Sri Lanka v India | 2nd Test | Colombo | 26-30 July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phani has an idea: "Idea to keep test cricket alive: In a situation like this, bowling team can choose one from viewers in the stadium to bowl...it will increase the number of ppl that come to stadiums and of course the bowlers get some rest from thrashing. "

cricinfo commetatory :)))

haha:akhtar ,, thats not bad at all ,

What a fab day for Sri Lanka. They are in great position to control this Test. They would hope Mendis can repeat his form from the warm-up game

Indias pop Gun attack is getting Major phanti in this series! :)

LOL @ Indians, doing all they can to delay till 5 PM they dont want to bowl anymore :))):)))

from Cricinfo

Sanga and Mahela shake hands and Mahela pats Sanga on his head (well helmet technically) . That's the end of day 1. Sri Lanka owned the day.

With a note to myself that I need to try out Multan's CHAUNSA mango (most no of recommendations received in emails), i will sign off now. See you tomorrow.

from Cricinfo

Sanga and Mahela shake hands and Mahela pats Sanga on his head (well helmet technically) . That's the end of day 1. Sri Lanka owned the day.

With a note to myself that I need to try out Multan's CHAUNSA mango (most no of recommendations received in emails), i will sign off now. See you tomorrow.

Yeah I saw that :))) Whats this mango stuff all about ? :))

Paranavitana-the perfect match

Atlast the Lankan lions found the perfect man for the opening slot-Tharanga Paranavitana, a young left handed batsmen who has now scored back to back tons, lankans have tried several options including
M VANDORT
M WARNAPURA
SHT KANDAMBY
SO GO LIONS ENJOY T.P'VITANA

Awesome stuff by the Sri Lankans. If they can grind down Indians a bit more today it'll be the best thing. I'm usually not a fan of our long tried stratergy of piling 600-650 runs batting first - I'd rather prefer 450-500 and trying to win - but for once I don't mind it this time with this less than impressive SL bowling line up. Both Fernando and Prasad are fast and hit the wicket hard, but they are not in teh class of Slinga. Dont even need to talk about Murali, and not sure if Mendis can do his magic. So, piling up 600 if possible can't really do any harm.

India's bowling is absolute crap. Why was Ashish Nehra not called up when both Zaheer and Sreesanth were ruled out of the test series? It is clear without a doubt that Ishant at the moment is rubbish and a complete liability.

I saw the highlights and I must say. What a borefest. I hate tests in sub-con, not playing in Pakistan has been a blessing in disguise as fans have been treated to some lovely test cricket. A decent series in NZ and one vs Aus.

This pitch is just crap, its a cement road and looks very boring to say the least.

Pitches like this is a shame..thus new audiences are not attracted to test cricket..ICC should fine them! This is pathetic!

I saw the highlights and I must say. What a borefest. I hate tests in sub-con, not playing in Pakistan has been a blessing in disguise as fans have been treated to some lovely test cricket. A decent series in NZ and one vs Aus.

This pitch is just crap, its a cement road and looks very boring to say the least.

Thats it, I think Pakistan might actually unearth some talented batsmen as they have to adapt to much challenging wickets rather than those dead wickets which nowadays offers, no spin, no pace, no swing no nothing.....

Last edited:
Atlast the Lankan lions found the perfect man for the opening slot-Tharanga Paranavitana, a young left handed batsmen who has now scored back to back tons, lankans have tried several options including
M VANDORT
M WARNAPURA
SHT KANDAMBY
SO GO LIONS ENJOY T.P'VITANA

Errrr No, take him out of his habitat and he will barely put bat on ball. Sri Lanka have just one class batsmen; Sanga and THATS IT!!!!!!!

Errrr No, take him out of his habitat and he will barely put bat on ball. Sri Lanka have just one class batsmen; Sanga and THATS IT!!!!!!!

When Sachin, Dravid, Laxman retire, India will also have a team full of FTBs who can't play the short ball to save their lives.

from Cricinfo

Someone needs to tell him about "Anwar Ratol" - the best mango in the world and I happen to have a 2 acre land full of anwar ratol mango trees in home in Pakistan! the best mango in the world BY FAR!!!!!

