Super 8 qualification scenarios for Pakistan in ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Usman and Fakhar throwing their wickets away like that was a huge reason we scored a below par total. Babar's batting was also one of the worst T20 innings I have seen in a long time.
What’s the best T20 innings you have seen?

Guyss dont be suprised if pakistan goes on to win this whole worldcup. highly unlikely but if they have hit such a low they do always coneback not sure about this team though but if it was pakistan of old they would have comeback

Guyss dont be suprised if pakistan goes on to win this whole worldcup. highly unlikely but if they have hit such a low they do always coneback not sure about this team though but if it was pakistan of old they would have comeback
Pakistan hasn't won a single tournament that hasn't included some quadrat ki nizam.

While it is true England got lucky in 2019, and Australia in 2023, they never relied on outside factors.

1992 was lost if rain didn't come in, Same case with 2017 if rain didn't give a drs victory in sa game

This time around, throw the calculators away. Because qualifying to super 8 might save Babar and group. If they lose against India, no way in hell they deserve to go to super 8s. Losing against USA alone should be enough. Babar and co. got saved by netherland after a humiliating loss against Zimbabwe, this is why this buffoon was continued with. But a first round crash is needed to get him out of captaincy once and for all.

Pakistan hasn't won a single tournament that hasn't included some quadrat ki nizam.

While it is true England got lucky in 2019, and Australia in 2023, they never relied on outside factors.

1992 was lost if rain didn't come in, Same case with 2017 if rain didn't give a drs victory in sa game
What about 2009? The always theory falls flat with the Wt20 2009 victory.

Yeah, India should stop playing cricket if they lose a game to these bunch of jokers.

I think this might be one of the first few times that even Pakistan fans might protest and support India against their own country for this particular game.

This cricket team has done a lot of damage to our reputation over the years, but this was the zenith. Surely they cannot go down from here and start losing games to Italy or Argentina in the near future?
This current team has the capability to lose against any team. Theres no guarantee with them in terms of winning a match.

What about 2009? The always theory falls flat with the Wt20 2009 victory.
You are correct, I forgot about that.

2009 was the best because it was led by a captain who was such a massive ego head, he made an entire team of ego heads look like spring chickens.

It takes one heck of a man to be able to shut the likes of afridi, Misbah etc up. This dude literally had the gall in the final to look at misbah and say No you a bottler, Get your pads off, Afridi is going.

YK gelled a team, their was no dosti yaari culture and the whole team was filled with superstars in their primes.

Although I understand why oathgate happened. These types of captains are needed for one tournament, 4 years can't be spent with em

People out with the calculators, what if Pakistan loses to Ireland and Canada? Which is a very possible scenario lol

I know it's highly unlikely but IF Pakistan beat India on Sunday

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's highly unlikely but IF Pakistan beat India on Sunday
If Pakistan beats India it'll be because NY pitch is absolutely dreadful. Pakistan can win if they bowl first.

Otherwise India is washing them. Even if Pakistan bowls first its unlikely that they'll win. This pitch has uneven bounce but rohit even at 37 is one of the best pull shot players in the world, Also hitman absolutely punishes full tosses.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah brother hopefully we need this tournament win to gain back some sort of dignity. otherwise pak cricket will die

Naw, if we don't exit S8 then nothing will change.

As long as babar is captain, Wahab riaz is honestly i don't even know what his role is them we are doomed.
We can only hope against hope. lol
we only have
Fakhar
Amir
imad
shaheen
naseem
abrar
there is no any t20 batter. in this team apart from fakhar and usman to some extent they must play saim atleast he is t20 batter if he perform or not that is another thing whole team is based on anchors and bits and pieces hopefully they can have one lucky day on this sunday and pull of the upset to gain back some dignity of the nation

we had better options although not likely they were gonna perform but we could have had team as

M haris
Saim
sahibzada
fakhar
agha salman
Imad(Captain)
Asif ali/ifti
Amir
shaheen
naseem/haris rauf/ameer jamal
abrar

this team is 100x better but as always our selectors are brainless
playing anchors like babar azam and rizwan who are clearly not suited to format

enjoy this rare moment of harmony before the next squad announcement turns Pakistan fans back into our usual bickering selves! 😂

Pakistan has to win all games in a row now basically to win the World Cup?

