Super 8 qualification scenarios for Pakistan in ICC T20 World Cup 2024

For Pakistan to go through, they need to win big against Canada and Ireland (very doable).

But, they also need USA to lose against both Ireland and India.

It may come down to NRR eventually.

Ok, so we’re in all familiar territory again. If team A beats team B by 18 runs, and team C beats team D by 29 runs then Pakistan will qualify. Never do it by themselves, always praying for qudrat ka nizam!

Ok, so we’re in all familiar territory again. If team A beats team B by 18 runs, and team C beats team D by 29 runs then Pakistan will qualify. Never do it by themselves, always praying for qudrat ka nizam!
I doubt that this time calculations will fall in our favor. But never say never.

I wouldnt mind USA advancing to the next round

It just dilutes the quality of the whole tournament. I especially take a lot of joy beating Pakistan in a match but the fact remains that a strong Pakistan is needed to maintain the quality of a world tournament. Them losing to amateur teams is not just shameful for Pakistanis, it has a much greater effect on the overall dynamics of the tournament. Imagine, England playing USA in QF, how much fun is that going to be?

Send these losers home. I'm done with the mediocrity that is Ifti, Shadab, Azam Khan, Rizwan (insert your own loser here).

They will still qualify for the super 8s somehow. They will beat Canada and Ireland somehow whilst Ireland defeats USA

I’m just stating what I think most likely will happen
I don't see Ireland beating USA brother. And even if they did, those 10 sixes are the issue. It'll be a other England wc situation where Pakistan will get tossed out

It will happen. Ireland will beat USA in Florida and Pakistan will win their next 2 games
Well good luck to ones watching the games, my decision of not watching today's game was the right one, I am just here to whine and complain

I don't see Ireland beating USA brother. And even if they did, those 10 sixes are the issue. It'll be a other England wc situation where Pakistan will get tossed out
Well, that venue in Florida is said to be a runs ground.

Ireland batting is due to click. They have solid T20 batsmen

Then again, Ireland would then fancy their chances against Pakistan as well and try to become the team that goes forward with 4 points

Send these losers home. I'm done with the mediocrity that is Ifti, Shadab, Azam Khan, Rizwan (insert your own loser here).
dont worry, they are sending one Elite loser back home to Pakistan. Rest will still play

If you are already scratching your head about probabilities and different scenarios Pakistan needs to qualify to super 8 in a 5 team group that contains India, USA, Canada & Ireland, then you know you should give up.

Pakistan doesn’t deserve to qualify to the next round after losing to India and the USA. Palin and simple.

Well, that venue in Florida is said to be a runs ground.

Ireland batting is due to click. They have solid T20 batsmen

Then again, Ireland would then fancy their chances against Pakistan as well and try to become the team that goes forward with 4 points

There is a greater chance of Canada beating Pakistan in 2 days and ending the scientific calculations nonsense.

There is a greater chance of Canada beating Pakistan in 2 days and ending the scientific calculations nonsense.
World cup is over. It was over in 2023 as well. But fans clinged onto England believing some miracle of England being bowled put for 30.

It's the same here. Jones 10 sixes against Canada ends Pakistan plain and simple even if usa loses and everything goes Pakistan's way

Unpredictable team. Today they deserved to win but they couldn't, they don't deserved to go to next round now, but they will.

Once they are in next round, anything is possible.

Here's a breakdown of how Pakistan can qualify for the T20 World Cup Super Eight round:

June 11: Canada vs Pakistan — Pakistan must win in this match.
June 12: USA vs India — India's win is crucial for Pakistan's chances.
June 14: USA vs Ireland — Pakistan needs Ireland to emerge victorious.
June 15: Canada vs India — Another win for India is required.
June 16: Ireland vs Pakistan — Pakistan must win this match convincingly.