Wow India getting owned at the moment.

sanga gets 150..wht a player he is..

srilanka should just make 650 -700 today which will give them 3 days to get india out twice :))

LOL...Indian phaast bowlers really struggling.

Did Ishant 'Teeli' Sharma hit 100 mph yet? :)))

From Cricinfo
Sharma to Sangakkara, no run, fullish outside off and Sanga drives hard but Raina intercepts at covers
Sharma to Sangakkara, no run, attempted bouncer, sways out of the way

Sharma to Sangakkara, no run, left alone . another delivery outside off
Sharma to Sangakkara, 1 no ball, defended back to the off side of the pitch
Sharma to DPMD Jayawardene, 1 run, flicked away, a single to fine leg
Sharma to DPMD Jayawardene, no run, bouncer left alone
Sharma to DPMD Jayawardene, no run, in the zone outside off, left alone

no speeds?:13:
:))

Last edited:
Might as well bring on someone like Tendulkar or Sehwag. They are more likely to get a wicket.

From Cricinfo
Sundeep: "Dhoni has an intl. wicket in only 12 balls bowled. So not a bad option! (No catches seem to come Dhoni's way anyway, so no need to be concerned for WK)"
:)))

Last edited:
Sundeep: "Dhoni has an intl. wicket in only 12 balls bowled. So not a bad option! (No catches seem to come Dhoni's way anyway, so no need to be concerned for WK)"

ye nobat agayi ha

:))) :)))

From Cricinfo
Sharma to Sangakkara, no run, fullish outside off and Sanga drives hard but Raina intercepts at covers
Sharma to Sangakkara, no run, attempted bouncer, sways out of the way

Sharma to Sangakkara, no run, left alone . another delivery outside off
Sharma to Sangakkara, 1 no ball, defended back to the off side of the pitch
Sharma to DPMD Jayawardene, 1 run, flicked away, a single to fine leg
Sharma to DPMD Jayawardene, no run, bouncer left alone
Sharma to DPMD Jayawardene, no run, in the zone outside off, left alone

no speeds?:13:
:))

speed gun toot gayi ha bhai...hes too fast to be clocked on

Last edited:
Apoorv: "The painful thing for an indian fan is that or should i say a KKR fan that they paid more than half a million dollars for Sharma. damn. So overrated."

from Cricifno

Liju: "Sreesanth will be thanking GOD for giving him an injury at the right time! His fate wouldn't have been different at this pitch..."

lol tony greig 'banawnuhs'
i wonder if i could hit a century against these bowlers :D

I'm so happy Pakistan are playing their matches in England. I forgot how much I hate these run orgies. Bat first, bat big, hope opponent crumbles under pressure of 700 runs, etc.

b o r i n g

Impressive bowling by India. There will be at least four centurions amongst their bowlers. :inzi

P.S. Cricket on these sorts of wickets is a disgrace. They are doing everything to kill Test Cricket completely.

The pitch is better than the roads of Karachi and Lahore. Atleast as a bowler, you get early movement and some spin, even if its slow. Indian bowlers are just too toothless at the moment to take advantage of even slight amount of help from the pitch

Ram Kaundinya: "Enough Sanga..get out now. You gotta give Samaraweera also a chance to get an easy 100."

:))) SL going nearly 7 runs an over now

You guys need some phaast bowlers, offer a trade to Pakistan with all that batting you have (the ones who can play the short ball)

Nah we will be fine if anything its the Sri Lankan's that should be watching their owners India Bat when they play 'outside' the subconinent.. who knows you might a draw a test match...

Ram Kaundinya: "Enough Sanga..get out now. You gotta give Samaraweera also a chance to get an easy 100."

:))) SL going nearly 7 runs an over now

Yeap for sure, the holy trinity wouldnt be complete without a 100 from greatest flat track bully of all time :)

Nah we will be fine if anything its the Sri Lankan's that should be watching their owners India Bat when they play 'outside' the subconinent.. who knows you might a draw a test match...

Should we look out for the short ball specifically?

