The UFC/MMA Thread

Explosive win for Henry Cejudo. Hopefully the flyweight division stays for now. It would be sad to take away the living of some of these fighters.

Last edited:
Light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones dominated Anthony Smith in a gruelling five-round fight to defend his title at UFC 235 in Las Vegas.

Two-time champion and overwhelming favourite Jones, 31, picked fellow American Smith apart to earn a unanimous decision.

Jones dominated all five rounds of their main event bout, comprehensively outstriking and outgrappling the 30-year-old.

Despite receiving a two-point deduction for an illegal knee in the fourth round, Jones won by a wide margin, with all three judges scoring the bout 48-44 at the T-Mobile Arena.

Victory extended Jones' undefeated record in world title fights to 13 as he successfully defended his title for the first time since recapturing the belt from Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 232 in December.

"Hats off to Anthony Smith," Jones said. "Now I see why they call him 'Lionheart'.

"I have never had someone talk to me while I was hitting him. This guy is so durable - he's like a Terminator. He did a great job."

The fight did not match Jones' vintage displays during his previous world title run, and he admitted he did not deliver the performance he hoped for.

"Man, this MMA thing is really hard," he said.

"Some days you're going to look amazing and some days at work you're not going to perform at the level you hold yourself to.

Before UFC 235, Jones hinted at a move up to heavyweight to face old foe and current champion Daniel Cormier for a third time.

But after beating Smith, Jones suggested an extended stay at light-heavyweight could be an option - with a new crop of contenders, led by Brazilian knockout artist Thiago 'Marreta' Santos, beginning to emerge.

"Right now I'm going to enjoy this win, go back to the drawing board and figure out ways to get better," Jones said.

"There's a lot of young talent in the UFC - so many guys coming up, so many guys that are looking unbelievable - and that's going to be such a challenge in itself."

Usman makes history
In the night's co-main event Nigeria-born Kamaru Usman produced the performance of his career to dominate long-reigning welterweight champion Tyron Woodley and become the first African-born world champion in UFC history.

Usman, 31, extended his winning streak to 14 and maintain his unbeaten record in the UFC.

"I might not be the best striker in the world and I might not be the best pure wrestler in the world," he said.

"But when it comes to mixing it up, I'm the best welterweight on the planet right now."

Walker wins in 36 seconds - then injures himself doing 'the worm'
It proved to be a mixed night for Brazilian light-heavyweight striker Johnny Walker.

The 26-year-old headed into his short-notice fight with Canadian Misha Cirkunov having already scored quick knockout wins in his past two bouts.

The crowd-pleasing Walker added another spectacular finish to his record as he finished the number 14-ranked contender with a spectacular flying knee after only 36 seconds.

But Walker was soon red-faced with both embarrassment and pain after dislocating his left shoulder when he attempted 'the worm' dance move to celebrate.

Askren weathers early storm to claim debut win
Ben Askren produced a thrilling come-from-behind victory on his UFC debut against former UFC champion Robbie Lawler.

American Askren, 34, was slammed to the canvas and battered with heavy ground strikes as Lawler threatened to score an early stoppage win, but recovered admirably and locked up a bulldog choke to force the end of the contest.

Former US Olympic wrestler Lawler protested against the first-round stoppage, playing up to the crowd and teasing UFC president Dana White by asking: "Is that the best you've got?!"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/47430934

Cowboy Cerrone has recorded an emphatic win over Al laquinta who is ranked 4 places above him to be in the contention for a distant but possible shot at the lightweight title.

I am loving the traffic in lightweight division. Once Khabib comes back he will most likely face Dustin Poirier who is the interim lightweight champion now. Unfortunately Tony Ferguson still seems to be stuck in his situation surrounding the expiry of a restraining order against him.

In my opinion it is just a matter of time before Conor McGregor makes a come back and Cowboy Cerrone has already called him for a contest.

Cowboy Cerrone has recorded an emphatic win over Al laquinta who is ranked 4 places above him to be in the contention for a distant but possible shot at the lightweight title.

I am loving the traffic in lightweight division. Once Khabib comes back he will most likely face Dustin Poirier who is the interim lightweight champion now. Unfortunately Tony Ferguson still seems to be stuck in his situation surrounding the expiry of a restraining order against him.

In my opinion it is just a matter of time before Conor McGregor makes a come back and Cowboy Cerrone has already called him for a contest.

