The Ashes | 1st Test | Brisbane | 29/11/10 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most unsporting wicket I've seen in Australia ever...

Is that a sign for things to come in later matches?

it's been sporting, it's the Aussies bowling and Punter's captaincy that has been pathetic.

I wish they'd at least attack the bejesus out of Australia.

This is just boring, stop defending.

No need to declare now. Save the bowlers legs and grind Australia into the dirt until Ponting has to shake hands and call it a draw.

Declaration coming I think. Possibly when they get to 300? 300 might not be enough for Strauss.

what's the point now, might as well let Cook have a go at Lara's 400 :hanif

do the poms aka UN know that this can't be chasedd? whats the point of keep batting on?

why bowl when you can bat....what the point of you chasing leather when the opp can do it for you :afridi

its not that England have the bowlers who can take 10 aus wickets in 1.5 sessions

Last edited:
Theyre just playing for their records. Trott looking to score a double ton as well.

Declaration!

That not-out will help Cook's average in Oz no end.

Because there's no chance of a win on either side. What's at stake is momentum going into the next match. While England keep batting, even if it's pointless in the context of this match, each run that England score makes OZ look more and more powerless. If England were to put OZ in now and try to get the OZ to go for a win, if they in turn can't take wickets then the questions will start to be asked of them instead.

So they will put the OZ in when there is not enough time to bowl us out, but where there is time to take a few key wickets at least.

Sorry mate but I don't buy into that. Australia have been punished on the field, it's 500+/1. England should look to take a few wickets and test them out, you never know.

At last England declare.

Now Aus will go into T20 mode and win this with an over spare. :p

screw you Strauss, you could have had an honest go at the Aussies and looked for the win!

has a team every chased 300 in one session before. for that matter has a team EVER scored 300 in a session before.

It's a pretty flat wicket and it's a bit under 7rpo in 43 overs. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. But I doubt the OZ will chase it, priority #1 will be to not lose a wicket, because England will be wanting to make it look like they can take a few in a session when the OZ could only take 1 in a day and a half of play.

Only England can win from here which is unlikely. Australia have to score at more than 7 to win which is probably impossible.

If we win it will be the best day of my life as a cricket fan.

it's still good though.

297 to win .... Strauss didn't want to put 300 figure on the table .... the bait is pretty much on for Australia.

Australia should open with The North! Get rid of some baggage.

Yep, it would be the best.

for the record, scoring 300 in 40 overs in a test match would be IMPOSSIBLE, even for JL and Haydos. this is a test match, you get a shiny red ball and you can bowl whoever you want to whatever field you want for as long as you like. this isn't an ODI.

for the record, scoring 300 in 40 overs in a test match would be IMPOSSIBLE, even for JL and Haydos. this is a test match, you get a shiny red ball and you can bowl whoever you want to whatever field you want for as long as you like. this isn't an ODI.

exactly.

the only team I'd think could do it would be India.

and that too on a dead Vishakapatnam wicket.

Australia should have opened with someone out of form. Should have opened with MJ and gone for the win. :fawad

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Lehmann
Gilchrist

had these guys been batting together, match would have been on as opposed to

Watson
Katich
Ponting
North :facepalm:
Clarke

Highly improbable but not impossible. The pitch is the best you'll get to try a chase but Aus won't bother imo.

England can win the game here, depends how Aus play.
If Australia go for the win, they will probably lose. If Australia go into complete block mode, they risk a collapse against Swann. Need to play as naturally as possible.

Stuart 'hattrick victim and 0-72' Broad introduced with the new ball now.

Id be gutted if wickets start dropping. Watson should take all his agression out now. He looked pissed when bowling

Finn is wearing the most hideous pair of sunglasses :kanyewest

steady over from Jimmy, nothing there for him though.

too bad :wg

What does the English crowd sing ? Seems pretty cool sometimes.
Pretty unique way to support your team.

Watson playing a straight ball for the inswinger. Good bowling again.

:out

Gooooooooone! Katich fiddles at one and caught at first slip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back