Here's a breakdown of how Pakistan can qualify for the T20 World Cup Super Eight round:

June 11: Canada vs Pakistan — Pakistan must win in this match.
June 12: USA vs India — India's win is crucial for Pakistan's chances.
June 14: USA vs Ireland — Pakistan needs Ireland to emerge victorious.
June 15: Canada vs India — Another win for India is required.
June 16: Ireland vs Pakistan — Pakistan must win this match convincingly.
If we spent this much time in betterment for the country we wouldn't have to do all these mental gymnastics. :(

Another thing people dont take into factor is what if USA has a game rained off, they get 5 points and pakistan is out regardless, or what if Pakistan gets a game rained off, pak need to have 4 points to have a chance

At this point I dont even care anymore, they dont deserve to go to the next round the whole mess started with squad selection followed by not picking the right players from the available squad, followed by not having the right batting order either. So personally I dont care anymore

Regardless of whatever happens if Pak make super 8 or not a serious revamp is needed.

Another thing people dont take into factor is what if USA has a game rained off, they get 5 points and pakistan is out regardless, or what if Pakistan gets a game rained off, pak need to have 4 points to have a chance

At this point I dont even care anymore, they dont deserve to go to the next round the whole mess started with squad selection followed by not picking the right players from the available squad, followed by not having the right batting order either. So personally I dont care anymore

Regardless of whatever happens if Pak make super 8 or not a serious revamp is needed.

I have a feeling Pakistan may just sneak in to Super 8.

I expect Ireland and India to beat USA (USA's NRR may take a hit). I also expect Pakistan to beat Canada and Ireland by big margins. Pakistan's job right now is to dominate the remaining 2 games and hope for the best.

If there was no revamp after the disastrous 2023 ODI WC campaign, what makes you think a revamp is possible?

I might be wrong, but the rise of these “player agents” directly corresponds with the death of Pakistan cricket. These “agents” have deluded mediocre players into believing they are world beaters, a mentality that evaporates the minute they enter the stadium.

World cup is over. It was over in 2023 as well. But fans clinged onto England believing some miracle of England being bowled put for 30.

It's the same here. Jones 10 sixes against Canada ends Pakistan plain and simple even if usa loses and everything goes Pakistan's way

This is different in the sense we don’t need a NRR miracle this time…

I fully agree that we don’t deserve it but it is not as unlikely as you might think

This is different in the sense we don’t need a NRR miracle this time…

I fully agree that we don’t deserve it but it is not as unlikely as you might think
Well, Hope for the best. That's all I'll say

Scenarios for Pakistan to qualify for Super 8

- Win their next two matches against Ireland and Canada
- Hope the US loses their remaining games against India and Ireland
- Achieve a superior net run rate than the US

I have a feeling Pakistan may just sneak in to Super 8.

I expect Ireland and India to beat USA (USA's NRR may take a hit). I also expect Pakistan to beat Canada and Ireland by big margins. Pakistan's job right now is to dominate the remaining 2 games and hope for the best.
You never know. India can always just lose to USA on purpose to troll and knock Pakistan out and then beat Canada to qualify themselves.

India/BCCI also did that in 2019 by purposely losing to England so that Pakistan wouldn't qualify.

I wouldn't put it past the evil BCCI do that considering how scared they are of facing Babar and Rizwan again.

Scenarios for Pakistan to qualify for Super 8

- Win their next two matches against Ireland and Canada
- Hope the US loses their remaining games against India and Ireland
- Achieve a superior net run rate than the US
We all know what India do wen Pak needs favours of them.. this time hope they help USAs run rate & put Pak out of there misery

I think we will qualify but it would also be good for the game if USA were to qualify.

Pak need big win against Canada.. Big margin against Ireland is not easy as they are good team in t20s. Ireland will definitely beat USA.

I think we will qualify but it would also be good for the game if USA were to qualify.
Naw, those 10 sixes from Jones to Canada will bite Pakistan, we play Canada in NY so rr can't even be fixed here.

It's really only Ireland bashing that we are in need of. But it won't happen. None of these lads are six hitters besides fakhar

Pakistan need to win 6 out of their next 7 matches to win the World Cup.

They have to win the next 2, and can afford only 1 defeat in super 8s.

