The cult of Modi haters: Why do they hate India more than they hate Modi?

CricketCartoons

Senior T20I Player
Runs
Modi will have his haters and admirers. Every politician, or leader, no matter how big, has his detractors. In fact criticism towards him is also valid many times.

But why have Modi haters started hating India more than they hate Modi.

Like they rejoice when there is some article in some foreign publication (usually written by indian journalists) or propaganda mouthpieces showing India in a poor light, because it also targets Modi?

Why is there a sense of joy among them whenever there is a tragedy?

Why do they link every law and order problem directly to him, when law and order is a state subject and comes under the chief minister?

WHy do they ignore tragedies and wrongs happening in non BJP ruled state?

Even during world cup final, they had tweets ready blaming Modi for the loss, but had to delete those tweets because of Bumrah.

What is this Modi hatred that has transformed into hatred for India itself?

There are some problems between India and Pakistan at the government level and in some parts of society. But it's not true that all or most Pakistanis hate India.

In fact, many Pakistanis share things like culture, language, and history with India. There are lots of examples of Pakistanis and Indians being friends and getting along well. Many people from both countries have good feelings towards each other, despite what we might hear in the news or from some politicians.

Even Pakistanis on YouTube these days seem to be completely changed and rather enlightened. They talk about Bharat respectfully and make complete sense with their comments asking for their country to catch up and join path of progress.

I would like to assure you one thing however, propaganda only works when you have your own house in order and have an audience.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some problems between India and Pakistan at the government level and in some parts of society. But it's not true that all or most Pakistanis hate India.

In fact, many Pakistanis share things like culture, language, and history with India. There are lots of examples of Pakistanis and Indians being friends and getting along well. Many people from both countries have good feelings towards each other, despite what we might hear in the news or from some politicians.
I should have clarified that I was speaking only about those indians who in their modi hatred, have started wishing ill for india as long as Modi is at the helm.

Pakistanis are within their right to hate modi AND india. That hate at least has some reasons. While Indians who have started celebrating setbacks to India because they can link it to Modi. Their hated for Modi is greater than their love (IF any) for their country. It is like if Modi is going to be in power, then might as well this country get burned to ashes, we don't care. This seems to be their thought process.

I agree, the heritage, culture is similar. But they get along out of convenience i think. Once convenience is no longer there then true nature comes out

People don't hate India, they hate Modi for his aggressive and hateful policies towards minorities

People don't hate India, they hate Modi for his aggressive and hateful policies towards minorities
I am not talking about Pakistanis. Pakistanis should hate India whether it is congress or BJP in power, and indeed they have done that.

I am talking about the indians who in their modi hatred have blurred their vision and started hating on india as long as modi is in power.

not buying it. The only reason this differentiation is Mdoi increased cost to Pak for its actions. cong didn't

I agree, the heritage, culture is similar. But they get along out of convenience i think. Once convenience is no longer there then true nature comes out
uh huh. Just like PCB wanting to separate cricket from politics

Modi will have his haters and admirers. Every politician, or leader, no matter how big, has his detractors. In fact criticism towards him is also valid many times.

Like they rejoice when there is some article in some foreign publication (usually written by indian journalists) or propaganda mouthpieces showing India in a poor light, because it also targets Modi?

Why is there a sense of joy among them whenever there is a tragedy?

Why do they link every law and order problem directly to him, when law and order is a state subject and comes under the chief minister?

WHy do they ignore tragedies and wrongs happening in non BJP ruled state?

Even during world cup final, they had tweets ready blaming Modi for the loss, but had to delete those tweets because of Bumrah.

What is this Modi hatred that has transformed into hatred for India itself?

Some of them, particularly the more influential types, are under various payrolls. They are merely honoring their paychecks.

The rest are anarchists and village masquerading as 'leftist liberals (sic)' . You cannot expect them to make sense.

All of our wars and major attacks happened when Modi was not in power.

The day Pakistan learns that it should not poke its nose in matters that doesn't concern it.

And

That Pakistan has little military economic or diplomatic ability to do anything significant against India and hence not try to project itself as some kind of protector of alleged minority rights.

Things between the two countries will improve drastically.

Infact if Pakistan does that for its entire policy decisions across the board, Pakistan may be a prosperous peaceful nation.

No one hates India or Modi more than the Indians do themselves.

That's why millions of Indians are desperate to flee India. Even the rich Indians send their kids abroad for education etc, and rumour has it Kohli is moving to London too.

Don't believe the hype. Indians should be asking themselves, not others, on why they hate India and Modi so much.

Don't appease the insecurities!

That's why millions of Indians are desperate to flee India. Even the rich Indians send their kids abroad for education etc, and rumour has it Kohli is moving to London too.

Don't believe the hype. Indians should be asking themselves, not others, on why they hate India and Modi so much.

Millions of Indians have to leave India unfortunately because India doe not provide the number of jobs that are required. A lot of it can be traced back to missteps of Nehru and co.

Indians do not hate Modi or India. just look at Modi's approval ratings.

