Pakistan Zindabad :14:

oh its un19 tour of sri............final? i didnt knew hope pak wins it

Ryankhan said:
oh its un19 tour of sri............final? i didnt knew hope pak wins it

Yup buddy....
Pakistan Under-19s 120/2 (31.5 ov)

Pakistan Under-19s 162/4 (40.5 ov)

* Pakistan Under-19s RR 3.96

i think they are going very slow but good to see they got wickets in hand and last 10 overs could be huge for pakistan. anything to 250+ would be nice.

Final: Sri Lanka Under-19s v Pakistan Under-19s at Colombo (PSS), Dec 8, 2009
Pakistan Under-19s 209 (49.2 ov)
Sri Lanka Under-19s 20/0 (2.0 ov)
Batsmen R B 4s 6s
*Andri Berenger 1 7 0 0
Bhanuka Rajapaksa 15 6 3 0

so they started hitting right away

SL U19 are 78/2 (19.5 overs)

They require 132 runs from 181 deliveries with 8 wickets remaining

We need a couple of wickets here to slow them down

inshallah pakistan will win. Junaid Ilyas & Usman Qadir are bowling well, hopefully Ahmed Shahzad will bowl good aswell bcoz Junaid has only 3 overs left and Usman only 2.

sunnysheikh420 said:
:ahmeds Ahmed Shahzad strikes in his first over :14:

arrray bhai he is not ahmed shezad its *Shahzaib Ahmed (lb) don,t you know ahmed shezad is not even the team right now

Muzammil nizam strike in first over and a maiden over 114/6 in 31.0 over

Where is Equinox and I thought Bangladesh were guaranteed to win this tournament?

189-8...21 runs in 25 balls with 2 wickets left

Some damn batsman is still there after scoring a 50...Pak might lose this one

I hope we have other players to bring in before the world cup mext month. With this team I'm afraid we wont last long in the world cup. Hope Ahmed Shehzad plays the world cup so we can have a better batting lineup.

Lanka win the game by 1 wicket.

Pakistani batsmen failed to deliver in the series, bowling was our main weapon but it's always tough to beat Lanka at home.
As i have said earlier, this U19 team lacks good fast bowlers and that's the biggest reason we are unable to DOMINATE the opposition.
We were playing 3 frontline spinners alongwith Ahmed Shehzad who can also be considered a very good spinner at this level. We played one part time medium pacer (Hammad Azam) and other (Sarmad Bhatti) was never a STRIKE bowler untill recently.

There were few small contributions from many batsmen inluding Ghumman but this sort of bowling and batting will never win us next U19 WC.

Congrats to both team. Well contested game.
Hash said:
Where is Equinox and I thought Bangladesh were guaranteed to win this tournament?
There is nothing garanteed in cricket. The rain has robbed us at some point. We beat this SL team in the last match quiet easily.

http://www.cricinfo.com/srilanka/engine/current/match/429525.html

All four subcontinent teams should do good in the WC at NZ. Asian semi-finals is not out of the equation.

See you all at the WC.

Hash said:
So were Pakistan? But what happened here? What's with the obsession with me...jeez

Congrats to Sri Lanka.

muhammad saad said:
Honestly speaking our this U19 team is by far the weakest of all others in the last 4-6 years.
they'll still probably beat the senior team

Equinox said:
So were Pakistan? But what happened here? What's with the obsession with me...jeez

Congrats to Sri Lanka.
At least Pakistan made it to the finals

Where and when is the next U19 WC? Any ideas on the stronger teams?

Zahid87 said:
Where and when is the next U19 WC? Any ideas on the stronger teams?

Its next year and is taking place in New Zealand. (I think)

Pretty soon then. Any idea on who are favourites? I know we are always there or thereabouts.

Zahid87 said:
Pretty soon then. Any idea on who are favourites? I know we are always there or thereabouts.
India and Pakistan are always the favourites in U19 World Cups.

Remember that Ahmed Shehzad didn't play in this series. I didn't see his name though some1 here is saying that Shahzaib Ahmed is Ahmed Shehzad.

With Ahmed Shehzad in the top order our batting will be very good so we will be prepared
before the world cup.

And you never know, pakistan might get som other new faces in for the wc.

muhammad saad said:
Honestly speaking our this U19 team is by far the weakest of all others in the last 4-6 years.
again judging through scorecards? :jm

Back