The Babar Azam versus Virat Kohli comparison

To me, Babar was never on Kohli's level. He's more like Faf du Plessis; very good batsman, some memorable innings here and there, but no one would bring him up in a conversation about the best batsmen in the world.

The guy is a walking wicket against full strength squads, and in SENA. The moment there is a challenge or the attack is good, he is a goner. I knew beforehand what his output would be in the last WC and in this tour to Australia. In fact, anyone with sense knew it beforehand.

I am the biggest admirer of Babar and have always rated him almost as highly as Kohli

well tbh with Babar's recent form i can safely say that there is no comparison between the two

I am the biggest admirer of Babar and have always rated him almost as highly as Kohli

well tbh with Babar's recent form i can safely say that there is no comparison between the two
I don't think that recent form is making it clear that he is not a top tier batsman. He simply never did anything in test format to be in discussion.

Away games, his average is 36 and home it's 71. But those runs at home came on super roads. SA series in Pakistan had good pitch and he averaged 30. Given his poor game against spin, he would struggle to score runs if Pakistan puts turning tracks.

He does not have stand out performances where he scored heavily in series where others were having trouble. His scores comes only when others can also score and it's not really a sign of a top tier. Some posters point to his average in xyz place, but he has like 1-2 away tons in 31 away tests. For a long enough career , 50 away tests are long enough. Even if he scores 3-4 tons in the rest of 20 away tests( not SENA, just away), it will not put him near Inzzy, YK etc in the test format.

Kohli is league of own ,Babar isn't comparable to him . Pakistan fan are overhyped him but they now checking the reality.

Babar will not get into the present Indian team. Heck he probably won't even make a Ranji side. Such an over rated player whose bubble has now burst for good.
I mean that's just too much. He's not in good form but he's still pretty damn good.

Kohli when he retires will be in the category of ATG in Tests and ODI. It was always unfair on Babar to compare him with Virat.

I don't think that recent form is making it clear that he is not a top tier batsman. He simply never did anything in test format to be in discussion.

Away games, his average is 36 and home it's 71. But those runs at home came on super roads. SA series in Pakistan had good pitch and he averaged 30. Given his poor game against spin, he would struggle to score runs if Pakistan puts turning tracks.

He does not have stand out performances where he scored heavily in series where others were having trouble. His scores comes only when others can also score and it's not really a sign of a top tier. Some posters point to his average in xyz place, but he has like 1-2 away tons in 31 away tests. For a long enough career , 50 away tests are long enough. Even if he scores 3-4 tons in the rest of 20 away tests( not SENA, just away), it will not put him near Inzzy, YK etc in the test format.
You are making a lot of logical points & talking too much sense. Babar fans are not accustomed to these. For them the dude is simply "out of form" or going through a "lean patch". They can't fathom the fact that their 👑 is nothing but an utterly mediocre hype job.

Some moderator needs to come in and delete this thread . Can’t think of a discussion which does more disservice to both the players involved .

Virat Kohli in 2023:
In Tests - 671 runs, 55.91 average.
In ODIs - 1377 runs, 72.47 average.
In T20s - 639 runs, 53.6 average.

Babar Azam in 2023:
In Tests - 205 runs, 22.77 average.
In ODIs - 1065 runs, 46.30 average.
In T20s - 130 runs, 43 average.

You are making a lot of logical points & talking too much sense. Babar fans are not accustomed to these. For them the dude is simply "out of form" or going through a "lean patch". They can't fathom the fact that their 👑 is nothing but an utterly mediocre hype job.

I thought the Aussie comms were being nice when they said he’s “out of form”.

The truth is he’s getting a lot of starts but isn’t good enough to convert them because he lacks the mentality, match awareness and the IQ to make any impact.

He’s a very average player.

I thought the Aussie comms were being nice when they said he’s “out of form”.

The truth is he’s getting a lot of starts but isn’t good enough to convert them because he lacks the mentality, match awareness and the IQ to make any impact.