Kohli is moving to London not because of hatred of India/Modi. To lead a regular lifestyle in India for a cricket superstar is next to impossible.

Had you actually read the thread, OP was talking about perspective that of an Indian. The reason why except you, other ppers (non Indian) didn't reply here.

Wrong deduction. Linking migration to hatred. People move for various reasons. The rich and upper middle class of developing countries migrate to developed countries because they demand better services for their taxes, better roads, better healthcare, better education. The poor migrate because it is better to be a cab driver in a developed country than being in a country where you don't have basic human dignity because you are poor.

Do you think when your ancestors moved to UK, it was due to hatred for Pakistan? (rhetorical, no need to answer) I would be surprised if a single Brit Pakistani on PP hates Pakistan. They might hate the politicians and the way their country is being run, but that is because of love for their country, not hatred.

Wrong wrong deduction.

The opposition needs to show Modi era as the lowest point in Indian history. They are doing what they can.

The problem is leftist liberals.
I am a leftists liberal. I love India and have always felt proud of the progress we have made.

Please understand what left is - it is a group which wants progress, but not the cost of inequality of living standard( India is facing its worst inequality)

And being a liberal means I don't a strict sense of historic baggage or want to continue with traditional practices just for the sake of it .
I want to change all old practices followed in India and change them to a scientific approach.

Just stop and think what left and liberal means (in their actual philosophy) and you will be a leftists liberal too

I am a leftists liberal. I love India and have always felt proud of the progress we have made.

Please understand what left is - it is a group which wants progress, but not the cost of inequality of living standard( India is facing its worst inequality)

And being a liberal means I don't a strict sense of historic baggage or want to continue with traditional practices just for the sake of it .
I want to change all old practices followed in India and change them to a scientific approach.

Just stop and think what left and liberal means (in their actual philosophy) and you will be a leftists liberal too

Under the TOTAL and complete control of leftist governments for many decades in India these are the things that happened:

1. Dictatorship circa 1976 when the Indian constitution was officially suspended for nearly 2 yrs.

2. Near bankruptcy circa 1991

3. Normalization of poverty and corruption simultaneously!

I could go on and on but I hope you get the point and I sincerely hope that you are that left liberal that will engage in a Meaningful conversation that Iam searching for years.

My personal experience is that Not one single leftist will engage in a meaningful and mature Conversation with their counterparts from the right.

Oppositions job is to criticise the government.

The easiest way to criticise the government is to criticise how the country is performing.

Nationalists will then deflect this criticism and call their critics anti nationals.

The same pattern is repeated in most countries.

What are.these policies?

Christians in India fearful as election looms, recalling past violence​

Church walls crumble in India's Kandhamal district, where brutal attacks on Christians 16 years ago mean many survivors still worry about their minority's place in a Hindu-majority nation.

With India's election on the horizon and Hindu nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi widely expected to win, many Christians fear they may once again become targets.

Deepti was among those attacked in 2008 when mobs rampaged through parts of India's eastern state of Odisha after the murder of a Hindu priest and his four followers.

The murder was widely blamed on Christians, and the ensuing revenge rampage left at least 101 people dead.

Age 19 at the time, she was gang raped by a mob enraged that her uncle had refused to recant his Catholicism.

"I remember it every minute," the 35-year-old domestic worker said in tears, using a pseudonym because she feared being identified. "I had been living there since childhood; I recognized them from their voice," said Deepti, who moved to the state capital Bhubaneswar after the attack. "I can still remember each one of them."

She was one of scores of women who were sexually assaulted across the district, according to community leaders.

Mobs targeted dozens of churches, prayer halls and Christian homes, forcing tens of thousands to flee.

Last year, the Vatican greenlighted the start of the beatification process towards potential sainthood for 35 of those killed in the violence, a group the church calls the "Kandhamal martyrs."

Local Odisha Archbishop John Barwa calls the move a "source of renewed faith and hope."

A simple memorial for those who were killed has been erected in the village of Tiangia.

"Where there is hatred, let me sow love," the memorial reads, quoting Saint Francis of Assisi.

'Still scared to talk'
Prasanna Bishnoi, head of Kandhamal's survivors' association, said church recognition that people had "died because of their faith" was welcomed — but that honoring the dead did nothing to address the worries of the living.

"Otherwise, I don't think it is going to benefit our people," Bishnoi said.

Six weeks of voting in marathon general elections begin on April 19, but few doubt the June 4 result — with the ruling Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), in power for a decade, widely tipped to win again.

Critics accuse Modi's BJP of wanting to turn officially secular India into a Hindu nation, something he denies. But many Christians worry.

Rightwing Hindu groups have long accused Christians of forcibly converting Hindus, and these allegations, which the community has vehemently denied, have resulted in attacks.

India has 1.4 billion people and, according to the last census, more than 2% are Christians.

Believers say the religion has been present in the country for nearly two millennia, since the apostle Thomas arrived in the year AD 52.

The New Delhi-based United Christian Forum (UCF) rights watchdog recorded 731 attacks against Christians in India last year, warning of "vigilante mobs comprising religious extremists."

