The Ashes | 1st Test | Brisbane | 28/11/10 | Day 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG my stream went off after 4 hours and I missed the damn wicket!!!

Is this the start of a collapse? Captain gone with deficit still in tact!

North Is Better offf spinner than Huritz.. He should establish his career as a bowler rather than a Batsman..

need to bowl with pace at Trott and entice him into driving...keep off-stump line...and wicket will come...

Whats with trott n the crease? Does he have to come down after every ball?

that was a jaffa from MJ to Trott...that's where he should be bowling at to Trott...

The problem with MJ is that he has no idea where each ball will go. Neither does the batsman, but neither do the fielders.

Cant believe that is strauss after ever dismissal by stumping

cut away for 4, but good bowling by MJ for a change. We want them to be doing that

This Test is as boring now as it was exciting on the first two days + yesterday morning.

Terrible captaincy from Punter. Trott drives MJ for four, and immediately puts a sweeper there. FFS we want people tring to drive MJ with his angle. FFS

Terrible captaincy from Punter. Trott drives MJ for four, and immediately puts a sweeper there. FFS we want people tring to drive MJ with his angle. FFS

this is not a problem with Punter only...Pakistani captains have done the same in recent times...it's frustrating to watch for sure...

Last edited:
238/1 at Tea England, lead by 17...Aus desparately needs 3-4 wickets more by end of day...

otherwise we are headed for a draw...Australia's game to win from here on...

Well played boys! Shown those Aussie bowlers to be the trundlers that the truly are.

Bat today and tomorrow morning smash it around. Declare at lunch andnlet swann do the rest. 0-1 England. Easy easy.

Or just bat out a draw...

Well played boys! Shown those Aussie bowlers to be the trundlers that the truly are.

Bat today and tomorrow morning smash it around. Declare at lunch andnlet swann do the rest. 0-1 England. Easy easy.

Or just bat out a draw...

Wishful thinking there

Its gonna b a draw

Credit to England for the fightback. Our attack looked pretty pedestrian in the first innings, it was only Siddle killing it that made the difference. Barring another Siddle killing, this is going to be a draw I think....

@ RA -- AUSSIES Still have enough time to get back into the match.. All They need is few quick wickets and 2nd new ball will be available after next 2 overs

Wishful thinking there

Its gonna b a draw
All three results are still possible I reckon, although an England win I accept is the least likely.

The teams are under a lot of pressure meaning there are always lots of twists in every Ashes test match nowadays, usually due to batting collapses. Cook has to go on and get 150, otherwise Oz could still trigger panic in the England team.

England has done well to recover here. I must say I am very impressed with Cook - one of the most underrated test openers.

All three results are still possible I reckon, although an England win I accept is the least likely.
"All" and "three" don't go together in the context of a Test match result. :p

Agree with your general comment though - game isn't over yet, not by a long shot.

England has done well to recover here. I must say I am very impressed with Cook - one of the most underrated test openers.

Cook seems to have sorted out the fact that he used to chase early outside off. Better leaver of the ball now.

Cook seems to have sorted out the fact that he used to chase early outside off. Better leaver of the ball now.

He's also quite a brutal puller. Enjoyed some of his pulls off the quicks.

I just woke up.

Ah, this is much more like it! Some proper English crease occupation on a flattie. Well done the openers.

Come on Trotty, do the gardening before every single ball, wind up those Aussies....

Once Aussies take the first wicket they will likely run through the fragile batting line up.

1-0 is a certainty.

The Poms look dead and buried in Brisbane. Defeat is inevitable.

I thought I would just cherrypick these comments from the day three thread. There are no certainties or inevitabilities in cricket.

Last edited:
This day was as good for England as yesterday was for us. Good contest.

MJ looks totally shot though, he will be under pressure for the next test.

yes i noticed MJ...terrible day for aussies
only 1 wicket
recently i have been thinking standard of bowling is dropped..there are no great bowlers in the game as of now..and my curiousity was addressed when atherton asked holding during the match what bowlers would he pick for world eleven
he said steyn and swann..he then mentioned ishant sharma and aamir
so that goes to show theres not many world class bowlers as oppose to few years ago when akram,younis, warne, mcgrath, murali, walsh, ambrose and many others played at the same time
sad to see the bat dominating so much..if it was for me i would give more to the bowlers

Last edited:
MJ's batting has deteriorated horribly over the last year too so his occupation of that no8 position is almost academic. Doherty looks like he could push up one place if need be.

I suppose Johnson is that kind of player though, he can change the game on one session whether batting or bowling. 32 or so wickets for Bollinger this year, and he bowls so well at home in particular makes him hard to ignore.

Very poor today, Mitch.

good for England.

Let this be a lesson for Australia I guess. Don't drop your best bowler who averages in the low 20s.

Bollinger will be picked for next test now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back