Sri Lanka v India | 1st Test | Galle | 18-22 July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Lanka cruising. 228-1 at tea.

Sanga has got his century and Pranavitana on 95 not out.

is Indian bowling really bad..or is the pitch dead?

A mix of both I think. But Galle is known for heavy scoring on the first day so it was an important toss to win.

India's 100MPH bowler has an ODI economy rate in test match today...GOT LICKED ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!!

Ishant has been terrible so far.
and now this almost 200 run partnership is a good sign for SL.

Took him 11 matches for his first century.
Lmao on his celebration.

Best of all, I bet he likes the fact that its against India, "the #1 test team"

OMG Sanga!

WHY Sanga?

Oh well, at least they wont collapse like Pak team.. :p

Galle is usually a result pitch. It's normally only rain-affected matches that end in draws, so SL are in a strong position.

Sanga is a legend in the making...he's got 22 test hundreds which is no joke..
barring his attitude I love his consistency in batting...a treat to watch

Look's like Sharma was bowling in an ODI match with those figures...

see, the problem is that both india and pak are on same boat ,you have a depleted batting because of consiperacy and we have a depleted bowling because of injuries,
Sharma was looked good early on in his career but as soon as he came under influence of ullu ka patha v.k. Prasad he got confused whether to go for pace or stick to line and length ,
As far as fast i mean genuine fast bowling is concerned believe me the talent is there in india and i am not talking about ranji and ipl , the problem is these guys dont get chance becouse of sifarish,
I guess this is agony of subcontinent cricket ,
U guys must have heard about the competition held in delhi to find a speedster in which wasim akram was judge
, my friend participated in it and i was giving him company he is a jutt,the competition started at 9 am and his turn come at 3 pm he was hungry and was sweating and when he was asked to bowl he clocked 87 87.5 and 89.3 mph respectively imagine a young 18 year old kid who is standing for almost a day in heat of delhi and yet clocking such speed
But his family cnuld not pay his travel expence and he had to back out when dream gets shattered it hearts,
See india is a vast country and so no body i mean these sports organisations dont give a damn about kids they want money,.
Sifarish and money thats all i can say.

Yet another batsmen-dominated series between Sri Lanka and India ? Why is that not surprising ?

Day one dominated by the lankans, the toss was very very crucial.
SRI end day one on top:
256/2
Paranavitana on 110*

We are in for a treat tommorow folks, when the greatest EVER FLAT_TRACK_BULLY, HOME_TRACK_BULLY Samarawerra comes to bat...

Yet another batsmen-dominated series between Sri Lanka and India ? Why is that not surprising ?

The last 2 test series in Lanka that we have played (in 2002 ans 2008) were hardly bat dominated. Even in the series in India (2005 and 2009), out of the 6 tests played , only 1 was a high scoring draw. So 1 out of a total of 12 tests has been a "batsmen dominated" series.

Even today, each of the top 3 batsmen were given a reprieve. We dropped 3 catches, and if you do so on any pitch, more often than not, the home team will cash in.

Last edited:
For us to see Sehwag in action is a sight to behold, but it is a long way yet, india will have to bowl Sri Lanka out, (good luck with that on a surface that can only be described as a road).

For us to see Sehwag in action is a sight to behold, but it is a long way yet, india will have to bowl Sri Lanka out, (good luck with that on a surface that can only be described as a road).

Galle pitch can never be called a road. There was enough movement off the pitch and enough turn available for the bowlers here. Our bowlers and fielders weren't upto the scratch today. Dropping 3 catches on day 1 of a test , will hurt us big time.

Galle pitch can never be called a road. There was enough movement off the pitch and enough turn available for the bowlers here. Our bowlers and fielders weren't upto the scratch today. Dropping 3 catches on day 1 of a test , will hurt us big time.

Will you describe those dropped catches. I only saw Dhoni dropping an outside edge when sehwag bowled and that was a really difficult one. Akmal drops 3-4 of these catches in each innings.

Other than that Yuvraj had a half-chance when diving forward.

Wait, I heard gambhir dropped one, how easy was that?

Will you describe those dropped catches. I only saw Dhoni dropping an outside edge when sehwag bowled and that was a really difficult one. Akmal drops 3-4 of these catches in each innings.

Other than that Yuvraj had a half-chance when diving forward.

Wait, I heard gambhir dropped one, how easy was that?

Gambhir dropped one at short leg where the ball went right through his legs, lazy effort really.

And then Laxman missed one at Gully, where again it was a straight forward chance but VVS was late to react and the ball went right through his hands.

As for the Dhoni catch, he genrally takes them with ease, so irrespective of how difficult it was, it will go down as a missed chance. :(

dropped 3 catches.....sounds like our team :akmal

seriously , do you guys think that india is no.1 team in the world ?

seriously , do you guys think that india is no.1 team in the world ?

not at all, they keep playing in sub content, for me they have to win series in england, south africa, australia to be prove there number 1 ranking

India is going to get a good pasting here. The FTB of the world has just arrived.