He’s a very average player.
It's just not the mental barrier though. Physically The guy is extremely limited also. Zero endurance, zero athletism, zero power game, zero innovation. All he has got going is that freaking overhyped cover drive. This was bound to happen a lot earlier. A guy as such would have been exposed atleast 3 years earlier if not for covid. That damn virus prolonged his gimmick.

Babar needs a few big tournaments to establish himself as a player who can be compared to one of the greatest of all time. I think, as of yet, there is no comparison between these 2. Babar is going through a bad patch but it has been too long now.

After first 3 Tests series in Australia:

Virat Kohli: 55 Average & 6 hundreds.

Babar Azam: 28 Average & 1 hundred.
U should not underestimate the impact of his second tour.Eng got freaked out due to Mitchell Johnson bouncers and Hughes passed away jut before the tour due to a bouncers.As Greg chapped said last year, he fought against the Aussie's like an Aussie

Virat Kohli in 2023:
In Tests - 671 runs, 55.91 average.
In ODIs - 1377 runs, 72.47 average.
In T20s - 639 runs, 53.6 average.

Babar Azam in 2023:
In Tests - 205 runs, 22.77 average.
In ODIs - 1065 runs, 46.30 average.
In T20s - 130 runs, 43 average.

Oh my my.... :yk

And this comparison is between an "over the hill" 35 YO Kohli and supposedly "at the peak of his powers" 29 YO Babar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Babar needs a few big tournaments to establish himself as a player who can be compared to one of the greatest of all time. I think, as of yet, there is no comparison between these 2. Babar is going through a bad patch but it has been too long now.

There are very few batsmen who had less than 10 centuries by age of 29 and became great of game.

Notable names - Steve Waugh, VVS Laxman, Inzi.

Babar never asked for this comparison, only desis come up with these comparisons and put undue pressure on our players. Never seen English or Australian cricket community compare their guys with some XYZ.

Babar never asked for this comparison, only desis come up with these comparisons and put undue pressure on our players. Never seen English or Australian cricket community compare their guys with some XYZ.
This is true. That Babar Azam hype was largely a social media PR job helped along by helpful PCB chiefs like Ramiz Raja. Bcoz Ramiz wanted a superstar brand in Pakistan cricket like Virat Kohli & Ben Stokes. He thought Babar wud be that guy. So he asked for dead pitches to allow Babar to statpad heavily & rise to top of ICC rankings and create more content for the TikTok & Twitter armies

But at some point it all got to Babar Azam's head & he possibly started believing in is own hype & lost his focus on the game. His game has clearly deteriorated since then. Remember his century against NZ in 2019 WC on a difficult pitch. Hard to imagine him playing such a knock any more. Has lost his technique & balance

He is a 2-3 years peak in Tests away from attaining elite level.

Oh my my.... :yk

And this comparison is between an "over the hill" 35 YO Kohli and supposedly "at the peak of his powers" 29 YO Babar.
Babar started playing at least 5 years after Kohli so its foolish to compare careers until both players are retired.

Having an below average year doesnt make Babar a bad player otherwise Kohli couldnt score a test century for 3 years would make him a bad player aswell.

Every players career throughout cricket has peaks and troughs.

There is no need to go over the top with Babar.

Its because he is a top player that people criticise him because they expect more. Which is fair enough.

Most batters dont peak till 32 which is ironic when Kohli had his 3 year bad spell.

Finally he admits the truth which will be good for Babar. Babar should work on his limitation on spin bowling, power hitting and soft dismissal against bigger teams within his abilities. No point to compete with someone whom you were not born with. Babar's fans needs to accept that fact and not to put extra pressure on Babar.

Babar started playing at least 5 years after Kohli so its foolish to compare careers until both players are retired.

Having an below average year doesnt make Babar a bad player otherwise Kohli couldnt score a test century for 3 years would make him a bad player aswell.

Its because he is a top player that people criticise him because they expect more. Which is fair enough.

Most batters dont peak till 32 which is ironic when Kohli had his 3 year bad spell.
Exactly!!! I blame Babar's die hard fans for these smart remarks from India. Kohli is a legend where Babar is a decent players. I have seen lots of Indian trolls pretend to be Pakistani keep saying "Babar is million times better than Kohli." People need to report these troll for spreading hatred.