In Kandhamal, the trauma of the 2008 attack haunts survivors, fearful they could be targeted again.

"Even now the danger persists," said Raheli Digal, 40, motioning to the charred walls of what was once her house in Irpiguda village, where the church also lies in ruins.

"When we remember those old scenes, and watch the news (about ongoing incidents of violence against Christians), we feel scared," she added. "They have been saying for a long time that they won't let Christians live here."

The housewife said she has lived since the 2008 violence in a resettlement camp nearby, and rarely returns to her village.

"We do not come here ... we are still scared to talk to them (Hindus)," she said.

She sobbed as she described how she hid in the surrounding forested hills, watching as a mob chanting anti-Christian slogans came with blazing torches. "They destroyed our home, set it on fire," she said.

"We had nothing — not even a piece of cloth, not even water or food," she added. "We had small children with us — we grabbed them, and ran into the forest."

'This country is for everyone'​

When Modi inaugurated a grand temple to the deity Ram in the northern city of Ayodhya in January, sparking Hindu celebrations nationwide, Digal and her neighbors stayed home.

The temple was built on the site of a centuries-old mosque whose destruction by Hindu zealots in 1992 sparked sectarian riots that killed 2,000 people nationwide, most of them Muslims.

The BJP admits there is a "level of threat perception," but says it is trying to change that. "It is important that we dispel that," said BJP national spokesman Mmhonlumo Kikon.

Modi has been "engaging with the Christian community and the leaders to reassure them this country is for everyone — it is not just for the majority community," Kikon said.

Bishnoi, from the survivors' association, said seeing Modi meeting Christians helped him feel "safe." But he also said that reports of violence worried him and cast doubt in his mind.

"If this government comes to power, then I think minorities will be under pressure," he said.

Up until Sachin Tendulkar's retirement, I honestly thought there can't come another Indian more hated by Pakistanis than him. I got proved wrong.

Christians in India fearful as election looms, recalling past violence​

Church walls crumble in India's Kandhamal district, where brutal attacks on Christians 16 years ago mean many survivors still worry about their minority's place in a Hindu-majority nation.

With India's election on the horizon and Hindu nationalist Prime Minister Narendra Modi widely expected to win, many Christians fear they may once again become targets.

Deepti was among those attacked in 2008 when mobs rampaged through parts of India's eastern state of Odisha after the murder of a Hindu priest and his four followers.

The murder was widely blamed on Christians, and the ensuing revenge rampage left at least 101 people dead.

Age 19 at the time, she was gang raped by a mob enraged that her uncle had refused to recant his Catholicism.

"I remember it every minute," the 35-year-old domestic worker said in tears, using a pseudonym because she feared being identified. "I had been living there since childhood; I recognized them from their voice," said Deepti, who moved to the state capital Bhubaneswar after the attack. "I can still remember each one of them."

She was one of scores of women who were sexually assaulted across the district, according to community leaders.

Mobs targeted dozens of churches, prayer halls and Christian homes, forcing tens of thousands to flee.

Last year, the Vatican greenlighted the start of the beatification process towards potential sainthood for 35 of those killed in the violence, a group the church calls the "Kandhamal martyrs."

Local Odisha Archbishop John Barwa calls the move a "source of renewed faith and hope."

A simple memorial for those who were killed has been erected in the village of Tiangia.

"Where there is hatred, let me sow love," the memorial reads, quoting Saint Francis of Assisi.

'Still scared to talk'
Prasanna Bishnoi, head of Kandhamal's survivors' association, said church recognition that people had "died because of their faith" was welcomed — but that honoring the dead did nothing to address the worries of the living.

"Otherwise, I don't think it is going to benefit our people," Bishnoi said.

Six weeks of voting in marathon general elections begin on April 19, but few doubt the June 4 result — with the ruling Hindu-nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), in power for a decade, widely tipped to win again.

Critics accuse Modi's BJP of wanting to turn officially secular India into a Hindu nation, something he denies. But many Christians worry.

Rightwing Hindu groups have long accused Christians of forcibly converting Hindus, and these allegations, which the community has vehemently denied, have resulted in attacks.

India has 1.4 billion people and, according to the last census, more than 2% are Christians.

Believers say the religion has been present in the country for nearly two millennia, since the apostle Thomas arrived in the year AD 52.

The New Delhi-based United Christian Forum (UCF) rights watchdog recorded 731 attacks against Christians in India last year, warning of "vigilante mobs comprising religious extremists."

In Kandhamal, the trauma of the 2008 attack haunts survivors, fearful they could be targeted again.

"Even now the danger persists," said Raheli Digal, 40, motioning to the charred walls of what was once her house in Irpiguda village, where the church also lies in ruins.

"When we remember those old scenes, and watch the news (about ongoing incidents of violence against Christians), we feel scared," she added. "They have been saying for a long time that they won't let Christians live here."

The housewife said she has lived since the 2008 violence in a resettlement camp nearby, and rarely returns to her village.

