The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread

So if one opener played like and idiot for ten years we should tell the new one to waste another ten years?

that opener has acheived more in year then what his replacement has done in his career.'

that opener has been our best prior to this series,
this opener is 23
this opener is playing first time out of Asia
Even Ian chappel rates this opner

In any other team in the World Jamshed would not have been dropped

plus this isnt an isolated case

What drift? Junaid khan continues to bowl. Hafeez is alright. You are expecting SA to fold for 70.

This has happened many times before. We have a great start. Misbah bowls his less effective bowlers. Lets the batsmen gets set. Then bowls his best at the end.

Even commies are saying now that Misbah needs to go for the kill.

When such TTF are given chances over umer and jamsheed then you know the captain is a bonehead. you can say captain doesnt have a say but you are wrong. in our cricket captain has a big say in who he wants.

He gave jamshed three chances who three it away three times.

This has happened many times before. We have a great start. Misbah bowls his less effective bowlers. Lets the batsmen gets set. Then bowls his best at the end.

What has happened before? That the he bowls his best pacer and number one all rounder together?

plus this isnt an isolated case

Yeah who can forget the shehzad out of asia century and then dropped.... it like you have to make 200 in every match just to secure your position.

He gave jamshed three chances who three it away three times.

Name any team that just gives three.... tell if farhat had scored like this would he have been dropped... i say no bcz he would have been given five chances on the basis of that 25 in the first ODI.

So is that Nasir's excuse for throwing it away three times?
That Misbah gave middle order passengers three chances?

Your excuse is just throwing it away.... first time outside asia he should have been given a consistent run. what team in the world does this? youngsters need a consistent long run to prove themselves. and tell me why is umer not in the squad too. He gives it away also but scores more then yk,malik and kamran ....

Sorry not very convincing logic. 'I as an opener should be allowed to fail more times since you allow your favorites to fail more times"

I as an opener should be given more chances bcz i am a youngster playing outside asia for the first time and should be persisted with bcz i am the future and can learn.

Sorry not very convincing logic. 'I as an opener should be allowed to fail more times since you allow your favorites to fail more times"

not as illogical as your arguments

and there farhat hero just dropped a catch

jamshed was slow but at least he was a safe pair of hands

Your excuse is just throwing it away.... first time outside asia he should have been given a consistent run. what team in the world does this? youngsters need a consistent long run to prove themselves. and tell me why is umer not in the squad too. He gives it away also but scores more then yk,malik and kamran ....

Nope. The reason why Nasir is out today is because he was not clueless like hafeez against the new ball. He is out because of the manner of his dismissal. It's a big game for Pakistan, one that they need to win. I back him to do the right thing. As I type this the hateful Farhat drops a catch.

Last edited:
PAK need to go for the bloody kill and bowl your best bowler AJMAL!

Instead he's bowling the defensive Hafeez. This is allowing the batsmen to get set before ajmal comes on!

in the opinon of the vast majority he has earned it , obviosuly you differ thats fine, i expect the same to be said of farhat

Can't speak for the majority. The desire to dislike Misbah usually is not sound since it is based on everything except logic.

Can't speak for the majority. The desire to dislike Misbah usually is not sound since it is based on everything except logic.

really , again your opinon, i was a fan before he became captain

even Adnan ul haq is having second thoughts

misbah so stick with tests

not as illogical as your arguments

and there farhat hero just dropped a catch

jamshed was slow but at least he was a safe pair of hands

Count how many runs Miller scores and deduct them from Farhat's score and I'm pretty sure the outcome will be there for all to see plus this is not taking into account how this gives SA a mental boost and the reverse in Pakistan's case.

Ok here is a think... if you look at the field placement they are taking singles... giving away easy singles at this time is not good captaincy.

really , again your opinon, i was a fan before he became captain

I was his fan too during his captaincy. but recent developments and unbelievable decisions have cost that.

Ok here is a think... if you look at the field placement they are taking singles... giving away easy singles at this time is not good captaincy.

Not really. They are scoring singles because they are good and because singles will be scored - it is what batsman do time to time.

I was his fan too during his captaincy. but recent developments and unbelievable decisions have cost that.

Can you list the three to five things that soured you enough to forget everything that made you a fan.

The guy who score two centuries just 4 odis ago is dropped? Where is the logic in this? How many 50 has malik scored for last 3 years?

PAK need to go for the bloody kill and bowl your best bowler AJMAL!

Instead he's bowling the defensive Hafeez. This is allowing the batsmen to get set before ajmal comes on!

hafeez had a dropped catch and ajmal is on....
nothing wrong with the captaincy so far.

Can you list the three to five things that soured you enough to forget everything that made you a fan.

Letting oppositions get away from 50 for 4 or 20 for 6 or 50 for 6... Bad field placements, not using ajmal as a trump card and winning the toss and bowling first on a flat track.Sticking with seniors ( no matter what you think a a captain has alot of say in who he wants).. these are just few. Extremely defensive at times.

5th highest runscorer since 2012, reason enough to warrant more than 3 chances
you cnt drop nasir jamshed because he is not willing to do tuk tuk he is playing his natural game by playing aggresively he can take the game away frm opponent if he click we won the series against india just becaus of nasir n nw you are droping him after 3 failiur same on the team management he is the best odi player in the team ryt nw

brings ajmal and gets three wickets in power play...
the sound of silence on this thread is deafening

Umar Sid: "Did any notice, Wahah just bowled 4 over for 16 runs. When he was going for runs Misbah bowled him out."

Misbah is a retarded captain.

This guy is ruining what would otherwise be a great team... his virus is spreading at the speed of light and need to get rid of him... how many times do you have your opposition at 0-2 and then they end up at 234-9? Only with Misbah's over-defensive mentality. Should stay away from the team as much as possible.

