Super 8 qualification scenarios for Pakistan in ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Some stories of the weather clearing up… Is anybody here from the Miami-FLL area who can confirm?

Rain has made a mess again. ICC should have looked at these weather predictions in Florida. I think Pakistan is 90% out of this tournament now because Rain is going to spoil Pakistan vs Ireland.
Its better for them to get eliminated because if they somehow qualify for the next round all previous blunders will be hidden.

i see zero chance of any game, with the kind of rain already happening and what is in forecast, there is no way ground will be in condition for play even if rain has break during entire game period. they don't declare emergency for the county just like that.
You are probably right. I dont think there is hope of anything more than a 5 over game if the ground is not waterlogged and the drainage is reasonable.

If you look at the radar, there is due to be one heavy thunderstorm before the game between 3 am and 8 am. After that its reasonably clear. The question is if they can get the ground ready in the 5-6 hrs after that for a 5 over game.

Any pictures of the ground?

India , Australia, Afghanistan and Bangladesh in Group A

USA , Eng/scot, WI , Southafrica : Group B

Seems it’s gonna be India Australia final again

If you look at the radar, there is due to be one heavy thunderstorm before the game between 3 am and 8 am. After that its reasonably clear. The question is if they can get the ground ready in the 5-6 hrs after that for a 5 over game.

Any pictures of the ground?
Nope, the ground has one of the worst drainage systems in the world.

Our only hope is the rain stays away like it did today mostly.

lol at the fans praying for weather paks real mission is complete: don’t these donkeys have sufficient money to go on personal trips in there own time

Attachments

• IMG_3980.png
    IMG_3980.png
    3 MB · Views: 45
Some stories of the weather clearing up… Is anybody here from the Miami-FLL area who can confirm?

Meanwhile umpires heading to the ground for an inspection.

200w.gif

It is in the organisers interest that the remaining group games are washed out given how the group table stands. USA have put themselves in a position to qualify - why would they jeopardise this given the tournament is hosted there? Fair play to USA for 2 good wins.

It is in the organisers interest that the remaining group games are washed out given how the group table stands. USA have put themselves in a position to qualify - why would they jeopardise this given the tournament is hosted there? Fair play to USA for 2 good wins.

Would have been true but the remaining matches are in the West Indies.

The ICC likely wants Pakistan to qualify (if they had to choose) because it opens up the potential for another India-Pakistan match in the semis/final.

Regardless it doesn't matter, Pakistan will be going home.

Thats actually correct. Ultimately it is the ground staff who is going to try and get the ground ready and if they go-slow on the mop up, then it is curtains for Pakistan.

Keeping all things in favor, Pakistan will have to beat Ireland by 20+runs or in 14.3 overs , whichever looks highly unlikely

Keeping all things in favor, Pakistan will have to beat Ireland by 20+runs or in 14.3 overs , whichever looks highly unlikely
Thats not correct. Pakistan is now above USA on the NRR. If USA lose to Ireland, then their NRR would only go down. Any margin of victory for Pakistan is enough to go through.

Things will fall into place. Pakistan will qualify as Super 8 will be boring without Pak. However, I am not sure if they deserved to go through the way they played against USA and IND.

Where do you come up with this stuff? lol. All Pakistan has to do is win against Ireland if Ireland beats USA.

lol at the fans praying for weather paks real mission is complete: don’t these donkeys have sufficient money to go on personal trips in there own time
America ka visa bar bar nahi lgta :sneaky:

I don't know if you know. But that picture is AI generated.

Pakistan's scenario is only that they enjoy the rains in Florida and a paid trip to the US that a good few have never had before.

the worst rain let down was in 2019 world cup (SL game), where we had a decent team and could have a good shot at semis. we had beaten the eventual world cup finalists Eng and NZ in group stage.

When the rain comes crashing down and it hurts inside
You gotta take a stand it don't help to hide
If you criticise Rizwan’s strike rate, then you hurt my pride
I gotta be a Babar
I can't let it slide

I am a real American
Fight for their right to qualify
I am a real American
Fight for what's right
Fight for your Rizwan

the worst rain let down was in 2019 world cup (SL game), where we had a decent team and could have a good shot at semis. we had beaten the eventual world cup finalists Eng and NZ in group stage.
one bad game cost you guys in 2019, same can happen in 2024. However, Pak is unpredictable team can still rise like the Phoenix.

Reacting to the qualification scenarios of the team the former West Indian batter said:

“Of course mathematically they (Pakistan) have a chance. I think the USA just got to take care of a win in their last game, they do that and they qualify,”

“But we’re hoping that they get to win plus the USA lose their game. So my money is on the USA, I think they’re full of confidence and they would want to make it to the Super 8 that will be so huge, historic for US cricket,”

BBC forecast now saying 46 % probability of rain during the match. Don't think Lauderhill has the drainage to get the pitch prepared in time anyway.

It's gonna be

Group 1

OZ
IND
AFG
BD

Group 2

Windies
SA
ENG
USA

No point pretending otherwise.

