Super 8 qualification scenarios for Pakistan in ICC T20 World Cup 2024

seems like India is deliberately slowing down the chase so that USA NRR wont be hurt much even after the defeat.

Ary news: Florida matches could be moved to Dallas.. not confirmed yet

They won't do it. Sri Lanka and Nepal have already had a washout in Florida. They would have to play that game too and the England Scotland game would potentially have to be completed. Otherwise I imagine they could get sued.

It used to be ICC Ka Nizam vs Qudrat Ka Nizam. Now it seems like ICC is forced to kneel before Qudrat Ka Nizam.
It'd because of revenue. Even on YouTube, India Pakistan games highlights get them 100M views which shpuld be anywhere from 200,000 to 18M depending on adsense per video, but logically it should fall in the 2M-3M range.

Compare that to even world cup highlights like Australia vs India wc 2023 it only has 6M, and games like USA vs Pakistan have like 300K, with some vids of England games being like 1.5K views only.

That's why they want it, Every platform be it social media, Real time sponsors, match tickets, ad promotions fetch them millions and millions

They won't do it. Sri Lanka and Nepal have already had a washout in Florida. They would have to play that game too and the England Scotland game would potentially have to be completed. Otherwise I imagine they could get sued.
Oh kakei rahnei dei, no one is getting sued. They don't care about Nepal or Sri lanka and these 2 countries ain't suing anyone

Is it confirmed. Can they do that?
They cannot and most likely will not do that. People would have booked tickets, hotels and maybe other activities.

Anyway, there are way too many logistics to take care of from an organization perspective. It’s not that simple.

Ireland will lose to USA in Dallas.

Only chance they have is Florida, where they have the likes of Sterling and Tector to wreck havoc on USA medium pacers.

Even then, looking at today’s performance, USA start as firm favorites but Ireland will play for pride.

I doubt ICC can just shift venues, the logistics nightmare that will follow will be too much.

Ireland will lose to USA in Dallas.

Only chance they have is Florida, where they have the likes of Sterling and Tector to wreck havoc on USA medium pacers.

Even then, looking at today’s performance, USA start as firm favorites but Ireland will play for pride.

I doubt ICC can just shift venues, the logistics nightmare that will follow will be too much.
Dallas is a road pitch though

The source of this news is Basit Ali

Maybe he was told during one of his abductions by Aliens
Hona kuch bhi nahi hai, I'm just having fun atm, ICC ka Nizam should be the new term.

But who knows, maybe they'll move to dallas. I'd forward the move genuinely. I want England and Australia to progress, not scotland

no way they can do this. many teams have had washout and its as per the rules.

only other thing is one of the major rain storm actually damages the whole facilities or its like a hurricane or something very major predicted. at the moment its usual florida thunderstorms.

also, i dont see chance of game even if rain is intermittent. reason is we have rain whole week so ground will be really bad shape and without long period of dry spell outfield won't even dry enough, etc. we can hope they have a minimum 5 over game, then its also a shootout where US can win. anyway, if we don't qualify we don't deserve, no point praying for no rain.

Well, there is a "force majeure clause" generally and there is a floods warning, so it can be applied without getting sued.

The icc can actually do it and move the games.

Pretty bad conditions in that area right now and it’s only expected to worsen. We have an office near Fort Lauderdale and they have all been asked to stay away as the roads are flooding. Doubt the Friday game is happening.

If Ireland bring their A game the should beat USA. They have more experience and pedigree.

Unfortunately, they have looked really poor so far and USA’s confidence & motivation is sky high right now.

Nonetheless, Pakistan deserves the humiliation of a group stage exit for selecting Azam Khan and bringing back Amir and Imad from retirement.

History will remember that Pakistan made the final of the 2022 World Cup under Babar and the same group of players, but then PCB decided to add Amir and Imad to this group because of their “experience” and “winning mentality”, and they played starring role in two humiliating defeats that caused Pakistan to crash out in the group stage.

If Ireland bring their A game the should beat USA. They have more experience and pedigree.

Unfortunately, they have looked really poor so far and USA’s confidence & motivation is sky high right now.

