Sri Lanka v Pakistan | T20 | Colombo | 12/8/09

Afridi comes down the track but doesn't connect

Pakistan 96/3 in 12 overs

Razzaq, Rana and Misbah still to come

Umar Akmal is a true find after Aamer.....Afridi playing sensibly?? I guess the captaincy did the trick for him

Gooner said:
No one is hating Nazir for what he did but it's the way he went about getting those runs. If this was Australia, he would have been long gone.

yes but australia suck at 20/20...and 20/20 is all about batting exactly the way nazir does...his good luck that some decisions went in favour of him...
on another day he'd be given out wrongly for nothing, or he may score a faultless 50 off 25 balls..

Full toss on the pads and Afridi dismisses it from his presence for a boundary! We can get 200 if either of Afridi, Akmal, Razzaq and Rana go berserk at the end!

fawad_wellwisher said:
The only problem is that few us here understand cricket and are not very convinced with the way he scored those runs. He could easily have been out cheaply had Malinga held on that dolly!
Could have, would have, should have. Really doesn't matter. What matters is the runs that are on the board.

Wonderful player is Umar Akmal. Can play either side of the wicket.

Oh what a shot by Akmal after that scare! Great shot through the covers for a four! Brilliant placement

Afridi screaming 'ek ek' next ball :))

200 is on the cards....Afridi and Umar looking good here....Umar should be sent at 4 going forth....MoYos days are done!

Another brilliant shot by AKMAL
4 off his pads
Wow he is talented

Akmal is cheeky cheeky player :D What placement, flicks the ball between short leg and the deep square leg fielder for a four

Current partnership 50 runs, 5.1 overs, RR: 9.67 (Shahid Afridi 21, Umar Akmal 28)
Pak 109-3 after 13 overs @ 8.38

so all those that were favoring Nazir....please help me understand how Umar has a strike rate of 175 without any brainless hitting!!! I rest my case!

And another FOUR, similar shot and similar result.

These two boundaries off Murali remind WC final, Afridi played exactly similar shots for FOUR

Waseem said:
And another FOUR, similar shot and similar result.

These two boundaries off Murali remind WC final, Afridi played exactly similar shots for FOUR

Looks like Afridi has Murli all figured out!

Should be looking to get 185 or so from here

hope misbah is in the side just to make up the numbers. razza should come in next.

gollumbird said:
Luck has nothing to do with it. All shots played are proper cricketing shots.
You haven't watched the full game then.

BLOODY HELL! How the heck does this Matthews guy get wickets with these trundlers?! :pissed:

Akmal gone trying to play the scoop shot over the keeper

What the hell was that from Akmal? No need for that at all

xkalibur80 said:
so all those that were favoring Nazir....please help me understand how Umar has a strike rate of 175 without any brainless hitting!!! I rest my case!
You would not understand, Imran and Umar are two different players, Umar is more selective Nazir isn't but that does not give you any justification to dish him even when he scored runs. So tell me why Kamran Akmal got a duck first ball? I rest my case.. you don't understand cricket and each individual player.

Bad shot there. No reason to improvise there.

Mathews should be fined for that gesture.

Well played Akmal. He played his part well. Time for the rest to play their part.

Waseem said:
You haven't watched the full game then.

Luck is a big part of 20/20, it's all in the nature of the game.

Some will discount it when it benefits their favourites, yet will condemn others for it when things go in their favour

Back