Top class performance from Cerrone, used his longer body to perfection esp with his kicks. Respect to Al for giving it all but gosh did he take a beating.

Good news for Khabib he will have enough opponents for big fights in the near future.

Top class performance from Cerrone, used his longer body to perfection esp with his kicks. Respect to Al for giving it all but gosh did he take a beating.

Good news for Khabib he will have enough opponents for big fights in the near future.

Especially if Tony Ferguson makes a comeback - it will be terrific news for the fans of lightweight division.

By the way UFC 239 on July 6 is what I call a "super card" - all the 5 bouts in the main card feature either current champions or former champions (I am counting Ben Askren as a welterweight champion from ONE FC).

Really looking forward to this on July 6.

Last edited:
Paige Van Zant needs to retire ASAP and go into a different industry :afridi

Lost all respect for Conor with his bitter behaviour after the mauling from Khabib, would love to see him get another phainta

Lightweight division is looking spicy.

Also, not sure what the latest is on this but Nunes v Holls could be a great fight even though Holly is kinda past it now but there's not too much competition out there besides the inevitable Cyborg rematch

Really am a fan of Raging Al, but he couldn't get close to Cerrone due to the reach advantage. Whenever I see Cowboy he always looks to have too much of everything for his opponents, not really sure how he has 11 losses on his card. I'm assuming it was to people who could match him for size.

Really am a fan of Raging Al, but he couldn't get close to Cerrone due to the reach advantage. Whenever I see Cowboy he always looks to have too much of everything for his opponents, not really sure how he has 11 losses on his card. I'm assuming it was to people who could match him for size.

yes very smart fighter. Many of his defeats are due to being hurt and you could see this last night as Al did land some good blows and hurt him but the attacks werent sustained for long enough periods. His other defeats were on decision and in MMA loses can happen due to the nature of the sport. It's remarkable Khabib is undfeated but he is the GOAT wrestler in MMA imo.

yes very smart fighter. Many of his defeats are due to being hurt and you could see this last night as Al did land some good blows and hurt him but the attacks werent sustained for long enough periods. His other defeats were on decision and in MMA loses can happen due to the nature of the sport. It's remarkable Khabib is undfeated but he is the GOAT wrestler in MMA imo.

Al was just too small in my opinion. He can outfight anyone in his own height bracket, but Cowboy was just too big and tall. I checked his record of defeats and one of them was to Nate Diaz, the first guy to defeat Conor McGregor because he could match him for range and height, even if Diaz was past his best by that time.

Paige Van Zant needs to retire ASAP and go into a different industry :afridi

Lost all respect for Conor with his bitter behaviour after the mauling from Khabib, would love to see him get another phainta

Lightweight division is looking spicy.

Also, not sure what the latest is on this but Nunes v Holls could be a great fight even though Holly is kinda past it now but there's not too much competition out there besides the inevitable Cyborg rematch

I think as a fan I have learnt to separate a fighter's off field shenanigans to his on field performances. In that context Conor McGregor has had a tremendous impact on the sport of MMA. While I do not particularly like what he does off the field - his achievements are already legendary.

I miss the Conor from back in the day who swept the entire 145 lb division. The way he messed with the then Featherweight champion Jose Aldo's head before UFC 194 and to back it up with a 12 second knock out is legendary which is still the fastest defeat in a UFC title fight.

And then he moved to lightweight division and won the belt after decimating Eddie Alvarez. I still cannot forget how he sat on top of one of those Octagon fences with both the featherweight and lightweight belts on his both shoulders. He became the very first fighter in UFC's history to win 2 belts in two different weight classes.

Before that he jumped nearly 3 weight divisions - to Welterweight and fought that incredible 2 match series with Nate Diaz winning the latter.

The guy has done tremendous things for the sport. He turned a lot of casual fans towards this sport. He still is the PPV king headlining 4 of the 6 highest selling PPV's ever in UFC history.

God how I miss the old Conor. I think he has made too much money too early and kind of lost interest to be honest.

I hope the loss to Khabib really hurts him and inspires him to make a comeback because as I said sometimes his off field antics obscure or dominate what he is truly famous for - a tremendous fighter in the Octagon.

