Sri Lanka v India | 1st Test | Galle | 18-22 July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
MURLI u did it BOY. Congrats and u deserve it. I dont know why he is retiring from test matches... Im not sure, has he retired from tests or from whole cricket???? if he is playing odi n 20-20 then its alrite but if he is retiring from cricket then he should atleast play test matches. a 1000 wickets for murli would have been great but this is also a great n biggest achievement....hats of to him, SRILANKA will truly miss MURLI.....Hope SRILANKA whitwashes india in this series....

i seriously hope there isn't any rain. a draw would draw some criticism towards placing murali over the team.

they should open the batting with murali to cap off this muralipalooza

S.L 8/0 Chasing 95

Hopefully they will lose a wicket close to target and murali can come out and score winning runs!

SL off to flyer as expected when chasing 95. They should cruise to it within 15 overs.

What a perfect farewell for Murali.Signing off with such a sterling performance, kudos to the champ.

What's with the blasphemy on this thread, with everyone citing Bradman's average as being '99.99'? It's 99.94! Every cricket fan should know that!

CHAKKA !!!
game, set, and match
sri lanka win by 10 wickets - handshakes allround

I'm very pleased with Sri Lanka's win, I like them a lot and always root for them when my beloved Pakistan are not playing. Everything was perfect, the rain did not spoil the result, Murali got his 800th test wicket, a highly deserving side like Sri Lanka won, now I hope our guys will make this day even brighter! Well played SL, congrats!!

the way champions should retire. getting their milestone and with a win.

SL thoroughly deserved to win because right from the start they were determined to win this match and send their champion off on a high. India were thoroughly outclassed and no shame in accepting that fact. Well played Sri Lanka, enjoy the moment and salute the once in a generation gem you have unearthed who is having his final day of glory under the sun as a player.

It would be interesting though to see if SL could sustain this momentum in the coming matches. I would expect India to come back strongly. They have had their positives - Sehwag's batting, Mithun's fighting attitude and a couple of decent knocks by the middle order. SL are playing their best cricket while India is only picking up momentum at the moment. Bring on the next test. Let us see who will fill Murali's void. Mendis? I doubt if the Indian batsmen would be so generous this time around to gift him his wickets..

SL thoroughly deserved to win because right from the start they were determined to win this match and send their champion off on a high. India were thoroughly outclassed and no shame in accepting that fact. Well played Sri Lanka, enjoy the moment and salute the once in a generation gem you have unearthed who is having his final day of glory under the sun as a player.

It would be interesting though to see if SL could sustain this momentum in the coming matches. I would expect India to come back strongly. They have had their positives - Sehwag's batting, Mithun's fighting attitude and a couple of decent knocks by the middle order. SL are playing their best cricket while India is only picking up momentum at the moment. Bring on the next test. Let us see who will fill Murali's void. Mendis? I doubt if the Indian batsmen would be so generous this time around to gift him his wickets..

unless your bowling has a few surprises the other matches will end up being draws with how strong both batting line-ups are and the series will go to sri lanka.

unless your bowling has a few surprises the other matches will end up being draws with how strong both batting line-ups are and the series will go to sri lanka.

Yes..Harbhajan needs to find form quickly for the bowling to be atleast upto scratch. Ishant was on and off though he looked to find some semblence of form.

Yes ATM SL are the favorites to win the series, but if luck favours India a little we can expect a drawn series. Winning the toss is vital for a start.

Well played SL.Totally ouplayed and we deserve this with our pathetic bowling.I know that the moment our batsmen fail we lose.

Malinga's comeback to test has really hurt us. What a bowling performance from him on a wicket that had not much for the bowlers.

he could be the key to SL in test matches ahead.

Perfect send off. Him needing just that last wicket and getting the last wicket of the innings. Wouldn't be the same had he gotten in earlier because he wouldn't be able to soak it all in like he did at the end of the innings.

What makes it better is that India got thrashed. So much for the raaaaaackstars. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back