Both Ireland and Canada will beat Pakistan as well. Babar and Co should enjoy their site seeing tour of USA, the cricket side of things is irrelevant to these bunch of 🤡 selected for this world cup

Both Ireland and Canada will beat Pakistan as well. Babar and Co should enjoy their site seeing tour of USA, the cricket side of things is irrelevant to these bunch of 🤡 selected for this world cup
You take 1 wicket against Pakistan, and then watch the unbalance of the batting order unfold

Team have made a collective decision to be home by Saturday to celebrate eid they don’t want all that meat to go to waste.. they are phukkars after all

ICC were smart enough not to risk an India - Pakistan game in Super 8s through seedings, probably they knew Pak can't be trusted to make it through to Round 2, so they played safe and assured an India-Pak game in 1R itself! 😂

PCT morale is down but situation from NRR perspective is quite ok

Pak doesnt need thumping victories like Eng and NZ do to save their NRR.

Even if India and Ireland beat USA by just 5 runs apiece and Pak sneak past Can&Ire by 10 runs apiece it is enough to go through

Attachments

• IMG-20240610-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20240610-WA0006.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20240610-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20240610-WA0006.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 9
PCT morale is down but situation from NRR perspective is quite ok

Pak doesnt need thumping victories like Eng and NZ do to save their NRR.

Even if India and Ireland beat USA by just 5 runs apiece and Pak sneak past Can&Ire by 10 runs apiece it is enough to go through
This is true

Pakistan’s best hope is Ireland beat USA

But you need to remember, Ireland ain’t doing Pakistan favours just so they will let Pakistan walk over them in the next game. They will then look to thump Pakistan and go through themselves

Ball is in India’s court now.

They can casually sweep aside Canada in their next game, and then decide the fate of Pakistan in this tournament when playing USA in the final game.

I’m not saying they will intentionally throw the game…but I would suspect they would rather have Pakistan out of the tournament now and not coming back to face them at some point in the course of this tournament

Nail on the head bro, heart sank when Baba got out.
Bro whose doing is this?

Why can’t that laanti Ramiz Raja not see the unbalance that is caused with two middle order players opening, and openers batting at 3-4?

Its not a miracle scenario required to qualify. Ireland have far more experience than USA and can beat them.

Then Pakistan has easier sides to play with and need a decent but not massive margin to get to 4 points. The only problem is not controlling your own destiny because of brainfarts against the USA. The first round was just designed to be a formality but PCT managed to make it interesting

Defeat against a minnow and India confirmed. Pakistan will now go on to win the tournament :ROFLMAO:
Need to win 6 out of 7 games

Babar’s WL ratio in realty is something like 4 out of 10

It will be against the odds if we pull this off now

They can casually sweep aside Canada in their next game, and then decide the fate of Pakistan in this tournament when playing USA in the final game.

I’m not saying they will intentionally throw the game…but I would suspect they would rather have Pakistan out of the tournament now and not coming back to face them at some point in the course of this tournament
I don't think so bro, India doesn't want to lose to any team and give them a helping a hand. This myth started from Dhoni playing bad against england which prevented Pakistan from qualifying but I saw that game.

England butchered India in the first 30 overs. The final 20 became more difficult to play, they went from being on track for a 460 to going to 333.

India's only chance was to pull and England fr the first 30 and they didn't. Dhoni wasn't intentionally trying, infact the sentiment at the time was hopefully India wins to knock england out, its tougher to face them then Pakistan.

Their a professional team that wants to win every game irrespective of who's infront of them, this secret card power and planning of hehe we hold the power only happens in bollywood movies. Whoever they lose to in a final or semi final is gut wrenching either way

India play USA before Canada.

- USA needs to lose both their remaining games

- Pak need to win their next two remaining games

Simple.

Although, I wouldn't care if they did qualify or not because they're losers.

- USA needs to lose both their remaining games

- Pak need to win their next two remaining games

Simple.

Although, I wouldn't care if they did qualify or not because they're losers.
If Pakistan qualifies then

A) You'll get same thrashing in ct 2025 because Bobby can use the we qualified to super 8 and give his heroic speeches

B) The bashing in the super 8's will be extreme, it'll be an absolute massacre, where they get butchered black and blue.

