Sri Lanka v India | 1st Test | Galle | 18-22 July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
sehwag is the biggest wicket in world cricket today...Indian team is 40% sehwag these days...

Shewag aunty gone for a nothing shot. That ball deserved to be smacked out of the ground.

Laxman gone...need to get Yuvi and Dhoni Padukone cheaply if SL are to make a match of this.

we really want result oriented test matches!! can't think of any other reason for these dismissals..

just wondering why Murli isn't brought. these two are very vulnerable against him generally.

game is more than on....srilanka need to finish this tail asap and make another 250 runs in quick time and give thmselves enough time tto bowl india out again..

game is more than on....srilanka need to finish this tail asap and make another 250 runs in quick time and give thmselves enough time tto bowl india out again..
They would be foolish to do that. Much better to enforce the follow-on if they wish to win.

There's hardly any time left in the game, if Sri Lanka bat, either it will be tame draw, or the target will be gettable for the Indians.

Well I want you to educate me Annachi, as you said runs on the subcontinent should be easy peasy that anyone should be able to score on it as you stated in one of your posts above. So why does Ponting only avg 20 ? Please enlighten me Annachi...:)

The fact that you are clinging on to one single player and comfortablely ignoring the rest clearly shows your cricketing bias, and there is no use trying to have a constuctive converstion with you.

Not that I expected anything better from you anyway.

They would be foolish to do that. Much better to enforce the follow-on if they wish to win.

There's hardly any time left in the game, if Sri Lanka bat, either it will be tame draw, or the target will be gettable for the Indians.

Exactly. Only way there will be a result in this match. Plus the fact that enforcing the follow on normally adds extra pressure on the opposition.

Come on Murali, clean up the tail. I would hate to see Ishant Sharma score a fifty here! :pissed:

I'm going to miss Murali a lot

Let's hope he gets 800+ wickets in this match :))

Another point is that Sri Lanka have only bowled 58 overs so far in this match. Not enforcing the follow-on would be a very odd decision

I see the YUVI came out with his team under pressure, hit a few nice looking boundaries and went out. Without making much difference to the game. What a talent...

Another point is that Sri Lanka have only bowled 58 overs so far in this match. Not enforcing the follow-on would be a very odd decision
Exactly. India bowled around 120 or more. Sri Lankan bowlers would hardly be tired after a mere 58 overs - surely instead of putting their feet up after 65 or 70 overs, they'd rather send Murali off with a win in his final Test!

The fact that you are clinging on to one single player and comfortablely ignoring the rest clearly shows your cricketing bias, and there is no use trying to have a constuctive converstion with you.

Not that I expected anything better from you anyway.

Annachi

You are once again running away like you always do, I used quotes from your own posts threw the ball back to your court but as usual you have no agrument. What kinda fool will say; it is easy for 'anyone' to score on the sub continental wickets but when I bring up your favourite AKA Mr.20 Avg you keep drifitng from your own point.. Annachi its not about holding a constructive dialogue with you, you just talk utter stupidity...

P.S.. I like how you go from 'anyone' to 'one' single player all of a sudden...

Last edited:
Wow what a collapse ... almost as bad as the ones we had in Lanka :p

I see the YUVI came out with his team under pressure, hit a few nice looking boundaries and went out. Without making much difference to the game. What a talent...

i think he batted well...52 against murali & co is not bad...one of the best performances of ponting was when he scored 100 and 99 in 2 innings against south africa in Dec 2008 against steyn, morkel etc...australia lost the match & ponting's innings didn't make any difference to the game..what a talent :)

Even if he hit a 100 and saved this match I still dont have any faith in him. Ive seen this happen too many times in the past he shows glimpses and then lives of that for the next 100 odd games.. India just need to get rid of him from the test side peroid!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

tru.i dint consider the fact that its the 4th day....they defo need to enforce the follow on so murali chacha can get his 800th....cmon lankans...

Oh man it seems like a magical ending to Murali's career is on the way with a thumping WIN... If SRT hits a 100 in the 2nd innings most of the pain will ease for me :)...

Cricinfo:
Muralitharan to Mithun, OUT, no need to appeal this time! Murali raises his arms in joy he has yet another five-wicket haul, his 67th! It was another fastish offspinner that curved in and then took off from outside off, Mithun was late on the cut and no shame in that, this ball has bamboozled far better batsmen. Leg stump is breached, leg bail is down, India are all out. Murali has 797 Test wickets. What a champ!

Congratz to Murali on his 800th wicket .. he should have by the end of the day.

I hope Murali gets 800! He bowled superbly today! what a champion bowler.

Malinga to Gambhir, OUT, Malinga owns Gambhir as far as this Test is concerned! There shall be no epic rearguard from Gauti this time! This one was bowled with a slight angle from over the wickets, it lands on off and goes straight on without deviation. Gambhir pokes his bat at it unnecessarily and without any conviction and the outside edge flies into Prasanna's gloves. India are in more trouble.

India never seem to enjoy playing tests in Sri lanka and Vice versa when it comes to reverse series!

Im loving the bowling of MALINGA. wsome hope sri wins the match. the other fast bowler is crap. hope murli gets 800 wickets...so called india strong batting lineup has been destroyed by sri.

need to get sehwag early and tenda ...baki team saath min free milti ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back