The UFC/MMA Thread

That was beautiful to watch the way Zhang unleashed a combination of knees, elbows, right hand , left hand.

What an exciting fighter she is.

It's for me always funny when the post fight interview takes longer than the actual fight. But that's the nature of an MMA fight.

Now for the big one next week UFC 242 in UAE. Khabib v Poirier.

So far UFC 241 remains the best card of the year - can this beat it? Except for the main card the other ones are not too particularly stacked. But Islam Makhachev vs Davi Ramos could be a good one too.

Also it has happened where no name fighters can burst through in these sort of cards.

Looking forward to UFC 242 cant wait for it.

UFC debut for FARES ZIAM of France against DON MADGE in the very first fight of the day at Lightweight.

Another separation by the referee in the 2nd round. To me it appears, Madge looks a bit more active. And then the take down comes for Madge. Now some opportunity for ground and pound - but the round ends right there after the take down.

The 2nd fight of the day at Middleweight is between -

OMARI AKHMEDOV vs ZAK CUMMINGS - Russia vs USA.

Upcoming 4th fight in early prelims and the last fight of this stage is at Welterweight again -

BELAL MUHAMMAD vs TAKASHI SATO.

1st fight of the prelims is at Lightweight between -

OTTMAN AZAITAR (Morocco) vs TEEMU PACKALEN (Finland).

OMG - what a massive , huge right hand- Teemu is literally floored. A scary thud could be heard when Teemu fell down.

Ottman still undefeated - and now he begins his first fight in UFC with a thumping win.

Oh wow Sarah Moras by TKO in the 3rd round. Jojua crestfallen.

I mean Sarah was beating up Jojua - referee had to stop it.

The next fight is at Featherweight -

ZUBAIRA TUKHUGOV vs LERONE MURPHY of England who is making his UFC debut.

Calderwood has the advantage so far as far as the striking is concerned and with that takedown she probably had the upper hand in Round 2.

Now moving in to the Pay Per View territory in the US.

1st fight in the PPV - at Lightweight

MAIRBEK TAISUMOV vs CARLOS DIEGO FERREIRA.

Damn, Taisumov is tired.

But Carlos still needs to be careful.

Man, Carlos hunting down Taisumov in the Octagon.

Man, referee has some mercy on Shamil and stops the fight.

Total domination by Curtis from the beginning to the end.

The next one is a big one -at Lightweight -

It's Khabib's friend from Dagestan ISLAM MAKACHEV vs DAVI RAMOS.

Both of them playing the waiting game and looking to counter strike so for large parts of the 1st round - nothing really happened.

Poor first round, seems as if neither wants to hit the floor.

Islam needs to start attacking in the 2nd.

3rd round will decide this so far poor contest.

Ramos could do this if he connects a few.

Islam pretty much dominated the 3rd round with that huge knee which floored Ramos and since that moment Islam continued the pressure.

Islam does the job in round 3, easy win overall.

I can see others going toe to toe with striking against him in the future, looks vunerable agaisnt anyone with power.

Pray tell why is this Felder vs Barboza the co-main event. I guess they could not find any other meaningful bout.

Last edited:
Islam does the job in round 3, easy win overall.

I can see others going toe to toe with striking against him in the future, looks vunerable agaisnt anyone with power.

By the way for you guys in the UK - do you get these events on cable or like us folks here do you have to fork out Pay Per View dollars?

By the way for you guys in the UK - do you get these events on cable or like us folks here do you have to fork out Pay Per View dollars?

BT sport pay per view box office. Not all UFC events are pay per view, most aren't.

Barboza is a tough dude but not as good as he used to be imo.

BT sport pay per view box office. Not all UFC events are pay per view, most aren't.

Barboza is a tough dude but not as good as he used to be imo.

Sounds similar like here in the US - the fight night events are not PPV they are simply on cable.

Yep Barboza is no longer a legitimate lightweight contender - although he still is a very good fighter.

What? that is a surprising decision to me.

Felder did really well in the 3rd round - I think under the new rules in terms of the overall significant strikes - Felder must have pulled through.

Back