That’s 8 games in a row
it is easier for the obese to eat 8 Beef Burgers in a row than Pakistan winning 8 matches in a row. :ROFLMAO: Sorry but Pakistan are out of the world cup, its only a matter of 48 hours:ROFLMAO:

Pakistan is definitely losing to India. I'm afraid they might lose to Ireland as well.
Canada is supposed to be a stronger side than USA, they have been playing International cricket or some form of it for 2 decades

it is easier for the obese to eat 8 Beef Burgers in a row than Pakistan winning 8 matches in a row. :ROFLMAO: Sorry but Pakistan are out of the world cup, its only a matter of 48 hours:ROFLMAO:
I’ve worked out they need to win 6 out of 8 matches

They can lose one more in this group stage and one in the super 8s

NRR will matter for sure

I’ve worked out they need to win 6 out of 8 matches

They can lose one more in this group stage and one in the super 8s

NRR will matter for sure
firstly they need to win against india if they lose sunday its done and dusted

firstly they need to win against india if they lose sunday its done and dusted
Don’t think it’s that simple.

USA, Lose next 2 and end up on 4 points

Ireland, Lose to Pakistan and end up on 4 points

Pakistan, win their last 2 and end up on 4 points

It will 100% go down to nrr

If Ireland lose to USA, Pakistan are probably going out.

They MUST beat India on Sunday and not let it go there

Don’t think it’s that simple.

USA, Lose next 2 and end up on 4 points

Ireland, Lose to Pakistan and end up on 4 points

Pakistan, win their last 2 and end up on 4 points

It will 100% go down to nrr
usa is confident right now they surely can win against ireland

usa is confident right now they surely can win against ireland
Agreed. They dealt with Pakistan’s pace nicely

They weren’t threatened by Pakistan’s spin. Ireland have one spinner and he’s worse than Shadab. USA also have 2 decent left arm spinners. I think the only weak link they have is their 3rd seamer (with the durag) and their American Indian batsmen. Otherwise they are a decent side overall.

If Ireland lose to USA, Pakistan are probably going out.

They MUST beat India on Sunday and not let it go there
Yes. I think so as well. Pakistan will go out if they lose against India. As simple as that. The other scenario is too this and that.

Agreed. They dealt with Pakistan’s pace nicely

They weren’t threatened by Pakistan’s spin. Ireland have one spinner and he’s worse than Shadab. USA also have 2 decent left arm spinners. I think the only weak link they have is their 3rd seamer (with the durag) and their American Indian batsmen. Otherwise they are a decent side overall.
more about their mentality though than skills . they were extremely confident and didn’t look timid.

Yes. I think so as well. Pakistan will go out if they lose against India. As simple as that. The other scenario is too this and that.
Well, Ireland has a -3nrr, Pakistan is 0

Pakistan should finish above Ireland at least if they tie points. USA can also be crushed by India

Pakistan has a do or die game against India.

It is probably 75-80% India with the win, the only reason it is not higher is if Pakistan win the toss and bowl first on what looks to be a very tricky pitch.

Well, Ireland has a -3nrr, Pakistan is 0

Pakistan should finish above Ireland at least if they tie points. USA can also be crushed by India
NRR is in your control. Pakistan have the chance to catch up. But what's not in their hand is if they lose to India and then begin the Qudrat Ka Nizam.

Pakistan has a do or die game against India.

It is probably 75-80% India with the win, the only reason it is not higher is if Pakistan win the toss and bowl first on what looks to be a very tricky pitch.
If it's a tricky pitch and low total. A lot will rely on Babar and Rizwan.

NRR is in your control. Pakistan have the chance to catch up. But what's not in their hand is if they lose to India and then begin the Qudrat Ka Nizam.
At the very least, avoid a minus 3 nrr if you are to lose against India.

One step at a time

At the very least, avoid a minus 3 nrr if you are to lose against India.

One step at a time
I don't believe losing to India and then making a path. To me. You either win against them and kickstart your campaign or you lose and pack your bags to go home.

I don't believe losing to India and then making a path. To me. You either win against them and kickstart your campaign or you lose and pack your bags to go home.
Well, Kirsten and Co. Will look to find a way through instead of being run on emotions.

Don't forget that the rest of the teams in the group have to beat both Pakistan as well as its most accomplished expertise, that is "Qudrat Ka Nizam" to keep Pakistan out of super 8 qualifiers.

