Sri Lanka vs Pakistan | Colombo (SSC)| 07/02/12 | 2nd Test | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Square Drive

Test Star
Runs
Very exciting day coming up in about 1 hour. Let's hope it doesn't rain. Sri Lanka need another 281 with 9 wickets to avoid the follow-on. Any updates about the current weather?

What have we got saved for the rainy day?

9.35 am The sky is getting gloomier and gloomier, the pitch is back under covers. The start is officially delayed now, till 1015 am.

Ah well, draw it seems. We can hope the rain stays away, but I doubt it will stay away for long.

Yep heavy rain is forecast for the whole of today and tomorrow. There simply isn't going to be time to bowl Lanka out twice. How I wish this rain came in the last match!

Yep heavy rain is forecast for the whole of today and tomorrow. There simply isn't going to be time to bowl Lanka out twice. How I wish this rain came in the last match!
You are so right!

10 am The sun is finally coming out, announces Kanishkaa, our man at the SSC

Good news...

@rgcricket: Sangakkara has now scored most runs vs Pak in Tests, goes past Sunil Gavaskar's tally of 2,089 runs.Took only 15 mts vs Sunny's 24

Pakistan actually could have cornered SL after a good performance with the bat, but destiny had other plans in store.

This remaining part of the match is a mere formality. Can both captains agree to a draw on the 4th day of a match??

Pakistan actually could have cornered SL after a good performance with the bat, but destiny had other plans in store.

This remaining part of the match is a mere formality. Can both captains agree to a draw on the 4th day of a match??

it was never gonna happen.it's Colombo SSC. bowlers go to die on this wicket.

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

it was never gonna happen.it's Colombo SSC. bowlers go to die on this wicket.

I know it's not a wicket where sides can get through the opposition batsmen in a herd. But just a suggestion that the sheer weight of runs behind would have helped Pakistan trouble SL. A psychological advantage to Pakistan could not be denied here, had it not rained that much.

One wicket is all you need to open the door.

Pakistani bowlers are going to hurt their averages from this match

Looking at the scorecard, it seems as if this is one of those genuinely crap games of cricket that woud even put an ardent cricket fan off from watching. Test Cricket should be banned from being played on roads like this Colombo track.

ANY t20 league game > a test match on Colombo SSC. i would rather watch 3 hrs of batsman bashing bowlers than 5 days of batsmen bashing bowlers. i love test cricket but it's pitches like these....

Serious **** poor test surface, ICC should look at pitches like this and ban them from being used in test cricket.

i don't give a damn what constitutes good cricket but i would rather watch cricket on substandard pitches than on 'good' pitches like these. uncovered pitches FTW

Serial killers should be summoned as bowlers on this pitch. This would be a better punishment than hanging them.
One of the worst pitches ive ever witnessed.

No need bowling our pacers or spinners any longer, just give the part-timers the ball.

It's clear to me SL are just gonna bat out today and tomorrow and make the bowlers toil.

why not have azhar bowl man its useless pitch, pitches like this should be banned.

Its quite mysterious why Misbah never bowls Azhar apart from the only time he bowled and got Sanga

Anyway this match is probably the deadest boringest match ever

These flat pitches should be banned

Someone at cricinfo :

SSC = Sanctuary to Score Centuries.

Enough said.

Worst pitch ever, I suspected it when Hafeez made 196 but it's even worse.

Chishti said it reminded him of Faisalabad and his old story (I've listened to it once) was more interesting than the match

wow hilarious qadir impression from Azhar Ali.

Does anyone knows if the two captains have ever agreed to a draw on the fourth day of a test match??

That would atleast save the bowlers from such tormentation :facepalm:

Wont be shocked if SL order a smiliar dead surface for last game in Pakelle.

No wnder even when Sri lanka are winning, they are consdiered one of the most boring sides in the world (at least in test cricket)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back