The UFC/MMA Thread

Khabib Nurmagomedov v Dustin Poirier announced for Sept 7th in Abu Dhabi.

Dustin was very impressive in his last fight but surely will have no chance against the Eagle? [MENTION=135526]leonidas_alexandar[/MENTION] [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Khabib Nurmagomedov v Dustin Poirier announced for Sept 7th in Abu Dhabi.

Dustin was very impressive in his last fight but surely will have no chance against the Eagle? [MENTION=135526]leonidas_alexandar[/MENTION] [MENTION=46929]shaz619[/MENTION]

Yep - I saw this announcement a week ago I believe. This is going to be a very good fight.

It is very difficult not to pick Khabib -so he would be the favorite for me - but Dustin's footwork is very good and it really all depends on how effective is he in nullifying Khabib's takedowns and then take advantage of his southpaw style. A lot of fighters seem to be truly shocked when they fight Khabib for the first time and find themselves on the mat with him on the top.

Dustin needs to be careful not to back up towards the cage - because that means inevitably the takedown is coming from Khabib. Dustin must try to remain in the centre of the octagon as much as possible to thwart Khabib's forward pressure aimed at takedowns.

Nonetheless this potentially could be a great fight between two fighters with such contrasting styles.

Khabib should be able to beat DP but it won’t be easy. Dustin has good boxing skills and he’s a black belt in BJJ.

The toughest fight for khabib is Tony without a doubt

Tony calling out Khabib again, the fight to make after Khabib-Porier imo. Can't see Tony winning though, Khabib has great cardio and won't be worried by Tony's guard

Watching the prelims of UFC Fight Night featuring the main event JUNIOR DOS SANTOS vs FRANCIS NGANNOU.

Francis Ngannou - is the definition of a human beast.

Watching JARED GORDON vs DAN MORET.

Wow - Alonzo - one shot - and Paul went out - in the first round. Uff....3 knuckle sandwiches and Paul eats them on his face directly.

Referee stops the contest - Alonzo wins by knockout.

Oh wow DOBER decimates REYES in the very first round. That big left on the jaw floored REYES.

The second straight 1st round knockout in the main card today.

ROOSEVELT ROBERTS vs VINC PICHEL. Good fight so far.

What an entertaining fight this is . PICHEL dominating the 3rd round.

Next match - DEMIAN MAIA vs ANTHONY ROCCO MARTIN.

DEMIAN MAIA wins by decision. Clearly a correct decision.

Oh my goodness. JOSEPH BENAVIDEZ is stopped by the referee from inflicting further damage on FORMIGA.

That leg kick followed by some fist bombs finished this bout.

This is it ---time for the big fight - the main event FRANCIS NGANNOU vs JUNIOR DOS SANTOS....cannot wait.

By the way - this is such a great way to prepare to see the big Sunday India V England. Great time to be a sports fan.

OH MY GOODNESSSSS..........

Another first round knock out for NGANNOU - holy **** - DOS SANTOS floored. Hammer fists and done.

Interesting to see KAMARU USMAN on NGANNOUS's side. I think they both might be from the same gym or the same management team.

Also USMAN is very big on African representation.

OH MY GOODNESSSSS..........

Another first round knock out for NGANNOU - holy **** - DOS SANTOS floored. Hammer fists and done.

Interesting to see KAMARU USMAN on NGANNOUS's side. I think they both might be from the same gym or the same management team.

Also USMAN is very big on African representation.

That was decent but Jorge Masvidal knocking out Ben Askren in 5 seconds just silly from Bens part. You cannot start a MMA fight and be wide up for a flying knee so early!

Masvidal won in 2 seconds, Askren has suffered more damage in 2 fights in the UFC than in his entire career prior to that, he should retire and save himself the brain damage

Really really really looking forward to COLBY "CHAOS" COVINGTON vs ROBBIE "RUTHLESS" LAWLER today.

If Colby wins he will get the title shot against Kamaru Usman - and there is absolutely no love lost between them.

That was decent but Jorge Masvidal knocking out Ben Askren in 5 seconds just silly from Bens part. You cannot start a MMA fight and be wide up for a flying knee so early!