Very rigorous and challenging task to foil the later. :inti

If it's a tricky pitch and low total. A lot will rely on Babar and Rizwan.
Also on Fakhar Zaman, seeing as India don't seem like they'll play Kuldeep, so Axar and Jadeja are two left-arm spinners who Fakhar could target.

I reckon Babar will demote himself to #3 to accommodate Saim Ayub in the powerplay.

Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
Saim Ayub
Babar Azam
Usman Khan
Fakhar Zaman
Iftikhar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Naseem Shah
Mohammad Amir
Abrar Ahmed

That's the squad I'd go for to be honest.

Also on Fakhar Zaman, seeing as India don't seem like they'll play Kuldeep, so Axar and Jadeja are two left-arm spinners who Fakhar could target.

I reckon Babar will demote himself to #3 to accommodate Saim Ayub in the powerplay.

Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
Saim Ayub
Babar Azam
Usman Khan
Fakhar Zaman
Iftikhar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Naseem Shah
Mohammad Amir
Abrar Ahmed

They will play Kuldeep. It will be a big mistake if they don't. Pakistan have batters in the XI who can't seem to pick wrist spinner off the hand. Iftikhar is one of them

Is it true that if Pakistan doesn't make Super 8's , they will have to play the qualifiers for T20 World Cup 2026?

If that happens, I trust ICC to scrap this qualifying rule for Pakistan. They will never trust Pakistan to come out of the qualifying and they cannot afford to lose a Pakistan-India match.

Is it true that if Pakistan doesn't make Super 8's , they will have to play the qualifiers for T20 World Cup 2026?

If that happens, I trust ICC to scrap this qualifying rule for Pakistan. They will never trust Pakistan to come out of the qualifying and they cannot afford to lose a Pakistan-India match.
Pakistan-India match is useless for ICC now that Pakistan is making a habit of under-performing.

Who will want to buy into the hype of this pathetic team?

Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
Saim Ayub
Babar Azam
Usman Khan
Fakhar Zaman
Iftikhar Ahmed
Imad Wasim
Shaheen Shah Afridi
Naseem Shah
Mohammad Amir
Abrar Ahmed

no way they are dropping Shadab, especially after his batting in regular overs. even if he doesn't bowl. they will simply drop Azam for Imad if fit, and if not fit, then Azam for Saim, in which case, it will be interesting to see if Saim opens and where they put Fakhar / Usman.

They will play Kuldeep. It will be a big mistake if they don't. Pakistan have batters in the XI who can't seem to pick wrist spinner off the hand. Iftikhar is one of them
They will have to weigh it up to see if Kuldeep's bowling is worth losing the batting that Axar could offer on a low-scoring pitch.

But if Kuldeep plays, then I reckon Axar is left out.

Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Rishabh Pant
Suryakumar Yadav
Shivam Dube
Hardik Pandya
Ravindra Jadeja
Kuldeep Yadav
Jasprit Bumrah
Arshdeep Singh
Mohammad Siraj

Pakistan will need to dismiss the openers cheaply if they want to win this match. Rishabh Pant and Suryakumar Yadav are high-quality yet aggressive players, and on a tricky surface, bowling a tight line to them can get wickets for the team.

Shivam Dube is not the best against pace bowling, and on a track that could provide seam movement and uneven bounce, he could eat up deliveries to put pressure on the rest of the batting line-up.

Similarly, I am not entirely convinced with Hardik Pandya and Suryakumar Yadav playing against Abrar Ahmed. Hardik profits from a strong base allowing him to swing his arms through the ball, and given that Abrar is flatter through the air, so long as he cramps up the pads with appropriate protection on the leg-side, Pandya is not going to be charging down the pitch or playing the reverse sweep. In fact, Pandya does not usually play the conventional sweep either. For Suryakumar, it is more so to do with his stance than anything else, but Abrar and Imad will need to be on their best to counter this dynamic pair.

If Pakistan win, they have to bowl first and use match-ups to their advantage.

I would use the following bowlers for Pakistan:
- Shaheen Shah Afridi
- Mohammad Amir
- Imad Wasim
- Abrar Ahmed
- Naseem Shah

Shaheen, Naseem, and Imad will bowl two in the powerplay. In my opinion, Amir and Shaheen offer too much of a similar skillset to be used in the powerplay, and it would help to get Naseem to bowl earlier with the new ball to extract bounce and seam movement where available. Imad is a reliable operator in the powerplay, and if there's extra grass on the pitch, he could get it skid onto the pads of Sharma and Kohli.

