The Ashes | 3rd Test | Perth | Day 1 | 16/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck to Hughes, Beer and Smith for us. Big moment for them.

Big game for Ricky Ponting and Mitchell Johnson.

Best of luck to the Saffers.

I am picking Mitchell Johnson for my fantasy team. I am expecting him to rebound and take 5fer in this match.

Good Luck to Aussies.

why has beer been picked, such an ordinary record.Are australian selectors nuts? I thought pcb was the only board with follish people in it ,it seems now when team is in trouble things start coming out.

I thought warne said no beer? Whats going on? Can someone tell me the confirmed team?

Pretty much a deciding match. The urn will remain with england then.

I really hope australia put up a good fight

The big early news is that Michael Beer has been left out of Australia's starting XI, as confirmed by Cricket Australia on Twitter.

lol Beer isn't even playing. Aussies will go with 4 quicks and Smith.

Didn't make much sense playing another spinner when smith can do a decent job and bat. Beer would probably get outbowled by Smith anyway.

So much for all of that. Seemed uneccessary to dig Beer up out of nowhere, and end up not playing him lol.

lol Beer isn't even playing. Aussies will go with 4 quicks and Smith.

Didn't make much sense playing another spinner when smith can do a decent job and bat. Beer would probably get outbowled by Smith anyway.

So much for all of that. Seemed uneccessary to dig Beer up out of nowhere, and end up not playing him lol.

is north playing? I think he is the best spinner in australia , make him bowl long spell and he will get u enough wickets.

Australia have made a good choice but I would have gone in with an extra fast bowler.

The WACA pitch looks a bit green, Poor Decision by England if Ajmal Shehzad Doesn't play

Last edited:
Aussies are going to rely heavily on their under-performing pace attack Let's see if they can deliver.

interesting times..

hope india vs sa game is also played..bloody rain

shouldn't they try covered stadiums like for soccer..rain has destroyed so many matches

I really expect a fightback from Aus, they don't go down easily. 4 pacers and Smith is a good move.

Breaking News: Beer spotted outside WACA selling his gear

:D

The all-out pace attack is reminiscent of the only time the Aussies have defeated us since the last time we were here, at Leeds in 2009, where their four guys looked thoroughly unplayable. Then again they used the same team at the Oval and they got outplayed. So, once again, we have no idea what to expect from an Ashes test. let the over-excitement and wristslitting begin

:facepalm:

England win toss and bowl.

Operation "No Beer" backfires.

Don't agree with Strauss here.

Not impressed with the Aussie attack even on this surface.

England should have batted.

it's a toughie. grass on the wicket is very tempting when you have any pace bowlers, no matter who they are. I'm sure he would have loved a bowl. could be a good toss to lose for Punter though, England might not bowl well.

previous 2 tests have been hardest to bat on day 1 and been full of runs later. maybe that is the thinking here too.

cricket is weird, all the pre-test talk was dismissive of Mr Beer but now he hasn't been picked, the same mob are like 'why did you not pick Beer, a trick has been missed'

We were going to have a bowl as well," says Ricky Ponting, in a very un-Ponting-like admission. "It's nice and green, so you'd expect some pace and bounce for the first couple of days."

Yeah right ponting, everyone knows if you had won the toss, you would have batted first regardless just like you did at Headingley, Sydney, and countless other times.

Anyways, it's actually a good toss to lose and I really like the Aussie combination for this test. Should be a good test match.

Any Link for the match..

Ashes Matches are not available in Saudi Arabia. Even there is no such thing as Subscription for Ashes Matches. So i won't consider it illegal if somebody give link for the match

England are getting the breaks in this series, and again here with the chance to bowl on a tasty green pitch first-up. great great chance to create some more pressure in this series. but they might not bowl well, and suddenly after four sessions things could get tricky for our batsmen. just another example of why test cricket is the best.

I would have batted myself but lets see how England's bowlers go....

It ain't over till- well the fat lady is singing right now...

Time for Aussies and Ponting to fight back!

Australia will be all out before tea. Hughes is poo.

Ricky must be delighted to be batting first.

Once again it will about how Jimmy bowls.

Strauss better hope that just because it's a green pitch and possibly overcast conditions, his bowlers do not get conservative and not try too many different things. Often what happens is bowlers keep spraying the ball all over the place on a green pitch just because there's a lot of movement. Anyways, here's to an exciting first session and an even more exciting test match. I actually want to see Aussies win just because I want an exciting series :p

Beer jokes on Cricinfo:

"The team with no Beer. How un-Australian,"

"Beer on ice,"

"Beer left out of the Australian side. Now a minute's silence for sub-editors around the world," Michael says. Well, yes, but of course we can make the point that Beer has gone flat already.

May as well get another Beer pun in: ""Beer must be bitter about his omission from the team," says Nick. While Bryan adds: "It's now time for the sacking of Ricky Ponting, with the pitch expected to crack on day 4 and 5. Ricky Needs a Beer!!!" Outstanding work from you all.

Time to buckle up!

Btw :)) the beer jokes, he had it coming.

Shane Warne opening the commentary. A bit of banter already. :)))

Some swing already. Looks like the new ball will do plenty on here.

Watson out.

He's reviewed it, doesn't seem out - looks to be off the leg.

What amazing umpiring. :billyd

Thankfully :aleemdar is 3rd ump.

Tremlett should just bowl bouncers to Hughes. :akhtar

Hughes looking pretty average in these first few balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back