Sri Lanka v India | 2nd Test | Colombo | 26-30 July 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely shot by the sehwag - result: 44444444444444444444444

Last edited:
only Yuvi, Gymby is injured.

no yuvi has not been dropped..he is suffering with some flu i think....
he has scored half century in last test match..so he cal atleast play 2 more test matches...;-)

Prasad to Sehwag, FOUR, Whiplash! It was another short-of-length delivery and Sehwag is killing em. This time, he whips it through midwicket

Dammika is walking off the field. He seemed in some trouble last over. Not sure what's the issue

only 4 wickets needed....tenda,dravid,sehwag and raina.......baki sab free milengi

Say by some miracle India manage to pile on 750 in 150 overs. That leaves 1 day to defend 100 runs on a flat deck...are you mental?

Err..... no im not mental - and besides its not excatly "impossible" for the lankans to lose is it? despite posting 640 odd.

Sehwag playing the only way he knows which should make for some excitement!

Sehwag with 6 fours thus far - lookin in menacing touch.

Last edited:
Crap Test again we seen lot of Test in subcontinet thease days.

this isn't just 'struggling on a flat pitch' though, surely? here we have the so-called no.1 test team who in batting and bowling have got nowhere near - NOWHERE NEAR - a team that is really no better than England, especially now that Murali has retired, and England aren't that good. there is no excuse for the appalling performance from India in this series.

no where near of whom?? sri lanka???
It was just a single match where our batting failed. I certainly agree that Indian bowling is no good in these conditions, but which bowling is good???. On pitches like these that were in India, we did beat sri lanka six months ago and handed them an innings defeat in both the matches.
And why does everyone have to include that the so called number 1 team is getting bashed, they don't deserve to be number 1 and blah.. blah..., If India is that bad why are other teams behind them, others should be ahead of India. Isn't it.

Majid seems like your fav bat Sehwaahhhhh is going well.... Lets see how he fares tommorow..

I think the Sri Lankan bowling without Murali and Malinga is going to be tested. India's batting line up is much better than Pakistan's and wont fail consistently like ours.

After watching Pak-Aus series this series is so boring...
I hated Indian pitches for being so flat and thought it would be good if Sri Lanka can prepare pitches like they did it for Pakistan tour, but I guess they want to compete with India on producing flat tracks as well.

sehwag is Always in sparkling form on flat tracks ,lets put him in headingly then see.

sehwag is Always in sparkling form on flat tracks ,lets put him in headingly then see.

Amer-Asif always look good in overcast conditions,lets put him on flat decks...oh wait,they couldnt even do anything in Aus n struggled to get Hilfenhaus at Lords:)))

After watching Pak-Aus series this series is so boring...
I hated Indian pitches for being so flat and thought it would be good if Sri Lanka can prepare pitches like they did it for Pakistan tour, but I guess they want to compete with India on producing flat tracks as well.

if people want test cricket to live and prosper, forget about changing the format or making any other adjustments, just ban test cricket from the sub continent / asia.......test cricket just isn't meant to be played in this part of the world

and asif is seaming condition bully...on flat tracks he even does not make it to playing XI (example asia cup)

LOL amazing what 1 test victory in 15 years can do to some Pakistani fans... I thought Indians took the cake but you guys (not all) take it to another level....

Another road and another run-fest, who would've seen that one coming. :14:

Sehwag for a double ton, and Vijay for a 100, followed by a ton for Tendu and Raina getting amongst the runs as well.

Result? Draw

I know we have lost the first Test and this one is still at an early stage - so at the risk of finding the grapes to be sour, I have started to hate Tests in Lanka.

Our lousy bowlers seem to only get worse when they play there, while the Lankans manage to uncover yet another player who scores freely at home. Inevitably, the final scores are 5 million for 2, or something on those lines.

Let me give you a better example:
Karachi 2006

http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/234783.html

Pakistan score 600 in their second innings (all 7 batters score 50+) then Asif destroys India's top order.

Asif is a very dangerous bowler when there is something in the pitch and surely deserves to be among the top bowlers but his true test is when he has to play on flat tracks.
And one test match doesn't prove anything. Even Ishant sharma has won man of the series award against Australia on Indian pitches. Asif's overall average in Pakistan is 42 with a strike rate of 81 and total of 10 wickets including the test in which he took 8 wickets.

Don't understand? Unless that illustrates Sehwag is a bowler who takes wickets on flat surfaces? Not bothered about his batting performance as I'm replying to the chap who questioned Asif's wicket taking capabilities.

n he replied to a chap who said Sehwag was a ftb.read the posts before that

Asif is a very dangerous bowler when there is something in the pitch and surely deserves to be among the top bowlers but his true test is when he has to play on flat tracks.

Most tracks these days are flat, simply because the cricket administrators, tv companies and sponsors want the match to go 5 days to maximise revenue.
So his overall bowling average and SR will indicate how he does. Upto now not bad at all.

Asif's overall average in Pakistan is 42 with a strike rate of 81 and total of 10 wickets including the test in which he took 8 wickets.

Great sample consisting all of 4 tests -- btw 7 not 8 wkts

Most tracks these days are flat, simply because the cricket administrators, tv companies and sponsors want the match to go 5 days to maximise revenue.
So his overall bowling average and SR will indicate how he does. Upto now not bad at all.

Great sample consisting all of 4 tests -- btw 7 not 8 wkts

So you mean he will also be good on flat tracks of India as well??? I doubt that.
so you didn't find that single karachi test example a small sample but when i quoted 4 test matches, you think its small.
well only time will tell how he performs on flat tracks.

This is what makes test cricket boring, having pancakes in the sub continents so that bowlers can toil hard without much luck in the heat while the batters smack them all over the park and make records.

Why cant the ICC step in and check the standard of pitches being used in the sub continent and work on improving the standard of pitches provided for games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back