Sri Lanka v Pakistan | 1st Test | Galle | 21/06/12 | Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Drive

Test Star
Runs
So just over 2 hours left in this match. Any updates about the weather? Hope rain doesn't interfere in this match. Anyways, this is the XI Pakistan will probably play:

Taufeeq
Hafeez (C)
Azhar
Younis
Dogar/Faisal (although I think Faisal will get the nod due to his experience)
Asad
Adnan (WK)
Rehman
Gul
Ajmal
Junaid

Doesn't seem like Afaq will get a chance as it will disturb the team balance. I have a feeling Pakistan will prefer Junaid over Aizaz.

Can't wait for it to start! Good luck to both teams, should be a thrilling series.

I'm hoping Shafiq bats a bit higher up. I'd love to see him prove himself this series. Hoping for a big contribution for Junaid or Cheema. Whoever plays, needs to make a serious impact because I'm not feeling Gul having a matchwinning innings. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm hoping Shafiq bats a bit higher up. I'd love to see him prove himself this series. Hoping for a big contribution for Junaid or Cheema. Whoever plays, needs to make a serious impact because I'm not feeling Gul having a matchwinning innings. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I think our spinners will take 15 of the 2 wickets. :ajmal :rehman

And any update about the weather?

I don't understand why Afaq Raheem is not even being mentioned in the possibles

Although I have no idea of all three but why are FI and AD the only possibilities and not AR

Afaq Raheem vs Faisal Iqbal vs Mohammad Ayub Dogar.

One has to assume that Faisal Iqbal will take the spot. I would hope it isn't him and they go with Afaq Raheem or Dogar.

Faisal has a 70% chance, and Ayub has a 30% cgance. They won't go with Afaq because picking him will wreck the team's batting line-up. And Random Aussie, you actually an Aussie?

Anyways, toss in 15 minutes.

Isn't it a bit too late for your Square Drive on a week night? Or you don't have school/work tomorrow? :p

Hafeez , Taufeq, Younis, Azhar, Asad, Ayub, Adnan, Ajmal ,Rehman
Gul and Junaid

Good team selection.

Nice to see Junaid back, caused SL problems in UAE.

Ayub in team which is great, sorry bhanja your services on the field not required, you can however bring on the drinks.

Chasing? Rain at Galle? I think Pakistan's best bet is a draw. Expect SL to be strangled by Ajmal and Rehman for two days before Pakistan shuts shop.

Chasing? Rain at Galle? I think Pakistan's best bet is a draw. Expect SL to be strangled by Ajmal and Rehman for two days before Pakistan shuts shop.

No Misbah to shut up. Most likely we will crumble under pressure if pitch has demons in it.

It will be interesting to see how Hafeez does as the captain. I hope he makes the right bowling changes and uses himself a lot too. Our fast bowlers are not wicket takers. Go spinner, go Hafeez so we can get rid of Misbah as soon as possible

Sl bat, we never seem to win the toss! Come on Pakistan. Need some quick early wickets.

I think Pakistan would do good in batting department since Misbah is not playing, he chokes all energy from everyone and then we choke, you have to rotate strike even in test matches. Hope young players play their style instead of just trying to play out there

Good team selection. Can't wait to see Junaid bowling again!
Good luck team Pakistan :)

Pitch is hard, Srilanka is making pitches for fast bowler, they are scared of our spinners. Please Hafeez start with yourself for 2 overs, just to see.

Not much on offer for the bowlers. If it doesn't spin, we're in for a long day.

Hope Hafeez is bold enough to make the change, I hope he does not follow the script and change it after 10 overs

Not much in the pitch so far for the seamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back