The Ashes | 1st Test | Brisbane | 29/11/10 | Day 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's more Pom supporters than Aussie supporters at the Gabba.

And Ponting has one slip and one gully, confident bloke :inzi

As I say that, Clarke drops a sitter :)))

dropped!!!!

Clarke shells an absolute dolly at slip!

Clarke has dropped 2 lol.

4 more, this time to Cook.

Johnson bowling absolute poo.

364-1 Incredible scorecard against the Aussies at home.

You CANNOT win if you drop those types of catches, particularly when so few chances have been created in the innings.

Actually nothing too wrong with this gabba pitch, it was a little bit soft and slow but it has some grass and there has been sideways movement all test long.

Rather than a poor pitch, this is an example of toothless bowling, dropped chances and Ponting not have enough slips and gullies in to get the catches, it's 4 through 4th slip/2nd gully every time!

Nothing to lose by having these catchers in at the moment, why not have them?

The wicket's been pretty flat, but the bowling on both sides has been ordinary too, as has the field placements. Both captains clearly went into this match making sure they didn't lose, rather than trying to win.

Dubya's just waiting for them to declare now.

This is village bowling by Johnson.

They will declare when Trott gets to his hundred.

Problem with Mitch is that he has the mental strength of a goldfish - lets the crowd get to him too much.

:)) :)) :))

Mitch with the worst delivery I've ever seen

:four wides

Problem with Mitch is that he has the mental strength of a goldfish - lets the crowd get to him too much.

Interesting. I've always thought he was very talented but had a terrible temperament. Usually cracks under pressure.

need 4 or 5 more of those from Mitch and Eng should be able to declare :asif

Mental capitulation of Aus... and that too without any sledging!!!.... Eng are amazing :)

Australia,

"You know things are bad when..."

... commentators talk about playing Steve Smith as a second spinner in an Ashes test.

change of ends for Watto :13:

why change him from the end where he was beating the bat and produced an edge?

Watson changing ends. Clarke still at slip though haha.

400-1

When was the last time this happened to Australia?

:four

short, Cookie leans back and plays a lovely cut, bounces over Hussey at gully.

Oh, bit of away seam off a crack perhaps. Cut away for four by Cook.

really an atrocious performance in 2nd innings...serious concerns for Aussies...

I cannot remember a time their bowling being battered like this at anytime at home in all my years watching!

LOOOOOL!

Watto LITERALLY looks like he will burst into tears!

hahahaha!

2 consecutive late cuts for :four from the Ape

200 partnership up! Damn!

400-1

When was the last time this happened to Australia?

good question, I've never seen it. The pitch is still offering movement and has cracks so you can't blame it on a road pitch either. It is just awful catching and poor bowling and ricky not having in enough catchers behind the wicket.

Last edited:
the sad part is the Aussies haven't bowled that badly this morning.

made quit a few opportunities.

Watson looking for the full nip backer, lb or bowled. :akhtar

:four

Cook steps out and whacks X over midwicket.

and another :four

ball hits a crack and turns square, byes!

oh deary me!

and another :four

flicked fine

400 up!!!

1/400

1/400

1/400

Someone tell me when was the last time this happened to Australia?

complete and utter humiliation!

England HAVE to go for the win today, absolutely no better chance!

edge through 2nd slip- WHY NOT HAVE CATCHERS RICKY? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO DEFEND? NOTHING TO LOSE AT ALL BY HAVING SLIPS AT THIS STAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Swann and KP could bowl 'em out on this wicket, its turning all over the place off the cracks!

The Australian public obviously haven't been harsh enough on this team. This is just poor cricket.

Might as well shake hands now and call it a draw Ricky!!.... No imagination whatsoever.... Ricky learnt these tactics from the best......... Moyo :)

Pointing is a very very defensive captain

Agreed, there is absolutely nothing to gain at this point by defending and can only gain (confidence, respect, maybe even bowl them out) by attacking and yet he won't place catchers on a pitch beginning to play tricks with edges flying through slips every over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back