Super 8 qualification scenarios for Pakistan in ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Nothing is going to change or improve as long as we have a pcb chairman appointed by the prime minister. If things are to improve the only solutions to fix pcb first and then start from there. Remember, the fish always rots from the top and it cdnt be more accurate when it comes to pak cricket or Pakistan as a country. The country is literally going to dogs or has already gone and sports is a mere reflection of it..

For the past 3 World tournaments same thing is happening, cricket team in turmoil add to it we play limited number of games surely ICC should look into it if they want Pakistan in international cricket why not ban the cricket administration in Pakistan and start afresh

No scenerio needed... It will be only Qudrat ka Nizam working in its finest way for Pakistan to progress.

Ireland USA is a wash out 90% so we are out and we deserve it.
Tbh bro I wish it wasn't.

I don't wanna have to hear another Bobby speech where he says, Yes yes boys played very well yes yes unfortunately allah was not kind yes yes

Tbh bro I wish it wasn't.

I don't wanna have to hear another Bobby speech where he says, Yes yes boys played very well yes yes unfortunately allah was not kind yes yes
I think the work done in the lead up to this will not save Babar this time. Pakistan have been abysmal up to this point. No one will buy Babar and co’s nonsense this time

Nothing is going to change or improve as long as we have a pcb chairman appointed by the prime minister. If things are to improve the only solutions to fix pcb first and then start from there. Remember, the fish always rots from the top and it cdnt be more accurate when it comes to pak cricket or Pakistan as a country. The country is literally going to dogs or has already gone and sports is a mere reflection of it..
Yes the PCB is a joke and needs to sort out a lot of things, specially the player pathway at grassroots level.

However, the player themselves need to take the responsibility here. Who is stopping a proper middle-order bat from developing? Who is stopping a proper spinner bowling long spells in domestic cricket and improving themselves?

We are stuck in this predicament not because Pakistan continue to select Shadab, but because there is no one at domestic level currently who can claim to be really good and put their hands up. Everyone wants to play as an opener and everyone wants to be a pseudo all-rounder.

Who is stopping the players from developing and improving themselves so we don’t have embarrassments like Shadab, Imad, Iftikhar and Azam represent us constantly?

Is this your serious question of scrutiny?

Who is stopping your openers to not play T20 cricket the way it should be played?

Who is telling natural openers in T20 cricket to bat in crucial middle order positions??
I am talking about domestic cricket. Unlike you, I don’t believe Babar and Rizwan batting in the middle-order will make us world beaters.

Babar can bat maximum at 3, while Rizwan doesn’t make my team if he bats in the middle-order.

We need proper middle-order players in every format, not just the LOI format. Dynamic batsmen with range of strokes that can absorb pressure and have the skill to take risks under pressure.

A huge India win tomorrow will help the NRR.

The gap isn't too much if the US manages to lose both games (weather permitting).

Delete this thread please, we do not deserve to go through! I bet USA will be able to give a good fight in the super 8s too!

Come on India you can do it.

Come on Suryaa Kumar Yadavv

I have a feeling everything will fall in place. India will beat USA easily. There won't be rain on Friday. There won't be rain on Sunday. Pakistan will beat Ireland convincingly. Ireland will beat USA convincingly.

Hopefully, India takes all 20 overs to chase against USA or allows USA to come within 7 runs of the target :srini
Haha .no Indian team don't care about any others team but Virat need more practice before Super 8 so he can take some time.

We prefer Pakistan to face in semi or final rather than Australia/ England.
West Indian ground will favor spinners. So it shouldn't matter. My only fear is Flukindies. But they don't have a senible batsman like Lendl SImmons anymore.

West Indian ground will favor spinners. So it shouldn't matter. My only fear is Flukindies. But they don't have a senible batsman like Lendl SImmons anymore.
Our most likely super 8 match against Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Australia so we likely to reach semifinals where we will most probably face Westindies/ South Africa .

If Ireland can beat Pakistan then why can’t they beat USA.

Ireland is actually a good team its just that they didn’t get proper t20 pitches and hence were outclassed by Canada.
Pitches like Nassau county make the game unpredictable and reduce the difference in skillset of two teams.

I hope the pitch in florida in Lauderhill is a good one.

crazy to think, had Pakistan played with more sense, we could have had 3 wins now ( we let usa, and india slip out of our ends) credit too both teams for winning, but now with one win only so far we our back to calculations, and hoping other results can go our way

If it wasn't for that brainless bowler called Haris, (against USA) Pakistan would have been qualifying. They were never going to beat India on current form and skills. It was just difficult conditions and Pakistan got lucky to win the toss, that the match looked close.