Nonetheless, Pakistan deserves the humiliation of a group stage exit for selecting Azam Khan and bringing back Amir and Imad from retirement.

History will remember that Pakistan made the final of the 2022 World Cup under Babar and the same group of players, but then PCB decided to add Amir and Imad to this group because of their “experience” and “winning mentality”, and they played starring role in two humiliating defeats that caused Pakistan to crash out in the group stage.
History will also remember Babar and Rizwan hid in the dug out when the country needed their powerplay expertise for the super over

Babar made the excuse that he needs to relieve himself when Kirsten was asking him and Rizwan to pad up…So Kirsten sent Iftikhar and Fakhar instead.

Florida has moving clouds lol I doubt it will be cancelled. Depends on rain! I will be there! If Chacha is playing. We know it’s cause of him

The good news is its showers so they can come and go quickly.

They should squeeze in a super over just to get a result. They should do this for all rain effected games.
but drainage is so bad on this cricket ground so lets hope it wont become a swiming pool after a short spell of rain.

Florida has moving clouds lol I doubt it will be cancelled. Depends on rain! I will be there! If Chacha is playing. We know it’s cause of him

South Florida underwater: Tropical rainstorm delivers 17 inches of rain in 24 hours​

A "particularly dangerous situation" started to unfold on Wednesday afternoon in South Florida as a tropical rainstorm unloaded more than a foot of rain, shutting down travel and threatening lives and property.

===

It's literally under water!

Why don't you add Rizwan as one of the culprits as well, because it doesn't match with your POV. Had Amir not bowled a brilliant 19th over, there was no super over and what happened to Babar and same group of players in the 50 over WC, how can history ever forget that, and may be add Asia cup to it as well.

If USA vs Ireland game gets rained out, but we play Ireland and we beat Ireland, then who goes through?

Wasn't that history created when Netherlands beat South Africa to give "backdoor" to useless Babar.

No one WILL EVER FORGET THAT.

Infact, I will keep reminding you when you pretend that ATG Babar single handedly led Pakistan to final of World Cup.

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news is its showers so they can come and go quickly.

They should squeeze in a super over just to get a result. They should do this for all rain effected games.

No, dude. It’s literally flooded and weather is expected to only get worse. There’s no chance in hell a single ball will be bowled on Friday.

It’s game over for Pakistan.

If USA vs Ireland game gets rained out, but we play Ireland and we beat Ireland, then who goes through?

If USA vs Ireland gets rained out, USA is to have 5 points and Pakistan is out (since maximum Pakistan can get is 4 points).

Wasn't that history created when Netherlands beat South Africa to give "backdoor" to useless Babar.

Infact, I will keep reminding you when you pretend that ATG Babar single handedly led Pakistan to final of World Cup.

Who asked South Africa to lose to Pakistan & Netherlands?

South Africa had the chance to close the door on Pakistan and confirm qualification by beating them, but they got whacked around by Shadab and Iftikhar of all people.

Who asked South Africa to lose to Pakistan & Netherlands?

South Africa had the chance to close the door on Pakistan and confirm qualification by beating them, but they got whacked around by Shadab and Iftikhar of all people.

Remind me what Babar did ?

Because you make it sound like he played ATG knocks to lead his team to finals and now with addition of Amir and Imad he is unable to play those knocks and hence team is about to be knocked out.

Babar sat and prayed to GODS that Netherlands win so the team can sneak through.

Babar is sitting and praying to GODS that it doesn't rain and Ireland beats USA so Pakistan can sneak through.

In short, Babar does nothing but pray and the team reaching anywhere is not dependent on how BABAR PERFORMS AT ALL AS CAPTAIN OR PLAYER.

Thank you very much.

Remind me what Babar did ?

Because you make it sound like he played ATG knocks to lead his team to finals and now with addition of Amir and Imad he is unable to play those knocks and hence team is about to be knocked out.

Babar sat and prayed to GODS that Netherlands win so the team can sneak through.

Babar is sitting and praying to GODS that it doesn't rain and Ireland beats USA so Pakistan can sneak through.

In short, Babar does nothing but pray and the team reaching anywhere is not dependent on how BABAR PERFORMS AT ALL AS CAPTAIN OR PLAYER.

