Sri Lanka v Pakistan | T20 | Colombo | 12/8/09

IAJ

T20I Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Still more than 7 hours left to the match but I came very early to work today so I can watch the battle later today InshaAllah. Idhar kaam pe tou koi bandha hi nahi, ajeeb lag raha hai.

Looking forward to see how Afridi fares as captain. Explosive knocks from the "danger trio" Afridi, U.Akmal and Imran Nazir are much needed today.

One thing is for sure, Younis Khan wont be playing this match, but for the rest of the team we have to wait till the toss.

Last edited:
A lot of strong comments I'm hearing about Malik in the squad............hope it doesn't go that way and Razzaq gets the place.

Razzaq is still injured so he's out of contention. As is Gul.

Sri lanka will be keen for world cup final revenge!

iZeeshan said:
Razzaq is still injured so he's out of contention. As is Gul.

I think razzaq will be playing today.. the reason being is.. well just look at the pic .. why else would he be practicing?

Attachments

• 89741145.jpg
    89741145.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 262
cricket47 said:
I think razzaq will be playing today.. the reason being is.. well just look at the pic .. why else would he be practicing?

Well he has to practise if he wana get fit againg, dont you agree?
And you can practise if you are let us say 50 % fit, but you can not compete in an international match beeing half-fit.

But if he is 100 % fit then I would have loved to see him smash a couple of straight sixers :)

Last edited:
cricket47 said:

What the heck are they looking at ;/ ?

IAJ said:
Yeh tasweer pe itne kale kion dikahi de rahe hain?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yycWA81Zsi8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yycWA81Zsi8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shoaib Malik, with 527 runs, is third on the all-time run-getters' list in Twenty20 internationals. He is set to overtake No. 2 Kevin Pietersen (529) while Brendon McCullum has a healthy lead with 689 runs.

LOL, I deleted that comment just after posting it so you must be a quick man Mr Ahmed Zulfiqar.
There are so many different ppl here tou maine soucha koi mind i na kar jaye so i deleted it :)

o koi gaal nahi yaar :)

hehe, what can I say, it was the 1st thing that came to mind

cricket47 said:

what a picture.... the destructive 5!

Is that Kamran Akmal putting his gloves on? Seems to be metamorphosing into Rao

On_the_up said:
Is that Kamran Akmal putting his gloves on? Seems to be metamorphosing into Rao

That is Umar Akmal.

Pakistan win the toss and bat first. Yousuf and YK not playing, Razzaq and Malik replaces them both. Fawad Alam sits this one out

Usman Chadda said:
Pakistan win the toss and bat first. Yousuf and YK not playing, Razzaq and Malik replaces them both. Fawad Alam sits this one out

Poor Fawad...I feeel sorry for this guy..is he really injured?

What a shame, Fawad Alam sits this one out and making way for Malik!

HuZi said:
Shoaib Malik, with 527 runs, is third on the all-time run-getters' list in Twenty20 internationals. He is set to overtake No. 2 Kevin Pietersen (529) while Brendon McCullum has a healthy lead with 689 runs.

Yet some crazy people want him dropped!

Pakistan have won the toss and opted to bat. Afridi says he's not a bit nervous leading his team for the first time. Abdul Razzaq is back, so is Shoaib Malik. Seven batsmen for Sri Lanka and Murali, Thushara and Malinga are all in.

Some sane people should have checked Malik´s recent performance before looking at the stats!

Too may bowlers in the team. I thought Nasir should have been there inplace of Rao

some big hitters in this lineup, get ready for some fireworks, pakistan won the toss and decided to bat

Probably our best T20 team apart from..
umar gul for ifti
misbah for fawad

Solid looking Pakistan team ... packed with plenty of match winners in this form of the game

just dont understand the logic behind playing so many bowlers, why not give nasir a go as well.

Wow...That is a packed team. 8 potential bowlers, 6 regualars...Afridi is going to have a tough time deciding who wont bowl out their 4 overs if they all perform.

sehsan said:
just dont understand the logic behind playing so many bowlers, why not give nasir a go as well.

They are all rounders razzaq afridi rana malik we are covered in both areas batting and bowling in T20 thats what you need.

Akmal gone! First ball looking to heave Kulasekara out of the ground!

Pakistan 0-1 :pissed:

what on earth was that swipe....what sort of a shot was that....

Malik and Pakistan off the makr

Nazir on strike. Hold on to your hats guys!

I think Nazir's just figuered out how different this will be from the ICL.

Malik off the mark! Blimey I expected Imran to go for the slogs, Kami screwed that up! :pissed:

CricnPak said:
I think Nazir's just figuered out how different this will be from the ICL.
Yep. The look on his face after Kamran's dismissal said it all.

Malik will end up putting too much pressure on nazir to hit out

Now someone please start a thread asking why Tushara is waring Mirando's shirt!!!

WIth no Younis and Yusuf Pakistan will go big or get out at 90

Easy catch dropped by Malinga, Nazir is lucky to get another life.
It will be criminal if he doesn't make the most of it.

Malik SLAPPED ( SSSLLAAPPPEEDD) Thushara for a straight FOUR.

11-1

Great shot from Malik, just bludgeons the ball with a flat bat right past the bowler at head height

Back