Sri Lanka vs Pakistan | 3rd ODI | Colombo | 13/6/2012 | Pakistan Innings

7.55pm Umpires are out on the field for an inspection. Dav Whatmore can be seen having a chat with them

Pretty sure Whatmore won't be persuading them to play a T20.

8.15pm Nothing official about this, but people at the ground are expecting a resumption at 8.30pm

8.15pm Nothing official about this, but people at the ground are expecting a resumption at 8.30pm

:facepalm:

8.15pm Nothing official about this, but people at the ground are expecting a resumption at 8.30pm cricinfo

Tony Greig tweets: Umpires will make a decision one way or the other in 15 minutes. It will be a 20 over match or it will be called off.

If the match is called off, then pakistan may have escaped.

There is no point making it a 20 over match because its probably going to rain again

It'll rain again, no doubt about it.

10 minutes to resumption or the game is over.

Huge disadvantage for us if the game resumes. Most probably it will be reduced to 20 - 22 overs per side. And the position we are in, it'll take some effort to reach even 130. Don't think the revised target would benfit us much.

Seen as though Misbah hasnt faced a ball yet, can we sneakily swap him for afridi or umar Akmal if game resumes.

20 over match means we've lost. 6 overs wasted. 2 wickets gone. I hope its a washout

Last edited:
Might as well re-start game as a T20 ;) Toss up again :)

Not much activity with the players... Few SL players hanging around outside.no warm ups yet... Not a good sign

8.30pm Umpires are out on the field again. We can expect a call soon. The reserve umpire and the curator have spent the last 15 minutes chatting by the pitch

Umpires are out on the field again. We can expect a call soon. The reserve umpire and the curator have spent the last 15 minutes chatting by the pitch

I reckon the game has been abandoned. We're past the schedule mark and yet no play.

Nothing yet, not good news. The outfield must be pretty damp and Ashoka is never happy walking on to the field of play to resume.

8.30pm Umpires are out on the field again. We can expect a call soon. The reserve umpire and the curator have spent the last 15 minutes chatting by the pitch

Umpires are out on the field again. We can expect a call soon. They have called the captains down for a conference. Coaches too

Looks like they're about to call it off. Mini conference on the pitch

8.30pm Umpires are out on the field again. We can expect a call soon. They have called the captains down for a conference. Coaches too

I'm sick and tired of watching this Zee cafe channel. They should at least show some past cricket but instead bollywood songs or news in Hindi which I can't understand.

20:35 local time: Looks like the match has been called off. One has to wait for the official confirmation.

8.37pm The match has been called off. So it's Pakistan 1, Sri Lanka 1 and Rain 1

8.37pm The match has been called off. So it's Pakistan 1, Sri Lanka 1 and Rain 1

rain has stopped long time ago n these umpires r just standing there wasting time

It's the new era of protecting the players on a wet/damp outfield. Umpires don't want to take the risk of playing on a surface which could cause a player a serious injury. If the players know how to dive properly, it shouldn't be a major problem.

We got saved today. But unfortunately, next game we'll have the same lineup and are doomed.

On a side note finnysteve:
In the dentists waiting room, about to have the injection. Nervous to say the least! Hope I haven't got too many bogeys up my hooter today

Back