Sri Lanka v India | 1st Test | Galle | 18-22 July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full credit to the SL team. They look like they want to win this game and send off their champion with that gift. Very reasonable and looks very likely with the way they have bowled and fielded..

I wouldnt count India out yet. They play well when their backs are against the wall. I still would bet on a draw. They had one bad day at office. Fingers crossed the bad luck is over..Go India!

India keeping their trend of starting a test series on a low. India have to bat really well to get out of this situation. Sl with a big chance of getting a 1-0 lead in the series.

Cricindia:

Irfan Rizwi: "Can we please borrow Sehwag for one match" An awe struck Pakistani fan. Herath comes on.

India keeping their trend of starting a test series on a low.
But i was hopping that this time we got rid of that jinx with the tour game :( but it doesn't seem so.

the only hope for us to save this game is if no more wicket fallen today, but I may be asking too much :(

sO SEEM INDIAS DEMAND MORE THAN US HAHAHAHAHA

Navs responds to the awe-struck Pakistan fan: "You can borrow Sehwag for one match but you have to give as Aamer and Asif for two matches.. "

Navs responds to the awe-struck Pakistan fan: "You can borrow Sehwag for one match but you have to give as Aamer and Asif for two matches.. "

prassna jayawardena is a really natural WK...probably the has the best glovework of the all the keepers around...really impressed

:OUT

Welegedara to Sehwag, out Caught by Jayawardene at gully!! Sehwag c Jayawardene b Welegedara 31(30) [4s-6]
10.3 Welegedara to Sehwag, THATS OUT!! Caught!!

viru viru viru, it will be fun watching star news today, would they applaud him for his hundred or criticise him for getting out twice in a day

prassna jayawardena is a really natural WK...probably the has the best glovework of the all the keepers around...really impressed
Very good point and agreed. After Chris Read, the best natural wicket-keeper of the past 15 years.

I guess you are joking.

If, on scale of 0 to 100, where 100 is Bob Taylor, and guys like Rashid Latif and Chris Read are 80.... Kamran is at around 10.

No but Pcb thinks They are not joking hahahaha

Annachi

You are once again running away like you always do, I used quotes from your own posts threw the ball back to your court but as usual you have no agrument. What kinda fool will say; it is easy for 'anyone' to score on the sub continental wickets but when I bring up your favourite AKA Mr.20 Avg you keep drifitng from your own point.. Annachi its not about holding a constructive dialogue with you, you just talk utter stupidity...

P.S.. I like how you go from 'anyone' to 'one' single player all of a sudden...

hmmm, your posts are getting deluded by the minute which is evident as you are trying to divert the topic by name calling instead of trying to accept the facts.

As I said I dont expect any kind of sensible posts from you in the first place. Thank you :)

This could be the last time the highest run-scorer is facing the highest wicket-taker for a long, long time to come.

And that's tea. Meanwhile, Aamir runs in to bowl. :aamir

CricIndo at it again...

"Sehwag with a characteristic innings that ended prematurely with one needless shot too many; and then a masterclass in batting, from Sachin Tendulkar, who took the match situation out of the equation to play some delightful shots."

I mean wth he is at 21 off 38 deliveries.

Some more samples....

Malinga to Tendulkar, FOUR, brilliance from Sachin. Malinga looks for the yorker and misses his mark by a foot at best, Sachin picks the fulltoss early and redirects it with a delicate flick of the wrists, wide of mid on

Muralitharan to Tendulkar, FOUR, expert paddle sweep from the master of the paddle sweep. Not the normal sweep shot square, but the fine paddle sweep. He picks the line of the doosra on leg stump and comes down on it to send it to the left of the keeper

Dravid has just become the second batsman in Test history to reach 9000 Test runs at the no. 3 position. Ricky Ponting heads the table with 9447, while Kumar Sangakkara is at third spot with 7019 :14::14::14:

Wow! India 172/4 now.

Just turned this on as it was lunch in the Pak match...and first thing I see is Malinga getting SRT! :14: :14:

Yes ! The midget is out.

What a day this is. One one hand , we are crushing the Aussies and on the other India are on the brink of defeat.

hmmm, your posts are getting deluded by the minute which is evident as you are trying to divert the topic by name calling instead of trying to accept the facts.

As I said I dont expect any kind of sensible posts from you in the first place. Thank you :)

Yeah Annachi as you stated; 'anyone' can score on subcontinetal wickets FACT.. Oh wait Ponting only avg's 20 :) and now good ol Annachi has nothing to say in relation to this...

Last edited:
DAIMIEEEEE SRT misses out on the 100................................ He looked soooo SETTTTT>>>>>DAMN IT DAMN ITT...

Hope Murali mops up lower order and tail and gets 3 wickets this inns!

4 down now if they can get another one today maza ajayega...then fiinsh off the tail tomorow

i hope India get 64 runs tomorrow and Sri Lanka get to bat again.

They should send out Murali to open to get the winning runs!

Lolz only rain can save us.......:( :(

It aint over yet. I wouldnt be too sad if India gives a decent fight back. SL are the better team in this contest and they are determined to win and send off their champion with that gift.

So if they win, then well played to them. But wait till the last ball is bowled. You never know about the funny and unpredictably great game we follow. The script might yet change tomorrow!

@dani2k @siddharth v r always a slow starter in test .....it seams trend will not change :(.....

I hope India give them a real fight.... hope for the best .....but rain can really help us... :)

SACHIN deserved a hundred here... and dravid shouldn't have been run out :( plus ... our bowling sucks big timee :(

dani2k said:
So if they win, then well played to them. But wait till the last ball is bowled. You never know about the funny and unpredictably great game we follow. The script might yet change tomorrow!

yeah and that's what our great game is ...and why i love cricket so much... hope for the best

How long will the management/selectors presist with Yuvraj before giving Sharma/Raina a chance?

The so called no. 1 test team on the verge of another humilliating defeat. And to call India's bowling attack pathetic would be a MAJOR understatement.

A tough task ahead for India. Hope Murali can get 2 more wickets at least and reach the 800 mark.

How long will the management/selectors presist with Yuvraj before giving Sharma/Raina a chance?
I think Sharma will come in only when Dravid or Laxman call it a day. He will be replacement for for the upper-middle order. Raina can be a threat to Yuvraj. But I would persist with him since our next opponents are Australia and SA. UV is better playing against fast bowlers than Raina.

I hope Muralitharan gets his 800, no matter what the result ends up being. I don't see how India are going to save this though, unless rain intervenes.

I hope he doesn't get stuck on 799.

Come on Malinga - bowl poorly for your teammate's sake. :D

If Murali doesnt get wicket 800 do you think he will stick by his decision to retire? I doubt he would want to be left haning on 799

Come on boys 13 away from getting tha lead, a lead of 50 will have the home track bully's quaking in their pants :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back