Here are the scenarios.

1) If Pakistan wins all games, and assuming USA beat Ireland, them its a rr battle between Pakistan and USA and atm its not looking good due to Jones hitting 10 sixes last game. So in this case ideally USA needs to lose to Ireland.

2) If Pakistan lose to India, then its a must that Pakistan must win their games with high margins and USA needs to lose to Ireland to have net rr war.

3) If Pakistan lose to India and Canada then allah hafiz.

Because let's be honest, India will beat USA and will beat Canada. So no chance of them departing
The run rate situation is being overplayed
India should beat USA comfortably and then an Ireland win Vs USA and Pak win Vs Ireland should tip the balance on NRR

The actual thing that is winding me up is that we should have won both the games and be the first team officially through

The run rate situation is being overplayed
India should beat USA comfortably and then an Ireland win Vs USA and Pak win Vs Ireland should tip the balance on NRR

The actual thing that is winding me up is that we should have won both the games and be the first team officially through

There won’t be an Ireland vs USA match. It will be flooded out. Look at the weather forecasts. Not a single ball will be bowled. Pakistan’s campaign is officially over.

There is no issue with NRR. If USA loses the next two matches by a combined total of 10 runs, any margin of victory for Pakistan will be enough to put them through.

The game is up for Pakistan.

The weather looks very bad in Florida.

Pakistan only have themselves to blame. They choked both games against USA and India.

Usually, Pakistan do prevail in such scenarios but are out of luck in games against Australia and India.

Even though I would love to see us in top 8 stage, but this team needs a big change and that won't be possible if we somehow fluke another semi-final spot. I don't want the same agony every year now, ttf's should be replaced now.

Just need the rain to hold off for a few hours and we will go through.

the worst day of rain is Thursday, so you never know, it might clear up in time for the match on Friday.

The only issue is the Ireland vs USA game, which for now looking impossible to take place because of bad weather.

I hope ind v usa rains out… we dont deserve to be in those 8 teams to play. We can take do more meet n greet with captain azam khan before they leave usa for good.

NRR doesnt really matter. If USA loses both games, their NRR will go down below Pakistan

Weather is getting better in Florida. Weather for Friday is showing 30% rain at 3 am and clear after that.

Apple weather app is supporting Pakistan lol

If it wasn't for that brainless bowler called Haris, (against USA) Pakistan would have been qualifying. They were never going to beat India on current form and skills. It was just difficult conditions and Pakistan got lucky to win the toss, that the match looked close.
That's doesn't mask the fact that Pakistan took 3 wickets in the entire innings and let a team like USA dominate the game. Pakistan only came back in the last 6 overs or so. US were sailing smoothly prior to that and on-course for a comfortable win.

Weather in Florida is too unpredictable. Sometimes its looks like its going to rain for a while but it ends up just being a passing shower. Other times, its just heavy rainfall like today. Its foolish to pin any hopes at all on other team's results or 'qudarat ka nizam'. We had a chance to control our own fate and we blew it. And like as fans, how many times will we go through this? Its 2022 all over again.

I think one of US v Ireland or Pakistan v Ireland will be washed out. And honestly I hope it is. This disastrous campaign needs to end. I'm done being mentally tortured as a fan.

Qudrat ka nizam is the only scenario this team needs to go ahead otherwise I am not expecting the USA to loose against Ireland if the game goes on.

Qudrat ka nizam is the only scenario this team needs to go ahead otherwise I am not expecting the USA to loose against Ireland if the game goes on.

We were not expecting Netherlands to beat SouthAfrica but they did. Pakistan somehow manages to go through like this, as a Pakistan fan I would love to see this team in top 8 but this means suffer for many upcoming years with the same old faces.

We were not expecting Netherlands to beat SouthAfrica
we were not expecting but we wanted them to beat south Africa. This time it is same. We want Ireland and India to beat USA. Same as usual in every ICC tournament.

Not sure why many think USA can't beat India or Ireland.

Netravalkar and Kenjige are quality bowlers and they'll make life hard for both sets of batters.

