bowl without hitting a boundary (another fawad in the making?)
your judgement of players through scorecards is unparalled. :D

Xoib said:
your judgement of players through scorecards is unparalled. :D

Sarmad Bhatti takes 2 wickets in his 2nd over, another :aamir in the making :D

Can you guys see the full scorecard on cricinfo? All I see is the latest team-score, can't open the full scorecard.

Waseem said:

Pak U19 201/2 41.4 overs

Im sure one has already been created for him - will have a search for it :)

where is equinox

i told him pakitan produce best u-19 cricketers

can someone clarify once and for all if it is Shahzaib Ahmed or ahmed shehzad.

Shahzaib Ahmed is a legspinner - what is he doing batting at 3?

It is raining now and the play has stopped. Pakistan need to bowl another 4.1 overs to let the D/L method come into play.

harisj said:
Its not Ahmad Shehzad. Hes not even in the squad.

If its not Ahmed Shehzad than it must be some other guy cuz Shahzeb Ahmed is a leggy and a tailender. (And he is not even bowling)

I hope the rain stops. We need 4.1 more overs before DL :) The only way we cannot win from here is if it is a wash out :(

some 'classic Indian luck' for the Sri Lankans as the rain saved them....they were definitely going to lose this game.

Hope it doesn't bite us but we should be okay.

May be Saj can clarify who is no. 3 batsman: Shahzaib Ahmed or Ahmed Shahzad.

such a shame, we had this. babar azam did well at dambulla, a place where our seniors couldn't cope.

Back