The Ashes | 1st Test | Brisbane | 29/11/10 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is hard to watch
where is competitive cricket
can't believe i am saying this when AUSSIES are involved

its the month of november..the month of draws and boring test match cricket

pak vs sa
india vs nz barring one match which was also far from competitive..an innings win for india
srilanka vs wi

and now this even though hasnt finished yet

Last edited:
England need to speed it up and declare, this is boring.

:four

Wow what a shot, steps out to Doherty and slammed back past the bowler, pure class from Cook!

This is excellent. If I was England I would bat until close, end up on 700-1, best way to demoralise a side. :inzi

Trott with the powerful on drive, another top shot!

England should just go for the mental kill and start lashing the bowlers whichever way they feel. Declare in a position where a draw is safe and watch the Aussie wickets fall as they attempt to chase. Very pleasing to see England bat out of their skin and save the test.

Laraesque pull from Cook

then edged and dropped! :))

tough chance that one.

lofted straight drive from Jonathan :inzi Trott! brilliant!

how come australia did not make haed wickets like when they did when Pakistan wa there?

This is a joke. Every minute we toil out in the field we make the Poms feel like they won this even though it's probably going to be a draw. Put us in so we can score 200 for no loss. Even if it's a draw at least we'll feel like we won too :D

These Barmy Army blokes are absolutely immense...

Nothing wrong with the pitch, half a dozen chances flew through slips/gully in the first hour but Clarke dropped them or Ponting didn't have any catchers there.

Balls have turned square off the rough, zipped off cracks but Punter has no catchers in. Definately possible to take wickets on it, ball still moving on day 5 but bowling and captaincy and fielding have been poor.

It's clearly not a pitch like the Gabba of old, or even of a few days ago. It's flattened out pretty well. Five tons including a double have been scored on it. That said the bowling on both sides has been poor and opportunities haven't been taken.

how come australia did not make haed wickets like when they did when Pakistan wa there?

We did. These are pretty much the same wickets you guys played on too.

slammed over mid-on by Cook

and then :four byes down leg

1/500

ever happened before?

Edit: to Australia I mean :yk

48 Overs left. England might as well just start playing ODI cricket here and see if they can score 300 more runs in that time frame :))

I think it is safe to say even the current Pakistani bowling attack without Aamer , Asif and Wahab is not THIS bad

1/500

ever happened before?

Edit: to Australia I mean :yk

Not that I can remember lol. I was at the SCG when India put up 700+ against Steve Waugh's team back in Jan 2004. I think it was on Day 2 when I looked up at the scoreboard and I saw Laxman on 179 and Tendy on 180. Tendy went on to score 240-odd, but that day I think only one wicket fell.

282 on this pitch looks very chaseable.

They won't leave us enough time to chase anything. They're not trying to win. They will probably declare with a lead of 300+ with a session to go. Makes us chase 10+ an over and try to take some top order wickets just to show that they can. This is all about who can go into the Adelaide Test with the most momentum now.

When is this going to end? Englands really enjkying this domination. Put the aussies in, lets see what their worth on a pitch they were able to amass 500+ runs.

Not sure why England are so happy? It's weak for a team to just carry on for this long.

Just keep on batting if I was England

Shatter the confidence

Destroy them mentally

Australia would love nothing more right now than walking off the field

What are the Stats of Aleem Dar umprining so Far ? How many right decisions and how many bad decisons he gave ?

if he doesn't declare in the next 10 mins, I'm off!

The most unsporting wicket I've seen in Australia ever...

Is that a sign for things to come in later matches?

Not sure why England are so happy? It's weak for a team to just carry on for this long.

Because there's no chance of a win on either side. What's at stake is momentum going into the next match. While England keep batting, even if it's pointless in the context of this match, each run that England score makes OZ look more and more powerless. If England were to put OZ in now and try to get the OZ to go for a win, if they in turn can't take wickets then the questions will start to be asked of them instead.

So they will put the OZ in when there is not enough time to bowl us out, but where there is time to take a few key wickets at least.

Aussies commentators doing a rameez Raja. LOL Bashing their own players that is. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back