Let Pakistan lose to Canada and Ireland. Let them go winless because then the committee can be sacked, then Bobby cam be sacked ans then that 55M provided by ICC can be put to use correctly

If Pakistan qualifies then

A) You'll get same thrashing in ct 2025 because Bobby can use the we qualified to super 8 and give his heroic speeches

B) The bashing in the super 8's will be extreme, it'll be an absolute massacre, where they get butchered black and blue.

Let Pakistan lose to Canada and Ireland. Let them go winless because then the committee can be sacked, then Bobby cam be sacked ans then that 55M provided by ICC can be put to use correctly
It's going to be heavy rain for the USA vs Ireland game.

So, Pak are out irrespective.

It's going to be heavy rain for the USA vs Ireland game.

So, Pak are out irrespective.
Pakistan was always going to be out regardless, this is just dil khush karnei walei matches.

Canada game is lost because pur openers can't bat 1-6 on ny

So potentially Pakistan, England and NZ are all going to be knocked out in the first stage?

ICC should start thinking right now about how they are going to cancel the qualifiers for World Cup 2026. It's madness to have qualifiers for Test-playing nations. Cricket is played at an elite level between 8 countries and they have qualifiers for them as well. Lol. What rubbish.

So potentially Pakistan, England and NZ are all going to be knocked out in the first stage?

ICC should start thinking right now about how they are going to cancel the qualifiers for World Cup 2026. Lol.
Let then play qualifiers.

NZ on current form doesn't deserve it. England got unlucky with theirs games being rained off and one game forced against Australia. But when they play qualifier they'll pass through.

Let Pakistan die in the qualifier for 2026 lol.

NZ on current form doesn't deserve it. England got unlucky with theirs games being rained off and one game forced against Australia. But when they play qualifier they'll pass through.

ICC cannot afford an ICC tournament without a Pakistan-India game. That's why World Cup 2007 in the Caribbean was a massive flop for ICC as both India and Pakistan dropped out in the first 10 days of the tournament.

ICC cannot afford an ICC tournament without a Pakistan-India game. That's why World Cup 2007 in the Caribbean was a massive flop for ICC as both India and Pakistan dropped out in the first 10 days of the tournament.
Yeah that's the only thing they got going for giving Pakistan a respite lol. That 100M views per video on YouTube for icc on Pakistan vs India games while even finals like Australia vs India get like 5M tells you the revenue story

Back to if this team wins against this team and then we win by ..... we will go through. But there is one big problem, I don't us fancy to beat Ireland

yes England is very unlucky. But they should still try to do what they should do and wait for how Scotland plays the other match.

ICC should start thinking right now about how they are going to cancel the qualifiers for World Cup 2026. It's madness to have qualifiers for Test-playing nations. Cricket is played at an elite level between 8 countries and they have qualifiers for them as well. Lol. What rubbish.
Nah you're wrong. All the super 8 team plus two host nation and Two team from ICC rankings qualified for next T20 World Cup

yes England is very unlucky. But they should still try to do what they should do and wait for how Scotland plays the other match.
England has two remaining game against minnows while Scotland has to play against Australia so definitely England is going to next round along with Australia.

Problem was India and Pakistan got to play only 2 games each, for the rest of tournament ICC lost 90% of its audience right away. India Pakistan played just 2 out of potentially 10 games

Even if Pakistan and India dont make it in this format, the teams still get 4 games each and putting India and Pakistan in same group ensures Ind-Pak match and atleast one of them getting through to the next round.

As long as there is a glimmer of hope, most Pakistani fans would keep on believing but this time it looks nearly impossible. USA is playing very good cricket and Ireland hasn't played quality cricket in this World Cup so far so I don't think they are going to win against USA and this will be all over for team Pakistan in this World Cup.

As long as there is a glimmer of hope, most Pakistani fans would keep on believing but this time it looks nearly impossible. USA is playing very good cricket and Ireland hasn't played quality cricket in this World Cup so far so I don't think they are going to win against USA and this will be all over for team Pakistan in this World Cup.
and now u will see the best of Qudrat ka nizam season 2.0 :ROFLMAO:

Back