Sri Lanka v India | 5th ODI | Columbo | 8/2/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, bowling attack too weak, testing bench strength often throws a team off the momentum. quite risky.

Last edited:
Sultanofswing said:
nah, bowling attack too weak, testing bench strength often throws a team off the momentum. quite risky.

That's your opinion. In my opinion, India has a very strong team and more importantly, they have a good momentum and a good mind-set that they play with. They don't look for excuses for their bad day, rather they look to win no matter who their players are. Also, Dhoni is an aggressive captain and he works according to the situation. He constantly adjusts and changes his batting order to accommodate the situation, lead from the front and also introduce the bowling changes at the right time. Even if they are testing their bench strength and resting some players, in my opinion, India would still win this match. Just my 2 cents.

checkers.llvllaster said:
That's your opinion. In my opinion, India has a very strong team and more importantly, they have a good momentum and a good mind-set that they play with. They don't look for excuses for their bad day, rather they look to win no matter who their players are. Also, Dhoni is an aggressive captain and he works according to the situation. He constantly adjusts and changes his batting order to accommodate the situation, lead from the front and also introduce the bowling changes at the right time. Even if they are testing their bench strength and resting some players, in my opinion, India would still win this match. Just my 2 cents.

they have pretty strong batting line up to chase down any total Srilanka put, ( Yousuf Pathan coming down at no 8). but it will be a big job for bowlers to restrict the srilankan batting within reasonable score, if you let Jayasurya off, things might get out of control.

Now, I have a question friends. In the cricinfo preview it said:

"The pitch is expected to be more like the last two, unlike the second game, even though this is a day game. As Ishant Sharma put it, "it would be better to bowl first as conditions will be helpful. The track becomes flat as the match progresses, to even 300 becomes an easy target'."

So ,it seems that the team winning the toss would have chosen to ball first. Yet, SL after winning the toss, chose to bat. What's the reasoning?

according to pitch revire ( i guess that Arun lal??), said pitch will turn big time as match go on, i am sure jayawardene has M & M factor on his mind behind his decision.

Ishant once again strays down the leg. leg bye 2 runs.

Last edited:
Jayasuriya ageless warrior provided a good start and got out. When will he retire..

so whats the prediction? are we in for a exciting run chase? or yet another batting collapse against M & M or Kulasekra &co.?

India has a good batting lineup. I expect an interesting run chase even if they are missing some of their key players, assuming SL make a 300+ target, which is pretty realistic right now, looking at the way the runs are flowing.

^^I don't it will effect Indias batting because there are not any big change, Tendu is not playing but despite the fact he was not scoring runs so.....

Oops nevermind, I didn't see that no other players were missing besides Tendulkar. You guys are right, it's pretty much their regular batting line :)

Dilshan makes a U-turn to his form so he can bring it back to Pakistan

There is no Laxman or else Dhoni would have bowled an over or so.... Btw Dhoni should also had given Gauti a chance to bowl so then India could set a record

SL have already made 249 runs at the end of 40 overs. They have 8 wickets in hand, and 5 overs of Powerplay left. If they play intelligently, it's not hard to score 100 runs of last 10 overs with 8 wickets in hand and 5 overs of Powerplay out of 10. They can reach 350 here.

Dhoni has bowled 9 bowlers total. I think he should take a break from wicket keeping and bowl one over and might as well give one over to Gambhir.

