Sri Lanka v India | 1st Test | Galle | 18-22 July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murali the legend is on. Getting some fizz out of the wicket so it's gonna be good stuff.

that was unnecessary dismissal, Murli wasn't menacing at all. he got carried away.

Malinga to Sehwag, 1 run, whoa! Reverse-swinging yorker tailing away alarmingly at the last moment. Sehwag did well to get bat on it as it looked set to thud into his toes albeit down the leg.
Reverse swing?? :20:

Just saw the SRT wicket hard to say, SRT looked pissed of with himself hopefully he will click in the 2nd inningss...

from now on only SL can win this match otherwise draw on the card ..for cricket love Win will be good then draw ....but being an Indian I want a draw or even a dramatic Win...:D

Malinga is working his magic here...amazing accuracy.

lol, Malinga isn't a Test bowler. Trying yorkers and bouncers and all too often, his line and length and style of bowling is way too limited-overs like.

lol, Malinga isn't a Test bowler. Trying yorkers and bouncers and all too often, his line and length and style of bowling is way too limited-overs like.

You probably haven't watch him play Much. I've seen him bowl some absolutely magnificient Test spells in NZ and England.

yes.. the ball is a bit of out shape too I suppose as Murli seemed checking with the umpire.
Oh. Come to think of it, the balls used in Sri Lanka get deformed pretty quickly.

Its Malinga !, no need to be stunned yaar.
I was just asking because I'm not watching the match. Reverse swing in 20 odd overs isn't normal, even if Malinga is bowling. And these days any full delivery that is swinging in is called an "reverse swinging yorker". Sooooo, just checking.

Paradox...not everyone is like :afridi

Dont agree with you there, yes he bowls alot of yorkers and bouncers even in tests, but its effective is it not?

Sehwag seems to be seeing the ball in mega-size.

Just saw the SRT wicket hard to say, SRT looked pissed of with himself hopefully he will click in the 2nd inningss...

Lol ... dont worry even Malinga has scored a 50.

So even if does score well on this pitch, these stats wont count for much..

Veero and Laxman still need to bat a long time here to get India out of a spot of trouble. India do have their best two Batsmen in middle at moment when it comes to combatting spin!

WHat makes you think I worry Annachi, as long as SRT hits another 100 I am happy....

lol.. when are cricketing fans like you gonna realise scoring piles of runs on a Flat roads and being the highest run scorer in tests doesnt equate up to the greatness of a bradman or Viv?

I really doubt sachin would have even scored 10000 if not for these flat roads :13:

lol.. when are cricketing fans like you gonna realise scoring piles of runs on a Flat roads and being the highest run scorer in tests doesnt equate up to the greatness of a bradman or Viv?

I really doubt sachin would have even scored 10000 if not for these flat roads :13:

And Sir what equate up to the greatness of a bradman or viv?

Can you enlighten us....we the fans of cricketing world would be grateful:)

10000 runs? He wouldn't even have lasted one season in international cricket and would have been coaching Mumbai Gymkhana boy's team.

And Sir what equate up to the greatness of a bradman or viv?

Can you enlighten us....we the fans of cricketing world would be grateful:)

I dont really blame Mr Srt here as he is not the one preparing those roads in India.
But again its really hard to give any credit to him for his runs in those roads if you are an unbiased cricket fan that is!

i dont really blame mr srt here as he is not the one preparing those roads in india.
But again its really hard to give any credit to him for his runs in those roads if you are an unbiased cricket fan that is!

:14::14::14::14:

:))):))):))):)))

Annachi

SRT avg over 50 in Australia but the guy you so greatly admire Ponting (We all know why) avg 20 on these so called Flat roads....:)

P.S. Did I mention SRT also avgs 50 in WI during the early 90's facing Walsh, Ambrose & Co...

Last edited:
I dont really blame Mr Srt here as he is not the one preparing those roads in India.

does he always screw up away? i think he averages same both home and away...

so what should he do ...forfeit the home match as he should not have any home runs (as you are saying home pitches are road...)

please clarify on the above points or better accept u r one hell of a biased critic

This will clarify any doubt that you have ...