To me, Babar was never on Kohli's level. He's more like Faf du Plessis; very good batsman, some memorable innings here and there, but no one would bring him up in a conversation about the best batsmen in the world.
Babar is ranked a Top 5 batter in all 3 formats and is talked about around the globe.

Babar is ranked a Top 5 batter in all 3 formats and is talked about around the globe.
These rankings don’t mean anything because it is not a level-playing field. Babar plays a lot of matches against weak teams that boosts his ranking points.

When it is a level-playing field, i.e. all teams playing in same conditions against the same opposition, Babar fails to stand out.

If he was as good as his deluded fans say he is, he would have been the standout batsman of the 2022 and 2023 World Cups.

Babar is a very good batsman but not as good as his fans think. He never was and never will be compare to Kohli who is better than any batsman Pakistan has ever produced.

Even past his prime Kohli is better than peak Babar. Peak Kohli (2015-2019) when he was around the age Babar is now was miles better than peak Babar.

Babar fans should stop worrying about Kohli because India has produced yet another batsman (Jaiswal) who is comfortably better than Babar.

The batting standards of the two countries are not comparable. Pakistan produces one Babar and hype him to the moon whereas India produces 3-4 players better than Babar every 10 years.

Babar might be a great batsman for Pakistani standards but he is just a decent batsman for Indian standards.

I have nothing against Babar. He's a decent chap... atleast looks like one . But most of his criticism is aimed more at his delusional fanboys, who make it seem as if he's the second coming of Bradman.

The comparisons with Kohli were always going to end up in tears. Was just a matter of time.

These rankings don’t mean anything because it is not a level-playing field. Babar plays a lot of matches against weak teams that boosts his ranking points.

When it is a level-playing field, i.e. all teams playing in same conditions against the same opposition, Babar fails to stand out.

If he was as good as his deluded fans say he is, he would have been the standout batsman of the 2022 and 2023 World Cups.

Babar is a very good batsman but not as good as his fans think. He never was and never will be compare to Kohli who is better than any batsman Pakistan has ever produced.

Even past his prime Kohli is better than peak Babar. Peak Kohli (2015-2019) when he was around the age Babar is now was miles better than peak Babar.

Babar fans should stop worrying about Kohli because India has produced yet another batsman (Jaiswal) who is comfortably better than Babar.

The batting standards of the two countries are not comparable. Pakistan produces one Babar and hype him to the moon whereas India produces 3-4 players better than Babar every 10 years.

Babar might be a great batsman for Pakistani standards but he is just a decent batsman for Indian standard
I dont need rankings to tell me that Babar is a Top 5 batter in every format.

Every man and his dog knows that.

Why do you think you set the criteria of when Babar has to score to prove his greatness?.

Babar can only play what s in front of him. Other teams are not his concern.

This never compare stuff is just non sense until both players retire. . Babar started his career at least 5 years after Kohli.

Pakistan players missed out on 10 years playing at home while others were taking advantage of that luxury and yet the Green shirts were still successful.

Other teams not playing at home for 10 years would of killed their cricket.

The pakistani players deserve a lot of credit for their resilience and fortitude during those tough times constantly being on the road away from family.

Remember a player is made at home.

You want to talk about a level playing field when india are hosting tournaments regularly and gaining an advantage for their players (stats Pad) by cherry picking venues that suit them better, Dictating to the so called governing body etc.

Give me a break.

Kohli had a 3 year spell without a century so if Babar has a lean year so what.

Every player to grace the game has.

Pakistan has been producing players with a chaotic system in place without structure and plenty of interference.

where as the indian system is more organised and structured yet these 3 - 4 batters your claiming are nt pulling trees and winning tournaments.

Your talking about hype no one hypes their players more than the indian media and its fans like you.

The fact that your comparing a new opener playing at home with Babar shows you lack sincerity and credibility as well as being hypocritical, deluded and delusional in equal measure.

Your great indian batters were humbled by debutant Hartley with a 9 fer.

Indian fans like you are obsessed with individual player stats but at the end of the day its a team game and for the all the hype how many trophies have all these great batters better than Babar won for their team with this being indias best ever team.