"We do not come here ... we are still scared to talk to them (Hindus)," she said.

She sobbed as she described how she hid in the surrounding forested hills, watching as a mob chanting anti-Christian slogans came with blazing torches. "They destroyed our home, set it on fire," she said.

"We had nothing — not even a piece of cloth, not even water or food," she added. "We had small children with us — we grabbed them, and ran into the forest."

'This country is for everyone'​

When Modi inaugurated a grand temple to the deity Ram in the northern city of Ayodhya in January, sparking Hindu celebrations nationwide, Digal and her neighbors stayed home.

The temple was built on the site of a centuries-old mosque whose destruction by Hindu zealots in 1992 sparked sectarian riots that killed 2,000 people nationwide, most of them Muslims.

The BJP admits there is a "level of threat perception," but says it is trying to change that. "It is important that we dispel that," said BJP national spokesman Mmhonlumo Kikon.

Modi has been "engaging with the Christian community and the leaders to reassure them this country is for everyone — it is not just for the majority community," Kikon said.

Bishnoi, from the survivors' association, said seeing Modi meeting Christians helped him feel "safe." But he also said that reports of violence worried him and cast doubt in his mind.

"If this government comes to power, then I think minorities will be under pressure," he said.

First of all this is a random News article and not a official policy that I was looking for. Secondly look at the highlighted para and let me if you can spot the problem.

Up until Sachin Tendulkar's retirement, I honestly thought there can't come another Indian more hated by Pakistanis than him. I got proved wrong.
I don't think the Pakistanis hated Tendulkar. They actually admired him in private, and were maybe jealous that none of their own batsmen could come anywhere close to him.

It is the same with Modi.

Left wants progress? Left had been in power in West bengal for how many years? And can you list the progress made there?

Liberal? Leftists believing in shutting down dissenting voices.

List the examples of liberalism and progress by the bamponthis in west bengal.

Who are these people ? Any names and examples of their irrational hatred.

Who are these people ? Any names and examples of their irrational hatred.
I gave examples in the original post. I don't keep track of their names, so that is irrelevant.

Recent example was some twitter handles which posted that india is losing the T20 final because Modi is the PM. Prime example of irrational hatred.

I gave examples in the original post. I don't keep track of their names, so that is irrelevant.

Recent example was some twitter handles which posted that india is losing the T20 final because Modi is the PM. Prime example of irrational hatred.

There's not a single person or even group of people named in your original post. How do you expect people to reply when you've just made vague assertions ?

Don't quote anyonmouse twitter handles, nobody cares about them. We can't even establish whether they're really from India.

There's not a single person or even group of people named in your original post. How do you expect people to reply when you've just made vague assertions ?

Don't quote anyonmouse twitter handles, nobody cares about them. We can't even establish whether they're really from India.
Fair enough. I will not expect you to reply. That is a big loss.

You can move to better threads where your expertise will be useful.

I don't think the Pakistanis hated Tendulkar. They actually admired him in private, and were maybe jealous that none of their own batsmen could come anywhere close to him.

It is the same with Modi.

Those were the days.
The jealousy of Sachin was unbelievable.

I think the Pakistanis always felt uncomfortable about Sachin surpassing Imran, Wasim in popularity and legacy wise.

But I must also say a lot of our perception is based on the reactions of British Pakistanis who by all accounts are considered the worst of the lot intellectually speaking.

American Pakistanis , resident Pakistanis were always a lot more respectful and realistic.

Politics have always been polarising and Indians in general have a hero worship culture.

There are people on both sides of the extreme, one who worship Modi more than their love for India and one who hate Modi enough at cost of their love for their nation.

This happens when PR agencies work full time and fool the gullible masses, it’s nothing new and has been happening since ancient times.

People should be practical and judge politicians based on their work, work should be criticised and appreciated depending whether it was good or bad. Politics was supposed to be samaaj seva however politicians are the most powerful people who care the least about samaaj and more about themselves.

The answer to the original OP is simple, that’s how propaganda, *** for tat, brainwashing etc is carried out and always has been carried out by people in power.

Politics have always been polarising and Indians in general have a hero worship culture.

There are people on both sides of the extreme, one who worship Modi more than their love for India and one who hate Modi enough at cost of their love for their nation.

This happens when PR agencies work full time and fool the gullible masses, it’s nothing new and has been happening since ancient times.

People should be practical and judge politicians based on their work, work should be criticised and appreciated depending whether it was good or bad. Politics was supposed to be samaaj seva however politicians are the most powerful people who care the least about samaaj and more about themselves.

The answer to the original OP is simple, that’s how propaganda, *** for tat, brainwashing etc is carried out and always has been carried out by people in power.
Pakistanis are no less when it comes to hero worshiping culture.

It's just that Pakistanis don't seem to be having any genuine heroes of their own to worship. The one guy who could have cut it is in jail with 150 something cases against him.

It's just that Pakistanis don't seem to be having any genuine heroes of their own to worship. The one guy who could have cut it is in jail with 150 something cases against him.
It is less than Indians.