Last edited:
I think as a fan I have learnt to separate a fighter's off field shenanigans to his on field performances. In that context Conor McGregor has had a tremendous impact on the sport of MMA. While I do not particularly like what he does off the field - his achievements are already legendary.

I miss the Conor from back in the day who swept the entire 145 lb division. The way he messed with the then Featherweight champion Jose Aldo's head before UFC 194 and to back it up with a 12 second knock out is legendary which is still the fastest defeat in a UFC title fight.

And then he moved to lightweight division and won the belt after decimating Eddie Alvarez. I still cannot forget how he sat on top of one of those Octagon fences with both the featherweight and lightweight belts on his both shoulders. He became the very first fighter in UFC's history to win 2 belts in two different weight classes.

Before that he jumped nearly 3 weight divisions - to Welterweight and fought that incredible 2 match series with Nate Diaz winning the latter.

The guy has done tremendous things for the sport. He turned a lot of casual fans towards this sport. He still is the PPV king headlining 4 of the 6 highest selling PPV's ever in UFC history.

God how I miss the old Conor. I think he has made too much money too early and kind of lost interest to be honest.

I hope the loss to Khabib really hurts him and inspires him to make a comeback because as I said sometimes his off field antics obscure or dominate what he is truly famous for - a tremendous fighter in the Octagon.

I don't have respect for his recent behaviour and bitter antics but there is no denying he has achieved a lot in the sport of MMA, am not sure if that defeat or any other fight out there can bring back the same hunger/desire he had before all those millions which came from the Floyd purse; but you wouldn't right him off considering he did go straight into a super-fight after a long time away from the Octagon which isn't the most sensible thing to do.

Man it hurts to watch one of my favorite fighters lose but cowboy fought a good fight. I still think Tony/Khabib/Connor beat him.

The matchups I’m hoping happen in the future are:
Khabib vs Dustin
Conor vs Cowboy
Tony vs Max
Gaethje vs Al

While this is not part of UFC - Ben Askren fought Jordan Burroughs (4 time freestyle wrestling and 1 time Olympic Gold medalist) as part of Beat The Streets "Grapple At The Garden" event which he lost 11-0.

Almost nobody including Ben Askren himself possibly did not think that realistically he has a chance against the Olympic champion. This was mainly being done for charity and to put wrestling in mainstream focus.

In my opinion wrestling is at the very foundation of being a good MMA fighter and I am glad that wrestlers like Henry Cejudo, D.Cormier, Khabib lead their respective divisions. Hopefully Ben Askren shows his magic in the welterweight division.

Ben faces Jorge Masvidal next on July 6th at UFC 239 in Las Vegas. By the way the Welterweight division is proving to be a shark tank with Ben Askren, Jorge Masvidal, Colby Covington, Tyron Woodley, Kamaru Usman and RDA.

Tyron Woodley will be fighting Robbie Lawler next after his humiliating loss to Kamaru Usman.

Kamaru will be most likely fighting Colby Covington and this is going to be a terrific fight with Colby known for his great conditioning and consistent forward pressure. Also Colby's open support of Donald Trump - he has made almost everyone his enemies in the division except Jorge Masvidal who is good friends with.

Looking forward to some action in this division.

Last edited:
Watching the early prelims of UFC 237 in Rio De Janiero.

Cant wait for my girl "Thug Rose" Namajunas the current strawweight champion take on the number 1 contender Jessica Andrade.

I love Thug Rose - she reminds me of one of those Japanese Manga characters - a very vulnerable, delicate looking girl who turns into a lean fighting machine when the need be.

I am also looking forward to Alexander Volkanovski who is on a 16 match winning spree who takes on the number 1 contender Jose Aldo.

Man this is like a street brawl between Luana Carolina vs Priscilla Cachoeira. Some of these early prelims can be pretty entertaining.

What an entertaining 2nd round - Cachoeira is rightly called the Zombie girl. She took some punishment and she kept coming in.

Damn BJ Penn is still competing - kinda sad to see he's come to a place where he is no longer on the main card, but he has been on a losing spree though. It feels like an eternity since he was known as the Welterweight and Lightweight champion.

Sad to see BJ still fighting.

Hopefully Rose wins tonight, she always looks so calm and composed. It’s amazing

Painful to watch BJ Penn like this. Lost another bout - this time to Clay Guida. Tremendous respect for the legend BJ Penn from Clay.