Below is the dream team selected not by anyone else but the man himself...Sir Don Bradman

The dream team includes (in batting order with twelfth man) - Barry Richards (South Africa), Arthur Morris (Australia), Don Bradman (Australia), Sachin Tendulkar (India), Garry Sobers (West Indies), Don Tallon (Australia), Ray Lindwall (Australia), Dennis Lillee (Australia), Alec Bedser (England), Bill O'Reilly (Australia), Clarrie Grimmett (Australia) and Wally Hammond (England)(12th man).

Enough said...We mortals are not in any position to judge the greatness of above listed greats...

Last edited:
does he always screw up away? i think he averages same both home and away...

so what should he do ...forfeit the home match as he should not have any home runs (as you are saying home pitches are road...)

please clarify on the above points or better accept u r one hell of a biased critic

buddy he is a sachin hater, why do u even care to reply him ??

Below is the dream team selected not by anyone else but the man himself...Sir Don Bradman

The dream team includes (in batting order with twelfth man) - Barry Richards (South Africa), Arthur Morris (Australia), Don Bradman (Australia), Sachin Tendulkar (India), Garry Sobers (West Indies), Don Tallon (Australia), Ray Lindwall (Australia), Dennis Lillee (Australia), Alec Bedser (England), Bill O'Reilly (Australia), Clarrie Grimmett (Australia) and Wally Hammond (England)(12th man).

Enough said...We mortals are not in any position to judge the greatness of above listed greats...

Why dont you read my posts completely before coming up with an unneeded post.
I never said sachin was not great, its just about the tons of runs he has scored in flat roads. These are easy runs for anyone, so its hard to give him any credit in these pitches.

Looks like Gambheer honey moon period is over. He was exposed by SA at home and then in 20/20 WC by short pitch bowling. His average of 54 is so undeserving.

I don't agree with the Tendulkar bashing in this thread but Bradman's very Australia/England orientated in the selection of this side.

Why dont you read my posts completely before coming up with an unneeded post.
I never said sachin was not great, its just about the tons of runs he has scored in flat roads. These are easy runs for anyone, so its hard to give him any credit in these pitches.

Yeah Agreed, it is easy for any Tom, Dick & Harry, thats why Ponting avgs a WHOPPING 20 from 12 test matches...

Yeah Agreed, it is easy for any Tom, Dick & Harry, thats why Ponting avgs a WHOPPING 20 from 12 test matches...

not just ponting. lehman, gilly, gibbs, mark taylor, graeme smith, brian lara, gayle, atherton and watson average alot less in india than they do everywhere else.

But some of these players didn't play in india as often ponting. If tendulkar averaged 20 in australia after playing so many test matches no one would consider him the best player of his era.

Nice title. :)))

They made a whole article on one spell?! :)))

What about that bigger spell when he was getting smashed around by Malinga and Herath. I think that deserves an article as well.

Look at the quote under Ishant pic

For one spell in the morning session, Ishant Sharma was back to his menacing best :)))

lol at that article.

It states in the last paragraph that Jayawardene is one of the best batsmen in the world.

What are trying to achieve by dragging ponting into this?
Are trying to educate us that Indian pitches are not batting friendly pitches?:13:

Why dont you try and accept some facts instead sticking on to the same old point? I know you cant but still?

Are trying to educate us that Indian pitches are not batting friendly pitches?:13:

Why dont you try and accept some facts instead sticking on to the same old point? I know you cant but still?

The general conception is yes but if you ask dravid, sehwag, ponting, lehman, gilly, laxman ,tendulkar ect they might tell you they like australian pitches because they average more their. Its dumb to try an guess how much people would score if they played some where else.

Umar Akmal is better.......and in 2-3 years Don Bradman will himself say he is best if he is alive...............Well if he is not Sachin will say "Umar Akmal reminds me of my batting"

Well I want you to educate me Annachi, as you said runs on the subcontinent should be easy peasy that anyone should be able to score on it as you stated in one of your posts above. So why does Ponting only avg 20 ? Please enlighten me Annachi...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back