The Ashes | 1st Test | Brisbane | 29/11/10 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ

Hall of Famer
Runs
England lead by 88, 9 wkts in hand.

ALL results are theoretically possible.

can the Aussies do a miracle and repeat the heroics of the 2nd Test of the previous Ashes in Australia?

will England declare and dangle the carrot for the Roos?

watch this space!

:wg vs :don COMING UP!

7 minutes?

England need to set a sporting declaration. No boring draws please. :aali

Gooch reckons England have to bat for 3 hrs to be safe. Must of dreamt of a collapse.

show some cojones Goochie! make 'em play for the win!

Too many conservative captains going around these days. :imran

latest loud and clear talk in bookies circles is as follows :ibutt

1/20 Draw

25/1 Aussies

50/1 England

Aussies at 25/1 is a bit of value imo because i'm not sure i would trust England NOT to collapse from this position 24 times out of 25 :kami

latest loud and clear talk in bookies circles is as follows :ibutt

1/20 Draw

25/1 Aussies

50/1 England

Aussies at 25/1 is a bit of value imo because i'm not sure i would trust England NOT to collapse from this position 24 times out of 25 :kami

how about save your money this time mate, Mr and Mrs WhiteDude might not have anything to eat one night at this rate :inzi

Just had a 3 hour nap prior to start of play and feel totally crap.

lol, Channel 9 comms reminiscing about Adelaide 2006 :warne

how about save your money this time mate, Mr and Mrs WhiteDude might not have anything to eat one night at this rate :inzi

i know mate, i've had a shocking weekend. I backed Ian Poulter to win the Dubai golf at 14/1 but because of all these late nights watching the cricket i was unable to monitor his progress this morning (final round started 8 AM) Poulter lost in a play-off and apparently at one point he was trading at 1/5 and i would have traded out for a handsome profit if i hadn't been fast asleep oblivious to what was happening on course :6:

at this rate i'm going to have to sell Mrs WhiteDude to subsidise my losses :))

any takers?

Aus bowling attack not very potent at all. They'll need more individual moments of brilliance a la Siddle first innings to win this Ashes.

i know mate, i've had a shocking weekend. I backed Ian Poulter to win the Dubai golf at 14/1 but because of all these late nights watching the cricket i was unable to monitor his progress this morning (final round started 8 AM) Poulter lost in a play-off and apparently at one point he was trading at 1/5 and i would have traded out for a handsome profit if i hadn't been fast asleep oblivious to what was happening on course :6:

at this rate i'm going to have to sell Mrs WhiteDude to subsidise my losses :))

any takers?

lol.

Reminds me, totally missed Froch V Abraham. Let's hope Trott is out by the time I come back.

:four

Cook under edges the pull, speeds away past Haddin.

caressed thru extra cover, nice shot from Cook.

3 more.

Cook's really hitting them now, a real thwack each time he hits it.

The result of this match is now irrelevant - it's going to be a draw. What's going to be important is how to finish this match as well as possible and to get the most momentum heading into Adelaide. England will want to declare at some point, preferably with no additional wickets lost, as an "is that the best you got" to the OZ bowlers and then try and take 5 or 6 wickets of their own. As for the OZ, they will want to finish off the match by pounding a few to the boundary.

full and strioked thru cover for 3, that's the 150 for Cook!

well played.

Ricky wasting time, doesn't want to lose. :afridi

This is the single most annoying thing about Dubya for mine. He has endless pitch conferences all the time. He's reacting to the opposition too often.

Mitch replacing Siddle.

needs to show something here, otherwise may have to sit out the next Test.

lol, Trott just tucks Mitch away as if he's an Indian trundler.

so sad.

They won't drop Johnson, they rate him too highly. He is NOT an allrounder though LOL.

Ridiculous, i quit watching this! Just hope cook doesnt pass husseys score, but that looks inevitable.

Both Siddle and Hilfy have tried hard but there isn't anything major in the air or off the pitch to extract anything even a little bit dangerous for the batsmen

MJ also looking unimpressive

If he carries this on in the ashes - he could very well be onto a Gillespie-esque path

Oh, a bit of inward movement for Johnson, might have hit a crack.

Mitch is a trundler right now, pace is down 10 mph, he can't swing it so without pace and bounce he is useless.

oh, jaffa from Watto, just moved away a touch.

Pathetic bowling by Johnson. Floaty, friendly stuff.

Warne tried to jinx a Trott hundred, he hit 4 next ball lol.

if the Aussies had done their homework they'd know Trott tends to hit it uppishly towards gully.

Pakistan nailed him a few times there this summer.

Adelaide's supposed to be even flatter?! :facepalm:

Actually nothing too wrong with this gabba pitch, it was a little bit soft and slow but it has some grass and there has been sideways movement all test long.

Rather than a poor pitch, this is an example of toothless bowling, dropped chances and Ponting not have enough slips and gullies in to get the catches, it's 4 through 4th slip/2nd gully every time!

Nothing to lose by having these catchers in at the moment, why not have them?

Last edited:
Warne thinking the right way, he wants a declaration. :imran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back