Man, Sergio Moraes got leg kicked, flying knee into his face, upper cut - Alves used every single tool to punish him till Moraes basically dropped like a tree. A comprehensive knock out.

Damn a knock out in the first round for Ryan "Superman" Spann over Little Nog. The Brazilian crowd silenced.

Mexico vs Brazil. Irene Aldana vs Bethe Correia. So every single bout in the main card has a Brazilian contender.

A much better round for Bethe - those extra 5 pounds factoring in when she threw those bombs at Aldana.

What could have been a close decision - turned out to be a submission defeat due to an arm bar for Bethe. A very good win for Aldana. The 2nd time the Brazilian crowd falls silent.

Oh my goodness just learnt that DONALD CERRONE vs TONY FERGUSON is added to UFC 238.

Tony ferguson is back yaayyyyyyyyyyy. And Dad Donald Cerrone is 3-0 since the birth of his son.

That was a lot of activity from Staropoli but a significant strike landed by Alves right at the end of the round.

Judges got it right with the decision in favor of Staropoli - damn the kid maintained a frenetic pace. In the main card Brazil is down 0-2 now with both their fighters losing the 2 bouts so far out of the 5.

Now a really big one JOSE ALDO v the very exciting Australian Alexandar Volkanovski.

This is such an interesting fight - great to watch. An eye poke warning for Alex. But Alex in my book is dominant so far.

Damn Brazil - 3-0 down in 3 bouts in the main card now. Alexandar Volkanovski wins the bout quite comprehensively actually. Damn Alex is 17-0 now. Very very good fighter.

Alex Volkanovski might be the number 1 contender now in the Featherweight division to challenge Max Holloway.

Moving on to JARED CANNONIER vs ANDERSON SILVA.

I really do not know why Anderson Silva is still fighting. He is ranked number 14 now.

He just said that he simply likes fighting - he is 44 now. Wow.

NOOOOO. Anderson injured. Fight stopped. That inside leg kick landing right at the knee. Painful.

Anderson wincing in pain. But Brazil 0-4 down in the main card in all the 4 bouts so far.

Can the Brazilians get redemption when Jessica faces off with Thug Rose?

The last and main event here we goooo....

"The crowd got no respect for me - so I have no respect for them" - well said Cannonier. Man what a pathetic crowd.

What a class act Anderson is. A certified legend.

Anderson Silva - PLEASE RETIRE - you have nothing to prove to anyone - you are an absolute legend. Dont hurt yourself like this man.

Oh my - I love you Thug Rose. This is the reason you are the champion. What footwork and speed. 1st round clearly for ROSE.

HOLY COW.

JESSICA ANDRADE lifts and destroys ROSE NAMAJUNAS.

JESSICA the new strawweight champion. What a bout. Jessica was getting picked up the whole round and then magic happened.

JESSICA is the new champion.

Well the Brazilians fans have the final say - in cricketing sense its like the fans watching your team losing all the league games and then trumping at the knock out stages. Phenomenal.

Man, that slam by Jessica - it was so scary to watch how ROSE landed on her neck, so easily could have broken her neck - exactly the reason why this is actually illegal in Judo. I mean its illegal in MMA too if it is done intentionally but of course in this case it's just that ROSE was still focused on Jessica's arms and did not roll and landed pretty badly on her neck.

I am so happy that ROSE is alright.

I will be buying UFC 238 not for the main event which is CEJUDO vs MORAES but because they added TONY FERGUSON v COWBOY CERRONE to beef up the card.

Tony Ferguson is back and what a terrific match up it will be with Cerrone. Also Cerrone just fought recently and he has already accepted this fight at short notice.

The next scheduled event is UFC FIGHT NIGHT 152 on 18th May with the main card DOS ANJOS vs KEVIN LEE - this is actually a very good card. I like Kevin Lee's fighting style.

I will be buying UFC 238 not for the main event which is CEJUDO vs MORAES but because they added TONY FERGUSON v COWBOY CERRONE to beef up the card.

Tony Ferguson is back and what a terrific match up it will be with Cerrone. Also Cerrone just fought recently and he has already accepted this fight at short notice.

The next scheduled event is UFC FIGHT NIGHT 152 on 18th May with the main card DOS ANJOS vs KEVIN LEE - this is actually a very good card. I like Kevin Lee's fighting style.

Should be a cracker! Where is the event taking place?

