Sri Lanka v India | 1st Test | Galle | 18-22 July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
sanga needs to bowl malinga and bring murali after a wicket falls .. they are getting too greedy for the 800 th wkt

Wow. This is sad. He's bowling part timers to the tail when he has one of the worlds most fearsome express bowlers and the worlds best spinner.

Rubbish captaincy from sanga here ...

Give the ball to malinga ...Please?

This is so dumb. New ball is available. Get Malinga on and get one of these two out. Mithun is looking very comfortable out there.

:))):))):))):))):)))
the heading on the Cricinfo home page is absolutely funny.

Laxman battles as India take lead

It makes you think that India are in the drivers seat.

:))):))):))):))):)))
the heading on the Cricinfo home page is absolutely funny.

Laxman battles as India take lead

It makes you think that India are in the drivers seat.

No thats not funny, this is funny:

Malinga to Laxman, 1 run, inswinger outside off and Laxman leans into a check drive into the covers for one. He has a lot of confidence on Mithun now.

Nextball

He is GONE

After That more commentary:

Weird choices all around. Why wasn't Malinga bowling earlier once it became clear Mithun was comfortable against spin? Why, oh why did Laxman expose Mithun to Malinga? Playing the spinners once you have your eye in is one thing.. playing Malinga's toe-crushers is entirely another.

Last edited:
Murali will bowl to Laxman :(
I want to get a glass of water but I don't want to miss history.

Seriously why the heck is VVS Lemon giving the strike to Sharma ? is it that hard for him to hit out with 8 wickets down??? seriously keep this guy shelved away unless we are playing Australia he is useless..

Murali's Quest for 800 th wicket has given india the lead otherwise it easily could have been a innings defeat

Seriously why the heck is VVS Lemon giving the strike to Sharma ? is it that hard for him to hit out with 8 wickets down??? seriously keep this guy shelved away unless we are playing Australia he is useless..

May be he wants to gift murali his 800 th wicket .....

If Murali doesnt get wicket 800 do you think he will stick by his decision to retire? I doubt he would want to be left haning on 799
That would be a farce though - if he changes his decision for that record.

Would lose respect if he revoked retirement for that.

I hope he doesn't get stuck on 799.
Why not? That would be very poetic. If the Don can retire without scoring the 1 run to go to 100 average or the 4 runs to get to 7,000, why not Murali? In fact, the Don's average of 99.99 is far cooler than 100 would have been! :) Similarly, 799 has style that 800 doesn't.

Another similar instance was Inzi's last Test innings and how he scarified his wicket for the team instead of going for the Pak record of most runs that was just one shot away!

Come on Malinga - bowl poorly for your teammate's sake. :D
Yes it was shocking how Sanga had taken off the Slinga just to help Murali - that's match-fixing ;-) Glad to see Malinga brought back and he struck in 3 deliveries, or in his very first ball to Mithun. :14:

forget getting his 800th wicket i hope SL open their batting with murali. "See it, whack it, giggle when you hit it, giggle when you miss it."

Another similar instance was Inzi's last Test innings and how he scarified his wicket for the team instead of going for the Pak record of most runs that was just one shot away!

or he could have won us the game and retired on a high :13:

Seriously Laxative Lemon is killing me here.... I cant bear to watch him bat with the tail...

or he could have won us the game and retired on a high :13:

I could be wrong here but I vaguely recall reading here how INZI was given a financial incentive by PCB for not breaking JAved's record ?? Can anyone confirm this ???

Seriously Laxative Lemon is killing me here.... I cant bear to watch him bat with the tail...

Seriously.....either take complete authority and don't expose tail enders much or give his wkt ..he is neither even charging ....only becoz of him mithun lost his wkt

I could be wrong here but I vaguely recall reading here how INZI was given a financial incentive by PCB for not breaking JAved's record ?? Can anyone confirm this ???
First time I am hearing of that! Must have been some loony conspiracy theory, plenty of those in the Pakistani masala websites - but thankfully, not here on PP :)

Seriously.....either take complete authority and don't expose tail enders much or give his wkt ..he is neither even charging ....only becoz of him mithun lost his wkt

Like said earlier; keep him shelved away unless we are playing Australi..

nEVER HEARD OF THAT NEWS .... mUST HAVE BEEN SOME MASALA NEWS FROM INDIAN MEDIA

In reality there is no chance of saving this game. then why should Lakshman shield the tail-enders? let them get some practice. covering would have made sense if it was the last sesion of the day.

Heartening to see Indian tailenders putting a dogged fight. That is the spirit. SL are undoubtedly the better team in this match, but we would fight till the finish..

Go team India!

I had a feeling from yday and now it is gaining strength - that Murali would be stranded at 799 to go with Don Bradman's average 0f 99.99..just to prove that for all their greatness they are mere mortals..

This is actually great tactic by India to hold on for as long as they can as I doubt the other Sri Lankan bowlers would want to get the Indians out, if they can somehow hold off Murali for another 25 overs....

How long Sanga's patience will hold? just a matter of time to bring Malinga I suppose.

Com'n Murali, finish this off and let me do some errands that I am holding off for a while.

India 90 ahead and fustrating Sri lanka big time!

Thank you Murali for all this entertainment over the years, a true champion and great human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back