Pakistanis are fickle. They quickly dump their hero when the next one arrives.

You guys take hero worship to another level. We can see it in other areas not just politics. Actors, Singers and Cricketers can be elevated to gods.

Wrong deduction. Linking migration to hatred. People move for various reasons. The rich and upper middle class of developing countries migrate to developed countries because they demand better services for their taxes, better roads, better healthcare, better education. The poor migrate because it is better to be a cab driver in a developed country than being in a country where you don't have basic human dignity because you are poor.

Do you think when your ancestors moved to UK, it was due to hatred for Pakistan? (rhetorical, no need to answer) I would be surprised if a single Brit Pakistani on PP hates Pakistan. They might hate the politicians and the way their country is being run, but that is because of love for their country, not hatred.

Wrong wrong deduction.

No, it is a spot on deduction.

Let first get one thing straight, the immigrants of 50 to 00s, were not only INVITED by the British, but also not a single one of said immigrants claimed their ethnic country was the best in the world - unlike the Modi cult who chest thump claiming India is the best - "Incredible India" - world's fastest economy - yet in the next breath que up at a Western embassy for a visa.

Stop talking about the poor in India, we know the poor are on the increase and the poor would want to leave but cannot afford to. What you have failed to address is why are MIDDLE/UPPER CLASS Modi lovers living in India bailing on India? Do said middle class not have toilets? Not have internet? Not have parks? Why was Kohli thinking of leaving India?

Fact is, Modi has done nothing to develop India, or for its people, but has done everything to regress India, back to right wing nationalist vengeful mentality.

So all those Modi lovers sitting in the West claiming India is the best - stop blagging, we all know what India is really like, and from my perspective, the longer Modi stays, the deeper India rolls

Now go ask your Hindutva brethren why they would die for India, but bail on India in the first instance, why they hate Pakistan, but spend their days on a Pakistan forum.

No, it is a spot on deduction.

Let first get one thing straight, the immigrants of 50 to 00s, were not only INVITED by the British, but also not a single one of said immigrants claimed their ethnic country was the best in the world - unlike the Modi cult who chest thump claiming India is the best - "Incredible India" - world's fastest economy - yet in the next breath que up at a Western embassy for a visa.

Stop talking about the poor in India, we know the poor are on the increase and the poor would want to leave but cannot afford to. What you have failed to address is why are MIDDLE/UPPER CLASS Modi lovers living in India bailing on India? Do said middle class not have toilets? Not have internet? Not have parks? Why was Kohli thinking of leaving India?

Fact is, Modi has done nothing to develop India, or for its people, but has done everything to regress India, back to right wing nationalist vengeful mentality.

So all those Modi lovers sitting in the West claiming India is the best - stop blagging, we all know what India is really like, and from my perspective, the longer Modi stays, the deeper India rolls in !$%^.

Now go ask your Hindutva brethren why they would die for India, but bail on India in the first instance, why they hate Pakistan, but spend their days on a Pakistan forum.
Show just one example of someone who said India is the best country and migrated abroad.

Otherwise you have just made it up.

Show just one example of someone who said India is the best country and migrated abroad.

Otherwise you have just made it up.

Not much of an argument from your side, clearly.

Of course, this is simply because the Modi cult who bail for the West know of the Indian realities deep down, and so do you.

Bottom line, the onus is on you to explain why your own countrymen want to bail India when India is the fastest growing economy, when India is an upcoming superpower, and Modi is the greatest thing to happen to India since the British first set foot.

More Indians despise Modi than Pakistanis do. This is a cold hard fact.

Not much of an argument from your side, clearly.

Of course, this is simply because the Modi cult who bail for the West know of the Indian realities deep down, and so do you.

Bottom line, the onus is on you to explain why your own countrymen want to bail India when India is the fastest growing economy, when India is an upcoming superpower, and Modi is the greatest thing to happen to India since the British first set foot.

More Indians despise Modi than Pakistanis do. This is a cold hard fact.
It was not an argument, but a question.

Do you really think fastest growing means the best? A developing country growing at 10% is better than a developed nation growing at 3%?

Many PTI supporters felt Imran was the best thing to happen to Pakistan. Did they come back to Pakistan?

What kind of kinder garten level arguments are you bringing here?

Your whole point was based on indians think india is the best and yet looking for migrant visa. Just one example. Should not be hard for you.

It was not an argument, but a question.

Do you really think fastest growing means the best? A developing country growing at 10% is better than a developed nation growing at 3%?

Many PTI supporters felt Imran was the best thing to happen to Pakistan. Did they come back to Pakistan?

What kind of kinder garten level arguments are you bringing here?

Your whole point was based on indians think india is the best and yet looking for migrant visa. Just one example. Should not be hard for you.
Why are Indians queuing up for Visas when Modi is revered so much? It is a simple question.

You have been flummoxed. You can try and spin the world hates Modi line because we are all jealous of India blah blah - but in reality Indians despise Modi, and India more than anyone in the world, and you know it deep down.