Ferguson has been out for a little while now, not sure how he is physically and mentally but we know Cowboy is in peak condition. His victory over Al was so good I have a feeling he may also beat Tony.

Should be a cracker! Where is the event taking place?

Ferguson has been out for a little while now, not sure how he is physically and mentally but we know Cowboy is in peak condition. His victory over Al was so good I have a feeling he may also beat Tony.

United Center, Chicago, Illinois.

Yes, Cowboy has mentioned that after becoming a dad he's had this extra motivation to get the belt for his son to leave him a legacy. Dad Cerrone is 3-0 now.

But I will never write off Tony Ferguson - he is such a freakish fighter. He is on a 11 fight win streak - his last loss came all the way back in 2012.

Yes he has been out for a year but I've seen fighters coming back after much bigger layoff's. The question is as you said how is he feeling mentally.

This is a great great fight and whoever wins will probably challenge either Conor McGregor or the winner between Dustin Poirier and Khabib.

United Center, Chicago, Illinois.

Yes, Cowboy has mentioned that after becoming a dad he's had this extra motivation to get the belt for his son to leave him a legacy. Dad Cerrone is 3-0 now.

But I will never write off Tony Ferguson - he is such a freakish fighter. He is on a 11 fight win streak - his last loss came all the way back in 2012.

Yes he has been out for a year but I've seen fighters coming back after much bigger layoff's. The question is as you said how is he feeling mentally.

This is a great great fight and whoever wins will probably challenge either Conor McGregor or the winner between Dustin Poirier and Khabib.

Thanks, looking forward to it. I honestly thought Pettis could have fought better against Tony, he made it look tougher than it was . But yes Tony is a quailty fighter. Now I know why Cowboy was so motivated, he looked very very good and Im backing him for this reason alone.

Thanks, looking forward to it. I honestly thought Pettis could have fought better against Tony, he made it look tougher than it was . But yes Tony is a quailty fighter. Now I know why Cowboy was so motivated, he looked very very good and Im backing him for this reason alone.

Just to add UFC 238 is on June 8th.

Speaking of Anthony Pettis - do you know who is he fighting next - NATE DIAZ. Yes, Nate is making a comeback after 3 years and they added this as the co-main event to UFC 241 where Miocic will be taking on Daniel Cormier in what might be DC's final fight in the heavy weight division at least.

DC still wants to fight Jon Jones at light heavy weight to exact revenge for his previous loss 2 losses (well the latter was turned to no contest).

Just to add UFC 238 is on June 8th.

Speaking of Anthony Pettis - do you know who is he fighting next - NATE DIAZ. Yes, Nate is making a comeback after 3 years and they added this as the co-main event to UFC 241 where Miocic will be taking on Daniel Cormier in what might be DC's final fight in the heavy weight division at least.

DC still wants to fight Jon Jones at light heavy weight to exact revenge for his previous loss 2 losses (well the latter was turned to no contest).

I thought the Diaz brothers fell out with Dana? I guess business is business but it seemed the fallout was of a serious nature with some harsh words spoken.

DC is a brave guy and I cant think of another combat fighter who would want to fight again against a man who has beaten him more than once previously. The only way I can see DC beating Jon Jones is via his wrestling skills, it's pretty silly to go toe to toe standing with someone as brilliant as Jones. Again I guess the business makes a lot of sense as this will surely be PPV.

I thought the Diaz brothers fell out with Dana? I guess business is business but it seemed the fallout was of a serious nature with some harsh words spoken.

DC is a brave guy and I cant think of another combat fighter who would want to fight again against a man who has beaten him more than once previously. The only way I can see DC beating Jon Jones is via his wrestling skills, it's pretty silly to go toe to toe standing with someone as brilliant as Jones. Again I guess the business makes a lot of sense as this will surely be PPV.

You hit the nail on its head my friend - at the end of the day it is business (referring to Nate's situation vis-a-vis Dana White).

Speaking of DC's intention to fight Jon Jones - I actually blame Conor McGregor for this. Let me explain, Conor set a very exciting albeit a dangerous precedent when he had that 2 match series with Nate Diaz at Welterweight.

If you remember at the time Conor was a featherweight and he jumped 3 weight classes to take on Nate Diaz at Welterweight and he lost the first one. Conor's ego was so gigantic that he wanted a rematch at the same weight class, same venue - same opponent - same everything and he won the 2nd rematch against Nate.