Australia is and has always been the benchmark to beat.

Dont get it twisted.

I have nothing against Babar. He's a decent chap... atleast looks like one . But most of his criticism is aimed more at his delusional fanboys, who make it seem as if he's the second coming of Bradman.

The comparisons with Kohli were always going to end up in tears. Was just a matter of time.
I dont get the obsession of comparing players before they have retired.

Different batters peak at different times. 32 is the average age.

Babar having an average season by his standards doesnt make him a bad player just like kohli not scoring a century for 3 years doesnt make him a bad player.

I dont get the obsession of comparing players before they have retired.

Different batters peak at different times. 32 is the average age.

Babar having an average season by his standards doesnt make him a bad player just like kohli not scoring a century for 3 years doesnt make him a bad player.

Relax no one is saying Babar is a bad player. Saying he is overrated is not the same thing as saying he's a poor batter.

That is the reason why he broke many records of VK and still counting.

"Breaking records" is a very vague term in these sort of comparisons.

Sunil Chetri (Indian footballer) "broke the record" for most International goals overtaking the likes of Pele, Ronaldo (R9), Gerd Muller, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski etc etc. Can you imagine how lame it'd be if Indian fans suddenly start claiming that he's a better player than all of them?

Relax no one is saying Babar is a bad player. Saying he is overrated is not the same thing as saying he's a poor batter.
"Breaking records" is a very vague term in these sort of comparisons.

Sunil Chetri (Indian footballer) "broke the record" for most International goals overtaking the likes of Pele, Ronaldo (R9), Gerd Muller, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski etc etc. Can you imagine how lame it'd be if Indian fans suddenly start claiming that he's a better player than all of them?
Relax your comparison is rather foolish.

Imam and Babar did not break batting records by score runs against associate members.

you can think that if it makes you feel better.

Its amazing how kohli fan boys love to diminish and belittle Babar breaking kohli s records to make themselves feel better.

Be gracious and call a spade a spade.

Relax your comparison is rather foolish.

Imam and Babar did not break batting records by score runs against associate members.

you can think that if it makes you feel better.

Your a serious kohli fan boy to sink to these depths.

Even Sunil Chetri scored all those goals against permanent FIFA members.

Calm down!! :yk

Its amazing how kohli fan boys love to diminish and belittle Babar breaking kohli s records to make themselves feel better.

Be gracious and call a spade a spade.

I'm calling the spade a spade, brother.

Everyone and their dog knows that the only reason guys like Babar and Imam ul Haq "broke" those records is due to Pakistan continuously playing against weak or second string teams. For example, Babar in his strongest format (ODIs) barely has 3 memorable innings against top tier bowling attacks.

I'm calling the spade a spade, brother.

Everyone and their dog knows that the only reason guys like Babar and Imam ul Haq "broke" those records is due to Pakistan continuously playing against weak or second string teams. For example, Babar in his strongest format (ODIs) barely has 3 memorable innings against top tier bowling attacks.
Yea scoring in record breaking time was all down to playing against weak attacks.

Pathetic.

Babar job is to play what was in front of him and he succeded.

The record books say Babar Azam fastest to 2,000, 3,000, 4000 and 5000 runs.

Go and cry to the countries you think helped Babar break your boys Kohlis record.

Better still get the indian cricket board and the icc to investigate. :bobs

I dont need rankings to tell me that Babar is a Top 5 batter in every format.

Every man and his dog knows that.

Why do you think you set the criteria of when Babar has to score to prove his greatness?.

Babar can only play what s in front of him. Other teams are not his concern.

This never compare stuff is just non sense until both players retire. . Babar started his career at least 5 years after Kohli.

Pakistan players missed out on 10 years playing at home while others were taking advantage of that luxury and yet the Green shirts were still successful.

Other teams not playing at home for 10 years would of killed their cricket.

The pakistani players deserve a lot of credit for their resilience and fortitude during those tough times constantly being on the road away from family.

Remember a player is made at home.