Why are Indians queuing up for Visas when Modi is revered so much? It is a simple question.

You have been flummoxed. You can try and spin the world hates Modi line because we are all jealous of India blah blah - but in reality Indians despise Modi, and India more than anyone in the world, and you know it deep down.
First read the OP. I was talking about Indians who hate Modi(read this line again and again till it registers). Unless you think you are an Indian by blood because your grandparents were from India, then you are justified in bringing your objections.

I already explained why people move to greener pastures even if they are happy with the direction of their country, but let me explain like I would explain to a kindergarten kid.

Direction does not mean destination. You may be happy with the direction a country is moving in, but you know the destination will take a long time coming. You can enjoy the joys of the destination by migrating. It is the social treadmill. You get more money, you buy a bigger house, move to a richer neighbourhood. If you are from a poor province, you migrate to a city where the jobs are. If you are prosperous in a developing nation, you move to an already developed country with more pay and more joys of life. Your grandparents did it, most humans who are capable of doing it do it.

But you have not given me a single example of an Indian who said india is the best country and took migrant visa of another. How much time do you need for that?

Not related to this specific issue but in general what’s the point comparing us to Pakistanis? If they do something wrong doesn’t mean we should follow them or our same wrongs are justified in any way.

Not related to this specific issue but in general what’s the point comparing us to Pakistanis? If they do something wrong doesn’t mean we should follow them or our same wrongs are justified in any way.
It is the context. This is a Pakistani forum, so why would I compare Indians with Bulgarians or Bhutanese here?

They also exist on Pakistani forums where not a single day passes without an anti-Modi post making its appearance, and that too by Pakistanis who have no business either loving or hating Modi.
Wow! More Pakistan posts on a Pakistani forum! Haha. You deserve a medal for this astute observation.

Your post is a classic example though, you ignored the realities of India, and went straight to Pakistan mode. And anyway, more Indians are posting anti-Modi material. Which is precisely why you - as expected - have ignored the realities of Modi/Indian hating Indians.

It is the context. This is a Pakistani forum, so why would I compare Indians with Bulgarians or Bhutanese here?

I don’t understand, you quoted my post and said Pakistanis are same. Which they might or might not be, I don’t know since I don’t live there.
However, seeing how they have their own cult around IK, religious leaders, corrupt politicians and new online generation on social media who form king Babar cults etc I would think you are probably right in your assessment.

But I still did not understand the point you were trying to make, is the point that it’s not an “India” only problem but sub continent problem? Or were you trying to make some other point?

Wow! More Pakistan posts on a Pakistani forum! Haha. You deserve a medal for this astute observation.

Your post is a classic example though, you ignored the realities of India, and went straight to Pakistan mode. And anyway, more Indians are posting anti-Modi material. Which is precisely why you - as expected - have ignored the realities of Modi/Indian hating Indians.
Did you do the homework I gave you?

1. Read the OP again.
2. Bring forth one example of an indian who said India is the best country and went for a migrant visa.

Very easy homework.

Folks - The Cult Of Modi & India haters - reside in India - no place else.

Your assessment is 100% wrong.

There are quite a few people abroad who hate Modi/India and a lot who love Modi/India. Mostly all of them are of Indian origin or sub continent origin.

Obviously none of them love India/Modi enough to sacrifice their standard of living to go back to India. Nor any of them hate India/Modi to care enough to do anything which gets them in trouble in the current state they live in.

All they can do (both sides) is show their emotions on social media.

Did you do the homework I gave you?

1. Read the OP again.
2. Bring forth one example of an indian who said India is the best country and went for a migrant visa.

Very easy homework.
A wise man once said -

" A cow does not die by the curse of a crow".

Left wants progress? Left had been in power in West bengal for how many years? And can you list the progress made there?

Liberal? Leftists believing in shutting down dissenting voices.

List the examples of liberalism and progress by the bamponthis in west bengal.
The actual philosophy....the core principles... Not what the political parties calls themselves

Under the TOTAL and complete control of leftist governments for many decades in India these are the things that happened:

1. Dictatorship circa 1976 when the Indian constitution was officially suspended for nearly 2 yrs.

2. Near bankruptcy circa 1991

3. Normalization of poverty and corruption simultaneously!

I could go on and on but I hope you get the point and I sincerely hope that you are that left liberal that will engage in a Meaningful conversation that Iam searching for years.

My personal experience is that Not one single leftist will engage in a meaningful and mature Conversation with their counterparts from the right.
Politics uses left and right as a means to get votes and then uses the power the power for the benefit of those who gave them financial support before the election.

Unfortunately politics from either end is just a means to hold on to power, once the power is attained they only serve their own interests and interest of their financial backers.

India has generally progressed because of the way Indian family system works. Parents are mostly education oriented and want better life for their kids. This helps the next generation becoming better than the previous animation.

It has less to do with the with the power to be and more with the way Indian value system works.

Ok, which country has successfully implemented the actual philosophy of communism and shown progress and liberalism.
Hey, just because power corrupts doesn't mean the actual philosophies are wrong. Unless we understand the path we want to follow, we would always be on the wrong path.