But not everybody can do this and a few fighters took a leaf out of Conor's book and not had much success. Now I know DC jumping down one weight class may not appear too drastic a change but it is not his natural weight class and clearly it is his ego and a sense for revenge which is egging him on to take on Jon Jones - who in my book is the most all round MMA fighter ever. And he is taking on Jones in his own weight class.

First there is the difference in height which coupled with Jon Jones's speed means Jones will control the range and as we saw in both fights - Jon Jones nullified many of DC's take-down attempts which is where DC's wrestling would have come into play.

Either way I really hope this match up actually does not happen. DC - the legend he deserves to go on a high note and hopefully Miocic's match up will be his final one.

Florida prosecutors have dropped all charges against UFC star Conor McGregor after he was arrested for allegedly smashing a fan's phone.

The Irish fighter had been charged with strong-armed robbery and misdemeanour criminal mischief.

But on Monday state prosecutors said the alleged victim had gone abroad and stopped co-operating with police.

The incident took place on 11 March as McGregor, 30, left the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel.

According to a police report filed at the time, the fan was trying to take pictures when the fighter knocked it out of his hand, before stamping on it, picking it up and leaving with it.

The phone was valued at $1,000 (£760).

"The victim of the crime does not wish to return to the United States and prosecute this case," Prosecutor Khalil Madani told the Miami court on Monday.

McGregor had already settled a civil lawsuit with the victim out of court.

Video of the incident captured by CCTV cameras appears to show the fighter getting into an altercation outside the luxury hotel.

The former two-weight champion had been in Florida preparing for his UFC comeback after losing his last fight to Khabib Nurmagomedov of Russia in 2018.

That came a year after McGregor lost a boxing match, thought to be the most lucrative in history, to multiple world champion Floyd Mayweather.

American Mayweather earned a reported $100m (£76m) from the bout, with McGregor thought to have pocketed $30m.

Last year, McGregor was ordered by a court to have anger management training and perform five days of community service in return for the dropping of criminal charges for attacking a bus containing rival UFC fighters.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48258546

Watching FIGHT NIGHT 152 - Main Card RAFAEL DOS ANJOS v KEVIN LEE - this whole card is a sneaky good card.

RASHAD EVANS is inducted into Hall Of Fame - a very well deserved honor for the former Light Heavyweight champion.

6 ft leggy beauty Megan Anderson about to take on Felicia Spencer in her debut UFC fight.

Co- main event about to begin.

In the Middleweight division - its the bout between IAN HEINISCH v ANTONIO CARLOS JUNIOR.

Carlos Junior dominated the 1st round with this superior grappling. Start of the 2nd round Heinisch starts with leg kicks.

This is definitely a good round for Heinisch - he did some damage with his left hand landing repeatedly on Carlos's head.

Really looking forward to RDA vs Kevin Lee. Kevin Lee making his debut in the Welterweight division.

That 1st round began with an explosive mix of leg kicks and strikes. RDA got a clean take down but Kevin Lee also had a lot of activity. An entertaining 1st round.

Wow RDA submits Kevin Lee. Yeah, I got a feeling that Kevin Lee gassed out a bit after exploding like that especially in the first round.

A very very good win for RDA.

While most of my sports watching time is currently being consumed by the cricket world cup - I would be remiss in not mentioning the shock retirement of Alexander Gustafsson 'The Mauler'. He announced his retirement after his submission loss to Anthony Smith at Stockholm a few days ago.

Thank you sir for your rich contribution to the sport - especially your legendary fight with Jon Jones - probably the only time Jon was truly tested and stretched to the limits.

While most of my sports watching time is currently being consumed by the cricket world cup - I would be remiss in not mentioning the shock retirement of Alexander Gustafsson 'The Mauler'. He announced his retirement after his submission loss to Anthony Smith at Stockholm a few days ago.

Thank you sir for your rich contribution to the sport - especially your legendary fight with Jon Jones - probably the only time Jon was truly tested and stretched to the limits.

All the best to the mauler, huge news in the MMA world.

Regarding Jones, I seriously couldn't give a damn about the level of testing or whether or not he passes, his career and legacy will forever be tainted there is nothing that can ever change that for me. He is a druggie and that is his legacy.