You want to talk about a level playing field when india are hosting tournaments regularly and gaining an advantage for their players (stats Pad) by cherry picking venues that suit them better, Dictating to the so called governing body etc.

Give me a break.

Kohli had a 3 year spell without a century so if Babar has a lean year so what.

Every player to grace the game has.

Pakistan has been producing players with a chaotic system in place without structure and plenty of interference.

where as the indian system is more organised and structured yet these 3 - 4 batters your claiming are nt pulling trees and winning tournaments.

Your talking about hype no one hypes their players more than the indian media and its fans like you.

The fact that your comparing a new opener playing at home with Babar shows you lack sincerity and credibility as well as being hypocritical, deluded and delusional in equal measure.

Your great indian batters were humbled by debutant Hartley with a 9 fer.

Indian fans like you are obsessed with individual player stats but at the end of the day its a team game and for the all the hype how many trophies have all these great batters better than Babar won for their team with this being indias best ever team.

Australia is and has always been the benchmark to beat.

Dont get it twisted.
True Australia is the bench mark and when was last time Pakistan won a test there? We won two series there.

Now with all the mental gymnastics hope you remember these stats.

True Australia is the bench mark and when was last time Pakistan won a test there? We won two series there.

Now with all the mental gymnastics hope you remember these stats.
The only one attempting mental gymnastics is you.

The Name of the thread is Babar vs kohli.

Not pakistans last test win in Aus.

Now when it comes to remembering stats the one you need to remember is who is the Bo55 with the overall Wins record in Pak v ind contests.:shh

Even Sunil Chetri scored all those goals against permanent FIFA members.

Calm down!! :yk

Touché 👏

Possibly the best analogy I’ve read on PP regarding Babar’s meaningless milestones.

The only one attempting mental gymnastics is you.

The Name of the thread is Babar vs kohli.

Not pakistans last test win in Aus.

Now when it comes to remembering stats the one you need to remember is who is the Bo55 with the overall Wins record in Pak v ind contests.:shh
Then why talk about Australia in this thread and then whine about when i say about your record against aus?? Maybe next time reas what you type.

Can’t believe this thread is still going on might as well bump the Shehzad Kohli thread.

No comparison really. Babar is basically a poor man's Joe Root.

Can't believe people still rate Babar.

He has done nothing so far in his career.

Could change obviously.

But so far the comparison is like Federer vs Tommy Haas

Why are you conflating some nobody from Football with cricket

To make the likes of you to understand the simple logic that "breaking records" alone doesn't mean a player is more skillful than the ones who previously held those records.

The quality of the opponents faced and certain other variables play a much bigger role in deciding that.

Yea scoring in record breaking time was all down to playing against weak attacks.

Pathetic.

Babar job is to play what was in front of him and he succeded.

The record books say Babar Azam fastest to 2,000, 3,000, 4000 and 5000 runs.

Go and cry to the countries you think helped Babar break your boys Kohlis record.

Better still get the indian cricket board and the icc to investigate. :bobs

Fair enough to him. If you stop being emotional and read my posts with a clear mind, you'd realise that I have already appreciated Babar's batsmanship and that he's a great batter.

Problem arises when his delusional fanboys get carried away with their over the top statements (example - numerous posts on this thread) and expectations. When the dad reality is that Babar in his 9 year old international career has barely half a dozen memorable knocks in all formats.

The only innings of note Babar has played in his entire ODI career is that 100 vs Nz.
Can’t even think of any other match winning knock?
Is there someone here who can actually count 5 memorable ODI knocks from Babar?
@Mobashir
@Shoaib Akhtar 100 MPH ?

The only innings of note Babar has played in his entire ODI career is that 100 vs Nz.
@Mobashir
@Shoaib Akhtar 100 MPH ?

That innings was nothing special or notable to remember, chasing a small total with less than a 5 run per over rate.
Haris Sohail contributed equally in the same match with a better strike rate than Babar.

@Mobashir
@Shoaib Akhtar 100 MPH ?
Generally speaking PK supporters are more concerned about winning trophies and series rather than individual performances of any particular player.

Babar and kohlis comparisons are more based on the fact Babar shattered kohlis records of the fastest 2,000, 3,000, 4000 and 5,000 runs in ODIs to date.