Amir, Abrar, and Imad will be the predominant bowlers for the middle overs. Abrar is stump-to-stump, yet he has the variations and operates with a field different from what Imad Wasim typically uses, meaning that batsmen need to play squarer to him. Here, if required, one can get an over out of Iftikhar/Shadab, whichever of the two is playing.

no way they are dropping Shadab, especially after his batting in regular overs. even if he doesn't bowl. they will simply drop Azam for Imad if fit, and if not fit, then Azam for Saim, in which case, it will be interesting to see if Saim opens and where they put Fakhar / Usman.
In either case, if Azam is dropped for one of Saim or Imad (preferably Imad), it will give a much needed bowling option to the team.

I dont think they will go with Kuldeep, wicket of New York is a bit supportive for pacers so i think making 4-1 combo will work for India.

Ireland and India need to beat the US. And Pakistan need to beat Canada and Ireland handsomely.

Where is the musallah?

Only way is to beat Ind and the others.

Ireland ain't beating USA, so nrr goes out the window.

Highly doubt that happens and deservedly will be out of the world cup.

I was thinking the same think when I found about this. If pak have to play qualifying round their is no Gurantee they qualify, do not think ICC want to risk that

Yes it true but they'll scrap it. India vs Pakistan is a money making machine for them.

Heck their most viewed video on YouTube is worth a whopping 106M views and it's an India vs Pakistan game lol. Incontrast the final Australia vs India game only had 6M views.

It shows how profitable an India vs Pakistan game is

Yes it true but they'll scrap it. India vs Pakistan is a money making machine for them.

Heck their most viewed video on YouTube is worth a whopping 106M views and it's an India vs Pakistan game lol. Incontrast the final Australia vs India game only had 6M views.

It shows how profitable an India vs Pakistan game is

Wouldnt Babar and Rizwan be excited at playing qualifiers?

I mean Nepal, Uganda, Namibia, PNG etc is where Babar can score his 100s and Rizwan can be world class.

Wouldnt Babar and Rizwan be excited at playing qualifiers?

I mean Nepal, Uganda, Namibia, PNG etc is where Babar can score his 100s and Rizwan can be world class.
Let me rephrase, I don't want them to play qualifiers.

I'm speaking for pakistani fans, if you want your cricket to genuinely improve, then keep getting humilated for now.

It's for your own good, before creation comes destruction.

After t20 humiliation is over, go back to psl hybrid uae model, and only the coach should have all power. And the coach needs to be kristen or someone competent, if you go to misbah then Major L.

These pindi road pitches and these parchi systems and these selectors who select azam based of Ireland innings and ignore hard working domestic cricketers with consistent performances like qasim akram or saud shakeel deserve this humiliating treatment .

Sorry babar/rizwan/ misbah fans, your humiliation is for your own good

Or you could support another team of your choosing? You're not tied down to your country of birth bro, theirs no hard and fast rule.

If you look at this from an outsider perspective and not a patriotic perspective, This game and Nambia vs Oman have been the 2 best games of the tournament so far.
For better or worse, I consider being Pakistani a big part of who I am. And that applies especially to sports fandom because I am the farthest thing from a patriot.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I was born in Australia. I could very much do without the trauma of 2007, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 and now the latest addition to the collection.

But that's not my choice, it's just how it is. I was born a Pakistani and as long as I watch cricket, I will always be a Pakistan fan.

For better or worse, I consider being Pakistani a big part of who I am. And that applies especially to sports fandom because I am the farthest thing from a patriot.

Don't get me wrong, I wish I was born in Australia. I could very much do without the trauma of 2007, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 and now the freshest one.

But that's not my choice, it's just how it is. I was born a Pakistani and I will always be a Pakistan fan. And if I'm not a Pakistan fan sometime in the future then it probably means that I am maxed out on trauma and have stopped watching cricket altogether.
I 100% respect that. And I totally understand.

However think about it like this. You're a die hard loyal pakistani who loves the sport correct? Well you can also just love the sport in general. And enjoy matches in a chill way.

It'll help relax the overall mood and you'll have fun watching tournaments. Being a pakistan fan is very frustrating and stressful and one shouldn't have to deal with that.