IronMan2009 said:
Expected. Flat track. For his pace it was always going to be difficult.
A wicket or two would make his morale high but it would be difficult I think

Dhoni has bowled 9 bowlers total. I think he should take a break from wicket keeping and bowl one over and might as well give one over to Gambhir.
No Laxman, no Dravid who would keep

41.2 I Sharma to Kandamby, OUT, comes over the wicket, Ishant lands it bang on middle and the ball straightens, Kandamby's beaten for pace and the ball clips the top of middle stump, not sure if Kandamby actually picked it off the pitch as he was totally squared up
SHT Kandamby b I Sharma 26 (26b 3x4 0x6) SR: 100.00

41.3 I Sharma to Jayawardene, OUT, that's a double strike and Dilshan misses a well-deserved century, Jayawardene softly taps it towards Rohit at cover point and there's confusion about the single, Dilshan turns back but there's a direct hit by Rohit and he's way short of his ground
TM Dilshan run out 97 (117b 9x4 0x6) SR: 82.90

41.6 I Sharma to Kapugedera, OUT, India are hitting back here, Ishant lands it on the corridor outside off and tempts Kapugedera in to poking at it, there's a thin edge to Dhoni and Kapugedera walks back for a first-ball duck
CK Kapugedera c Dhoni b I Sharma 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

seriously, :)))
i'd love it if SL played with Pakistan just like this :p

Can he keep? What about Gauti or Sehwag or Raina because they are slip fielders(apart from Gauti) so I think they migth be able to

minhasuz said:
Can he keep? What about Gauti or Sehwag or Raina because they are slip fielders(apart from Gauti) so I think they migth be able to

I was just joking mate, but sure anyone will work. It seems SL are collapsing pretty big time now!

Kandamby, Dilshan, and Kapugedera fell to Ishant in the same over. Jayawardene follows by giving his wicket to Yuvi. Suddenly, now, SL look like 300+ might be far fetched.

Sri Lanka 259/6 (42.6 ov)

The stupid thing is SL haven't still taken the Powerplay and they still did not take it this over. I guess they are waiting to use it with their 9th and 10th batsman perhaps.

I was just joking mate, but sure anyone will work. It seems SL are collapsing pretty big time now!

Kandamby, Dilshan, and Kapugedera fell to Ishant in the same over. Jayawardene follows by giving his wicket to Yuvi. Suddenly, now, SL look like 300+ might be far fetched.

Sri Lanka 259/6 (42.6 ov)
I was joking around too so it is all good.

I think now SL batsmen will stay for a while because Jayawardene is gone. Since he came on the field he made people get out

The stupid thing is SL haven't still taken the Powerplay and they still did not take it this over. I guess they are waiting to use it with their 9th and 10th batsman perhaps.
Thushara and Mendis are classic player yaar he will hit thru the gaps loll

Ironman Before going back to SL he touched Malik that after that day he did not return to cricket ground not even for QEA Trophy

Can't forget Murali either :))
oo yeeaa him too. You can't waste your powerplay without them yaar what happened to you loll

Finally they realized it that let Maharoof try some classical batting

45.5 I Sharma to Thushara, OUT, Ishant bowls the slower ball, Thushara stands outside his crease but fails to get under the low full toss properly and ends up chipping it tamely back to the bowler
T Thushara c & b I Sharma 11 (12b 1x4 0x6) SR: 91.66

Kulasekara and Maharoof should play like Afridi and Razzaq. But despite the fact that there is no comparision

Agar Malik hota to abhi bhi part time spinners use kar raha hota :))
Wooh abb Salman Butt or Misbah koo bhi layaata :))

minhasuz said:
Wooh abb Salman Butt or Misbah koo bhi layaata :))

Nahin yaar, Salman Butt ground se baahar hota abhi 10 minutes kee break par...of course, he would lose track of the time.

Nahin yaar, Salman Butt ground se baahar hota abhi 10 minutes kee break par...of course, he would lose track of the time.
:))) :))) :))) :))) and on other side Akthar and Afridi would be laughing

Mahroof hitting hard...12 runs of Irfan Pathan's over.

Sri Lanka 311/7 (49.0 ov)

With that said, goodnight friends :)

Mahroof hitting hard...12 runs of Irfan Pathan's over.

Sri Lanka 311/7 (49.0 ov)

With that said, goodnight friends :)
Lets see if he can hit in this over too.
Good Night mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back