As ive stated many times an overall fair comparison can be made when both players have retired.

Babar s debut was at least 5 years after kohli s.

Generally speaking PK supporters are more concerned about winning trophies and series rather than individual performances of any particular player.

Babar and kohlis comparisons are more based on the fact Babar shattered kohlis records of the fastest 2,000, 3,000, 4000 and 5,000 runs in ODIs to date.

As ive stated many times an overall fair comparison can be made when both players have retired.

Babar s debut was at least 5 years after kohli s.

You can compare them even 30 years from now or today.

It won't change the truth.

Adam Gilchrist would have been a sporting great in any generation and Kamran Akmal would have unable to match him even if he started 10 years after Gilchrist.

You are quite over your head on this one but you don't realize it yet.

Babar will never be able to match Kohli in icnoic knocks because he simply isn't that clutch player. He is a good player for Pakistan and that's about it. I would consider even Inzimam as more clutch than Babar. Heck, even Younis Khan is a better test player than Babar.

Waiting for 5 years won't change anything.

It is just trying to deflect the topic to 1500 days down the line.

You know you won't be here after 5 years and who will actually go back to see what you said.

But I get it.

You desperately want Babar to be as good as Kohli.

No shame there.

Good luck getting an answer to this... :yk

What do you think is the reason behind Babar fans beating the same drum of "he broke Kohli's records for fastest to 2000 , 3000, 100000 runs" etc etc etc? It is because they can't go deeper than that without coming to a bitter realisation that Babar doesn't have more than 1 or 2 high quality knocks in his 9 year long ODI career. Even they know deep inside that all Babar has done in his white ball career is stat pad against understrength and weak teams only to give subpar returns when stronger bowling attacks appear in big tournaments.

You can compare them even 30 years from now or today.

It won't change the truth.

Adam Gilchrist would have been a sporting great in any generation and Kamran Akmal would have unable to match him even if he started 10 years after Gilchrist.

You are quite over your head on this one but you don't realize it yet.

Babar will never be able to match Kohli in icnoic knocks because he simply isn't that clutch player. He is a good player for Pakistan and that's about it. I would consider even Inzimam as more clutch than Babar. Heck, even Younis Khan is a better test player than Babar.

Waiting for 5 years won't change anything.

It is just trying to deflect the topic to 1500 days down the line.

You know you won't be here after 5 years and who will actually go back to see what you said.

But I get it.

You desperately want Babar to be as good as Kohli.

No shame there.
Unfortunately you dont get it which is why your coming up with random comparisons like Kami and Gilly.

Babar has already broken 4 kohli records so why are you hating. You dont have to wait 5 years its happened.

Thats the truth and you have nt realised it.

YK is a way better test player than kohli having scored 10,000 plus runs without the luxury of home tests for 10 years during the peak of his career against far superior bowlers than kohlis faced. Thats the truth.

What is amazing is people think you can limit a player to what they can achieve and then say it with certainty.
That is laughable.

Kohli fan boys try to deflect how for all of kohli s individual performances how many tournaments has he won for his country?

How many finals has he failed to get his team over the line with their best ever side.

I could say warner has been more successful than kohli with world cup wins, Test series wins, etc.

Cricket is a team game not an individual sport which seems to go over your head with this kohli obsession.

The shame is hate for Babar where as I can respect and admire both players as I do Kane and root.
Smith might not be pleasing to the eye but you have to respect the mans effort and record.

Anyone without an agenda would wait till both players are retired to make a fair comparison.

Unfortunately you dont get it which is why your coming up with random comparisons like Kami and Gilly.

Babar has already broken 4 kohli records so why are you hating. You dont have to wait 5 years its happened.

Thats the truth and you have nt realised it.

YK is a way better test player than kohli having scored 10,000 plus runs without the luxury of home tests for 10 years during the peak of his career against far superior bowlers than kohlis faced. Thats the truth.

What is amazing is people think you can limit a player to what they can achieve and then say it with certainty.
That is laughable.

Kohli fan boys try to deflect how for all of kohli s individual performances how many tournaments has he won for his country?