I want to see Thug Rose rematch Andrade, but I question her desire with regards to ambition; but perhaps not having the pressure of a strap will help her big time. This just shows what a legend Joanna Champion was dominating for as long as she did.

Excited for Holly Holmes / Nunes, the winner should face Cyborg soon after who does deserve a rematch but I keep reading conflicting reports regarding whether she will be given a shot I hope it is just hype

UFC flyweight champion Henry Cejudo added the vacant bantamweight world title to his collection after staging a thrilling come-from-behind TKO victory against Brazilian Marlon Moraes at UFC 238 in Chicago.

American Cejudo, 32, battled back after a torrid opening round to dramatically turn the contest in his favour, as he closed the distance on his opponent and found success with his close-range boxing and Muay Thai knees.

Eventually, Moraes, who had loaded up with heavy strikes early in the fight, began to tire and Cejudo finished his opponent with ground strikes with nine seconds remaining in the third round.

Cejudo's victory meant he became only the fourth athlete - after Conor McGregor, Daniel Cormier and Amanda Nunes - to hold two UFC world titles simultaneously.

It is a status known to fight fans as being a "champ champ", but Cejudo gave himself a different label after his historic victory.

"No, I'm not champ champ, ladies and champion. My name is 'Triple C'. Olympic champion, flyweight champion of the world and now bantamweight champion of the world.

"I am the greatest combat athlete of all time."

Cejudo captured a gold medal in freestyle wrestling at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing and transitioned to mixed martial arts five years later.

After his first attempt to win a UFC world title ended in a knockout loss to then-flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson in 2016, Cejudo went back to the drawing board and defeated Johnson in a rematch to win the title two years later.

He then turned back the challenge of then-bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw with a 32-second knockout and, after Dillashaw was stripped of his title for testing positive for blood booster EPO, faced top bantamweight contender Moraes for the vacant bantamweight title in Chicago.

After his win, Cejudo sent a message to UFC president Dana White, saying: "Wherever you are, I have a hit list. But I want to start getting paid. I want to start making heavyweight money."

Valentina Shevchenko was making her first defence of the UFC flyweight title she won in December
The night's co-main event produced one of the most spectacular knockouts in women's MMA history as reigning UFC women's flyweight world champion Valentina Shevchenko stunned number-one contender Jessica Eye with a stunning head kick KO 26 seconds into the second round of their title fight.

Kyrgyzstan's Shevchenko was a huge 1/14 favourite to retain her title against American Eye, and made good on the bookmakers' confidence as she connected cleanly with a left high kick to retain the title she won against Poland's Joanna Jedrzejczyk at UFC 231 last December.

Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone was back in the octagon less than five weeks after defeating Al Iaquinta
Former UFC interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson claimed a crucial victory over fellow contender Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone in their eagerly-anticipated main card clash, but it didn't pan out in the way anyone had hoped.

After a back-and-forth battle over the first two rounds - and a controversial late punch by Ferguson at the end of round 2 - Cerrone made a critical error before the start of the third round when he blew his nose.

It saw Cerrone's already swollen right eye close up immediately forcing a premature end to the contest, with UFC president White later confirming that Cerrone had been transported to hospital with a broken orbital bone.

The TKO victory for Ferguson extends his win streak in the UFC to 12 fights and puts him in pole position to face the winner of the UFC 242 title fight between Khabib Nurmagomedov and Dustin Poirier in Abu Dhabi.

Earlier in the night it proved to be a mixed night for the two British fighters in action in Chicago.

Middleweight Darren Stewart picked up a hard-earned unanimous decision victory over American prospect Bevon Lewis, while Scotland's Joanne Calderwood was edged out on the scorecards by number two-ranked flyweight contender Katlyn Chookagian.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/mixed-martial-arts/48571890

All the best to the mauler, huge news in the MMA world.

Regarding Jones, I seriously couldn't give a damn about the level of testing or whether or not he passes, his career and legacy will forever be tainted there is nothing that can ever change that for me. He is a druggie and that is his legacy.

Your language might be harsh - but it is the absolute truth - Jon Jones in my book is perhaps the best all round fighter but I simply cannot accept him as a champion - the dude cheated - more than once- in a combat sport where people can be legitimately hurt for life. I have zero respect for cheaters in any sport but especially in combat sports where people actually put their lives on line when they fight.

Back