I have no idea why Misbah relies on Afridi so much when the man is clearly out of form.

Hafeez should have gotten a wicket the moment he came on but the fielder (Farhat?) dropped a simple chance. Had he gotten that wicket which would have derailed the Saffers even more, this conversation would not have been taking place. Blame the fielder, not Misbah.

As far as team selection is concerned, Misbah is not the only one who takes those decisions.

SA out for 234.... a 100 less than the last match
good day as skipper so far.

Hafeez should have gotten a wicket the moment he came on but the fielder (Farhat?) dropped a simple chance. Had he gotten that wicket which would have derailed the Saffers even more, this conversation would not have been taking place. Blame the fielder, not Misbah.

As far as team selection is concerned, Misbah is not the only one who takes those decisions.
How exactly is the team selected? Anyone know.

Most people seem to say/think Captain has the majority say in the matter.

How exactly is the team selected? Anyone know.

Most people seem to say/think Captain has the majority say in the matter.

Obviously not. The coach is there for a reason. The seniors and maybe even the team selectors must also have a say in selecting the team.

Re: The Misbah-ul-Haq Captaincy Analysis Thread [Merged]

Misbah can't bat first. ...

He knows the batting line up is incapable of scoring more than 220....

If they bat first on a batting pitch then they will show their ridiculousness.

If they Bat second he can hope the bowlers do a job. ... And only he has to chase 220 anyway.

If they do end up having to chase 300 (rare case bowlers fail)... He can blame chasing pressure.

Clever man. ... Misbah

Now do people realise why Misbah doesn't like batting first?

Such a crap captain

You need wickets and no first slip

You are crap Misbah, get lost

Misbah has not done better at all except batting.....His team selections and on the field actions have been quite poor some times...

But we have no option at this point of time...Hafeez is himself going no where..

I haven't read the thread but it doesn't take a genius to understand what must be going on... Typical of Pakistani fans.. lose the match blame the captain.

Misbah's Captaincy & Blantant Blunders

1) Kept his best bowler (Junaid Khan) out for the first 2 ODIs in West Indies.

2) For 3rd ODI, instead of dropping Wahab, drops Asad Ali.

3) Dropped Nasir Jamshed in South Africa when he had just scored back-to-back 100s in India....and completely destroyed Nasir's confidence.

4) Dropped Nasir Jamshed in South Africa when he had just scored back-to-back 100s in India....and yet kept playing Malik who had not scored a single 50 in last 3.5 years.

5) Kept slow scoring batsmen like Malik, Farhat, Hafeez, Asad Shafiq.... (or instructed them to score slowly) so that he himself looks like "andhoon main kana raja".

6) After winning (leading) the ODI series 2-0 in India, he did not play players from the bench in 3rd ODI.

7) Kept batsmen like Umar Akmal & Ahmed Shehzad way from the team so that his own S/R does not look HORRIBLE as compared to theirs.

Feel free to add yours from the history/memory. I'll add more as I recall them.

That was a bloody poor decision by Misbah

Anyone with half a brain knows you dont give Wahab the last over there. I knew as soon as he gave the ball to Wahab this would end badly or it would be close. It is NOT Wahabs fault. He is simply not a last over bowler.

Poor poor by Misbah.

Misbah is a pathetic captain.

He's deserves most of the blame for today - pathetic bowling changes and field settings.

This joker gave last over to Wahab instead of Hafeez/Afridi
That wasn't his mistake. His mistake was not to bowl more overs of Afridi or Hafeez. See which one looked in form. Hafeez looked in form and only bowled 6. Yet Riaz bowled 10.

Think Misbah's under pressure to be aggressive and "look for wickets", but that isn't his style.

1) Got punished for his consistently low target setting when batting first - served him right.

2) Failed to correct the field for the brainless Wahab Riaz in the final over as he kept feeding the offside swinging bats.

Also inevitably got punished for the decision to persist with Umar Akmal as w/k.

Last edited:
As awful as that over was, it was Umar Akmal that messed it up. If he could catch then Holder would have been run out.

Horrible cricketer. If only he scored at a strike rate of 80 and not his usual 55 then 2 slogs and it becomes 65.

His fans always say "y do u want mishbah 2 make a triple 100 in 37 ballz". Fact is that no one is asking for that, just a reasonable AVERAGE strike rate. Not the usual tuk tuk.

Wort captain.. Woirse Fielding set...and Worst bowler rotation...:facepalm:.. played a selfish innings early on a Flt Pitch that even Wahab Riaz,Jaison Holder and Narine Scored with a SR over 200.LOL... Pathetic, Coward player...Now Plzz Get out of our Team....Thank you Sir.....

Misbah's Captaincy & Blantant Blunders

So another Akmal choked behind the stumps :facepalm:

7) Kept batsmen like Umar Akmal & Ahmed Shehzad way from the team so that his own S/R does not look HORRIBLE as compared to theirs.
At least get your facts right. Misbah scores quite a bit quicker than Shehzad.

Misbah SR: 73
Shehzad SR: 65

Ajmal is a joke of a bowler at the death but for some reason, this clueless captain continues to trust him.

That wasn't his mistake. His mistake was not to bowl more overs of Afridi or Hafeez. See which one looked in form. Hafeez looked in form and only bowled 6. Yet Riaz bowled 10.

Think Misbah's under pressure to be aggressive and "look for wickets", but that isn't his style.

He could have given the second last over to Hafeez or Afridi and then Junaid for the last over then.

That was a bad throw by Junaid.

Can't blame Umar too much, it was hard to collect like that and then run him out.

Back