How many finals has he failed to get his team over the line with their best ever side.

I could say warner has been more successful than kohli with world cup wins, Test series wins, etc.

Cricket is a team game not an individual sport which seems to go over your head with this kohli obsession.

The shame is hate for Babar where as I can respect and admire both players as I do Kane and root.
Smith might not be pleasing to the eye but you have to respect the mans effort and record.

Anyone without an agenda would wait till both players are retired to make a fair comparison.
Yk is not a better player than kohli in any world.
He boosted his stats by playing in the flat roads of UAE and has only 6 tons in SENA.
Far better bowling, give me a break.
Uae Khan was a poor player of fast bowling and could never dominate them.
Kohli plays in one of the most bowling friendly eras

He boosted his stats by playing in the flat roads of UAE and has only 6 tons in SENA.
Bowling friendly era. you must be mad. 2 new balls, No reverse swing, Batting friendly wickets, short boundaries, mystery spin outlawed, massive bats etc.

you need to study the game.

YK played in the era of some of the greatest bowlers to play the game. Ambrose, walsh, Murali, warne, mcgrath, bond the list is endless.

The bowlers of today are no where near that quality.

Yk dominated india in india. He was a monster.

scored test tons against everyone and mssed out 10 years of playing at home where he would of scored a mountain of runs.

Get your head out of kohli s rear end and face facts.

Where as kohli plays game after game at home on those flat roads to boost his average.

Kohli fanatics in over drive.

The words deluded and delusional spring to mind.

Bowling friendly era. you must be mad. 2 new balls, No reverse swing, Batting friendly wickets, short boundaries, mystery spin outlawed, massive bats etc.

you need to study the game.

YK played in the era of some of the greatest bowlers to play the game. Ambrose, walsh, Murali, warne, mcgrath, bond the list is endless.

The bowlers of today are no where near that quality.

Yk dominated india in india. He was a monster.

scored test tons against everyone and mssed out 10 years of playing at home where he would of scored a mountain of runs.

Get your head out of kohli s rear end and face facts.

Where as kohli plays game after game at home on those flat roads to boost his average.

Kohli fanatics in over drive.

The words deluded and delusional spring to mind.

I am talking about test cricket, while your 1st paragraph is about odis. Even Khan's own family wouldn't consider him to be a better odi player than virat, yk is one of the worst odi batsmen ever.

This is the one of the hardest eras for batting in tests.
Yk played in the era of flat roads all over the world (2000-2015) and was a UAE bully.

He played against McGrath and warne and was mediocre against them and did nothing against Ambrose and walsh.

Scoring against that mediocre indian line up on those pitches ain't an achievement, sehwag used to average 91 against Pakistan.

You really need to learn something about the game, kohli is superior to both babar and younis.

Kohli plays on rank turners at home, not pindi highways and still averages 60

I am talking about test cricket, while your 1st paragraph is about odis. Even Khan's own family wouldn't consider him to be a better odi player than virat, yk is one of the worst odi batsmen ever.

This is the one of the hardest eras for batting in tests.
Yk played in the era of flat roads all over the world (2000-2015) and was a UAE bully.

He played against McGrath and warne and was mediocre against them and did nothing against Ambrose and walsh.

Scoring against that mediocre indian line up on those pitches ain't an achievement, sehwag used to average 91 against Pakistan.

You really need to learn something about the game, kohli is superior to both babar and younis.

Kohli plays on rank turners at home, not pindi highways and still averages 60
I was talking about tests.

So what your saying is two off your best spinners ever kumble are habhajan were bang average.

YK averages 50.63 in Aus and and 57.40 overall vs Aus you clown.

Your deluded and delusional if you think YK played in era of roads while kohli is playing on bowler friendly wickets.

Next your gonna say the bowlers are better now than the YK era.

kohli is playing in an era of average bowlers, Big bats, Small boundaries etc.

YK missed out on 10 years of home pitches unlike kohli.

YK was a master of playing spin bowling and dominated spinners on turning tracks where as kohli struggles against spin.

you need to learn that the sun does nt shine out of kohli s backside and he has floors like every other player.

outside off stump, left arm quicks , spin are his weak areas.

when Babar and kohli are done playing can a fair comparison be made.