Being a liberal and being a leftist are the right philosophies to follow because they ensure that everyone proceeds forward and not a specific group which was able to win elections.

The problem is the implementation. I believe a central left is the best implementation, and I have faith that once AI becomes the de facto work machine of the world, probably like next 50 years, the world would move towards towards universal income.

And that would be the ideal liberalism

Hey, just because power corrupts doesn't mean the actual philosophies are wrong. Unless we understand the path we want to follow, we would always be on the wrong path.

Being a liberal and being a leftist are the right philosophies to follow because they ensure that everyone proceeds forward and not a specific group which was able to win elections.

The problem is the implementation. I believe a central left is the best implementation, and I have faith that once AI becomes the de facto work machine of the world, probably like next 50 years, the world would move towards towards universal income.

And that would be the ideal liberalism
Wonder what is so difficult about communism that no one has been able to implement it truly.

Maybe it is a rotten philosophy in the first place.

I believe India cannot be United on the basis of some group, because we are just too diverse a country to be United on anything. Apart from that, we as humans live in this boundary.

The current government, attained power, by misusing the faults that lie in the Indian population. Do you think Congress couldn't have done majority appeasement?

They had all the power to do it, but they choose not to.

And they're they're choosing not to was not because they are some saints, but because they had something bigger, they were the only political party which could benefit from Indian freedom struggle.

When BJP was trying to find out how to gain power, they could not use the Indian freedom struggle card, so they had to use the very delicate Hindu card.

And the Hindu card is a two-edged sword, because it tries to unify a country that is so diverse, and it can never be done without actual genocide and removal of every other faith, and that too is impossible, because that's the culture of the country.

Wonder what is so difficult about communism that no one has been able to implement it truly.

Maybe it is a rotten philosophy in the first place.
It's not rotten philosophy. It's a difficult thing to do. It goes against the very fundamental of survival of the fittest.

Survival of the fittest, is nature's way of choosing who should survive. Unfortunately, survival of it is does not translate to economic terms, because the best mind could be living in abject poverty, and would never be able to showcase their talent because they were just born in abject poverty.

Hence, it becomes responsible for a intelligent species like us, to rectify odd natural Instinct of self-preservation and move towards species preservation, which if you look at it is socialism.

Human beings are not created equally. Hence their abilities differ and so the results and rewards will be different.

Who are you to decide what to change? Who are the leftist liberals to decide what to follow? Leftists are not even popular in the country. Their rule in Bengal was marred by violence, economic ruin and destruction of all democratic rights.

I am a center right conservative. Always been so.

It's not rotten philosophy. It's a difficult thing to do. It goes against the very fundamental of survival of the fittest.

Survival of the fittest, is nature's way of choosing who should survive. Unfortunately, survival of it is does not translate to economic terms, because the best mind could be living in abject poverty, and would never be able to showcase their talent because they were just born in abject poverty.

Hence, it becomes responsible for a intelligent species like us, to rectify odd natural Instinct of self-preservation and move towards species preservation, which if you look at it is socialism.
Your ideal communism exists only a paper. In reality it becomes a cancer that kills countries and societies. You must be too young. Hopefully you will grow sensible.

I am a first hand survivor of communism.

Self declared intellect species.

Human beings are not created equally. Hence their abilities differ and so the results and rewards will be different.

Who are you to decide what to change? Who are the leftist liberals to decide what to follow? Leftists are not even popular in the country. Their rule in Bengal was marred by violence, economic ruin and destruction of all democratic rights.

I am a center right conservative. Always been so.
I agree with you that humans all humans are not made the same. They are some humans who have more strength. Some have more intelligence. Some have more pionating ideas, but all of them are found at uniform distribution across economic conditions.

But those humans who are born into better economic conditions are able to showcase their talent, and those humans who are born into poverty never get a chance to fulfill what their life was supposed to be.

It has nothing to do with nature, and everything to do with the way economic model works in the world.

If humans were some other animals, a brilliant mind would have nothing holding him back, but in human terms there are real forces that prevent him from achieving their goal.

So yes humans are not same, but a poor human can can potentially be the next Einstein, but never get a chance to do it

Your ideal communism exists only a paper. In reality it becomes a cancer that kills countries and societies. You must be too young. Hopefully you will grow sensible.

I am a first hand survivor of communism.
Hey, I did say that center left is the best implementation, and I also said that we have butchered the current implementation.

But I am optimistic, because communism fails when we expect people to do a thing with no monetary rewards, but once AI becomes the de facto work machine, nobody would need to do anything. And they would only do work because they want to do it.

That I think, would be the solution.

Hey, I did say that center left is the best implementation, and I also said that we have butchered the current implementation.

But I am optimistic, because communism fails when we expect people to do a thing with no monetary rewards, but once AI becomes the de facto work machine, nobody would need to do anything. And they would only do work because they want to do it.

That I think, would be the solution.
You will wake up one day. Only regret will be the years you wasted believing in communism. But till then let ignorance be a bliss.

