Sri Lanka v Pakistan | T20 | Colombo | 12/8/09

Listen guys you come out with so many silly comments. Why have you so much hatered for Imran. He scores runs whenever he steps out on the field. You can only know one thing criticise. He scored more runs then Akmal ( he got bowled) nobidy cricticised him. Why double standards.

You want him to play a test match in a T20? Ever heard of a term called 'pinch-hitter'?

Damn Matthews on. Should have been in when Nazir was going great guns

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter what you guyz say. he has scored 40 runs. suck it up guyz

Imran's onslaught has meant these two can play at a run-a-ball now without worrying about the rate too much

xkalibur we could as well be 15-3 here, but an ungrateful moron like you doesn't understand that perhaps...

I'm with the Sri Lankans on this one, you don't run overthrows after the ball hits your bat

Rudi hater said:
Listen guys you come out with so many silly comments. Why have you so much hatered for Imran. He scores runs whenever he steps out on the field. You can only know one thing criticise. He scored more runs then Akmal ( he got bowled) nobidy cricticised him. Why double standards.

I resent Akmal as much as I resent NAzir.....I am the biggest Fawad Alam fan but I wouldn't include him in T20 after his ODI showings. Fact is that Nazir hasn't improved and should not be included in any of the squads. We have better prospects than him.

I am sure if you give that many chances to Ajmal, he will score a 50 too!

coca-cola said:
xkalibur we could as well be 15-3 here, but an ungrateful moron like you doesn't understand that perhaps...
The gentleman also thinks that if a batsman gets three-four chances, he should just walk off in protest :yk

GLORY OF '92 said:
whats jaya saying mohsin?

Afridi taking a quic single, fielder throws the ball and Afridi getting in tried to shield himself but the ball hits him and bobles away. Afridi comes back for a second run and Jayawarne starts with Afridi, 'why u running' etc etc (i assume).

He walked upto Afridi and starting shuting when lala was about to come back from the second run.

GLORY OF '92 said:
whats jaya saying mohsin?

Afridi took a single, the throw hit his bat and deflected away and they took another run

Big Mac said:
I'm with the Sri Lankans on this one, you don't run overthrows after the ball hits your bat
Well Afridi was coming back, he just didn't think about it and kept running. That's what he told Mahela to STFU, i am going back.

tauseefm said:
Doesn't matter what you guyz say. he has scored 40 runs. suck it up guyz
exactly for those who have nothing better but pure hatred for the guy. 40 guys suck it up. :iamlegend :iamlegend

These SLns are such cry babies I mean if your throw is bad enough to hit batsmans shoulder he has every right to take over throws.

I am surprised nobody has started "Drop Kamran akmal" thread yet. I can't figure out why people hate Imran Nazir? If Fawad was getting these chances then they would be saying "wah wah kaya bat hay. aj to bari kismat hay fawad ki. 40 runs banay hain. mashallah"..lol 2 face posters

Good old PP haters. Always seem to find one person to target per match. Imran Nazir is the lucky one today.

8.3 Mathews to Shahid Afridi, 1 run, short of a length just outside off, chopped down behind point for a single, a throw at the non-striker's end catches Afridi on the back and they try to take another run on the deflection but decide against it

Jayawardene is arguing with Afridi for attempting the extra run but Sangakkara intervenes to cut off the tension

Inswinger said:
Good old PP haters. Always seem to find one person to target per match. Imran Nazir is the lucky one today.

Woah hold on, we havent bowled yet.

Rana, Razzaq, Rao! We have a choice today!

Inswinger said:
Well Imran is not lucky coz even though he scored more runs than anyone else he was still getting the flack from these blind posters.

I am no fan of Nazir and even i know he is a MUST in T20, no argument about that. For ODIs i'll take him for now until a good opener comes around or Butt finds his form back.

I think xkalibur's chaddi is on fire because Fawad hasn't been considered for this match
LOL!

Seriously though nazir did his job. Also it's not aus its SL so whats ur point.

Gooner said:
No one is hating Nazir for what he did but it's the way he went about getting those runs. If this was Australia, he would have been long gone.
Gone about getting 40 instead of duck. :)))

Even a mishit from Afridi goes for a SIX :O:O:O
I thought he would be caught just outside the circle but it went for SIX:O

Afridi does not feel heat. His skin is fire resistant. He is just playing to the situation and knows 160 is decent.

I am going to mute the tv right now.. our pathatic coach is talking!

Rudi hater said:
exactly for those who have nothing better but pure hatred for the guy. 40 guys suck it up. :iamlegend :iamlegend

The only problem is that few us here understand cricket and are not very convinced with the way he scored those runs. He could easily have been out cheaply had Malinga held on that dolly!

coca-cola said:

That's right.....I would rather see that than Nazir being persisted with after 40 runs that he scored today.

And Usman - no my chaddi is not on fire because Fawad Alam being dropped today - We have a good line up for today's game!

Nazir haters, go open another thread. Lets move on shall we? There is a partnership going on here!

fawad_wellwisher said:
The only problem is that few us here understand cricket and are not very convinced with the way he scored those runs. He could easily have been out cheaply had Malinga held on that dolly!

I Am with you brother! Stick it to them!

Afridi and Akmal playing very sensibly. 7 RPO at this stage is all we need after the Nazir carnage

fawad_wellwisher said:

well if you understand cricket then what are ur thoughts about our strong bating lineups performance against the SL in the first 2 test matches and also in ODI's. I would pick Nazir on those shaky legs any day. At least we r not wasting balls

fawad_wellwisher said:
I have played cricket more than your entire life. If you understand cricket try telling selctors, coach, captain and rest of Pakistan not to select him. I know how he playes cricket and what cricket is. Imran Nazir is rather like Afridi thats what you don't understand. I am not saying play him in tests..

Back