Right now Babar has played round half the tests or less compared to kohli so relax and stop hating.

Your talking as if Babar has retired. never on his level.

He s already been described as the best batter in the world when he won cricketer of the year etc.

Where have you been?.

There are at least 8 Pak batsmen more accomplished than Babar. Hanif Mohd, Zaheer Abbas, Miandad, Inzi, Anwar, YK, Yousuf, Majid Khan. I am not sure you can put Babar ahead of Azhar Ali, Mudassar Nazar, Saleem Malik, Mushtaq Mohd, Asif Iqbal just as a batsman and remember many of those were ARs. I may be missing more names.

Kohli is at worst third best from India, behind Tendulkar and Gavaskar.

This is an absurd comparison. Kohli vs Inzi would have at least made some sense, India's 3rd best vs Pak's 3rd best, assuming most Pak fans rate YK and Miandad as Pak's top two.

"Younis Khan was a better test batsman than Virat Kohli 🤡 "

Virat Kohli in Tests outside the subcontinent (barring Zimbabwe)-

Average - 44
Centuries - 13

Younis Khan in Tests outside the subcontinent (barring Zimbabwe)-

Average - 39
Centuries - 6

And this despite Kohli playing in a much more bowling friendly era (backed up by CricViz data) in SENA. :)

Imagine Kohli's Test average if he got to play a big chunk of his Tests on those UAE/Pak featherbeds of the 2000s.

Babar is superior to root in ODI s dont get it twisted.

You really seem to rate Babar as an ODI batter.

Can you list out Babar Azam's top 10 knocks in his nine year old ODI career so far? I can then list out Kohli's top 10 ODI knocks of his first 9 years and then we can have an entertaining discussion on the overall quality of both of their ODI careers. I'll be waiting... :)

Your talking as if Babar has retired. never on his level.

He s already been described as the best batter in the world when he won cricketer of the year etc.

Where have you been?.
yeah lmao I'm very well aware at how he's been praised, I'm just saying in my eyes he was never on Kohli's level... that's why I started that by saying "To me..."

Younis Khan is better in asain conditions 100%

The only 2 players who I would say are better than Kohli are Miadad or Younis.

Can you list out Babar Azam's top 10 knocks in his nine year old ODI career so far? I can then list out Kohli's top 10 ODI knocks of his first 9 years and then we can have an entertaining discussion on the overall quality of both of their ODI careers. I'll be waiting... :)
No comparison, Kohli is way way better compared to Babar, no shame for us Pak fans to admit that.

I said Babar is better than root in ODIs.

Kohli, tell me how many world cups he's won when you count the 10 memerable knocks he s played to win it.

Ill be waiting :bobs

I said Babar is better than root in ODIs.

Kohli, tell me how many world cups he's won when you count the 10 memerable knocks he s played to win it.

Ill be waiting :bobs

Fine.

Actually Kohli has won a World Cup in 2011.

How many has Babar won?

Waiting.

Fine.

Actually Kohli has won a World Cup in 2011.

How many has Babar won?

Waiting.
Are you seriously telling me that kohli won the world cup with his batting.

waiting.

Being part of a team and winning of your own bat are two completely different things.

The answer is neither player won the world cup for their sides. :genius

Are you seriously telling me that kohli won the world cup with his batting.

waiting.

Being part of a team and winning of your own bat are two completely different things.

The answer is neither player won the world cup for their sides. :genius

So first it was "how many he has won" and now it has changed to "how many he has won all by himself"

You sure you want me to answer this argument and not going to switch your tune again?

So first it was "how many he has won" and now it has changed to "how many he has won all by himself"

You sure you want me to answer this argument and not going to switch your tune again?

One batsman has like 1-2 test ton outside of home and other batsman is Kohli.

You should just leave this alone.

One batsman has like 1-2 test ton outside of home and other batsman is Kohli.

You should just leave this alone.
Same number of Test centuries in SENA as the great Anil Kumble and Ajit Agarkar.

Back