Politics uses left and right as a means to get votes and then uses the power the power for the benefit of those who gave them financial support before the election.

Who were the beneficiaries in the last 10 yrs under the most Right leaning govt ever?

Unfortunately politics from either end is just a means to hold on to power, once the power is attained they only serve their own interests and interest of their financial backers.

India has generally progressed because of the way Indian family system works. Parents are mostly education oriented and want better life for their kids. This helps the next generation becoming better than the previous animation.

It has less to do with the with the power to be and more with the way Indian value system works.

This can be easily measured in widely accepted Metrics used to measure a country's development... right?

No Indian person can hate beloved india

Politician will comes and go so don't care about them.

No individual is bigger than india.

Stop worshipped about anyone. When someone doing right thing than praised him but whenever they did wrong then criticized him.

Modi done some good works wgen it's come to Kashmir and foreign policy .

At the same time unemployment, Religious bashing,hate etc increasing rapidly.

I agree with you that humans all humans are not made the same. They are some humans who have more strength. Some have more intelligence. Some have more pionating ideas, but all of them are found at uniform distribution across economic conditions.

But those humans who are born into better economic conditions are able to showcase their talent, and those humans who are born into poverty never get a chance to fulfill what their life was supposed to be.

It has nothing to do with nature, and everything to do with the way economic model works in the world.

If humans were some other animals, a brilliant mind would have nothing holding him back, but in human terms there are real forces that prevent him from achieving their goal.

So yes humans are not same, but a poor human can can potentially be the next Einstein, but never get a chance to do it

My young bengali guy left a sprawling business empire in textiles in East Bengal in 1946 and came to Kolkata.

Only his bachelor youngest brother accompanied him. Rest everyone stayed in East Bengal.

He started a small shop in Kolkata dealing in textiles. He expanded it to a big level. Come the communists, they harassed the family because of their long Association with congress.

Every other day shop or the office or the mill will be closed by the communist union on one pertext or another.

The young man now not so young and his son went to odisha. Many years back they had been awarded mining rights there. A business which was not very profitable because all major steel makers in India had captive mines. Only smaller ones needed iron ore from outside.

They met every steel maker who would meet them to buy ore from them. Even working as middle men to get them coal or other minerals from other mine owners so that we can act as complete suppliers.

This was a moderate success but enough to close down all businesses in Bengal.

When steel boom started in 90s it made them very rich. But for that they had to struggle.

Success isn't cheap. Generational wealth is created by hard work of many generations.

I know many such success stories of Hindus who came from East Bengal.

I also know many rich businessmen who were reduced to hand to mouth in Bengal by communists.

The biggest problem of left liberals is that they think they have the right to tell people what to do.

No Indian person can hate beloved india

Politician will comes and go so don't care about them.

No individual is bigger than india.

Stop worshipped about anyone. When someone doing right thing than praised him but whenever they did wrong then criticized him.

Modi done some good works wgen it's come to Kashmir and foreign policy .

At the same time unemployment, Religious bashing,hate etc increasing rapidly.

I agree. Country is bigger than any party or leader or ideology.

Modi has made his mistakes and i hope he starts correction next year with the first full budget of Modi 3.0.

Modi is making the same mistake with Nirmala sitharaman that Vajpayee made with sudheendra Kulkarni.

Bamponthi Buddhijeebi. Amra sob jaani. Baaki ra murkho. Tai to dada?
I guess you mean to say "Bamponthi intellectuals. We know everything. The rest are fools. Isn't that right, brother?"

I don't know what it means and what are you referring to.

My young bengali guy left a sprawling business empire in textiles in East Bengal in 1946 and came to Kolkata.

Only his bachelor youngest brother accompanied him. Rest everyone stayed in East Bengal.

He started a small shop in Kolkata dealing in textiles. He expanded it to a big level. Come the communists, they harassed the family because of their long Association with congress.

Every other day shop or the office or the mill will be closed by the communist union on one pertext or another.

The young man now not so young and his son went to odisha. Many years back they had been awarded mining rights there. A business which was not very profitable because all major steel makers in India had captive mines. Only smaller ones needed iron ore from outside.

They met every steel maker who would meet them to buy ore from them. Even working as middle men to get them coal or other minerals from other mine owners so that we can act as complete suppliers.

This was a moderate success but enough to close down all businesses in Bengal.

When steel boom started in 90s it made them very rich. But for that they had to struggle.

Success isn't cheap. Generational wealth is created by hard work of many generations.

I know many such success stories of Hindus who came from East Bengal.

I also know many rich businessmen who were reduced to hand to mouth in Bengal by communists.

The biggest problem of left liberals is that they think they have the right to tell people what to do.

Communists are like parasites, they always likes to grow on others

I guess you mean to say "Bamponthi intellectuals. We know everything. The rest are fools. Isn't that right, brother?"

I don't know what it means and what are you referring to.

Leftist intellectual. They think they know everything. Rest are fools.

This was pumped in the veins of Bengalis during communist rule. Some happening even nowm

Back