The Ashes | 1st Test | Brisbane | 28/11/10 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strauss trying to sweep, hitting nothing but air.

North bowling well here, good flight and accuracy.

Good batting from england un that 1st session, especially strauss - they just need to take it a session at a time

howzaaaaaat!

big appeal from X, but Strauss was hit outside the line.

pretty stupid to be sweeping on 96!

:four

late cut and a fiery reaction from Strauss!

great 100!

as much as I want England to lose, this is a stunning fight back...Aussies looking toothless...c'mon Punter pull a genius move!

captain's knock from Strauss...well played...

This is going to be a draw. Can't see either team taking 10 wickets on this pitch.

This def brings england back into the game, but i think a draw is on the cards

England need to increase the run rate now if they want to win this match.

Chances are there, but nothings being taken and understandably -- they've all been difficult, I didn't see johnson's drop though.

Aussie bowling looks truly woeful.

can't even do well at home!

makes me wonder how we let Sydney slip by based on this performance from Aussie bowlers...

risky shot there from Cook, cutt off the stumps.

England can only win the game if they leave an inviting total for Australia (i.e. a large one that seems attainable but will force them to really play risky cricket).

Can't see Strauss and co trying that in the first test tbh.

down the track comes Strauss, mistimes the lofted straight drive off North, but they still get 3.

I can't believe with overcast conditions Aus hasn't taken a single wicket today...shocking stuff...

England 18 short of their double ton partnership

England can only win the game if they leave an inviting total for Australia (i.e. a large one that seems attainable but will force them to really play risky cricket).

Can't see Strauss and co trying that in the first test tbh.

We will see what happens with an hour to go till stumps. If they have more than 6 in hand they might have a crack.

I can't believe with overcast conditions Aus hasn't taken a single wicket today...shocking stuff...

The OZ just need a bit of a spark. The Poms are cruising at the moment, there's no pressure on them.

sorry OG, can't wait for that spark from the Aussies, am going to bed :)

go on England, keep bashing these Aussie pie chuckers! :D

The scary thing is that Adelaide and Perth are probably going to be high(er)-scoring draws too, given the state of both bowling attacks. There's no real gun bowler on either side who can regularly induce a collapse. Both teams have hardworking bowlers who on their day can run through teams (Siddle, Swann, Anderson) but they just aren't that consistent.

This series could come down to who wins in Melbourne and Sydney. And a 1-1 draw will be good enough for the Pommies.

sorry OG, can't wait for that spark from the Aussies, am going to bed :)

go on England, keep bashing these Aussie pie chuckers! :D

I can't either, I gotta go in an hour to down some pints at the pub. These fellas are taking too long :p

Embarassingly retarted Milo advertising, with synchronised crowd dancing.

argghhh this is frustrating...I really thought Australia would win with innings and some runs to spare...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back