But regardless, I understand where you're coming from. I'm totally the opposite, I just enjoy the game. Australia is my favourite team but even if they get butchered I don't mind it as much.

But yeah my advice is, just enjoy the game and support the love, cause alot of teams do support Pakistan and enjoy playing against them.

I 100% respect that. And I totally understand.

However think about it like this. You're a die hard loyal pakistani who loves the sport correct? Well you can also just love the sport in general. And enjoy matches in a chill way.

It'll help relax the overall mood and you'll have fun watching tournaments. Being a pakistan fan is very frustrating and stressful and one shouldn't have to deal with that.

But regardless, I understand where you're coming from. I'm totally the opposite, I just enjoy the game. Australia is my favourite team but even if they get butchered I don't mind it as much.

But yeah my advice is, just enjoy the game and support the love, cause alot of teams do support Pakistan and enjoy playing against them.
For me the two have always been interlinked. I was introduced to cricket as a Pakistan fan and that's something I take ownership in. Therefore I don't want to disassociate the two. I can enjoy cricket as a sport on its own. But Pakistan cricket is what adds the emotion. The moments of happiness and ecstasy may be few and far between but somehow they always seem worth it no matter how rare they are or much trauma and stress that are preceded or followed by.

For me the two have always been interlinked. I was introduced to cricket as a Pakistan fan and that's something I take ownership in. Therefore I don't want to disassociate the two. I can enjoy cricket as a sport on its own. But Pakistan cricket is what adds the emotion. The moments of happiness and ecstasy may be few and far between but somehow they always seem worth it no matter how rare they are or much trauma and stress that are preceded or followed by.
Bro you've made me Garner alot of respect for you, we disagree on discussions alot but I can genuinely see the passion unlike most others who don't really love the entirety and mostly want personal favourites.

Good going and keep up the passion XD. I hope Pakistan cricket improves and wins another trophy or manages to defend CT 2025. Fans as passionate as you defo deserve it.

Bro you've made me Garner alot of respect for you, we disagree on discussions alot but I can genuinely see the passion unlike most others who don't really love the entirety and mostly want personal favourites.

Good going and keep up the passion XD. I hope Pakistan cricket improves and wins another trophy or manages to defend CT 2025. Fans as passionate as you defo deserve it.
Appreciate it. I know that's not an easy thing to do because I can be pr!ckish and stand-offish at times. But I really do want this team to do well. Being a big fan of a mediocre team is never easy because you can see through the holes but still want to be optimistic.

Appreciate it. I know that's not an easy thing to do because I can be pr!ckish and stand-offish at times. But I really do want this team to do well. Being a big fan of a mediocre team is never easy because you can see through the holes but still want to be optimistic.

And yeah I don't really care about specific players being better than others. I wanna see Pakistan win and don't really care who plays a role in making that happen.
It's AlrightE brother. Water under the bridge.

Too early? :p

So here is the scenario that needs to happen:

India wins all games.
Usa losses to Ireland and India with big margins.
Canada loses to India and Pakistab
Pakistan wins against Canada and Ireland with one win coming of a huge margin.

If Usa wins one more game, we are out.

Man i know im a very shameless fan for this, but hey, just for the sake of it.

Didn’t knew Pakistan won’t even qualify from the easiest group of all . Another slap on Babar captaincy

India wins all games.

USA is not going to lose to Ireland. Pakistan on present form are not good enough to beat Ireland and Canada.

This teams needs a brutal reboot and if it requires an early T20 WC exit then so be it.

USA is not going to lose to Ireland. Pakistan on present form are not good enough to beat Ireland and Canada.

This teams needs a brutal reboot and if it requires an early T20 WC exit then so be it.

What reboot?

In response they will select some young players, given them a couple games, most likely agaisnt Australi in Australia. Those players will get smashed and all the paid propagandist journos and talk shows will scream about needing “experience” and the cycle will repeat

You, i and all everyone else have seen this movie many times

Pakistan has won three trophies 2 due to the genius of the players (92 and 09) and one due to the fact we had a coach who was modern, uncompromising and at the time in sync with the captain (17).

None of that is gonna happen now

India wins all games.

So .. all eyes on the decisive USA vs Ireland game. Other requisites are likely to materialise.

Why would you want this side to even qualify. This current team doesn't deserve this undying support from their fans. They never earned it.

You have to go hard and win the next two

Somehow overtake USA in nrr

Back