Thank you very much.
Who asked South Africa to lose to Pakistan?

Who asked South Africa to lose to Pakistan?

If it's what aboutism you are going to run here let's do it.

Who asked Babar to lose to Zimabawe?

Who asked Babar to pray to God's that Netherlands help him instead of choosing his own destiny.

If Babar is so good why did the team crash out in 2023 ODI World Cup?

Why is Babar waiting for another miracle like always?

If it's what aboutism you are going to run here let's do it.

Who asked Babar to lose to Zimabawe ?

Who asked Babar to pray to God's that Netherlands help him instead of choosing his own destiny.

If Babar is so good why did the team crash out in 2023 ODI World Cup?

Why is Babar waiting for another miracle like always?
Why are you deflecting?

The 2023 World Cup has nothing to do with the point of discussion, i.e. Pakistan’s qualifying for the final in 2022.

You keep talking about Pakistan getting lucky because South Africa lost to Netherlands but you conveniently ignore the fact that Pakistan beat South Africa to stay alive in the tournament.

Pakistan, after losing to India and Zimbabwe, were down and out and severely low on confidence, but yet, they managed to outclass South Africa in a must win game.

Whose fault is that? Credit goes to Babar for rallying his players to victory and blame goes to South Africa for losing to a team that had lost to both India and Zimbabwe.

South Africa lost to Pakistan and Netherlands and they deserved to qualify but Pakistan that lost to Zimbabwe but beat South Africa did not deserve to qualify? What sort of nonsense agenda is this?

South Africa’s match vs Netherlands would have been irrelevant had they beat Pakistan but no one asked them to lose to Pakistan.

As far as Pakistan relying on prayers and miracles in both 2022 and 2024, please tell me what have Amir and Imad added to the team? Absolutely nothing.

Pakistan have stood still, which proves that Amir and Imad are not the players their delusional fans think and Pakistan haven’t missed in the last couple of years.

It also proves that bringing them back was a waste of time because they have added nothing to the team. In fact, they are directly responsible for both defeats.

Don't try it with me.

I will also never forget that Imran Khan’s team got bowled out for 74 in 1992 before rain intervened.

I will also not forget that Pakistan we’re 113/3 (and guaranteed to collapse) chasing 240 before rain intervened against SAF in the 2017 CT.

Or do you only have selective memory against Babar?

the funny thing is there will be plenty of players (and fans) who will see the washout as an injustice, when truly its exactly what we deserve

I will also never forget that Imran Khan’s team got bowled out for 74 in 1992 before rain intervened.

I will also not forget that Pakistan we’re 113/3 (and guaranteed to collapse) chasing 240 before rain intervened against SAF in the 2017 CT.

Or do you only have selective memory against Babar?

Imran Khan vs Babar lol.

Please try harder.

Pfffttt, ICC going so far to protect Pakistan cause all they care about is money.

Pakistan has to be the luckiest minnow team ever.

We should start calling it ICC ka Nizam
If it's a minnow then why are you worried if they qualify. Even if the match moves to Dallas pakistan still needs to play and win.

Lol why should I?

Why does IK get a free pass for fluking his way to the 1992 WC but Babar does not?

I am not even an Imran fan as I believe he is a tad overrated on this forum.

But there is a Grand Canyon between Imran the leader and Babar the pretender.

There is no way Ireland USA game will take place . It’s flooded there and tomorrow chance of 80 percent again

Rain has made a mess again. ICC should have looked at these weather predictions in Florida. I think Pakistan is 90% out of this tournament now because Rain is going to spoil Pakistan vs Ireland.

Stop blaming rain if Pakistan out of the tournament .They bottled the job against USA and India.
Pakistan always needed some QUDRAT KA NIZAM type thing to progress. Rain can sometimes work in their favour and sometimes it does not.

Nope If India Tops the Group our Most Likely Super 8 Matchups are
AFG/WI (whoever tops the group)
Scot/ENG (whoever qualifies after AUS) most likely SCOT
BAN/NLD (whoever qualifies after SA) most likely BAN
This is incorrect, the seeding is already decided. If we go through we get England, Windies and SA ( or replace with team that takes their place)
Nothing to do with where people finish

Back