Yup I saw that live - and it happened so quick - to be honest massive credit to Masvidal for planning that and more importantly executing it.

Ben Askren make no mistake is still an elite fighter - former Bellator and ONE champion and this is his first loss. But UFC does have the best fighters - so what he may have faced in those other championships is now history and my grand mother has better striking abilities than Ben.

For Masvidal - the guy has been in the business for 15 years but it is his last 2 fights against Darren Till and Askren that put him firmly in the spotlight now. He will not get the title shot though as Colby Covington is not only ahead of him in the rankings but recently he was the interim champ. If Colby defeats Lawler today - Dana White confirmed that Colby will get the title shot against Kamaru.

Last edited:
Damn - what an superb submission win my Matt Schnell within 2 minutes of the first round. Great to watch.

Wow - what a first round between Pudilova and Shevchenko (sister of the more famous Valentina)...

Pudilova's elbows and Shevchenko's arm bar attempt the highlights.

Oh my goodness what a submission win by Shevchenko and her sister Valentina the flyweight queen is over the moon.

That's the bond you can only see between blood brothers and sisters. You can see the pride, relief all mixed up on Valentina's face seeing her sister Antonina's win. Great to watch.

What an entertaining fight - Mickey Gall wins the decision against Salim Touahri. Great to watch all the 3 rounds.

Okay lets now go to the main card.

O wow - I think I saw Donald Trump's both sons in the audience. Obviously they are there to support Colby Covington who is a big supporter of Donald Trump.

Yep - I saw it coming - the doctor decided that Ma cannot continue with his bloated left eye.

Holtzman wins.

Submission win for Gerald. Herb Dean did not see the tap - so it was scary for a few seconds but Trevin got up - so its all good in the end.

Anyway, when will we see the Nunes v Cyborg rematch ? :yk3

The Afghan fighter prevails - what a beautiful left.

Great great to see George St. Pierre - oh wow - he is in Nasrat's camp.

That's a beautiful knockout by Nasrat.

The arena is ringing with the shouts of "GSP" who is in Nasrat's corner.

Holy Cow - this is it - time for COLBY COVINGTON vs ROBBY LAWLER.

Kamaru Usman is actually at the arena working for ESPN - who Colby will fight in the eventuality of Colby's win tonight.

Ahahahaha - Colby Covington - probably the most divisive UFC fighter in the roster - but he has his rabid fans and haters.

Beautiful pressure and control by Colby. Colby is well within his game plan of wearing Robbie out.

I think - Colby has got all the 4 rounds so far. The guy pours in so much volume in terms of strikes, relentless pressure.

Well that was disappointing. Colby breezes through Lawler.

I am more looking forward to the post fight interview with Colby ha ha. Kamaru might be there.

Ahahahaha - they had security at the post fight analysis at ESPN - this post fight chat with Colby and Kamaru was more exciting then the actual fight with Lawler.

Watching the prelims of UFC Uruguay.

Star attraction tonight VALENTINA SHEVCHENKO, MIKE "PLATINUM" PERRY.

What a third round between Gutierrez and de Freitas jr.

These prelim bouts involving lesser names can sometimes produce pretty awesome fights.

This is going to be a decision - a split decision - win by Chris Gutierrez. Great sportsmanship between the 2 fighters.

Oh no....the doctor does not allow the fight to go on.

PAIVA's eye cut looks ghoulish and I think the doctor's call is right. It is the knee from Bontorin and the follow up strikes opened up the cut.

BONTORIN wins by TKO.

Coming up TECIA TORRES vs MARINA RODRIGUEZ.

Tecia Torres - I remember this girl - she won against Michelle Waterson but that seems like such a long time ago. She lost her last 3 bouts.

I think Rodriguez has done enough - especially in the 3rd round to win.

Official decision coming up....

Upcoming fight...

CIRYL GANE vs RAPHAEL PESSOA at Heavyweight.

Both fighters have'nt lost a single fight yet

Wow what an action packed 2nd round. Garagorri and Humberto exchanged a flurry of punches and even had time for a high five lol.

Back