The Ashes | 1st Test | Brisbane | 29/11/10 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
England should have continued batting and mentally destroyed the Aussies quickies completely rather than giving them a breather

Instead, they are playing Ponting into form.

No I still rate him but he doesn't take enough wickets.

And too much of a risk to have the sameish attack having to bowl first up in Adelaide. We don't have any automatic bowler selections now so gotta pick an attack for the conditions. Adelaide is not going to help the Hilf.

The problem with the Hilf is that while he's a genuine swing bowler he still needs help from the pitch and the conditions, bit more so than Anderson from what I can see. What we don't have is someone who can keep the runs down and bowl a very tight controlled and consistent line. Siddle, while being one of our best this match, just doesn't have quite the control to have the ball on a string.

What Siddle does give us is a hardworking bloke who will run in all day and not give up. I know the boffins in charge like having MJ in there because he's a wicket-taker, I reckon he needs to go for someone like Bollinger.

And we need to figure out how we're going to give Twatson more overs. He was terribly underbowled this match. I suspect they won't change the batting lineup for Adelaide, but if it were me I would take a punt on bringing in Khawaja, dropping Clarke if he is unfit, and slotting Twatson in at No.4. Then drop MJ for Bollinger and keep Doherty, he's earned another go.

Looks like Pntings all for winning this one.

Dubya just wants to get a half century and for Twatto to get a half century just to show England that they can't take wickets either.

Assalam'walaykum to All..

Ponting is Attacking. This may not bring any result for Aussie, But Ponting is getting back some very good attacking form.. :14:

As I predicted, poor move by England to bowl

Should have run Australia ragged on the field instead of giving some of the out of form batsmen confidence.

This is exactly what Ponting must be feeling now.

He'll go in much happier after this knock seeing how hes middled the ball rather than going in with a failure on his back
or it could so easily had gone against him and his team. Critics would have bashed him for not declaring and will have stamped "fear" all over him and this English side... the bowling department to be precise.

Finn is truly a pie chucker

Can't believe he got 6 in the first innings :facepalm:

At what point are they going to call it off? If Strauss or the umps ask Ponting I reckon he should say NO. Make England field till stumps are officially called.

At what point are they going to call it off? If Strauss or the umps ask Ponting I reckon he should say NO. Make England field till stumps are officially called.

Hey why not? Its good batting practice

I think they will call it off with 15 overs left as that signifies the last hour and umpires and captains can agree on calling the game off

So I think 1 more over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back