I don't think that's necessary, cause Raina is scheduled to give all of us how (not) to play the short ball when he comes around to bat tomorrow.

sanga don't get rude ! you should give other batsmen a chance to have a taste of this paradise !

SL should bat another 1.5 sessions (declare around 700) and then have a bowl at India towards the close of the day.

Should we look out for the short ball specifically?

I don't think that's necessary, cause Raina is scheduled to give all of us how (not) to play the short ball when he comes around to bat tomorrow.

:))):))) Stuff Raina he is as bad as your ones lol... Our middle order will have Pujara, R.Sharma etc these guys you can learn from..

SL scored at 5 an over for the entire morning session. :14:

Now that's NOT a borefest. Its a full-scale phainty - not sure when was the last time we saw such high scoring rates during whole sessions, and that too with the loss of no wickets.

Classy batting. Useless bowling. Flat pitch.

Last edited:
^^ Just to add to the above...

However flat the pitch, it takes some monumentally bad bowling and poor captaincy for a batting team to score at 5 an over during two whole hours of a Test and not lose a single wicket (ie, basically playing risk-free cricket). This would never happen under a 'proper' Test captain such as MPV - Gilo would have been on for the whole session bowling two feet outside leg. :))

Dhoni didn't have to try anything that extreme but being continuously hammered for 5 an over in a Test is embarrassing.

Last edited:
:))):))) Stuff Raina he is as bad as your ones lol... Our middle order will have Pujara, R.Sharma etc these guys you can learn from..

nah... I think SL batsman can play the short ball a lot better than the Indian ones, as we have seen in recent history.

Sharma :)):))

SL scored at 5 an over for the entire morning session. :14:

Now that's NOT a borefest. Its a full-scale phainty - not sure when was the last time we saw such high scoring rates during whole sessions, and that too with the loss of no wickets.

Classy batting. Useless bowling. Flat pitch.

Errr only a few years back in Pakistan when India were 0/450 in their first innings, Sehwade something like 250 and Dravid a 100 odd..

Errr only a few years back in Pakistan when India were 0/450 in their first innings, Sehwade something like 250 and Dravid a 100 odd..
Yep, I remember that one. Was another instance of some classy batting and some very atrocious bowling, fielding and captaincy.

Yeah when was the last time you won a test match outside subcontinent barring Zim again ?

A proper question would be when was the last time Sri Lanka played a test match outside of the subcontinent. If I have to guess I'd say George W. Bush was still the president.

Yeah when was the last time you won a test match outside subcontinent barring Zim again ?

By the way, you said next time India plays outside the subcontinent we can learn a thing or two from them right?

Well I was wondering if you're still gonna have the same phaast bowlers then or if you're gonna have any different ones. Cause I think we learned a lot from these guys already, we can use a different teacher in the future. :)

so they won 1 game in WI from how long ? starting from 2000 or early 90's ?

Starting from 2000 SL has toured;
WI - twice
Aus - twice
SA - once
Eng - once
NZ - twice ( I think)

So here you go, check that out with how much India have toured lol. Out of those SL only lost to Aus and SA. Others were drawn.

By the way, you said next time India plays outside the subcontinent we can learn a thing or two from them right?

Well I was wondering if you're still gonna have the same phaast bowlers then or if you're gonna have any different ones. Cause I think we learned a lot from these guys already, we can use a different teacher in the future. :)

Well we won with out Phaast bowlers in OZ in the ODI's VB series which included your Home track bully's that could barely win a single game. We would have also at worst drawn the test series wasnt for my main man Bucknor... Wonder if the home track bully's can match a performance like that ?? Fact of the matter is enjoy these Home track performances cause that is just about the most your team can do, atleast for us we have something to look forward to but your team just doesnt have what it takes....

Last edited:
Starting from 2000 SL has toured;
WI - twice
Aus - twice
SA - once
Eng - once
NZ - twice ( I think)

So here you go, check that out with how much India have toured lol. Out of those SL only lost to Aus and SA. Others were drawn.

Drawn as in 1-1 or 0-0 ?

They couldnt win a single match in Sa or Oz ? so that must def prove they are good against the short ball....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back