US beat Canada and Pakistan and gave India a run for their money while Ireland was nowhere against India and lost comfortably to Canada. Why will USA suddenly lose to a poor performing in their home.
There is a difference between expectation and hope.
I'm going based on ranking and experience.
Ireland have a winning head to head Vs USA

BBC forecast now saying 46 % probability of rain during the match. Don't think Lauderhill has the drainage to get the pitch prepared in time anyway.

It's gonna be

Group 1

OZ
IND
AFG
BD

Group 2

Windies
SA
ENG
USA

So Most likely semifinals .
A1 vs B2 - Australia vs SA/ WI
A2 vs B1 - India Vs England.

Final - Australia vs England .:kp

It's gonna be

Group 1

OZ
IND
AFG
BD

Group 2

Windies
SA
ENG
USA

Hmm Australia got an easy group for super 8.

So Most likely semifinals .
A1 vs B2 - Australia vs SA/ WI
A2 vs B1 - India Vs England.

Final - Australia vs England .:kp
Ind will top the group as it's not a KO game. Come the SF or final, that's when they totally freeze! 🙂

Hmm Australia got an easy group for super 8.
Australia also can lose the match against india and Afghanistan :misbah

Good things for india and australia is that they will face each other in last match so anyone lose one game against Afghanistan likely to be out of the tournaments

Australia also can lose the match against india and Afghanistan :misbah

Good things for india and australia is that they will face each other in last match so anyone lose one game against Afghanistan likely to be out of the tournaments
Jee jee, Australia is Pakistan that'll easily get ragdolled.

Come of it mate. The Afghanistan scare won't happen a 2nd time and India is getting thrown into hyperspace.

These losers don't deserve to go to the super 8s.
They lost against frigging USA.

Babar and rizwan are solely responsible for this humiliation.

Babar lost the match against USA with his stunning knock of 44 off 43 balls and rizwan for his 32 off 42 balls.

I would kick both of them out along with Usman shadab chacha Azam and Shaheen.
These guys are the reason for Pakistan's awful showing in the tournament.

It's gonna be

Group 1

OZ
IND
AFG
BD

Group 2

Windies
SA
ENG
USA

Lauderhill has rain starting 5 am & 80% rain around 9-10 am in The weather channel & Accuweather apps.

Bro it's not probability Percentage.46 % means, rain will fall in 46 % of the places predicted by weather department.
Actually not true. That percentage is actually precipitation percentage (POP). Its basically a chance a particular area will receive rainfall at a particular point of time. Simply put its forecasted certainty that rain is expected in that area * area expected to cover by the rain. So if 80% chance of area getting rainfall at 10 am with 50% area covered will throw a POP of 40%.

Losing to a side like USA should have ramifications. If we sneak through and don’t get thrashed, a lot of these players will be able to save their careers.

This is such an embarrassing situation to be in.

Here's what someone who went to Lauderhill for Sri Lanka v Nepal said on Reddit:

I went with a couple of my friends to watch NEP vs SL game on Tuesday, June 11 in Lauderhill, Florida.

The game was scheduled to begin at 7.30pm local time and throughout the day from the moment we landed at the airport up until the next day it was continually raining.

Miraculously it stopped raining for a bit from 7pm - 8.45pm, however the drainage system at the stadium and equipment used for drying the outfield is absolutely subpar. Even though it stopped raining 5 mins before the toss and there wasn’t any rain for another hour and a half, the equipment used for drying the outfield wasn’t good enough thus leading the game to be abandoned.

Chances of rain on Tuesday were 100% compared to 75% on Friday when Ireland play USA. The only way we can actually have a game is if it doesn’t rain between 8am - 1pm local time so let’s hope for that. I’m saying 8am (even though the game begins at 10.30am) because the outfield needs to be relatively dry for the subpar equipment to dry it further and allow for any game to happen.

Pakistan is fighting the weather , its very much possible Pakistan may lose to Ireland. The point is that if Pakistan really is desperate to reach next stage they should have played better , Pakistan need to realize that in order to win big tournaments they need more than " Qudrat ka Nizam " You need to work hard and work on your skills.

You are making it seem like Pakistan would have made it to the Super 8 if Amir didn't concede 19 in the super over.

I'm sure the Pak batsmen would have messed the chase up even if Amir gave away 9 runs. If not, they'd have taken it easy vs Canada and Ireland and lost those matches.
Not interested in assumptions.

The ground is in an absolute diabolical state though.
That's the point, even if it doesn't rain tomorrow I don't think it will be possible the have the match. The entire area is flooded from what we can hear. They have infact declared an emergency. In such extreme situations where matches are not possible at all, the ICC should be a bit flexible in moving the venues for all the games scheduled there.

That's the point, even if it doesn't rain tomorrow I don't think it will be possible the have the match. The entire area is flooded from what we can hear. They have infact declared an emergency. In such extreme situations where matches are not possible at all, the ICC should be a bit flexible in moving the venues for all the games scheduled there.
No, the city is fine and journalists have been making full length videos from areas around the stadium aswell.

The ground itself is not built to international standards in terms of drainage facilities.

The outfield cannot handle any sort of water logging unfortunately.

