The UFC/MMA Thread

A very absorbing first round. Both fighters had their moments. Perry is winding up real hard though with his punches.

That a literal "bloody" war.

What a friccking round - Oh My Goodness - look at Mike Perry's nose - IT IS BROKEN.

Right - this is it - the last fight of the evening - the main event VALENTINA SHEVCHENKO vs LIZ CARMOUCHE.

2nd round done. Again nothing really happened but Valentina controlled the center of the Octagon.

Yeah the official decision has come - VALENTINA has successfully defended her Flyweight title. Well done.

Really excited for the upcoming UFC 241 at Honda Center, Anaheim, California on Aug 17th Saturday.

While there are quite a few good fights - my eye will be on these fights in this exact order of interest:

NATE DIAZ vs ANTHONY PETTIS - welterweight - co -main event.

Nate Diaz is making a comeback after 3 years and Anthony Pettis and him genuinely do not like each other.

YOEL ROMERO vs PAULO COSTA - cant wait for this one - Yoel is a beast and Costa is yet to lose a bout.

And of course the main event DC vs STIPE.

Welcome to UFC 241. In the next few minutes we will see one of he more anticipated cards of the year unfold.

Did'nt realize Frank Trigg is the referee who was the opponent in "that" famous Matt Hughes fight.

There you go as I expected Cory wins this. A win against a 3rd ranked fighter is very impressive.

Every single fight so far both in the prelims and the early prelims going the distance i.e., all the 3 rounds.

Holy cow the -1,000 favorite Devone Smith LOSES the fight - Devonte Smith.

Left hook by Khama Worthy knocks out the favorite - the first knockout of the night.

It came after the crowd booed both fighters as they had a friendly touch of the gloves during the fight. The coach of Worthy was not happy with that too.

What a spectacular UFC debut.

Ian's takedown defence is very good. Great balance shown by him. Ian began with a high headkick to the temple at the very beginning of the 1st round.

Ahahaha, boo's for Colby Covington as he enters the arena - and he embraces the role of the "heel" to a T.

"Colby sucks" chants ring around the arena.

Meanwhile Brunson dominating so far.

Derek Brunson wins the fight - he especially dominated the last 2 rounds.

Next fight coming up at Featherweight - Gabriel Benitez vs Sodiq Yusuff.

What a fight so far. Two beasts going at each other. OH no groin strike. Yoel Romero is down. Romero has 5 minutes to recover.

This may not be the main event - but as Henry Cejudo said this is the "Fighter's event" - well this is my number one event of the evening too.

I am beginning to think maybe Romero's age is catching up to him. He is 42 now and he is definitely behind Costa so far.

Romero needs to get a knockout to win this.

Paulo Costa has won it. Crowd booing. I mean it was a close fight but Paulo probably deserves this.

Ahahaha Costa calling out Adesanya.

What a comeback for Diaz into the Octagon. That 1st round was gold for him - especially the latter half of it.

What a fight. Man Diaz poured so much pressure in that 3rd round.

I think Nate dominated clearly in significant strikes.

Nate Diaz calling out Jorge Masvidal. Jorge Masvidal smiling....now that would be a tremendous fight between the 2 latin dogs.

Tony Ferguson is in the house too.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGG

STIPE MIOCIC causes a mssive upset - STIPE regains the title the heavy weight title.

DC clearly dominated 3 rounds - and what tremendous adjustment made by Miocicin the 4th round with a flurry of blooheavy body shots to DC.

Very very impressive by Miocic.

Romero vs Costa was an absolute war. I don't see how Romero lost that though. At worst, it should have been a draw.

I was shocked how Stipe had been overlooked so easily and literally was given no chance, you don't reign for as long as he did if you're not able to compete at the elite level; the win over DC substantiates his credibility as one of the best HW's of all time. Also great for the division, a third encounter is surely likely and it will do a massive buy rate as well.

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27442458/ufc-conor-mcgregor-struggles-future

Conor Mcgregor's latest interview - I believe that he has had a lot of mental reflection in the last few months - and I am hoping that it is a genuine change since he is talking about leaving a legacy for his kids and grand kids.

Either way a transformed and a mature Conor Mcgregor's return to UFC would be for the benefit of all the fight fans.

Tomorrow is fight night 157. Not a particularly great card but the main event - I will surely be watching between JESSICA ANDRADE who won the straw weight title after she pile drove Rose Namajunas into the ground.

Jessica will be facing home girl WEILI ZHANG who is a really good fighter and she has actually a decent change against Jessica.

If Zhang manages to win - it will a huge shot in the arm for the UFC in China - as a Chinese champion will surely inject interest into the sport which the UFC will surely welcome from a huge market like China.

Time for the main event in UFC Shenzhen.

It's JESSICA ANDRADE vs WEILI ZHANG straw weight.

Zhang began her MMA career with a loss and that is it. Since then she is on a 19 win tear.

This is Jessica's first title defense - and she travelled all the way to Shenzhen half way across the world.

OH MY GOODNESS - Zhang wins a first round knock out and becomes the first Chinese UFC champion in a commanding style.

Back