Our most likely super 8 match against Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Australia so we likely to reach semifinals where we will most probably face Westindies/ South Africa .
Nope If India Tops the Group our Most Likely Super 8 Matchups are
AFG/WI (whoever tops the group)
Scot/ENG (whoever qualifies after AUS) most likely SCOT
BAN/NLD (whoever qualifies after SA) most likely BAN

Not sure why many think USA can't beat India or Ireland.

Netravalkar and Kenjige are quality bowlers and they'll make life hard for both sets of batters.
US is not favorites against Ireland in Florida.

They got smashed for 196 by a pretty dire Canadian batting line-up.

Shouldn’t judge bowlers based on performance against Pakistan batsmen. These clowns will throw wickets away to a bowling machine.

Just after one match Pakistan are in danger of getting out of the tournament. It is highly unlikely we will win against India.

So what will Pak need to do to qualify.

Ireland and India to beat USA

Pak to beat Ireland & Canada

India to beat all remaining, then all comes down to NRR. Only positive from today is that NRR is 0.
These scenarios have nothing to do with the reality because there's a prediction of intense rain in USA Vs Ireland match, it's going to get washed out around 99% confirmed and USA will get that 1 point, leaving Pakistan out of the WC.
Only, Qudrat ka Nizam can save us now.

they're not.

If USA loses to Ireland and India (which is highly likely), Pak just needs to beat Ireland and Canada, i dont think NRR will be big role as Pak has pretty okish NRR.
NRR won't play a big role but sadly, RAIN will 😭

US is not favorites against Ireland in Florida.

They got smashed for 196 by a pretty dire Canadian batting line-up.

Shouldn’t judge bowlers based on performance against Pakistan batsmen. These clowns will throw wickets away to a bowling machine.

I'm not judging based on the runs scored. I saw the pitch map/beehive for both bowlers and they are very accurate bowlers. Netravalkar hit a good length ridiculously often that day , more so than any single Pakistani seamer, more than Arshdeep etc.

Kenjige also is very accurate and almost all of his deliveries finished within the stumps or just outside off stump.

I'm not judging based on the runs scored. I saw the pitch map/beehive for both bowlers and they are very accurate bowlers. Netravalkar hit a good length ridiculously often that day , more so than any single Pakistani seamer, more than Arshdeep etc.

Kenjige also is very accurate and almost all of his deliveries finished within the stumps or just outside off stump.
Netravalkar is slower than most PPers on here. He will get smashed on a true batting wicket like Florida.

Haven’t seen much of Kenjige, but he got two wickets of poor shots so nothing special tbh.

Ireland have the potential to implode, but India will destroy them. I expect Ireland to beat them too, but all Florida matches will be rained off so all of this is just academic.

The difference between the NRR of Usa and Pakistan isn't that much.
Just 2 wins for Pakistan & 2 losses for USA will make Pakistan qualify for the super 8, eventually.
For Pakistan to go through, they need to win big against Canada and Ireland (very doable).

But, they also need USA to lose against both Ireland and India.

It may come down to NRR eventually.

Afghanistan should hope NZ qualify so they get an easier group in super 8 . Incase west indies qualifies Afghanistan will be placed with India and Australia .

Super 8 Groups

A : India , Australia , NZ/Afg, BD/NLD
B : US/Pak , Eng/Scot, WI/Afg, RSA

Nope If India Tops the Group our Most Likely Super 8 Matchups are
AFG/WI (whoever tops the group)
Scot/ENG (whoever qualifies after AUS) most likely SCOT
BAN/NLD (whoever qualifies after SA) most likely BAN
Group topper doesn't matter as seeding is a already fix for Super 8 .

Afghanistan should hope NZ qualify so they get an easier group in super 8 . Incase west indies qualifies Afghanistan will be placed with India and Australia .
The predicted groups were

Aus
NZ
IND
AFG

Eng
SA
PAK
WI

Pakistan didn’t even deserve to play in the World T20, somebody else from the lower leagues should have given a chance instead.

For how long will Pakistan fans continue to support this abusive relationship? I would be completely disgusted after the match with India, if I was in doubt about some things then I’d have woken up by now.

Move on from this abusive relationship and silly hopes until there is serious change.

Pakistan didn’t even deserve to play in the World T20, somebody else from the lower leagues should have given a chance instead.

For how long will Pakistan fans continue to support this abusive relationship? I would be completely disgusted after the match with India, if I was in doubt about some things then I’d have woken up by now.

Move on from this abusive relationship and silly hopes until there is serious change.
Yes, it is what it is.
Totally with you bro.

Back