Sri Lanka v Pakistan | T20 | Colombo | 12/8/09

That's what you need Razzaq you OLD beauty!!!
Full toss hit for a FASHT four

Oh dear. Mahela misfielding allowing a boundary!

Next ball, a full toss and Razzaq dispatches it for another four over midwicket

fawad_wellwisher said:
Which answers your question why the selectors will select him for the next tour as well. Like you they really don't the in depth analysis but instead go with misleading stats!

Please continue to deceive yourself!
I am not decieving myself but know exactly what Imran is capable of. To leave him out of T20 is criminal offence. And by the way your Fawad has not got hope in hell to excell in T20.

I love it, Kulasekara has dominated us and it's good to see him going for runs.

Good save by Mahela this time but another 2

Smashed over cover once again, Mahela fields well on the boundary this time and saves a certain four. Outfield slowing down though

Next ball Razzaq smacks a full toss straight down the ground to long off, single

One by Misbah 14 off the over and it's 165-5

Misbah needs to either take a run or SMASH the ball, no cutie shots now.

will be tough of malinga, i think kulasekara had an over left but they even gave malinga priority.

1 run off the first ball, come on Razzaq. It's all yours!!!

DAM IT!!! Misbah on strike for the last over! Not what we need!

Slower ball, missed by Razzaq.

Revenge time Razzler, you have lost some power but you need to give it back to Malinga

Rudi hater said:
I am not decieving myself but know exactly what Imran is capable of. To leave him out of T20 is criminal offence. And by the way your Fawad has not got hope in hell to excell in T20.

Well since you are a believer of mislieading stats, here is something for you

Fawad ave = 32 and S/R 164

Nazir ave. = 25 and S/R 150

Do you really know your cricket?

Damn, another slow ball missed by Razzaq and Misbah is on strike.
Misbah misses a slow one as well :(

fawad_wellwisher, you are getting annoying now. The guy made 40, go in a corner and cry. The rest of us are watching a match here!

Misbah DROPPED by Jayawardene on the boundary, should have run 2
172/5

Good total even though we could have done better.

Well played PAKISTAN.

We have enough bowling options to defend this ( hopefully!!!)

Misbah messed up the last two deliveries big time! Should have taken a two, lazy stuff

Still a good enough total. 172/5 should be very competitive. The onus is on the Lankans to go after the bowling now

173 to win will be tough. Pakistans bowlers will need to bowl well and fielders will need to back them up.

Raan should have been sent in ahead of Misbah ... replace Misbah with Fawad and that is the complete T20 outfit!

Usman Chadda said:
fawad_wellwisher, you are getting annoying now. The guy made 40, go in a corner and cry. The rest of us are watching a match here!

come on I was having some fun with Rudi Hater. I have always said Nazir should be in the 20/20 team. :)

fawad_wellwisher said:
Well since you are a believer of mislieading stats, here is something for you

Fawad ave = 32 and S/R 164

Nazir ave. = 25 and S/R 150

Do you really know your cricket?
More so then you know your cricket mate. I know and see Fawad as a stop gap, He is not talented enough to last for too long. He is very limited and aweful technique.

Osman said:
Raan should have been sent in ahead of Misbah ... replace Misbah with Fawad and that is the complete T20 outfit!

i like it, just what i was thinking 2

depends on jsuriya and the start. if they get off to a flier then they have a good chance but it will be tough against the spinners. Aamir is key- get some early wickets lad.

fawad_wellwisher said:
come on I was having some fun with Rudi Hater. I have always said Nazir should be in the 20/20 team. :)
Apologies if those were your intentions but it does get annoying after a while. There are 10 other players playing today aswell! Just be happy Nazir managed to give us a decent start

Osman said:
And have Gul instead of Rao. Strong team on paper for the next T20 WC.

i think pakistan should have enough on the board. if they cant defend this its unlikely they would of defended 180-185 or something.

A brilliant inning by Razzaq as well but did someone notice that his shots had absolutely no power. He hit a few shots with full power but they were merely reaching the boundary, he is very strong on the off side but there were no CRACKING shots. Akmal hit a couple of CRACKING shots, i think age is catching up with Razzaq for sure.

Pakistan with 7 bowlers (Aamer, rana, rao, razzaq, afridi, ajmal, malik) should defend 172 easily unless jayasurya plays a blinder!!

even though Razzak got a decent score under his belt he wasn't convinvcing. I mean there was just no power in his shots.

As for Misbah. Either give him time to settle and send him earlier or dont make him play at all. Hes just wasting a good hitters spot batting that low

*sallu* said:
even though Razzak got a decent score under his belt he wasn't convinvcing. I mean there was just no power in his shots.

As for Misbah. Either give him time to settle and send him earlier or dont make him play at all. Hes just wasting a good hitters spot batting that low
Yeah. We need another powerful hitter for that spot. Maybe someone like Sheryar Ghani or Azhar Ali. I might even go with Nasir Jamshed. I feel Fawad won't be much better at that spot than Misbah, although he could be a great addition as a fielder and a consolidator in case of a collapse.

Back