My view is that the team to beat is Australia. They are the no1 team. The rest like S.africa and England don't matter.

England is a mediocre side with plenty of overseas players . I think they are currently looking at the Ireland spinner Dockrell. SA is a choker and as such just a okay team. Less said about Srilanka as they don't have time to play with other teams except India.

Last edited:
not at all, they keep playing in sub content, for me they have to win series in england, south africa, australia to be prove there number 1 ranking

England is done, we won there in 2007.

South Africa and Australia remain, lets see when we can win a series there.

BTW did you ever say Australia weren't the true number 1 side till they won a test series in India, Pakistan and Srilanka (they finally won a test series in India and Sri Lanka in 2004-05). Does that mean Australia weren't the number 1 side from 1996-2004?

Yes we are not in the same league as the Aussie teams of late 90s and 2000s, but if we have got to number 1, it means there is something we must have done to reach there. Those ICC rankings can't be all BCCI conspiracy, isn't it? After all on the same ICC rankings, in recent years pakistan were ranked no 2 in the world, Mohd Yousuf and Younis Khan were ranked the number 1 batsmen in the world and Asif is currently ranked no 2 in the world.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but If Sri Lanka win 2-0 they get 6 points and India will lose 4 points, making the Lankans No.1 in test rankings.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but If Sri Lanka win 2-0 they get 6 points and India will lose 4 points, making the Lankans No.1 in test rankings.

If that happens -If SL becomes no1 ,without managing a win in SA/AUS/IND
-that would be the comedy of the decade. But anything can happen.:)):pissed::(

Last edited:
Well feel sorry for muralitharan.........suppose he can now kiss goodbye that 800 mark.

It would be sad if Murli doesn't get to bowl in this test. hope that he will consider to play next match if it is a total wash-out.

These Cricket boards do not have any brains or what, why consider test series when Monsoon is at its peak, the last game would also be a 2-3 day game .:po::po:

Anyway, it was a boring test match. Not because Srilanka was on top but nothing was happening. I mean how can you watch a test match when there is no balance between bat and ball.

The batsman is not even getting bitten for overs and overs. Its just do boaring.

By the way, when is the 2nd Test between Aus Vs Pak ?

^^Ohhhh please weathergods, answer my prayer and let tomorrow be a scorching hot day perfect for batting !

Ohhhh please let there be rain tommorow :D..............
Who cares. let it rain for whole 3 days.

Else we would have seen the result like this

Srilanka (I innings) 660/4d
India (I innings) 468 all out
Srilanka (II Innings) 84/1

Match Drawn. Sangakara Man of the match.

How interesting match it would be ?

If this match gets rained out, I think Murali might just play one more match to get that 800 tally...

119504.jpg

Ishant Sharma to Paranavitana, out Caught by Dhoni!! Magnificent delivery from Ishant Sharma, that should give him immense confidence. The ball was angled across, pitches around middle and holds its line, Paranavitana gets a thick edge as he plays at it tentatively and Dhoni takes a superb catch diving to his left, it was dying on him but he did well to get his gloves underneath that and pull off a neat catch, Indians have struck early. Paranavitana c Dhoni b Ishant Sharma 111(233) [4s-12]

SL 259/3 (69.3 Ovs) still in very good position.

wickets tumbling.....samaraweera gona after dravid dropped a sitter

Errr No, Sehwag avg over 50 in Australia unlike MR_I_CANT_SCORE_A_RUN_TO_SAVE_MY_LIFE_OUTSIDE_SRILANKA Samarweera :D...
Sehwag is a bit of a flat track bully too. No where near Samaweera or Jayawardene though.

It's funny as Samaraweera is probably the least rated batsman to have an average comfortably over 50. Over 50 will usually establish you as one of the greats of the game. As it stands, he's relatively unknown, especially outside the sub continent. Heck, I'd even go to say that Ravi Bopara is more famous than him lol.

Vow Cricinfo just hyping up Ishanth Sharma's bowling here.

"Sharma to DPMD Jayawardene, no run, lovely bowling this. Slightly fuller, and inward movement once again, Mahela will be pleased the over is done. It is a maiden, what an over!
"

^to be fair he is bowling quite well right now. his average is almost 36 now.

Vow Cricinfo just hyping up Ishanth Sharma's bowling here.

"Sharma to DPMD Jayawardene, no run, lovely bowling this. Slightly fuller, and inward movement once again, Mahela will be pleased the over is done. It is a maiden, what an over!
"

dude u need to watch to understand this...that was one hell of a over..he is getting tremendous swing...i was also pleasantly surprised

mahela is lucky to survive till now....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back