This team has been a disgrace in the last 4 weeks on & off the field. One player has cleaned out all the burger stalls in the uk & U.S… the rest have shopped till they dropped, humiliated by Ireland USA couldn’t chase 48 of 48 with 8 wickets in hand vs ind. Here is the final nail in the coffin for a few players. look at the outfield.

I'm going based on ranking and experience.
Ireland have a winning head to head Vs USA
Ireland and the USA have competed against each other in 2 T20Is, with each team winning one match. Those matches took place in 2021, when the USA was weaker. The USA's current lineup has defeated Bangladesh in a series.

Former Indian pacer S Sreesanth said while talking on Indian media:

“I don’t think Pakistan is following the needed routine. They don’t focus on their domestic leagues. All of their legends, like Wasim bhai (Akram) and even Waqar Younis, say they need to change the entire system. So that says where they are going wrong. I will only say this to Pakistan all the best for the next World Cup. If they come back from this position, it will be a miracle. I don’t think it will be easy.”

“One of the things about T20 World Cup is every team looks strong on paper. If we talk about planning and execution, the USA team prevailed because of their planning and execution in the past two years and they have worked hard. I want the USA team to play in the Top 8 because they deserve it. They have done more than enough justice to be a part of the Top 8.”

Quite strange to not allow the media in an icc tournament

Last edited by a moderator:
Either it should be too gloomy now or a few days ago pic as the airbender said media is not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
How is the drainage on this ground? I dont think it will rain during the game, so it all comes down to whether the outfield is safe for play. And with this much rain in last few days, even the pitch might have some water seeping down the covers

How is the drainage on this ground? I dont think it will rain during the game, so it all comes down to whether the outfield is safe for play. And with this much rain in last few days, even the pitch might have some water seeping down the covers

Steven Taylor says it has good drainage. USA player.

If
If drainage is good , and no rain during 2 hours before match time, a result should be possible
reading it will be raining for the next 3 hours

Start time already without rain is likely to be delayed

Ground staff will need an hour or so to try and make this game playable…and can’t afford another spell of rain between

There's another heavy thunderstorm forecast just before the match between 8 and 10 local. I don't think we can have anything more than a 5 over game starting at 2 pm but most likely a washout.

It's not about the rain guys, it's about the absolute rubbish standard of the ground.

Just a bit of rain can decimate the drainage facilities here. Nobody has been allowed inside the ground yet, definitely to not let journalists comment on the sad state of the ground itself.

It's not about the rain guys, it's about the absolute rubbish standard of the ground.

Just a bit of rain can decimate the drainage facilities here. Nobody has been allowed inside the ground yet, definitely to not let journalists comment on the sad state of the ground itself.
Dude, its been pelting cats and dogs for the last 1 week non-stop. There has been a flash flood emergency for days through out south Florida. Any outdoor venue would be under water right now! IF they manage a shortened match it would be amazing work by ground staff.

Reacting to the complex qualification scenarios, Brian Lara, speaking to an Indian sports channel:

“Of course, mathematically they (Pakistan) have a chance. I think the USA just got to take care of a win in their last game; they do that, and they qualify. But we’re hoping that they get to win plus the USA lose their game. So my money is on the USA. I think they’re full of confidence and they would want to make it to the Super 8. That will be so huge, historic for US cricket.”

i guess we are known for such favors.
1999 - lose to Bangladesh, they got test status
2024 - lose to USA, cricket grows there and good for game overall.

just hoping we can have a 5 match series every 2 years Pakistan vs USA - the AN cup (Absolutely Not).

not looking good. from cricinfo: Chris: "It may be dry AT the ground, but the ground is not dry. Massive puddles, hard to see this getting dry enough with more rain scheduled." Correct

Reports suggest that if the Pakistani cricket team fails to reach the Super 8 stage in this T20 World Cup, they will have to play the qualifier round for the next World Cup. However, this scenario is unlikely, as the top 8 teams in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 will directly qualify for the next T20 World Cup.

India and Sri Lanka, as hosts, will automatically qualify for the 2026 T20 World Cup. Currently, Pakistan and New Zealand are not faring well in the ongoing T20 World Cup, but they will still qualify for the next World Cup based on their superior rankings.

Even if England fails to reach the Super 8, Pakistan, England, and New Zealand have sufficient ranking points to secure direct qualification for the next World Cup.

Reports suggest that if the Pakistani cricket team fails to reach the Super 8 stage in this T20 World Cup, they will have to play the qualifier round for the next World Cup. However, this scenario is unlikely, as the top 8 teams in the ICC T20 World Cup 2024 will directly qualify for the next T20 World Cup.

India and Sri Lanka, as hosts, will automatically qualify for the 2026 T20 World Cup. Currently, Pakistan and New Zealand are not faring well in the ongoing T20 World Cup, but they will still qualify for the next World Cup based on their superior rankings.

Even if England fails to reach the Super 8, Pakistan, England, and New Zealand have sufficient ranking points to secure direct qualification for the next World Cup.
I read somewhere Pakistan won’t have to play qualifiers because they are ranked 7 (top 8 go through anyways)

Back